PDA

View Full Version : Back.. to back.. to back

Evan1000
07-09-2015, 12:20 PM
9 in a row! But we didn't hit 10. At least we didn't and hopefully never will have 10 battle weekends in a row.

6.05-6.08: Riptide Rampage (SA)
6.19- 6.23: Shoreline Shootout (4-day battle)
6.26-6.30: "Special" Street Assault
7.03-7.05: Star Spangled Slammer (1-day battle)
7.09-7.13: Bourgeois Blowout (SA)
7.17-7.20: 5th Avenue Francis (3-day battle)
7.24-7.27: Terminal Velocity (SA)
7.31-8.03: Free Fall Brawl (4-day battle)
8.07-8.11: Hangar Hustle (SA)

I for one would like a break, as I'm sure everyone else would as well. This "game" is reallyyy starting to feel like a chore instead of a phone app.

TheWarthog
07-09-2015, 12:22 PM
For this reason, I'm pretty close to being done. The only reason that I haven't stopped is because, in the event I choose to come back, the designers are accellerating stat inflation to a rate that if I'm gone for one month, I may as well stay gone forever.

Dipstik
07-09-2015, 12:24 PM
If you can't keep up, feel free to fall behind. Why shouldn't the DEDICATED players be able to gain an advantage over you?

Evan1000
07-09-2015, 12:28 PM
The dedicated players are the ones being pushed away

Vile Lynn
07-09-2015, 12:29 PM
7.09-7.13: Bourgeois Blowout (SA)

SA today? Ugh, I was hoping for another LTQ.

Evan1000
07-09-2015, 12:32 PM
SA today? Ugh, I was hoping for another LTQ.

Mhm, the clock says tomorrow but I got a cc notification saying it starts today.

Not proven though. It could be a battle. Maybe they're going for 3 battles in one cycle now. They already had 3 SA's in one :confused:

Rickdee
07-09-2015, 12:32 PM

Exactly......

Vile Lynn
07-09-2015, 12:34 PM

I must not be dedicated enough.

Dipstik
07-09-2015, 12:37 PM

They can take a weekend off any time they like. The rest of us will enjoy a chance to catch up a bit. No one's forcing you to tap.

Vile Lynn
07-09-2015, 12:38 PM
Mhm, the clock says tomorrow but I got a cc notification saying it starts today.

Not proven though. It could be a battle. Maybe they're going for 3 battles in one cycle now. They already had 3 SA's in one :confused:

I think the war clock was not reset when GREE overhauled the Master Plan.

Master Plan says something starts today. I guess we'll find out @3PM PDT.

Blaggard
07-09-2015, 01:02 PM
Weren't people moaning a few days ago when there WASN'T an event on? Now people are moaning when there is one scheduled?

TheWarthog
07-09-2015, 01:04 PM
If you can't keep up, feel free to fall behind. Why shouldn't the DEDICATED players be able to gain an advantage over you? and
No one's forcing you to tap.

Agreed, but the designers are requiring an ever increasing level of dedication, and no matter how much people complain that enough is enough, it's "full steam ahead". As far as level of dedication goes, they're targeting one. Had a buddy in a top 3 who spent a thousand a month on this game (yes, he was a single man). His reasoning? The less gold he used the more time he had to spend in game to be competitive.

So, it would seem that Gree's "dedicated" target market isn't the ones who play the game consistantly, but rather the people who log in, spend $300 at a time tapping like mad, then putting their device down for a few days.

Yes, yes, yes. I know your answer Dippy. "Pay the man."

Dipstik
07-09-2015, 01:13 PM
This game is a competition to waste the most time and/or money. If someone wants to spend more of those resources on the game, they will get ahead of you. This complaint is arguing that Gree should essentially prevent people from spending time and/or money when they want to. This is nonsense. I like playing the game, and if I have other things going on or if I start to get bored of it, I back off. For example, I've had a hell of a week so I didn't open many boxes, and I pretty much gave up on the boss event. You won't see me on here complaining that there's a boss event scheduled.

To be honest, as long as there are a significant number of people completing every event, there's a pretty good argument that there should be MORE events with HARDER goals in order to give the people who REALLY want to waste their money a chance to do so and distance themselves from the pack.

1Shot
07-09-2015, 01:17 PM
I was thinking it was a war, so very relieved it just an sa, lol.

Gingeasian
07-09-2015, 01:24 PM
Lol little late to catch on huh? Players have been asking for a "break" for years now. Just gotta roll with it or just take an event or two off, not like a couple hundred mil will hurt that much these days

Evan1000
07-09-2015, 01:26 PM
Well of course, no one is obligated to do anything. You don't have to participate in any event or spend your time and or money at all in this game.

What do we all play for anyway? I play for my syndicate. I play for the chat and the friends I have made. People don't want to leave their syndicates, especially if you've been with them a while. But of course, being in a syndicate comes with requirements, and if you want to stay, you HAVE to meet these requirements. This is what GREE takes advantage of, and that's what I don't like.

Dipstik
07-09-2015, 01:29 PM
Well of course, no one is obligated to do anything. You don't have to participate in any event or spend your time and or money at all in this game.

What do we all play for anyway? I play for my syndicate. I play for the chat and the friends I have made. People don't want to leave their syndicates, especially if you've been with them a while. But of course, being in a syndicate comes with requirements, and if you want to stay, you HAVE to meet these requirements. This is what GREE takes advantage of, and that's what I don't like.

Yep... You're a sucker, and you're hooked. We got that. You're in a relay-race, and you're asking the officials to call a time-out so you can catch your breath and not disappoint your teammates :)

bevsxrs
07-09-2015, 01:32 PM
Yep... You're a sucker, and you're hooked. We got that. You're in a relay-race, and you're asking the officials to call a time-out so you can catch your breath and not disappoint your teammates :)

Yep, describes me as well. lol

TheWarthog
07-09-2015, 01:50 PM
This game is a competition to waste the most time and/or money. If someone wants to spend more of those resources on the game, they will get ahead of you. This complaint is arguing that Gree should essentially prevent people from spending time and/or money when they want to. This is nonsense. I like playing the game, and if I have other things going on or if I start to get bored of it, I back off. For example, I've had a hell of a week so I didn't open many boxes, and I pretty much gave up on the boss event. You won't see me on here complaining that there's a boss event scheduled.

To be honest, as long as there are a significant number of people completing every event, there's a pretty good argument that there should be MORE events with HARDER goals in order to give the people who REALLY want to waste their money a chance to do so and distance themselves from the pack.

Can't disagree. But they should back off...you know...'cuz I said so.

Max Power
07-09-2015, 02:11 PM
Once again, I agree with Dippy on this. How many threads have we seen here complaining about events frequency, the timing of them, the expense of them, the color of the sky, the fullness of the moon, etc.

For F... Sakes, just set your damn phone down for 5 minutes of your life and quit living like a robot addicted to an LED screen and a bunch of fake virtual friends. Maybe even get a girlfriend or something.

Winnson
07-09-2015, 02:51 PM
Just assume everything is going on all the time always, forever from now on.

That's the safe bet.

How exciting

TxTireMan
07-09-2015, 05:13 PM
I was thinking it was a war, so very relieved it just an sa, lol.

so very relieved it *is just *a sa

TheJess
07-10-2015, 12:43 AM

This is correct. Nevermind the shill arguing for greater event frequency.

Dipstik
07-10-2015, 08:28 AM
This is correct. Nevermind the shill arguing for greater event frequency.

Ad hominem is not a legitimate argument, Jess.

Winnson
07-10-2015, 09:24 AM
Oh boy debating club!

ghetto69143
07-12-2015, 06:15 AM
Oh boy debating club!

Yes. I find this very interesting. Please continue;)

Brendan
07-12-2015, 10:28 AM
I find the Street Assault boring as well as time consuming. That's why my syndicate aren't participating at all in it. Unless you are with one of the bigger teams, your stats won't go up that much anyway. Complete waste of time.

sister morphine
07-12-2015, 10:55 AM
I find the Street Assault boring as well as time consuming. That's why my syndicate aren't participating at all in it. Unless you are with one of the bigger teams, your stats won't go up that much anyway. Complete waste of time.
Except for war, stats are irrelevant nowadays and have been since the change to rivals list made it impossible to be king/queen of your own little hill.

Your logic could be fairly applied to all events in truth. Really meaningful prizes are now available only to the biggest spenders. I'm sure they're happy (especially any who might cry if a player got something cheap or free when they've shelled out silly money for it), but it does rather dis-incentivise the rest; who are the vast majority it might be said.

Brendan
07-12-2015, 11:48 AM
Except for war, stats are irrelevant nowadays and have been since the change to rivals list made it impossible to be king/queen of your own little hill.

Your logic could be fairly applied to all events in truth. Really meaningful prizes are now available only to the biggest spenders. I'm sure they're happy (especially any who might cry if a player got something cheap or free when they've shelled out silly money for it), but it does rather dis-incentivise the rest; who are the vast majority it might be said.

Yeah, you're right, stats are pretty meaningless outside war. I just do the cash events now. Let the the big spenders have the enormous stats so that they rob each other for virtual money they don't even need anymore.

Winnson
07-12-2015, 02:18 PM
Oh boy a million dollar weapon with stats!

And if I miss it, I only have a chance at 15 more in the next two days!

Yeah, stat items have lost meaning pretty quick with this new meta.

Anyone got a Trillion ATT yet?

Winnson
07-12-2015, 02:21 PM
The neverending box event! Open and click every hour!

Brendan
07-12-2015, 02:28 PM
The neverending box event! Open and click every hour!

This crate event has been useless for prizes and the drop rate if you're using cash is poor. And we all know how the drop rate gets even crappier the longer these things go on.....

gunny22
07-13-2015, 04:49 AM

SA is one of the events that are not time consuming. You can use all your deploys in 1 shot per 24 hours. Takes 5 minutes to tap. My current syn does 1 battle every 6 hours. That is far less time consuming than EB or war weekends.

Jeronimo
07-13-2015, 07:03 AM
SA is one of the events that are not time consuming. You can use all your deploys in 1 shot per 24 hours. Takes 5 minutes to tap. My current syn does 1 battle every 6 hours. That is far less time consuming than EB or war weekends.

I know right, and the prizes are also one of the best to get overall in all events.

sister morphine
07-13-2015, 07:33 AM
This crate event has been useless for prizes and the drop rate if you're using cash is poor. And we all know how the drop rate gets even crappier the longer these things go on.....
It's a leaderboard event, this one I think? Yeah, successful openings are always much less frequent than in collect 10s if you're using cash. Add in that I'd need to get 15 items to have a single prize which meant a point on the (meaningless) stats, and it's time out, lol.

Idiosyncrasy
07-13-2015, 10:51 AM
I once saw CJ (remember him?) post that they were surprised by how long players stuck around. He said the game was designed with a much shorter player lifespan in mind. This is why they continue to have so many events that require gold to remain competitive. They expect people to burn out, so might as well get as much as they can out of them. Only people don't burn out as often as they had expected. Players complain, but they vote with their wallets.

Shareholders expect growth. I'm surprised some of these games have lasted as long as they have. I take the events you guys post about (I'm no longer a player) as a sign of nearing the breaking point. The devs have to meet the numbers that the board has promised to the street, and it's not a sustainable model.

Enjoy the game while it's here, nothing wrong with that. Just don't become so vested that a significant emotional event occurs when it finally shuts down.

lordsagacity
07-13-2015, 08:51 PM
For this reason, I'm pretty close to being done. The only reason that I haven't stopped is because, in the event I choose to come back, the designers are accellerating stat inflation to a rate that if I'm gone for one month, I may as well stay gone forever.

Why can't you stay gone forever?

Foty
07-14-2015, 12:44 PM
and

Agreed, but the designers are requiring an ever increasing level of dedication, and no matter how much people complain that enough is enough, it's "full steam ahead". As far as level of dedication goes, they're targeting one. Had a buddy in a top 3 who spent a thousand a month on this game (yes, he was a single man). His reasoning? The less gold he used the more time he had to spend in game to be competitive.

So, it would seem that Gree's "dedicated" target market isn't the ones who play the game consistantly, but rather the people who log in, spend $300 at a time tapping like mad, then putting their device down for a few days.

Yes, yes, yes. I know your answer Dippy. "Pay the man."

I agree 100% This game used to be fun until GREE took over and changed everything. Impossible rb events and health , eb you need gold to get 3/4 of the way thru, outrageous Indy goals. And yes I do understand that they have to make money, but they make more than enuf with the bonus gold program. What about those of us that have lives and families and bills. Those that can't afford to buy 2-3 vaults a day to line GREE pockets.

Winnson
07-15-2015, 09:13 AM
Maybe this is overly critical, but it seems like Gree has made nothing matter anymore.

- You can buy your IPH with gold right away, so taking forever to build up your IPH no longer means anything.

- No matter what the weapon stats are now, they will be obsolete by the end of next week.

- EB takes at least a week now, same with RB. They just go on so long no one cares.

Gree, you've sucked the life out of your game in the pursuit of gold by dumping every event on top of each other and blowing up stats crazily.

Now, no one needs to spend gold because you dump every event on top of each other and blow up stats crazily.

Why spend money to get some nice looking item today when by the end of next week you'll have at least 50 more better items if you just play from time to time?

You went a little too hard in the paint for any of it to matter anymore. When we're up for several new items each and every day because of so much going on, only silly people are going to pay to score one of those items.

Get it?

sHiKoRa
07-16-2015, 12:27 AM
Couldn't agree more Winnson!

Portnoy
07-16-2015, 01:30 AM
True that Winnson....^^^^

Evan1000
07-24-2015, 11:50 AM
We're on 7!!!

If we get to 10 I give up

Brendan
07-24-2015, 12:02 PM
We're on 7!!!

If we get to 10 I give up

I already have on the street assault. Not going to do a thing on it. Enough is enough!

Evan1000
07-30-2015, 05:47 PM
We're on 8!!

Seriously I'm scared we're going to hit 10

<3 Hz
07-31-2015, 11:27 AM
We're on 8!!

Seriously I'm scared we're going to hit 10

And it won't stop there! This has now become a pre Civil War Mississippi plantation with us players being the dark skinned people and GREE being the master with the whips.

Dipstik
07-31-2015, 12:15 PM
And it won't stop there! This has now become a pre Civil War Mississippi plantation with us players being the dark skinned people and GREE being the master with the whips.

Mmm kay...

bevsxrs
07-31-2015, 01:26 PM

Wth? Going where with this?

Dipstik
07-31-2015, 01:38 PM
I think his point is that slavery wasn't that bad. Really not much worse than playing a game on your ipad, you know?

Max Power
07-31-2015, 01:49 PM
Good grief.

Anyway, the game may be on 8, but I am on 0. It's not hard really. If a game is so bad you feel the need to complain about playing it, I think it is time to revisit what games are for in the first place.

bevsxrs
07-31-2015, 01:49 PM
That is what I thought as well. lol

Evan1000
07-31-2015, 09:06 PM
Good grief.

Anyway, the game may be on 8, but I am on 0. It's not hard really. If a game is so bad you feel the need to complain about playing it, I think it is time to revisit what games are for in the first place.

The game is fun, the decisions the company makes that runs it isn't.

If you enjoyed doing something, whether it's a phone game or going to your favorite restaurant, where you enjoy the food and you know all the people who eat there and are friends with the employees, would you stop going there the second the manager does something you don't like? Like changes the prices.. or runs 8 battle weekends in a row?

The food is still the same, you still enjoy it, the people you know are still there, but the manager keeps messing things up. You can always file a complaint, or just give up on it completely and leave and never come back.

All I'm doing is filing a complaint, whether others agree with it or not.

Evan1000
08-05-2015, 02:48 PM
9 in a row. At least we didn't hit 10 though right?

... I'm jinxing it aren't I

Dipstik
08-05-2015, 03:13 PM
No, filing a complaint would be a private call to a manager or dropping a note in a suggestion box. You're engaging in a discussion with a public form, obviously trying to convince other people to rally around you. I happen to disagree with just about every one of your frivolous complaints, and I think the game would actually be WORSE if they started listening to you on a regular basis. Don't get me wrong... you hit on some low hanging fruit every now and then, but as a general rule you want everything to be easier to finish with higher stat prizes. As long as you continue to voice your complaints, I'm going to continue to respond to them when I disagree. Even when I happen to agree with your position, I'm probably not going to agree with your tactics or your suggested fixes to whatever problem exists. You just don't think things through very well, evan.

Max Power
08-06-2015, 04:26 AM
No, filing a complaint would be a private call to a manager or dropping a note in a suggestion box. You're engaging in a discussion with a public form, obviously trying to convince other people to rally around you. I happen to disagree with just about every one of your frivolous complaints, and I think the game would actually be WORSE if they started listening to you on a regular basis. Don't get me wrong... you hit on some low hanging fruit every now and then, but as a general rule you want everything to be easier to finish with higher stat prizes. As long as you continue to voice your complaints, I'm going to continue to respond to them when I disagree. Even when I happen to agree with your position, I'm probably not going to agree with your tactics or your suggested fixes to whatever problem exists. You just don't think things through very well, evan.

This times 1000.

Honestly, complaining about a high level of activity on a phone game where you log in hourly is ridiculous, regardless of what kind of silly wordy analogies you come up with to justify it. If only it were an isolated incident.