PDA

View Full Version : New gold prices for android users

DjSyla
07-12-2015, 10:53 AM
Well, for all who have not noticed yet.... within the last day or so, gold prices for android users in Europe and the UK have risen by 25%. A vault now costs me (uk) $124.12.. however, usa android users is still the same.....

sister morphine
07-12-2015, 11:07 AM
That's a big ol' hit! My iOS still shows £79.99 for a vault. :p (on doing the conversion I see it's the same for you)

I'm guessing it's partly because Google, like Amazon and others employed chicanery to avoid paying due taxes in the EU (by funnelling everything through Luxembourg basically). They got caught out and now customers are having to pay the price. Welcome to the honesty in corporate accounting club!

cooch
07-12-2015, 11:28 AM
That's a big ol' hit! My iOS still shows £79.99 for a vault. :p (on doing the conversion I see it's the same for you)

I'm guessing it's partly because Google, like Amazon and others employed chicanery to avoid paying due taxes in the EU (by funnelling everything through Luxembourg basically). They got caught out and now customers are having to pay the price. Welcome to the honesty in corporate accounting club!

Not quite sis for a couple of reasons

1. EU plugged Luxembourg tax haven

2. iOS sets a firm exchange rate for at least one year and apple takes risk or gain. Before last price increase they were taking losses. Expect another increase next year if euro continues slide

3. Droid let's developer set prices and adds currency fx later. Looks like google decided it no longer wanted the losses so bingo!

Brendan
07-12-2015, 11:58 AM
Well, for all who have not noticed yet.... within the last day or so, gold prices for android users in Europe and the UK have risen by 25%. A vault now costs me (uk) $124.12.. however, usa android users is still the same.....

Yeah, the last special bundle cost about £2 something for the lowest tier, now it's £3.49. The exchange rate is 1.55 pounds to the dollar but Gree prices don't reflect this at all. It's about 10% more expensive for UK Android players now compared to Americans. Can Gree mods please explain this discrepancy?

DjSyla
07-12-2015, 12:18 PM
yep. I just checked the $79.99 bundle offer and im paying $93.50 for it... its advertised at $79.99 so it should be that price nomatter what country.. absolute joke!

DjSyla
07-12-2015, 12:22 PM
Oh, and Europe is getting it cheaper than than we are in the uk

cooch
07-12-2015, 12:31 PM
Yeah, the last special bundle cost about £2 something for the lowest tier, now it's £3.49. The exchange rate is 1.55 pounds to the dollar but Gree prices don't reflect this at all. It's about 10% more expensive for UK Android players now compared to Americans. Can Gree mods please explain this discrepancy?

Out of gree hands. In control of google and apple.

sister morphine
07-12-2015, 12:54 PM
If you've ever exchanged currencies, or bought something from another country you should know you'll never ever get it at the official rate. The banks charge for changing one (effectively electronic amount) into another. It gets passed to the customer.

-Batman-
07-12-2015, 01:25 PM
take it there is no difference between ios and droid
ios went up a while back

Brendan
07-12-2015, 01:30 PM
Oh, and Europe is getting it cheaper than than we are in the uk

We should be cheaper than Europe as the Euro has fallen in value.

Brendan
07-12-2015, 01:35 PM
If you've ever exchanged currencies, or bought something from another country you should know you'll never ever get it at the official rate. The banks charge for changing one (effectively electronic amount) into another. It gets passed to the customer.

Should have minimal effect here as it's nothing to do with the bank rate and doesn't explain the massive price increase in the the past couple of weeks.

Jeronimo
07-12-2015, 01:44 PM
You've always had underpriced vaults compared to people playing on iOs. For us it costs €99,99 for a vault and it has always been like that...

Brendan
07-12-2015, 02:24 PM
You've always had underpriced vaults compared to people playing on iOs. For us it costs €99,99 for a vault and it has always been like that...

Blame the Greeks.....

Winnson
07-12-2015, 02:25 PM
Evan laughs at this thread.

cooch
07-12-2015, 03:36 PM
Blame the Greeks.....

Well maybe except iTunes shut Greeks out weeks ago maybe google didn't

Jeronimo
07-12-2015, 05:10 PM
Blame the Greeks.....

Yeah fookin greeks m8

DjSyla
07-13-2015, 07:51 AM
its GREE that set the in game prices on your gold menu... not itunes and google. Once u press buy, then you are taken to the itunes/google purchase confirmation. When itunes raised their prices before they announced it well ahead of doing so. such thing has not come from google

DjSyla
07-13-2015, 07:58 AM
When the Treasury was first made available on android, there was a 40% sale on for battle.. the treasury was listed at ₤79 in game, when i clicked it and the google confirmation page came up it said ₤95.. so, i contacted google saying the game was offering 40% off, and why google showed 20% off only. They said i had to contact developer as its GREE who set the price. When i contacted gree about it. They said it was an error... then the treasury was removed again a day later.. until it was reinstated. So that being said.. Google confirmed that GREE sets their in game prices