PDA

View Full Version : Removal of fireworks and hotdog truck

bam bam.
07-03-2015, 12:10 AM
Ok gamers what are your thoughts on these in our game?. I know we have had a lot of other strange buildings like hidden gem and volcano but I think this is a bridge too far.

Cuombajj
07-03-2015, 12:14 AM
Yeah seems like CC is creeping into MW. Nothing wrong with secret command centers and experimental missile silos. Keep the civilian stuff out of the military bases.

Pidgeot
07-03-2015, 12:41 AM
Well, if there is anything more American then war, its grilling. I think it has a place in the game.

bam bam.
07-03-2015, 01:01 AM
Ah 'Muricans! USA USA USA!

The rest of the world sadly does not love America even half as much as America loves America haha. I respect America as they can wipe the face of the planet literraly off the face off the planet. I will not say anything to get you to point one of your 280million guns at me(I am pretty sure that is guns outside the U.S. military). But I would of rather seen an American Embasy or a little Whitehouse over a bloody hotdog stand.

Pidgeot
07-03-2015, 01:29 AM

The rest of the world sadly does not love America even half as much as America loves America haha. I respect America as they can wipe the face of the planet literraly off the face off the planet. I will not say anything to get you to point one of your 280million guns at me(I am pretty sure that is guns outside the U.S. military). But I would of rather seen an American Embasy or a little Whitehouse over a bloody hotdog stand.

I'm one of the most unamerican americans here but at the same time the most american, lol. I do agree with that statement though now that you say something. A more neutral image is needed. Do other countries partake in the 4th of july?

bam bam.
07-03-2015, 02:23 AM
I'm one of the most unamerican americans here but at the same time the most american, lol. I do agree with that statement though now that you say something. A more neutral image is needed. Do other countries partake in the 4th of july?

Haha I am Australian and even I know what independence day celebrates. Maybe the English celebrate it too. Thank god them nutters are gone. But no, it is American Independance from the British. There is some education right there. Who says games can't be educational too?!. However you guys did not give freedom to the slaves for like another 44 years after you gained your freedom from the big wigs

Big John
07-03-2015, 03:57 AM
Keep the hotdog van, I'm going to hitch a ride into the sunset.

Brown Out
07-03-2015, 05:50 AM
See GREE, people will biotch about anything.
Pay these fools no mind and keep up the good work.

Cannot Connect To Server
07-03-2015, 06:40 AM
hidden gem and volcano can sort of fit in to the "ground" layout... even tho they are not army based the game went stupid years ago building taj... banks..arc... mining.. etc its a flipping army game what army base builds taj mahals? how stupid can u get.

wilderman
07-03-2015, 06:55 AM
hidden gem and volcano can sort of fit in to the "ground" layout... even tho they are not army based the game went stupid years ago building taj... banks..arc... mining.. etc its a flipping army game what army base builds taj mahals? how stupid can u get.

Was thinking the same thing and going to suggest that the hot dog stand should be right next to the Taj. At least soldiers enjoy hot dogs. Bottom line is - don't buy it if it doesn't fit into your idea of what a base should have.

Brown Out
07-03-2015, 06:58 AM
I live in a multi-million dollar house nestled up next to the beach, I love when 4th of July and New Years rolls around. I can set off beaucoop fireworks without fear of setting any foliage on fire. Out on the sand is the best place to discharge fireworks.

As for the "hot dog stand"... What's more American than a hot dog? A baseball stadium?
Setting up a hot dog stand in the deserts of the Middle East allows our troops fighting in the area to get a taste of home.

J1mcrane
07-03-2015, 07:04 AM
I don't understand why retired players are getting so annoyed about it?

I'm a little mythed though that during the UK campaign we didn't get a little red bus :)

sister morphine
07-03-2015, 07:36 AM
As for the "hot dog stand"... What's more American than a hot dog?
A tasty treat using sausages originating in Germany/Austria - frankfurter or weiner. Much like that other American icon, the Hamburg-er. Lol

Is not spray cheese in a can a more fitting example of true American cuisine? ;)

Brown Out
07-03-2015, 07:43 AM
A tasty treat using sausages originating in Germany/Austria - frankfurter or weiner. Much like that other American icon, the Hamburg-er. Lol

Is not spray cheese in a can a more fitting example of true American cuisine? ;)

Now you're splitting hairs.

The "hot dog" and the "hamburger" as we know it today are Anerican inventions.

Sunny19843
07-03-2015, 08:05 AM

I think you are referring to "corn dogs"

J-manKometh96
07-03-2015, 08:16 AM
Because haggis is such an appetizing treat lol. :D

While these are about the dumbest of buildings to date, they are here, so who really cares? Personally, I didn't vote because "Who Cares" wasn't an option.

sister morphine
07-03-2015, 08:41 AM

I suspect if you looked into it hard enough you'd find they originated as street food in Germany. :)

sister morphine
07-03-2015, 08:42 AM
Because haggis is such an appetizing treat lol. :D

While these are about the dumbest of buildings to date, they are here, so who really cares? Personally, I didn't vote because "Who Cares" wasn't an option.
Lol, say what you want. Haggis is purely Scottish; much like the deep fried Mars Bar!

Ajk
07-03-2015, 10:59 AM

Actually, American cuisine is among the most diverse in the world. We have the best of all countries or regions. I'm not so sure any other country can boast that. We are like BASF, "we don't make a lot of the products you buy, we make a lot of the products you buy better".

As far as the hotdog truck goes? Welcome to the new crime city.

J-manKometh96
07-03-2015, 11:56 AM
As far as the hotdog truck goes? Welcome to the new crime city.
Maybe we can give CC some Deadly Bridge Jumpers. Say 13 or so.

groovy shags
07-03-2015, 04:57 PM

I think you are referring to "corn dogs"

GREE has enhanced corn-holing to perfection!

bam bam.
07-03-2015, 06:37 PM
I love where you took this thread guys. I'm laughing.

I more have the issue with the crappie styling, they look like they were designed for CC.

Ajk
07-03-2015, 07:00 PM
I love where you took this thread guys. I'm laughing.

I more have the issue with the crappie styling, they look like they were designed for CC.

I'm wondering if they didn't merge the to dev teams. I would actually bet money that they did.

bam bam.
07-03-2015, 07:17 PM
I'm wondering if they didn't merge the to dev teams. I would actually bet money that they did.

Maybe they are looking over eachothers shoulders and stealing each other's code cause they have no idea what they are doing. Then again MW is a clone of CC so it's really not that bigger leap. Might just merge all their games into one. Ha.

Sandhawk
07-03-2015, 09:30 PM
Maybe they are looking over eachothers shoulders and stealing each other's code cause they have no idea what they are doing.

Had a good laugh at this... :D :D

Also did not vote due to the lack of a "Don't care" option.

Agent Orange
07-04-2015, 04:42 AM

True that, as much as I love tube steaks as much as the next guy but this is a dumb item.

t12pm
07-04-2015, 09:44 AM
Got a few friends in different branches of the military and food trucks do visit the bases, maybe not all the time but it does happen so maybe it does kind of fit

Cannot Connect To Server
07-04-2015, 10:24 AM
hot dog and burger trucks make a sheet load of cash... how come the gree one is crud? im guessing its Turkey like most of the other buildings.

Sandhawk
07-04-2015, 01:13 PM
Got a few friends in different branches of the military and food trucks do visit the bases, maybe not all the time but it does happen so maybe it does kind of fit

We call them "roach coaches". They do visit the various bases but are not a permanent fixture. So you have a valid point there.

However, a pyrotechnic vender would NEVER be granted access to a military installation.

J1mcrane
07-04-2015, 02:56 PM
Hmmmm, but a taj mahal, Arctic mining rig, Zambezi printing company...etc.. Are all fine? Lol! Seriously, this thread is the funniest thing I've read in a while! If its authenticity you're after then you lot are playing the wrong game, get a grip.

Robespierre
07-04-2015, 04:42 PM
We call them "roach coaches". They do visit the various bases but are not a permanent fixture. So you have a valid point there.

However, a pyrotechnic vender would NEVER be granted access to a military installation.

We called them the "gut truck."

True J1mcrane. Zero authenticity.

t12pm
07-04-2015, 06:08 PM

Yeah I wasn't sure many knew that name and I agree with the fireworks stand

07-04-2015, 08:24 PM
Seems like the buildings, boss names, etc per cycle are random. Always wondered how they chose the countries and relevant, Or not, so icons

bam bam.
07-05-2015, 02:22 AM

Well all troops deficate in toilets so I guess the next building should be a toilet. You are 'M€rican!

bam bam.
07-05-2015, 02:30 AM
Hmmmm, but a taj mahal, Arctic mining rig, Zambezi printing company...etc.. Are all fine? Lol! Seriously, this thread is the funniest thing I've read in a while! If its authenticity you're after then you lot are playing the wrong game, get a grip.

I did mention this, I don't know if you have played CC but the two buildings are stealing their graphic styling which is why I suggested it was a bridge too far

Sparkle
07-05-2015, 06:27 AM
Terminally cute little truck is awesome. Wish it was bigger. I am sure soldiers like hotdogs.
We should have icons from more other countries too. Stuff that military personnel might see in their travels... The Sphinx, Eifel Tower, Great Wall of China... that could take some room...
Stuff in the sea might be a pirate shipwreck, the Lochness Monster, a gold spitting whale... Loosen up a little.

J1mcrane
07-05-2015, 09:57 AM
Bam Bam, on a styling point of view, I couldn't agree more! Regurgitating old buildings and passing them off a boost buildings is a joke. Also the huge footprint and block construction of some of the latest buildings is just a bit samey! Though unfortunately, building design is the last of our worries.

Captain Buck Slayer
07-05-2015, 12:31 PM
I don't give a darn either way.