PDA

View Full Version : Okay, i am piss with the game! high level deference is useless!

solitaryknight
10-25-2011, 04:46 AM
I got beatup by someone whose attack is 4 times lower than my deference! can someone tell me wts wrong with the game! is this a bug?

My status:

Attackers' status

skunk
10-25-2011, 04:56 AM
So you are level 6 and have added 92 people to your mafia - probably because you read these forums and thougt it was good to do so without looking at why you were doing it.

You can only use 5 times your level as mafia, so you are only using 30 mafia in each fight.
However, your total mafia defense (and attack) that is displayed is assuming you use all 92 mafia.
Your best bet is to delete all your mafia down till you get to 30 and then you have a good number to work with.
Only add more when you level up.

This way you will find people in your rivals list with comparrable mafia strengths and won't always get beaten up.
In fact, you should win many fights as you have some knowledge now.

Last tip.
Make sure you have enough items for your mafia.
Each mafia can use 1 weapon, 1 melee, 1 armour and 1 vehicle.
So when buying equipment, make sure you buy what you don't have. This way you will use 100% of the value you buy.

skunk
To delete mafia - go to menu>add mafia>my mob.
You can always add more later using these forums, you will never have too few.

KronicK
10-25-2011, 08:16 AM
lol only lvl 6 and he pissed :)), wait until you lvl 80s and you will see !

solitaryknight
10-25-2011, 12:59 PM
oh maybe i should make it clear, most of my defence comes from buildings which all the towers are lvl3, seems like defence buildings are useless right now!

This is the pic of my hood! any tips?

khung003
10-25-2011, 01:00 PM
lol only lvl 6 and he pissed :)), wait until you lvl 80s and you will see !

I doubt if he could spend another 2-3 months to reach that level :D

Kirbnite
10-25-2011, 01:16 PM
oh maybe i should make it clear, most of my defence comes from buildings which all the towers are lvl3, seems like defence buildings are useless right now!

This is the pic of my hood! any tips?

Those defense buildings only apply that defense to robberies. That is not contributed to a rival fight defense.

Dorian Gray
10-25-2011, 02:20 PM
skunk-"You can only use 5 times your level as mafia, so you are only using 30 mafia in each fight.
However, your total mafia defense (and attack) that is displayed is assuming you use all 92 mafia."

???

Can someone verify this is true, because I don't think it is.

When I go up a level and go from let's say 280 mafia used to 285 mafia used, I see a big jump in my total atk/def.
I assume it's because now I am using 5 more guns/melee/armor...

If what skunk is saying is true, I shouldn't see any jump. So what's the deal??

Ok, I just confirmed skunk is wrong. I have more mafia than I can use. So I checked my stats, then 'removed' a mafia member and saw no change to my stats.

Dorian Gray
10-25-2011, 02:43 PM
Those defense buildings only apply that defense to robberies. That is not contributed to a rival fight defense.

OK... So if I am about to fight a rival, what good is comparing my total mafia atk stats to his total mafia defense stats if his/her defense stats include all of their defense building's stats that will have no bearing on the fight results???

Crime City Mark
10-25-2011, 04:53 PM
Okay, I think I can step in and clear some of this up.

Yes, only (your level * 5) mafia contribute in a fight. There is also a hard cap of 500 mafia.
Defense buildings give defense in all cases, not just robs.
You probably lost because of consumed explosives or attack skill.

khung003
10-25-2011, 04:56 PM
hey Mark, long time no see.

I thought the 500 mafias limit should be changed in v2.0, but it's not. When will funzio update the mafia limit and other related quests ?

xclusiv
10-25-2011, 05:53 PM
ive attacked someone that had 14thousand defense and my attack was 7thousand and i won like 10 times in a row, how do you explain that? plus i have only 5 attack skill point

Mb Tnk
10-25-2011, 06:15 PM
[QUOTE=Crime City Mark;51730]....
....QUOTE]

Can this comment be expanded upon please?

From what people are seeing as an agent, or goodfella, during a PvP attack, your defense number in PvP is NOT equal to your Mafia defense score. I'm sure everyone here would love to know more about this, especially if something has changed in 2.0 to add building defense to PvP attacks.

Thank you for your time.

madawgg
10-25-2011, 10:27 PM
skunk's comment is partially wrong...so...dont really worry about it

solitaryknight
10-26-2011, 12:23 AM
well, attack skills seems really make a difference on the fight! thank you mark & xclusiv!

xclusiv
10-26-2011, 12:29 AM
no problem

KronicK
10-26-2011, 02:18 AM
ive attacked someone that had 14thousand defense and my attack was 7thousand and i won like 10 times in a row, how do you explain that? plus i have only 5 attack skill point
i never seen that **** before, you are so lucky, my rivals only 1000 defense and still give me hard time to rob!

khung003
10-26-2011, 04:12 AM
he is class Agent, maybe he could do that before v2.0, but not now anymore.

Castun
10-26-2011, 08:07 AM
From what people are seeing as an agent, or goodfella, during a PvP attack, your defense number in PvP is NOT equal to your Mafia defense score.

I'm fairly certain that if you look at a rival's profile, the mafia defense score includes points from defense buildings (as a total defense score), but in the attack screen it only shows the points for the weapons used. Not sure why, if defense buildings still count towards PVP defense.

Duke.0
10-26-2011, 09:34 AM
Defense buildings count for defense against robberies

Item defense is used in PVP

The number you see in your profile is TOTAL mafia defense (aka both types combined)

(Note: I'm guessing this, i don't have any confirmation other then, when you add a defense buildings, your total mafia defense goes up..)

Max Power
10-26-2011, 10:08 AM
Defense buildings count for defense against robberies

Item defense is used in PVP

The number you see in your profile is TOTAL mafia defense (aka both types combined)

(Note: I'm guessing this, i don't have any confirmation other then, when you add a defense buildings, your total mafia defense goes up..)

Why are you guessing? Mark told you how it works about ten posts up:

"Yes, only (your level * 5) mafia contribute in a fight. There is also a hard cap of 500 mafia.
Defense buildings give defense in all cases, not just robs."

cableman4347
10-26-2011, 12:41 PM
Hi Mark. So are you saying that generally it is pointless adding mafia as you go?I am level 79 and have 938 mafia members, att 11129 and def 13380; also, I have bought tons of one type of weapon and have 2238 number of weapons, 1082 armor items......Am I right in thinking that this makes no difference in fights and building up attack power?? What should we be concentrating, the rules and "how to play" are incredibly vague, and the fact that I lose fights against players significantly lower in stats is very frustrating and hard to understand. Dave

Max Power
10-26-2011, 01:28 PM
The FAQ, even in the game itself, states that the mafia count caps out at 500. It's the first question answered in the "in-game" FAQ.

How is that vague?

Dorian Gray
10-26-2011, 02:15 PM
The FAQ, even in the game itself, states that the mafia count caps out at 500. It's the first question answered in the "in-game" FAQ.

How is that vague?\

C'mon Max, the in game help is about as vague as they come. Yeah, it tells you about the cap at 500, but I don't think it even mentions the BANK and it's importance. Let alone any explanation of how things 'actually' work.

In respect to skill points... "Attack points will improve your chance to win when fighting rivals."

That tells me NOTHING. If you don't find explanations like that 'vague' then I guess we just have a difference of opinion on the definition of 'vague'. :)

The FAQ also still says there's no way to transfer to a new device. Isn't that what the Funzio ID is for??? Yeah, callin' you out! lol

cableman4347
10-26-2011, 02:25 PM
Thanks Dorian, I think the FAQ and rules are as basic as I've ever seen. Still, I've picked up that I need to whittle my mafia down ( I have a lot of low lvls which I thought I would accept out of kindness lol) so that the ratio of mafia members to euipment mentioned is more in line, vehicles included. A very confusing yet addictive game I think.

Mb Tnk
10-26-2011, 03:35 PM
....QUOTE]

It's the above comment by Mark that messes up everything that is showing up during a PvP attack... plus if this is correct it is only correct on the iphone platform and not the other platforms.... hmmm I find that hard to believe....

Dorian Gray
10-26-2011, 03:50 PM
....QUOTE]

It's the above comment by Mark that messes up everything that is showing up during a PvP attack... plus if this is correct it is only correct on the iphone platform and not the other platforms.... hmmm I find that hard to believe....

Yeah, but wouldn't it be worse if the only way you could truly know someone's pvp defense numbers was to attack them first. Isn't it kind of important to know that stat 'before' you attack??

Dorian Gray
10-26-2011, 03:55 PM
If what Mark says 'isn't' true the only way you could know someone's pvp defence numbers is by adding up ALL of their defense buildings' values and then subtracting them from the total mafia defense.

Hell if I'm going to want to do that every time I want to fight someone.

Synergy
10-26-2011, 04:35 PM
Ok I've been bringing this up for a while now. I admit it's very frustrating. My defense is at over 27,000 at level 108. It took some work to get it there. It feels pointless to try to raise it any more when I'm being robbed at 50% accuracy by people with 11,500 and 12,000 attack. I mean that's 15,500 difference between their attack and my defense and they're still successful 50% of the time? That's a bit ridiculous. How high am I supposed to have it to defend against robberies all together???

Mb Tnk
10-26-2011, 04:44 PM
What is your building defense only (it's easier to add that up then all the equipment)? Minus that from your Mafia denfense, and that will be your equipment defense. During a robbing, your equipment defense is reduced by 50%, but your building defense stays at 100%.... ya it's a bit retarded that this information is not available to you in your own stats.....

Synergy
10-26-2011, 05:23 PM
What is your building defense only (it's easier to add that up then all the equipment)? Minus that from your Mafia denfense, and that will be your equipment defense. During a robbing, your equipment defense is reduced by 50%, but your building defense stays at 100%.... ya it's a bit retarded that this information is not available to you in your own stats.....

I don't know where you got that info, but if it's accurate I appreciate it. I've been trying for a while to figure out how it's calculated.

Synergy
10-26-2011, 05:37 PM

Ok I just did the calculation based on the formula you gave me and that means my defense should be 18,068 when being robbed, yet I'm successfully being robbed at 50% accuracy by those with 11,500 and 12,000 attack. That makes me doubt the validity of that because it still doesn't make sense.

Synergy
10-26-2011, 05:41 PM
....QUOTE]

No man he's right about that for sure. If that wasn't true I would be loosing a LOT more fights. I'm at level 108 and have toyed with the defense buildings a lot and they definitely make a big difference in how well you defend against attacks.

Mb Tnk
10-26-2011, 07:19 PM
....That makes me doubt the validity of that because it still doesn't make sense.

Don't trust my word, trust Mark's word, since it makes complete sense alllll the time
:rolleyes:

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?9624-Robberies-are-now-too-difficult.&p=42507&viewfull=1#post42507

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?9624-Robberies-are-now-too-difficult./page2

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?9304-Will-the-real-Attack-value-please-stand-up/page2&highlight=Half

You can search yourself on this forum... enjoy the confusion and misinformation.

khung003
10-26-2011, 07:33 PM
don't trust Mark words, trust your eyes.

If you see with your own eyes that is wrong, but someone keep saying it's right. What would you think ? a word with 4 letters begin with l...

Max Power
10-27-2011, 04:47 AM
\

1. C'mon Max, the in game help is about as vague as they come. Yeah, it tells you about the cap at 500, but I don't think it even mentions the BANK and it's importance. Let alone any explanation of how things 'actually' work.

2. In respect to skill points... "Attack points will improve your chance to win when fighting rivals."

That tells me NOTHING. If you don't find explanations like that 'vague' then I guess we just have a difference of opinion on the definition of 'vague'. :)

3. The FAQ also still says there's no way to transfer to a new device. Isn't that what the Funzio ID is for??? Yeah, callin' you out! lol

1. I was addressing his mafia size question specifically, and in that, the FAQ is quite specific. It says flat out that you can't use more than 500 mafia. Exactly what is vague about that? You're right, we do have a different definition of vague. There is an explanation how the bank works. You can access it by pressing *shock*, the Bank button. Wow, mystery solved!

2. Of course the skill points explanation is vague(which is not what I was talking about, by the way). That tells you nothing because Funzio doesn't want to spell it out for you. They want different users to use different strategies. The air of mystery is by design. If we were all doing the same thing and playing by spreadsheet, it would get pretty boring. Sorry to say, by design, your going to have to figure some things out for yourself.

3. The FAQ was written before version 2.0. They haven't updated it yet.

4. If you feel the need to "call someone out", read more carefully.

Dorian Gray
10-27-2011, 11:54 AM
1. I was addressing his mafia size question specifically, and in that, the FAQ is quite specific. It says flat out that you can't use more than 500 mafia. Exactly what is vague about that? You're right, we do have a different definition of vague. There is an explanation how the bank works. You can access it by pressing *shock*, the Bank button. Wow, mystery solved!

2. Of course the skill points explanation is vague(which is not what I was talking about, by the way). That tells you nothing because Funzio doesn't want to spell it out for you. They want different users to use different strategies. The air of mystery is by design. If we were all doing the same thing and playing by spreadsheet, it would get pretty boring. Sorry to say, by design, your going to have to figure some things out for yourself.

3. The FAQ was written before version 2.0. They haven't updated it yet.

4. If you feel the need to "call someone out", read more carefully.

1. Ok, you got me on the bank thing. It should still be mentioned in the game help, you really don't think that would be 'help'ful? My mom and sister started playing this game before I did and they read the how to play, didn't see the bank mentioned, and assumed it had something to do with spending real money. I know, they should have clicked on the bank button, right. Wrong. Some people actually expect the 'how to play' section to tell you 'how to play'. Crazy, I know.

2. Knowing the details of how the game works is information that is needed to form a strategy. If the game is designed well, then knowing how the game works should not result in everyone using the same strategies. Spending 'one time use' skill points on something just trying to figure out how it works, then realizing you wish you had never spent those points the way you did is frustrating not fun. And I really don't think knowing details so that you don't make mistakes you can't take back makes the game boring. It makes it less frustrating, yes. Or is there a button I push somewhere that tells me I can reallocate my skill points, hell, there might be. It's not like I should expect to find that info in the 'game help', right?

3. Thanks for stating the obvious, that's the whole point. Don't you think if the new version is going to completely change the answer of an existing FAQ, that they should maybe, I don't know, update the FAQ as part of the new update. No, that would make too much sense. lol - Looks like they made the change to the FAQ, good for you Funzio.

4. Meh, don't expect too much out of my reading comprehension, I really don't read that much.

Look... I like the game, it's just the more I get to know the game, the more and more stuff I find that just doesn't add up. That's what I'm talking about when I say I want to know the details of how the game 'actually' works'. Like Mark says defense buildings count as far as defending in a rival fight. Then you can very clearly see in the fight results when attacking that the other players defense building stats are not added to their pvp defense. You really think that kind of 'air of mystery' makes for a more enjoyable gaming experience?? Sorry, I don't think 'spelling that out for me' is going to make the game boring.

cableman4347
10-27-2011, 12:00 PM
Anyone else think that it sucks that, if we're honest, most of the attacks are random regardless of what we do? I go through phases where it seems nobody can beat me or rob me, then, just as suddenly, I get my butt kicked by everyone and his lil ole grandmother! lol

K@le
10-27-2011, 12:13 PM
Anyone else think that it sucks that, if we're honest, most of the attacks are random regardless of what we do? I go through phases where it seems nobody can beat me or rob me, then, just as suddenly, I get my butt kicked by everyone and his lil ole grandmother! lol

hahahaha i think the same about this, sometimes i am unbeatable and the to be robbed and attacked for a $45k lol

Max Power
10-27-2011, 01:36 PM
2. Knowing the details of how the game works is information that is needed to form a strategy. If the game is designed well, then knowing how the game works should not result in everyone using the same strategies. Spending 'one time use' skill points on something just trying to figure out how it works, then realizing you wish you had never spent those points the way you did is frustrating not fun. And I really don't think knowing details so that you don't make mistakes you can't take back makes the game boring. It makes it less frustrating, yes. Or is there a button I push somewhere that tells me I can reallocate my skill points, hell, there might be. It's not like I should expect to find that info in the 'game help', right?

Welp, after probably a lot of work and strategizing on their part, that's the way they designed the game. It is what it is. They do list the forums in their help section, so the diligent people can learn a lot here, what's learn-able anyway.

There are a ton of app games that don't give you much instruction.

One of the things I find interesting is I bet that a huge percentage of people yelling at and complaining to Funzio about a variety of things probably haven't spent one red cent on this game. What about FREE don't they understand.....LOL!

Dorian Gray
10-27-2011, 02:10 PM
Welp, after probably a lot of work and strategizing on their part, that's the way they designed the game. It is what it is. They do list the forums in their help section, so the diligent people can learn a lot here, what's learn-able anyway.

There are a ton of app games that don't give you much instruction.

One of the things I find interesting is I bet that a huge percentage of people yelling at and complaining to Funzio about a variety of things probably haven't spent one red cent on this game. What about FREE don't they understand.....LOL!

Hey, I forked out some cash when the gold was on sale. I bought my right to complain, lol.
Actually I was going to buy one $7.99 stash of gold to buy a second ice cream shop etc. and bought two by mistake. Then I just said "Oh well, I'm sure I'll build something with it." I still have 134 gold bars left because I can't decide what money buildings I want to buy with it yet.

But as far as complaining goes, you're right. No one is forcing me to play or pay to play. It just seems like when you spend a lot of time with a game you want it to be the best it can be. I guess I just need to remind myself that my opinion of what will make the game better isn't always going to be in line with what Funzio or other players think will make the game better. Damn you, difference of opinion.

Mb Tnk
10-27-2011, 02:45 PM
Max did you apply for position of Mod on the forums? :)

Yes, free is free, and most games of this type are Free because of the in-app purchases, and you'll never know who has paid or who hasn't paid when they complain about a "BUG" or about how the game mechanics effect game play and just imagine how pissed you would be posting here if you had paid and something went wrong....

Max Power
10-27-2011, 06:07 PM
Max did you apply for position of Mod on the forums? :)

LOL....no way. I would never qualify.

I just wonder how many people here who are furious at Funzio with absolutely no skin in the game.

Ron burgundy no1
03-06-2014, 10:38 AM
Jeez people talking about having 12k def as good, this was some time ago!

Racr-X
03-06-2014, 01:03 PM
The total A/D displayed is accurate per the allowable mafia per level. It will not display stats showing the use of 92 if 30 is all that is allowed. I can assure you these stats will not change if he dropped 62 allies. This has everything to do with skill points and the unknown variable in the equation. We have all lost at times when the is no way in h311 we should have done so.

CCKallDAY
03-06-2014, 01:40 PM
Jeez people talking about having 12k def as good, this was some time ago!Yes, why did you necro? You have better stats than 12k so you necroed to brag about it? Lol :)

HavingFun
03-06-2014, 09:10 PM
Jeez people talking about having 12k def as good, this was some time ago!
60% of the time it works everytime.

TZora
03-06-2014, 09:17 PM
the best necro i've seen in a long time :D

here we go kicking around a dead horse .. come on, what're you waiting for? join the debate about mafia numbers and attack/def arguments ... go on

ROUND 2 ..................... FIGHT!!!!

HavingFun
03-06-2014, 09:46 PM
Henchmen are stronger than mafia. Buy more henchmen and delete all your mafia allies and you will never lose again.

1Shot
03-06-2014, 10:40 PM
They're skill points and maybe all his points is on attack or defense lol.

alex6789
03-06-2014, 11:07 PM
the best necro i've seen in a long time :D
I Agree! Ding Ding Ding!!!! :D