PDA

View Full Version : Flourishing Chest VS Chance Chest VS other options

Sean Byrne
07-02-2015, 12:31 AM
I have been saving for the chance chest and have the 250 gems needed to open the 11 chance chests at once.

I wanted to know what would be better to use my Gems on the flourishing chest or the chance chest or is there something else I should save for.

Obviously I'm interested in getting the best possible armors.

Any advice would be welcome.

Otherwise PM me on LINE byrner91.
Member of Warriors of Fujin top 250 guild

SBBL Indigo
07-02-2015, 02:05 AM
I have been saving for the chance chest and have the 250 gems needed to open the 11 chance chests at once.

I wanted to know what would be better to use my Gems on the flourishing chest or the chance chest or is there something else I should save for.

Obviously I'm interested in getting the best possible armors.

Any advice would be welcome.

Otherwise PM me on LINE byrner91.
Member of Warriors of Fujin top 250 guild

Chances of getting something decent suck regardless. I have opened every flourishing chest up to the max since they started and never got anything better than a fusible old epic, and even then I think it's only been twice.

My advice would be to save those gems and go T25 for a guaranteed epic+. Summoners+, current T25, is an extremely decent armour. I have it from the original war and it is stronger than my Darkscale reg dfa. Breaks 4k on both attk and defense with good jewels.

If you really must open chests and are happy to face the inevitable disappointment, anecdotally I have done better out of 11's than flourishing. But then I have probably opened 11 chests around 100 times and only ever got something I was happy with on a couple of occasions (Mystic dfa and Centurions back when it was latest chest epic). Every other time has been fodder and weak armours.

Ant venom
07-02-2015, 05:30 AM
I agree with SBBL Indigo, but the 11 chests are more worth it, at least you would get a higher chance of a DF than a Flourishing Chest.

Kangaroeland
07-02-2015, 05:39 AM
Chests are evil

HRDerbySean
07-02-2015, 06:40 AM
Chests are evil

A-GREE-D, they are evil.

Ant venom
07-02-2015, 06:47 AM
Chests are evil
Prove that is true but that won't be possible because a guildmate got a mystic DF and I recently got a Shell-shocked Battlegear and we both only spent 25 gems, so your point has been proven wrong, by the way, half the guild got a Raid DF for 25 gems on a single chest.

Kangaroeland
07-02-2015, 07:08 AM
I can say that; and stop trolling.

Ant venom
07-02-2015, 08:07 AM
I can say that; and stop trolling.

How am I trolling and of course you can say that, it's a free country (Assuming you live in USA, if not well that's not something for me to worry about). And what I said is true, you're just unhappy that the top dogs (Like you) are finally getting a challenge. Just get over it, they're just pixels which don't have any monetary value or worth. Btw, surely you weren't trolling when you had said 3D is the best Alliance in-game, if it is, how many times have you guys finished first in a Raid or War? About 1% of the time I would say, to the DK Empire so you should say, it is the second best Alliance in the game after and inferior to DK Empire.

Lord P
07-02-2015, 08:33 AM
You can't really say that
Dude, just stop

Ant venom
07-02-2015, 08:39 AM
Dude, just stop

Lord P, don't call me "dude" because I have a name or username, I don't call you dude or guy, I address you by your username and so you should show the same respect, just saying.

legalious
07-02-2015, 08:40 AM
You can't really say that because a guildmate got a mystic DF and I recently got a Shell-shocked Battlegear and we both only spent 25 gems, so your point has been proven wrong, by the way, half the guild got a Raid DF for 25 gems on a single chest.

Your group must be very lucky. I have been attempting to win anything decent from chests. Though I was able to get my first epic + yesterday (Blazeborne Vangaurd).

VirusknightX
07-02-2015, 09:36 AM
Ouch legalious, sounds like a slap in the face. The only good armor I have pulled from a chest on iOS was specter shroud + back around Christmas.

Marco_
07-02-2015, 11:31 AM
Prove that is true but that won't be possible because a guildmate got a mystic DF and I recently got a Shell-shocked Battlegear and we both only spent 25 gems, so your point has been proven wrong, by the way, half the guild got a Raid DF for 25 gems on a single chest.
Well, some people win big prizes in the same lottery more than once, but that doesn't normally mean that odds of even one big prize are anything but terrible...
2 years of boss collection keys on 3 account gave me something to keep twice and I'm quite surprised if I get more than 1 in 100 wearable armors from opening chests with the free gems I farm on my 3 accounts...

roookey1
07-02-2015, 01:48 PM
Chests in my humble opionion are coming nothing short of a impertinent ripoff against Greed's customers, and very close to deceit and fraud.

Frankly, I'm surprised that users who lost a lot of money to chests didn't file any lawsuits so far.

Customers shouldn't have to spend hundreds of dollars (and yes I know there are lucky/funny/bragging souls who say they have gotten the latest DF+ by just opening 1 chest ..rotfl) in order to get a decent service/product feature in return. That the extremely low chance of it is not told in advance is what gives this feelings of getting deceited to many. I'd love to know how many thousands of customers have quitted just because of that. I know at least 3 or 4 people in my guild have.

Marco_
07-02-2015, 04:34 PM
Chests in my humble opionion are coming nothing short of a impertinent ripoff against Greed's customers, and very close to deceit and fraud.

Frankly, I'm surprised that users who lost a lot of money to chests didn't file any lawsuits so far.
Why? Would they file a lawsuit against a lottery too for "money lost on tickets"?
Humans are weird. If a game has loot drops with very low odds of the drops being super good, that's fine, but change that up to instead dropping loot chest tokens which can be used on a chest with the exact same odds as the loot drops were and add the option to open the chests with in-game currency and suddenly it's a ripoff...
I guess brains associate chests with huge treasure and are disappointed if it doesn't show up... -_-

roookey1
07-02-2015, 05:22 PM
Good thinking! That brings me to a new idea that would solve the problem of people getting pissed and quit over it once and forever:

rename the 'Chests' to 'Garbage Can', and correctly title them with 'Extremely slim chance to discover something special.'

Everyone would consider himself happy to find a 3 year old legendary armor in it!

(no panic Gree, you don't need to reward me with 2 gems for this brilliant idea! :D)

Kangaroeland
07-03-2015, 12:17 AM
Im not gonna feed the troll ant venom. Sorry aint nobody got time for that.

SBBL Indigo
07-03-2015, 01:39 AM
I think the issue is more that your chances are way over-stated compared to what they are actually are. "8x" and "best chance ever" mean nothing when you don't know what the original percentage chance was. Misleading advertising, as it were.

A lot of newer players save up to open chests and think they are guaranteed to get something decent because the advertising implies they will. Unless you are ridiculously lucky, you won't (by decent I mean dfa or epic+ cos pretty much everything else you can fuse for free).

I remember buying the gems for my first 11 chests and pulling maelstrom irons. So I bought more gems and got 40 chests. Guess what... didn't get a single epic.

And @ Legalious - blazeborne+ is a rare collectors item! Be proud! Lol.

gardibolt
07-07-2015, 02:11 PM
Lotteries typically are required to state the odds to be legal, so the buyer can make an informed decision.

Gree hides that information, which should be all you need to know.

The Calling
07-07-2015, 04:20 PM
Lotteries typically are required to state the odds to be legal, so the buyer can make an informed decision.

Gree hides that information, which should be all you need to know.

That is where it is. If we were given the odds, like the lottery and such, we would be able to make a more informed call. I see that some people would still play the lotto if the odds were not given, however many would not. Better yet, if the state said best odds ever, it would entice more people to play and spend. This is a lie with itself. More people playing does not increase the odds. The issues that the odds are never disclosed to us and greed refuses to give that. We all know why.......it is because the odds are never if our favor and many people would stop buying gems for chest if they knew the real odds.

legalious
07-08-2015, 09:42 AM
That is where it is. If we were given the odds, like the lottery and such, we would be able to make a more informed call. I see that some people would still play the lotto if the odds were not given, however many would not. Better yet, if the state said best odds ever, it would entice more people to play and spend. This is a lie with itself. More people playing does not increase the odds. The issues that the odds are never disclosed to us and greed refuses to give that. We all know why.......it is because the odds are never if our favor and many people would stop buying gems for chest if they knew the real odds.

Chance based items within video games are not always public. Sure they can say % increased chance, but because the information resides in the code that most companies keep this secret. I highly doubt a company would change their standing on this subject so late into the game.

roookey1
07-09-2015, 02:55 PM
Sorry, but whatever you say - it doesn't change the feeling that it is false / misleading advertising.

Chests are nicely decorated garbage bins. That's the NORM. Everything else (like an epic or even DF pull) is a rare exception to the norm.

There may be the occasional Dragonforge pull, but one has to be ridiculously lucky and usually spend hundreds of dollars to get one.
Considering that, the way the chests are advertised is misleading on the borderline to betrayal, because especially new players have no means whatsoever to find out how bad the odds actually really are - until they start paying gems. Frankly, I'm surprised that players having lost thousands of $$$ on chests without having received anything of virtual value in return, haven't filed lawsuits yet. I know that at least in Europe, even if the fineprint covers a companies' unfair business tactics, lawsuits can be won if 'common sense' would walk people into pre-designed traps through misleading advertising.

Having said that, I have stopped to invest in the game since months, planning to uninstall once my once expensively bought armors are not doing it for me anymore. This company just doesn't give anything for the buck, it's ridiculous how much you can spend and still, they virtually spit you in the face with a cynical grin.

Regretz
07-09-2015, 03:15 PM
I agree with every single word of your post Roookey. It has been months for me since I have spent anything on this game, and to be honest im not missing it at all. I have actually found myself happier soending my money elsewhere, and now I have gone from playing for a few hours a day to logging in 2-3 times to hit arena and EB for 5 mins. This game has become increasingly stale and unappeasing to me. I think this is the end for me.