PDA

View Full Version : [UPDATE] Android 1.19.2 (7/9/15) and iOS 1.19.2 iOS (7/16/15)

Relic
07-09-2015, 01:13 PM
Knights,

Our latest Android update has gone live with only a couple of changes. We have discontinued support for Android 4.0 and below, and the Energy refill issue has been fixed.

We recommend that any players on older devices that aren't supported any longer bind their current accounts to your email; this will enable you to recover your account when you upgrade your device.

An iOS update will be coming in about a week or so. We'll be sure to let you know when it's live.

Thank you for your dedication to Knights & Dragons!

Relic
07-16-2015, 10:58 AM
The 1.19.2 update has now gone live for iOS! Here's what the update includes:

- New and Improved Chest screens
- Fixed energy display issue incorrectly showing players that they have less energy than they should
- Fixed XP bar overlapping icons during combat
- Stability & performance improvements (this was implemented in the Android update as well)

HRDerbySean
07-16-2015, 01:38 PM
Great update - just wiped out my Epic Boss progress, thanks for nothing.

Arya93
07-17-2015, 05:19 PM
The latest IOS update made it impossible to play the game as a first generation iPad user!

Gabzor89
07-17-2015, 05:58 PM
Yup, am in the same boat as Arya93. The first generation iPad runs up to iOS 5.1.1, but the new update requires iOS 6.0 to install. Does that mean all the first gen iPad users can no longer play, or is there a work-around?

Relic
07-17-2015, 06:05 PM
Great update - just wiped out my Epic Boss progress, thanks for nothing.

The Epic Boss reset is an issue that the team is working on a fix for currently, it isn't tied to the update.

Sorry for the confusion and frustration.

The latest IOS update made it impossible to play the game as a first generation iPad user!

Sorry to hear it. The information I received on the update didn't mention a discontinuation of older data sets. You should consider contacting Support about this with as much detail as possible so they can investigate. You can open a ticket with them online here: https://games.gree-support.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

Marco_
07-18-2015, 09:27 AM
Sorry to hear it. The information I received on the update didn't mention a discontinuation of older data sets.
Well, you scrapped support for Android below version 4 in this update, didn't you, so also scrapping legacy support on iOS would make sense then...

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/knights-dragons-epic-action/id539793374?mt=8
"Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5."

Arya93
07-20-2015, 05:56 AM
I have opened a ticket with gree support about 3 days ago about this issue and feel like they are not going to reply as my last ticket I opened was never answered

Mslo
07-20-2015, 07:25 AM
Relic, just wondering if Gree has any plans on fixing this EB my Dark Ripper reset last evening - so the problem continues. Of course I was crafting the Twilight Ripperguard Plus and it and the regular version as well as all the milestone jewelry etc were removed from my account and my EB reset to lvl 1. Strange how the error continues to hit and the EB has been standing for almost a week. I'm still listed on the damage leaderboard with my damage done before my boss was stolen but I'm back at level 1with no rewards. I of course sent in ticket # 2552779 -- of course it hasn't been 24 hours yet. I definitely do not want a scorp+ compensation which some have received -- I just want back what I had in my armory and crafting - and I want my reward banner for event to say earned not GO

Ant venom
07-20-2015, 07:50 AM
I have opened a ticket with gree support about 3 days ago about this issue and feel like they are not going to reply as my last ticket I opened was never answered

If you expect your ticket to be answered by "GREE's Support Team" you might as well just give up on it, it is prolly one of the most unreliable Support Team to ever exist. In fact giving up will actually save you a lot of time.

Mslo
07-20-2015, 03:03 PM
well it's not as bad as it could be I hope-- i started again at level 1 and bought energy - as not one to give up and when I hit 15 - and went to craft -- :)) it said plus I guess the armor smith knew I had already gotten to 43 :)) -- so it was not really like starting over again - since I didn't have to get to 15 then craft and enhance to 35 and hit to 43 and craft etc -- so hopefully it will work out (. Of course I did lose the ripper reg and ripper plus I first crafted along with jewelry but wth I didn't roll over and die because of the loss I of course will scream if it evaporates again ) i did not give up 15 is easy -if you had already hit 43 and crafting when it was sucked up

roookey1
07-21-2015, 01:54 AM
I have acceptable experiences with the customer support. Answering takes them anything between 1 and 4 weeks (which shows the income of the company must be very small since they obviously can't afford more personel :rolleyes:), but they DO answer in my experience. I needed them 2 or 3 times since I started playing and all of my inquiries have been answered / problems fixed.

Caladin
07-21-2015, 07:30 AM
I have 6 accts. 5 now thanks to update. I would not mind but it's my 1st acct from the very 1st week of game play. Not my best acct but invested money into it. Gives you a good perspective of why not to spend money on this game. My question to those in charge: "is the plan to dump 1st gen iPad users, and if so what's next iPod touch then ipad2s?

Mslo
07-21-2015, 08:54 AM
Not a word from gree yet on the epic boss ripper reset? It's been a week

Arya93
07-21-2015, 11:30 PM
I only had the one account, but I started playing pretty much at the start of when the game started too

Caladin
07-23-2015, 05:58 AM
No answers to my question or ticket yet. Is gree dumping 1st gen iPads?

Ant venom
07-23-2015, 06:26 AM
No answers to my question or ticket yet. Is gree dumping 1st gen iPads?

You actually won't get an answer anytime soon by any Community Managers because they're all fired and the only person paid by GREE that still out there is the "Moderator" 1Shot who is getting paid 240 gold in Crime City for "moderating" and doing his "job". Btw Moderators don't get info from GREE, so you might as well just give up.

Caladin
07-23-2015, 08:00 AM
Did they get fired or did they quit? I understand if it's the latter, horrible communication from gree to moderators.

Ant venom
07-23-2015, 08:26 AM
Did they get fired or did they quit? I understand if it's the latter, horrible communication from gree to moderators.

Actually they got laid off not fired, sorry for the misuse of the terms. They got laid off because GREE is losing profit, in fact they have already laid off 30% of their Western subsidiary, GREE International. 2/3 of their San Francisco office has been hit with lay offs, that's prolly why they are closing that office. They have already said that Donna Nicholson a Community Manager has been laid of who I believe is actually Relic since she joined January 2015 and she got laid off July 2015, go check her LinkedIn profile and you'll see here: https://www.linkedin.com/in/donnaenicholson

Caladin
07-23-2015, 01:07 PM
Ok it seems that something's not making a profit with gree. Is KnD making them a profit? Or is it other programs that are the black hole they keep feeding? Maybe just mismanagement of accounts? I don't plan on quitting the game, just curious about its future.

Marco_
07-23-2015, 05:20 PM
Ok it seems that something's not making a profit with gree. Is KnD making them a profit? Or is it other programs that are the black hole they keep feeding? Maybe just mismanagement of accounts? I don't plan on quitting the game, just curious about its future.
Well clicking through from the article linked in one of these topics about GREE laying off 30% of its western world workforce, it seems companies like GREE have gotten the crazy idea into their head that if a game doesn't make enough profit to be able to extravagantly spend on marketing such as TV ads, it's a failure. If a whole bunch of companies are of the opinion that they need to have a "top 10" title, that's not going to fit...

roookey1
07-24-2015, 12:14 PM
This is one sick aspect of today's economy. Companies or whole economies not increasing revenue/GDP by 2%+ per year are considered as unsuccessful or even 'failures'. TV series not finding at least 50m regular viewers are cancelled and disposed off, even with cliffhangers - who cares about making the existing viewers happy? Games not generating an insane amount of money right away instead of creating a large and consistent customer base are terminated. It's truly a sick and destructive time we live in.

Caladin
07-26-2015, 02:16 PM
Well I received my reply from gree. There goes the 1st gen iPads. He also said iPad 2s will have more lag issues as well as older iPod touches. Now I need another device bummer.

Mos20
09-02-2015, 02:24 AM
Anybody have any news on the latest update? Update mentions new European realm with new local events, country-level guilds, etc. Would be nice to know what this all means. 😳

Ant venom
09-02-2015, 06:43 AM
Anybody have any news on the latest update? Update mentions new European realm with new local events, country-level guilds, etc. Would be nice to know what this all means. ��

Same here, it made no sense whatsoever when they described it.

Silent follower
09-02-2015, 08:48 AM
Anybody have any news on the latest update? Update mentions new European realm with new local events, country-level guilds, etc. Would be nice to know what this all means. ��

A guildmate posted a better explanation the beta community on Android had got, and the new European realm will only affect new players joining from Europe after this release was put available in AppStore/Google Play store. According to the note it does not affect any current players in any way. The country-level guild restrictions is not country as such but languages, you can restrict players from joining a guild if they don't have KnD in a specific language if I understand the note correctly.

Ant venom
09-02-2015, 09:09 AM
A guildmate posted a better explanation the beta community on Android had got, and the new European realm will only affect new players joining from Europe after this release was put available in AppStore/Google Play store. According to the note it does not affect any current players in any way. The country-level guild restrictions is not country as such but languages, you can restrict players from joining a guild if they don't have KnD in a specific language if I understand the note correctly.

I had predicted the European Realms thing one or two months ago already.