PDA

View Full Version : Taking the pulse of MW

Danger Mouse
07-08-2015, 09:53 PM
Sensor Tower App data in May for MW - Revenue $710K, App visibility score - 24K, App net worth - $24M
Sensor Tower App data in June for MW - Revenue $650K, App visibility score - 15K, App net worth - $20M

The latest WD weekend is their lowest ever ranking WD weekend on the top grossing apps scale.

Draw your own conclusions.

groovy shags
07-09-2015, 05:28 AM
I am still amazed GREE makes that much from this game!

Only a couple players in my faction buy any gold, and we have steadily moved up from 300, to inside the top 125 in just a few months. We sure are not doing anything different. In fact, doing less is more like it. And still moving up. I think we can crack the top 100 before the ships sinks completely!

Helios Von Elisar
07-09-2015, 05:31 AM
That doesn't look good, a 10% drop in a month.
Is that just MW or all Gree games?
Can you get their operating costs?

Agent Orange
07-09-2015, 06:33 AM
Sadly feels about right based on what I am seeing online. They have pretty much abandoned new players with the jacked up event requirements so new players who do not have information from others are screwed. Even with prior knowledge the game has become so tedious that I now only look at my main player once a day at most and have abandoned the other 40. I stopped rebuilding months ago, and could care less about about IPH.

The game lacks focus and direction, surely gree can afford to give these guys a whiteboard where the devs can map out the overall direction and plan so that the game works as a whole. In other words make the buildings such as unit and defence relevent.

If this points back to the project manager fire them! If it goes higher fire that person and if it goes as far as tanaka, then all is lost and this game along with the entire company will go down the toilet.

Bndawgs
07-09-2015, 08:48 AM
The developers are completely useless at this point and are probably on auto pilot till the ship sinks.

tigerlion
07-09-2015, 05:24 PM
The developers are completely useless at this point and are probably on auto pilot till the ship sinks.

Agreed. You sum it up correctly.

DEWIN NUTTIN
07-10-2015, 02:28 AM
Sadly feels about right based on what I am seeing online. They have pretty much abandoned new players with the jacked up event requirements so new players who do not have information from others are screwed. Even with prior knowledge the game has become so tedious that I now only look at my main player once a day at most and have abandoned the other 40. I stopped rebuilding months ago, and could care less about about IPH.

The game lacks focus and direction, surely gree can afford to give these guys a whiteboard where the devs can map out the overall direction and plan so that the game works as a whole. In other words make the buildings such as unit and defence relevent.

If this points back to the project manager fire them! If it goes higher fire that person and if it goes as far as tanaka, then all is lost and this game along with the entire company will go down the toilet.

Finally, I see that glimmer, that slight orange glimmer.
Some might see it as FIRE.
I see it as HOPE.
That day, that glorious day is coming.
INSERT APPLICABLE DEITY HERE------> __________ be praised....
INSERT APPLICABLE DEITY HERE------> __________, be thanked.....
INSERT APPLICABLE DEITY HERE------> __________ is truly merciful and beneficent.

HGF69
07-10-2015, 03:52 AM
Sad because all they need to do is tell the top brass to read the forum and instruct the devs to fix what we ask for but thats never happened in the games history and is unlikely to ever happen.

DEWIN NUTTIN
07-10-2015, 04:02 AM
I don't blame anyone.
If THE GREE can entice a few to "spend" and many more to "tap" using the existing product, why on earth would THE GREE bother to improve, innovate, or even maintain the existing shell of a THINGY?

No, THE GREE is prescient to milk the existing THINGY for all it provides.
If the "spenders" and "tappers" continue to DEW what they've done for years, THE GREE should continue to provide the minimum to reap the maximum reward for themselves and their shareholders.

groovy shags
07-10-2015, 04:25 AM
They should raise the prices for items. Only 25 gold for a health refill is quite low. It should be valued at 100 gold. Also, 100 gold for 25 frontline deploys. 50 gold to reset a timer, and 50 to open a case. I think if they implemented these 4 price increases, the game could last at least another year!

DEWIN NUTTIN
07-10-2015, 04:29 AM
They should raise the prices for items. Only 25 gold for a health refill is quite low. It should be valued at 100 gold. Also, 100 gold for 25 frontline deploys. 50 gold to reset a timer, and 50 to open a case. I think if they implemented these 4 price increases, the game could last at least another year!

Yes, you DEW get it.
THE GREE should charge 100, no wait 500 gold to log on to your account.
If you haven't logged on for FOUR hours, the logon FEE goes to 1,000 gold, IN ADVANCE.
If you've been lazy, careless and failed to login in for eight hours, the fee and penalty cost one vault, 1,500 gold.
THE GREE, get them, get paid, make them prove their love.

groovy shags
07-10-2015, 04:39 AM
Nah...they should just charge a vault for the high quality updates they put out every month.

DEWIN NUTTIN
07-10-2015, 04:44 AM
Nah...they should just charge a vault for the high quality updates they put out every month.

I'm not in THE GREE's league, but if a faction wants to DEW battle in WD, tax each member 300 gold.

For FL, tax 'em 250 gold, EACH for every battle.

Its time tappers put their money where their fingers go.
It's time for everyone to pay for this great game.

Flash0810
07-10-2015, 05:29 AM
If they would resolve some of the game issues, lower the requirements of events and lower the gold costs overall then there may be a glimmer of hope for some new blood. Personally at this point I don't see putting money into this game due to the stage it is at currently.

Danger Mouse
07-10-2015, 05:29 AM
I'm not in THE GREE's league, but if a faction wants to DEW battle in WD, tax each member 300 gold.

For FL, tax 'em 250 gold, EACH for every battle.

Its time tappers put their money where their fingers go.
It's time for everyone to pay for this great game.

But we are paying, each and every day. Just not with money.

DEWIN NUTTIN
07-10-2015, 10:05 AM
But we are paying, each and every day. Just not with money.
YOU may be paying.
Me?
I ain't payin' NUTTIN.
LOL

Agent Orange
07-10-2015, 12:26 PM
The sound check is finished and she just cleared her throat.

DEWIN NUTTIN
07-10-2015, 12:49 PM
The sound check is finished and she just cleared her throat.

I'm certain all will enjoy Maria Callas, arguably the greatest opera singer of the past century, performing the title character of Bellini's opera; Norma!!!

Danger Mouse
08-10-2015, 03:24 AM
Sensor Tower App data in May for MW - Revenue $710K, App visibility score - 24K, App net worth - $24M
Sensor Tower App data in June for MW - Revenue $650K, App visibility score - 15K, App net worth - $20M

The latest WD weekend is their lowest ever ranking WD weekend on the top grossing apps scale.

Draw your own conclusions.

Sensor Tower App data in July for MW - Revenue $570K, App visibility score - 18K, App net worth - $20M

DEWIN NUTTIN
08-10-2015, 04:45 AM
Sensor Tower App data in July for MW - Revenue $570K, App visibility score - 18K, App net worth - $20M

Inch by inch, tap by tap, slowly I turned......

Agent Orange
08-10-2015, 06:34 AM
Feels about right, in the lower levels matching is very very slow. My C team got hitched up with a monster 5 player, no targets yet we got a 'premium match'. What a joke.

I did 2 battles each on the A and B factions, participation is even lower this time out so the stats are certainly reflecting the decline. Yet both are top 1000.

After playing BB for a few weeks it is a lot more interesting, at least there is some strategy involved and not mindless tapping 24/7. Find I may or may not even bother logging into MW every day because the game is now incredibly boring.

There is such a lack of playability now that the game does not appear to be in any position to be saved other than with a fresh start which is obviously impossible based on time and money spent by the games current customers. Yet a complete overhaul is about the only thing that could possibly delay the inevitable at this point.

Greasy
08-10-2015, 08:55 AM
What ?! Gree still makes like 8 millions a year on MW ?!

J-manKometh96
08-10-2015, 11:19 AM
They used to make that a month.

WBS
08-10-2015, 01:33 PM
They used to make that a month.

It's hard to believe that much money can still be made in this game. But then again if you have started within the year you probably haven't seen the huge decline from what this game used to be.

Speed ump
08-27-2015, 08:25 AM
A few more days before we see what the trend is now. Will it continue the slide, or go up? Wonder if Vegas is taking bets.

DEWIN NUTTIN
08-27-2015, 09:14 AM
The latest game maker hard hit because of the FREEMIUM model is Rovio

http://techcrunch.com/2015/08/26/rovio-to-cut-260-jobs-as-the-angry-birds-franchise-becomes-irrelevant/ (http://techcrunch.com/2015/08/26/rovio-to-cut-260-jobs-as-the-angry-birds-franchise-becomes-irrelevant/)

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/08/26/us-rovio-outlook-idUSKCN0QV18P20150826

DEWIN NUTTIN
08-27-2015, 10:03 AM
I DEW have my completed movie script, THE GREE. Several Hollywood studios and a couple Indie production companies have expressed some interest. If you want in on this, THE GREE, contact my people, lets DEW lunch.

Speed ump
08-27-2015, 02:50 PM
I wonder who will get to play you and me, or do we do cameos.lol. Who where's the black outfit, and who wears the white.( playing the bad guy is much more fun)

Ajk
08-27-2015, 02:55 PM
I DEW have my completed movie script, THE GREE. Several Hollywood studios and a couple Indie production companies have expressed some interest. If you want in on this, THE GREE, contact my people, lets DEW lunch.

I would find this screenplay very interesting to see. You would have to get quite a few monkeys and destroy lots of equipment for the dev team's coding scene. Could be quite a budget. I may have an old Tandy PC laying around I could donate if you are going for realistic looking props.

Danger Mouse
08-27-2015, 03:30 PM
I would find this screenplay very interesting to see. You would have to get quite a few monkeys and destroy lots of equipment for the dev team's coding scene. Could be quite a budget. I may have an old Tandy PC laying around I could donate if you are going for realistic looking props.

Yeah, but the budget cost of monkey wrangling would be more than offset by the budget saving for the customer support scenes.

One unknown old lady pressing send over and over on prescripted pat responses while doing her ironing and watching Jeopardy reruns should be a cheap scene to film.

DEWIN NUTTIN
08-27-2015, 05:10 PM
I wonder who will get to play you and me, or do we do cameos.lol. Who where's the black outfit, and who wears the white.( playing the bad guy is much more fun)

You tell me, boss, who DEW you think could play you?

As for me, I see someone like Bradley Cooper, Charlie Hunnam, or George Clooney.
Now, if they were alive: John Wayne, Clark Gable, or Humphrey Bogart.
For that weird vibe, Johnny Depp.
LOL

Speed ump
08-27-2015, 05:17 PM
Jim Carey, after all, he did play the riddler before. He has the experience.

DEWIN NUTTIN
08-27-2015, 05:43 PM
Jim Carey, after all, he did play the riddler before. He has the experience.

LOL, now that is funny.

Speed ump
09-03-2015, 11:58 PM
The numbers are in, the drop continues, though slowed greatly. July was 570k, August was 540k, and app worth 17 mil.

Speed ump
09-04-2015, 12:03 AM
Just realized, mr dew deleted some of his recent threads. I wonder, was he embarrassed by recent admissions? Things that make you go, hmmmmmm.

ju100
09-04-2015, 02:45 AM
Just realized, mr dew deleted some of his recent threads. I wonder, was he embarrassed by recent admissions? Things that make you go, hmmmmmm.

Honest question : we can delete our threads? or is it the mods?
I don't see DEW felling the need to delete anything...

J-manKometh96
09-04-2015, 02:53 AM
Honest question : we can delete our threads? or is it the mods?
I don't see DEW felling the need to delete anything...

Yes, it is possible to delete your own. Though I do suspect it was Sirius as he tossed a bunch of Browns posts yesterday.

Agent Orange
09-04-2015, 06:38 AM
LOL, now that is funny.

Dunno Dew, my vote is for a blonde Sarah Palin for you know who...

Agent Orange
09-04-2015, 06:38 AM
Yes, it is possible to delete your own. Though I do suspect it was Sirius as he tossed a bunch of Browns posts yesterday.

Yup.......

HellRaizer
09-04-2015, 07:22 AM
yes you can delete your own.. or of course the mods can.. The deleted threads are only "soft deleted", therefore the mods could say who deleted such threads but I think its a breach of TOS to ask such things

WBS
09-04-2015, 09:08 AM
In theory you could delete most of the mods threads and we wouldn't be losing any valuable information.

Tinker
09-11-2015, 08:43 PM
Danger Mouse is it time to check the MW pulse again?

MENTALLY INCOMPETENT
09-11-2015, 10:36 PM
I checked the pulls of the pashunt. She be died. Lol

Danger Mouse
09-12-2015, 01:15 AM
Danger Mouse is it time to check the MW pulse again?

Speedie already did above. But I haven't seen speedie on the forums lately so maybe someone should check their pulse?? ;-))

thescondo
09-12-2015, 07:14 AM
He's dead Jim

Speed ump
09-12-2015, 10:15 AM
Told you guys I won't be on as much if you're not posting negativity, lies and general bs. You've been controlling yourselves better as of late.

crazeejay
09-12-2015, 02:34 PM
The only lies and general bs is coming from your direction dump

Danger Mouse
09-12-2015, 03:48 PM
What speedie meant was the he hasn't posted any hypocritical threads lately that others feel the need to point out, that he feels the need to distract, dodge and deflect, that others feel the need to point out, that he feels the need to distract, dodge and deflect, that others feel the need to point out, that he feels the need to distract, dodge and deflect........................ You get the idea.

WBS
09-12-2015, 05:53 PM
Speed is funny. He's so into himself that I find his posts somewhat entertaining. His style of writing also makes him a fun guy to debate. But the forum has been more civil without him here, it's a shame actually.

Speed ump
09-12-2015, 09:47 PM
I see you guys are back at it. Bs central

WBS
09-13-2015, 10:30 AM
I see you guys are back at it. Bs central

Hey buddy what's up. We know how to get you back typing again.