PDA

View Full Version : Raid Boss Beta coming soon, be a part of the development process!

Bolt
07-01-2015, 03:57 PM
Greetings Gangsters!

Exciting changes are coming to the Raid Boss event but we need your help! We’re inviting Syndicates to come and join us in our upcoming Crime City Beta.

The Beta will focus on a revamp of the Raid Boss event. With your help, developers will gather information and feedback to help balance the event and make it fun for everyone. Your feedback will help shape the future of Crime City and you will receive a ‘thank you’ item for participating!

The details are as follows:

The Beta will last 2 days. It will take place sometime in July on a weekday, not a weekend. I will announce the exact date as soon as possible.

The Beta will take place on a special Beta server that is separate from the live server. What you do on the Beta server has no effect on the live server. Beta players will have their live account copied over to the Beta server and given 6,000 gold on the Beta server to use on this event.

We need syndicates to join the Beta and play together to take on the Raid Boss the way you normally play this event. The more we can simulate a “real” Raid Boss fight the better. We therefore ask that you coordinate with your Syndicate mates to join and participate together. For the best results, please bring 20+ syndicate members. The more the merrier!

To participate, please follow this link:

https://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/2213940/Crime-City-Beta-NDA

US players only, apologies to our non-US players (we have to limit it to US players for legal reasons).

The cut-off to sign up for the Beta is July 10th at 12pm PDT. Signing the NDA confirms your participation in the Beta, don’t delay!

Once the Beta is ready (and you’ve signed the NDA), you will receive an email with a link to install the Crime City Beta app. When you launch the Beta app you will be ready and in your own Beta version of your account. Important: If you already have an old Beta app installed from the past, you need to delete it before the new beta starts or it will fail to install properly.

Before the Beta starts, we will create a Beta Players only section of the forum where you can provide feedback on the Beta and coordinate with your fellow Beta players. You need to have a forum account before you sign up for the Beta for this to work so if you don’t have a forum account create one today!

After the event ends, you will receive an email with a survey link. Please fill out the survey, it will give us important feedback we can use to improve the event.

As a thank you for helping us improve the Raid Boss, all participants who fill out the survey will receive this building on their live account:

Herbal Healing Delivery
Output: $450,000/8 hours

Questions? Let us know here on this thread. We look forward to your participation!

Jeronimo
07-01-2015, 05:14 PM
What are those 'legal reasons'?

Bolt
07-01-2015, 05:19 PM
What are those 'legal reasons'?

The Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) we use is specific to US laws. Crafting an NDA that applies to citizens all over the world is far more complicated.

Dipstik
07-01-2015, 05:52 PM
Thank you for making the beta separate from the live game. That should be standard practice.

Evan1000
07-01-2015, 05:53 PM
This sounds fun. The 6k gold should probably be copied over to our live accounts as well, just to be safe :p

Jeronimo
07-01-2015, 06:19 PM
The Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) we use is specific to US laws. Crafting an NDA that applies to citizens all over the world is far more complicated.

Ahh, I see.

Tthebest
07-01-2015, 07:39 PM
Do we need everyone who wants to be a part of beta send the email or just need one person to apply for our syndicate?

bradharvy
07-01-2015, 08:35 PM
request sent!

Jcw9811
07-01-2015, 08:36 PM
Will your developers try and limit the CC events during these 2 days, having a LTQ and box event up at the same time wouldn't be bad, but if u had an EB up at the same time this would be problematic for a lot of players that have real life obligations. Also if u do something like this and make the CC event load less during these 2 days I'm sure u could get a lot more syns and players to do it

BrisingrBoss
07-01-2015, 08:36 PM
request sent

Jcw9811
07-01-2015, 08:37 PM
Also will linked accounts be able to participate?

Red BD
07-01-2015, 08:38 PM
Do we need everyone who wants to be a part of beta send the email or just need one person to apply for our syndicate?
Good question... And if all gang members don't request to be a part (or are not accepted), are all crew members out?

Dipstik
07-01-2015, 09:08 PM
I don't think one person playing 8 accounts and filling out 8 surveys really serves any purpose...

Jcw9811
07-01-2015, 09:49 PM
I don't think one person playing 8 accounts and filling out 8 surveys really serves any purpose...

I mean yeah that's a little too much, but I'm sure 2-3 accounts would be alright and by having a couple accounts u can see more going on for the event and by having those accounts spread out in 2 or 3 syns would also give more insight into the new RB, i.e. having a top 20, 75, and 150 syn account would help you see how the event will be structured for different levels of play

Captain Torgue
07-01-2015, 10:42 PM
This is a clear cut case of DISCRIMINATION!!!

I'm not from the U.S. so I miss out.

Expect to hear from my lawyers.

Dipstik
07-01-2015, 11:01 PM
I kind of want to participate just so I can see this NDA... I'm curious how enforceable it is against an uncompensated beta tester and what remedy they expect to get if someone leaks something. Have previous beta testers signed this?

montecore
07-02-2015, 12:36 AM
Hasn't the game always been in beta?

killbillbst
07-02-2015, 01:17 AM

Yet you manage to run a game played worldwide

Jeronimo
07-02-2015, 02:01 AM

http://www.justice.gov/crt/complaint/#four good luck :rolleyes:

Mscosmo
07-02-2015, 05:07 AM
I'm in two syndicates. I have a mini syndicate with all different levels and strengths. Also, I'm in a top 150-250 syndicate. Are you going to match members to equivalent syndicates or use their current syndicates? Are you going to allow syndicate jumping as you do currently or will the syndicates be on lock down?

ghetto69143
07-02-2015, 05:42 AM
I am also curious about multiple accounts
we would like to get 10 of my syndicate members with dual accts so we can have a syn of 20.
can you please expound a little more?

Podmob
07-02-2015, 06:33 AM
So, USA players will get 5 free vaults of gold to participate and have fun in this survey (they already can purchase gold for about 25% less than rest of CC users around the world)? It may be a good idea to only transfer it into their accounts once the 2 day event is over or it may affect and rig the results if it is put to use while doing the RB experiment. Could then be an indication of what it will take to complete next RBs. lol
This being said, I think it's a great initiative to get the users' input to improve the game ;-)

Dipstik
07-02-2015, 06:36 AM
SOMEONE'S never heard of china gold...

Jcw9811
07-02-2015, 06:37 AM
So, USA players will get 5 free vaults of gold to participate and have fun in this survey (they already can purchase gold for about 25% less than rest of CC users around the world)? It may be a good idea to only transfer it into their accounts once the 2 day event is over or it may affect and rig the results if it is put to use while doing the RB experiment. Could then be an indication of what it will take to complete next RBs. lol
This being said, I think it's a great initiative to get the users' input to improve the game ;-)

Did you even read the opening post your CC account will get copied over to the beta version which is a completely separate app on a completely separate server. They give you the gold so you can do the RB quickly since it is only 2 days. The only thing you get from it is insight into the new RB and a building

Podmob
07-02-2015, 06:44 AM
Yes, I read that JcW. All I'm saying is that gold shouldn't be involved to get the true colours of an event. You want it to reflect reality? Do it on the same time period a real event would last and... WITHOUT the use of gold. If not, the survey is obsolete.

Podmob
07-02-2015, 06:52 AM
Oups! Wanted to say that "it won't reflect reality" if you can use all that gold to get the bosses down quickly. ;-)

Mscosmo
07-02-2015, 07:14 AM
I too considered the point of the gold for the Beta. But, I agree with Jwc. The only way the event can be finished in two days is with gold. Unless of course the Beta can actually be tested with syndicates that have the ability to complete the Raid Boss event within 48 hours on a regular basis. However, by doing the testing with 20 member syndicates of all levels and strengths will actually require the gold for the Beta test.

Dipstik
07-02-2015, 07:21 AM
Just speculating here, but I think they want the features tested, not whether the event can be "finished" in 2 days. They give the players gold so they aren't wasting time waiting for regeneration to test more features.

Jcw9811
07-02-2015, 07:50 AM
Just speculating here, but I think they want the features tested, not whether the event can be "finished" in 2 days. They give the players gold so they aren't wasting time waiting for regeneration to test more features.

Exactly plus if they made the beta 5-7 days they would get a lot less players to do it since it would definitely overlap with time consuming CC events and the reward would definitely not be worth 5-7 days of your time

Podmob
07-02-2015, 08:14 AM
But isn't "wasting time waiting for regeneration" in integral feature of RB? That should also be tested in the new proposed format? What I was really trying to say (clumsily) is that if a player with a 2 million attack can take down a level 100 boss no sweat without his 19 other teammates in less than a minute (because of the China gold lol) you won't get a clear picture. But then again, maybe the time taken to kill bosses isn't relevant in this simulation and they are really testing other features. Will be open-minded and, like I said before, it's good that they put active players to contribution ;-)

Jcw9811
07-02-2015, 08:46 AM
But isn't "wasting time waiting for regeneration" in integral feature of RB? That should also be tested in the new proposed format? What I was really trying to say (clumsily) is that if a player with a 2 million attack can take down a level 100 boss no sweat without his 19 other teammates in less than a minute (because of the China gold lol) you won't get a clear picture. But then again, maybe the time taken to kill bosses isn't relevant in this simulation and they are really testing other features. Will be open-minded and, like I said before, it's good that they put active players to contribution ;-)

When doing a beta the time to complete is not what they are testing. They are testing the features of the event and if there are bugs in it

Bolt
07-02-2015, 09:22 AM

Each player needs to apply separately and sign the NDA individually. Once the Beta starts, your Syndicate affiliation will remain intact, so you will not need to recreate the Syndicate and you and your syndicate mates will already be aligned.

Bolt
07-02-2015, 09:52 AM
I am also curious about multiple accounts
we would like to get 10 of my syndicate members with dual accts so we can have a syn of 20.
can you please expound a little more?

Only one account can be registered per device. The first account you register on a device will be the only one that can join the Beta on that device. If you own more than one device, each device can be registered and play a separate game account if you so wish. We're Ok with this because it could give you more insight into the event from the perspective of your different accounts but it is completely optional.

Gr3g
07-02-2015, 10:02 AM
how long does it take to get an email back?

Bolt
07-02-2015, 10:07 AM
how long does it take to get an email back?

We manually "push a button" so that emails go out. We have not sent out any emails, I will update this thread when we have sent out the first batch of NDA emails, and whenever we send out any emails in general. Right now, our first step is to lock down the date of the Beta.

Jcw9811
07-02-2015, 10:34 AM
What is the absolute minimum size of a syn that you will take? Mine has a lot of linked accounts and European, Asian, and Australian players

Jcw9811
07-02-2015, 10:44 AM
Only one account can be registered per device. The first account you register on a device will be the only one that can join the Beta on that device. If you own more than one device, each device can be registered and play a separate game account if you so wish. We're Ok with this because it could give you more insight into the event from the perspective of your different accounts but it is completely optional.

So let me get this straight. Even if you have your accounts linked if u have 2 devices u can still do the beta with 2 accounts???

Bolt
07-02-2015, 11:51 AM
What is the absolute minimum size of a syn that you will take? Mine has a lot of linked accounts and European, Asian, and Australian players

We are not turning anybody down but we hope you are able to participate in a meaningful way that gives you insight into the event. Perhaps you could join another syndicate during the Beta? Syndicates will not be locked so that is certainly an option. That is something you could coordinate in the Beta-only forum.

So let me get this straight. Even if you have your accounts linked if u have 2 devices u can still do the beta with 2 accounts???

Each device (phone, tablet) can only play a single Account/player ID. If you have a 2nd device, that second device could run a different account (as long as the NDA was signed for each player ID).

For example, lets say you have 2 accounts and 2 devices. You would do the following:

email betasignup@gree.net

Once you receive the NDA link, click on it.

Fill out the NDA and provide your player ID for account #1 (there is a field for that on the NDA)
Click the NDA link again.
Fill out the NDA and provide your player ID for account #2

When the Beta is ready, you will receive 2 emails with a link to the Beta (one for account #1 and one for #2)
On device #1, you click one link and register the ID to that device
On device #2, you click on the other link and register that ID to that device

I hope this helps.

Vile Lynn
07-02-2015, 12:17 PM
Yeah, Thanks Bolt.

Are we having RB this cycle or not?

kids
07-02-2015, 05:58 PM
Gree reintroduce accomplice on next raid boss ?
Nice !
Just happy we got beta testers this time
Man its boring to check the 'exciting update on accomplces - we just took them away and won't tell you why' thread
I'll take that 6000 gold but would never spend on raid boss - test that !

Jcw9811
07-02-2015, 06:19 PM
Gree reintroduce accomplice on next raid boss ?
Nice !
Just happy we got beta testers this time
Man its boring to check the 'exciting update on accomplces - we just took them away and won't tell you why' thread
I'll take that 6000 gold but would never spend on raid boss - test that !

Well seeing as how the 6000 gold is only on the beta server which is completely separate good luck with that. And they better not bring accomplices back they need to go dig a hole and die

Foty
07-02-2015, 08:01 PM
Yes, I read that JcW. All I'm saying is that gold shouldn't be involved to get the true colours of an event. You want it to reflect reality? Do it on the same time period a real event would last and... WITHOUT the use of gold. If not, the survey is obsolete.

I agree. Not everyone can afford to buy gold to win events. This is just another way that GREE is making it easier for the people who buy vaults on a daily basis and harder for normal players.

Foty
07-02-2015, 08:07 PM

So even if your accounts are linked to the same email, you can play them on different devices?

PhantomNine
07-03-2015, 01:46 AM
May I suggest a 12 hour building as a reward for the participants? Many players are not fond of 8 hour buildings and I feel you'll get a better response with a 12 hour one.

jimbo.
07-03-2015, 03:19 PM
Downloaded the beta cc yesterday but can't get past the introduction part where you have to buy a laundromat, anyone else having this problem?

Nighteg
07-03-2015, 04:55 PM
You better not be bringing back the accomplices :mad:

Max Power
07-04-2015, 06:55 AM
I agree. Not everyone can afford to buy gold to win events. This is just another way that GREE is making it easier for the people who buy vaults on a daily basis and harder for normal players.

Why would they spend all this time and money to beta test an event that would be designed for free players?

You do know how this game is financed, don't you?

jimbo.
07-04-2015, 11:21 PM
We manually "push a button" so that emails go out. We have not sent out any emails, I will update this thread when we have sent out the first batch of NDA emails, and whenever we send out any emails in general. Right now, our first step is to lock down the date of the Beta.

Hiya Bolt, I have received an email and downloaded the new beta, but I can't get through the introduction part, I can get to the part where it wants you to buy a laundromat but when I try to click on the shop it shuts down the app,

BrisingrBoss
07-05-2015, 03:21 AM
I haven't received my email. what gives???

bradharvy
07-05-2015, 06:30 AM

Me neither! nor any one I know. I haven't heard anyone in the community that has... Probably only for top ten teams, , .I'm waiting...
Only thing I filled out was email, haven't seen no link to sign NDA... cmon..

Foty
07-05-2015, 08:24 AM
Why would they spend all this time and money to beta test an event that would be designed for free players?

You do know how this game is financed, don't you?

Yes I know the game is financed. But when GREE took over this game, it went downhill. They had a few good ideas but the point of making every event almost impossible to finish without buying either items to make you stronger or gold to regen faster is making it hard for those like me that can't buy gold to compete. GREE will only have rich people playing if they keep this up. They might as well make us pay to download it.

bradharvy
07-05-2015, 08:29 AM
where's bolt? I would like to know if the beta had started and I'm not in. I keep looking for emails!! Please give us an update as to when.. if it has or hasn't started please. ty,
from fhktard

misty blue
07-05-2015, 09:12 AM
I'm in the USA but some of our syn members arnt does that make a difference

Bolt
07-05-2015, 10:17 AM
Hiya Bolt, I have received an email and downloaded the new beta, but I can't get through the introduction part, I can get to the part where it wants you to buy a laundromat but when I try to click on the shop it shuts down the app,

We have not sent out any emails so not sure what it is you're playing... an old Beta perhaps?

I will announce the date for the Beta on this thread and will let you know when emails have gone out. I expect to have an update early this week.

jimbo.
07-05-2015, 11:48 AM
[QUOTE=Bolt;1518159]We have not sent out any emails so not sure what it is you're playing... an old Beta perhaps?

I don't think so, received the email on July 2nd, Crime City AND Beta Prod 6.6.0.beta-156 (242)

I must be special :)

Bolt
07-05-2015, 11:52 AM
[QUOTE=Bolt;1518159]We have not sent out any emails so not sure what it is you're playing... an old Beta perhaps?

I don't think so, received the email on July 2nd, Crime City AND Beta Prod 6.6.0.beta-156 (242)

I must be special :)

Indeed! that build you got is not related to the Raid Boss Beta. Were you in previous Crime City Betas? I'll look into it tomorrow, thanks for bringing it up.

misty blue
07-06-2015, 06:47 AM
You are forgetting the lower ranked syns 200, 250, 300, 350

misty blue
07-06-2015, 09:30 AM
Can it be a mixed syn or do we all have to be in the same syn

misty blue
07-06-2015, 09:32 AM
I liked accomplices worked hard n spent gold to get them n now useless

SollyLlama
07-06-2015, 11:51 AM
Downloaded the beta cc yesterday but can't get past the introduction part where you have to buy a laundromat, anyone else having this problem?

At the risk of violating the terms and spirit of the NDA, let me just say I can't help you.

Bolt
07-06-2015, 03:25 PM
At the risk of violating the terms and spirit of the NDA, let me just say I can't help you.

This is a good time to plant an important reminder here:

If you join the Beta (and therefore sign the NDA), do not discuss the Beta on the general forum (or anywhere else). There will be a Beta-players-only subforum where you are free to discuss it. There will also be a survey to capture your feedback.

BrisingrBoss
07-07-2015, 10:20 AM
This is a good time to plant an important reminder here:

If you join the Beta (and therefore sign the NDA), do not discuss the Beta on the general forum (or anywhere else). There will be a Beta-players-only subforum where you are free to discuss it. There will also be a survey to capture your feedback.
hence the NON Disclosure Agreement!!!

Gangsta
07-07-2015, 11:35 AM
When will we hear back from you all after we sign-up to help?

Bolt
07-07-2015, 02:28 PM
Update: The email containing the NDA link will go out by the end of day. If you have not received it in the next 10 hours let me know here and I will look into it (remember to check your spam folder!). If you do not have a forum account I suggest creating one today as we will be adding players to the Beta-only forum soon.

archambeau
07-07-2015, 04:41 PM
invite code is your player ID

Foty
07-07-2015, 05:00 PM
What if you don't live in apt? I can't get past that section. Do I put 0?

Big Hurt
07-07-2015, 05:17 PM
I was unsure of the invite code so I put my syndicate code in , does that mean I have to do it again

BrisingrBoss
07-07-2015, 05:28 PM
my email used for invitation is different than the email used on forum can that be a problem?

Bolt
07-07-2015, 05:30 PM
invite code is your player ID

That is correct. "Invite Code" is the formal name for your player ID.

I was unsure of the invite code so I put my syndicate code in , does that mean I have to do it again

Yes, you will have no account at all in the Beta if you do not enter your own Player ID.

BrisingrBoss
07-07-2015, 05:34 PM
what is the max number of accounts/devices one person can have? cause i just sent 4 ndas for 4 devices. ipad air, iphone 6, iphone 5 and a droid phone

Bolt
07-07-2015, 05:35 PM
What if you don't live in apt? I can't get past that section. Do I put 0?

A dash ( - ) will suffice.

my email used for invitation is different than the email used on forum can that be a problem?

It means you won't be able to access the Beta-only subforum since we are only allowing access to the subforum if the email attached to the account has signed the NDA. We will start activating access to the subforum tomorrow. You could potentially create a forum account with the email you signed the NDA with today and only use that account for beta subforum purposes. Unfortunately I can't offer you a more elegant solution.

Bolt
07-07-2015, 05:51 PM
what is the max number of accounts/devices one person can have? cause i just sent 4 ndas for 4 devices. ipad air, iphone 6, iphone 5 and a droid phone

Technically no maximum. Just be careful how you register them and make sure each device is linked to a different beta account. I go into more detail here (http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?116700-Raid-Boss-Beta-coming-soon-be-a-part-of-the-development-process!&p=1517592&viewfull=1#post1517592)

BrisingrBoss
07-07-2015, 05:53 PM
for sure, each device one different beta account. i sent you PM about email.

Big Hurt
07-07-2015, 06:16 PM
That is correct. "Invite Code" is the formal name for your player ID.

Yes, you will have no account at all in the Beta if you do not enter your own Player ID.

Thank you Bolt, will redue it with correct code

Pocos_Peros_Locos
07-07-2015, 06:19 PM
i don't live in an apt either but i should lol - but i put n/a to get past it and that worked.

scrapfofun
07-07-2015, 06:20 PM
i just put a 0 and worked fine

Pocos_Peros_Locos
07-07-2015, 06:22 PM
plz don't bring back those accomplices. i'm not picky bout the rewards for the testers but 6000 gold on my 2 accts registered would be a nice compensation instead of ltb - but i'm happy either way - happy i get to take part in testing - i've always wanted to but this is the first time i've been chosen.

Evan1000
07-07-2015, 06:46 PM
What do you do if you didn't get an email?

BrisingrBoss
07-07-2015, 06:49 PM
Check your Junkbox

Vile Lynn
07-07-2015, 06:50 PM
What do you do if you didn't get an email?

Gotta be 18yo+ to sign an NDA.

Evan1000
07-07-2015, 06:54 PM
Check your Junkbox

Checked and not in there

Even if this was true there's no way they could've checked my age :p

Vile Lynn
07-07-2015, 07:02 PM

Minors cannot sign contracts.

Mscosmo
07-07-2015, 07:06 PM
Can I add more than one account? Example, log into the disclaimer more than once and add different request accounts? I have accounts of several different levels.

Dat Guy
07-07-2015, 07:07 PM

And boom goes the dynamite!

Foty
07-07-2015, 07:10 PM
Can I add more than one account? Example, log into the disclaimer more than once and add different request accounts? I have accounts of several different levels.

I did but have heard u have to play on different devices

Mscosmo
07-07-2015, 07:32 PM
Okay, I read above. Thank you. As long as each account has it's own device its good for multiple accounts to play the Beta.

Dipstik
07-07-2015, 07:49 PM
I still wonder what remedy (aside from an injunction, if appropriate) could be sought for violation of the NDA... Any of the previous beta testers who leaked like sieves want to enlighten me? :)

Eamorrthom
07-08-2015, 10:11 AM
What if someone has an account they want to use but on a device not linked to their other accounts? Is that even possible? I.e. They want to use an older phone or tablet that was a hand me down but not linked to other main phone/tablet. They have another account they want to use on it. Can they?

Bolt
07-08-2015, 01:55 PM
Important Update:

Due to unforeseen technical issues, the previous NDA did not capture all of the information we need to add you to the Beta. You will receive another NDA email soon, please sign the NDA again using the new link found on the email or by clicking below:

I received reports of players who did not receive an email. You can click on the link above and you will still be included in the Beta the same as everyone else. Thank you everyone!

Red BD
07-08-2015, 02:00 PM
Checked and not in there

Pretty sure that would be pretty easy. No offense- after all you'll still be beta testing lord knows what when I'm long gone.

bevsxrs
07-08-2015, 04:25 PM
Received my email about 2 hours ago. First email came yesterday

UnabatedDeath
07-08-2015, 04:41 PM
Accidentally put the wrong operating system on one account so redid the nda with correct. Will you send link for both for that account? Forgot my tablet is android...thanks bolt!

Bolt
07-08-2015, 04:54 PM
Accidentally put the wrong operating system on one account so redid the nda with correct. Will you send link for both for that account? Forgot my tablet is android...thanks bolt!

Yes, you should end up receiving both links.

Gr3g
07-08-2015, 05:06 PM
Yes, you should end up receiving both links.

Hey I never got an email and I registered like 10 minutes after you posted here

Bolt
07-08-2015, 05:18 PM
Hey I never got an email and I registered like 10 minutes after you posted here

No email? no problem. Just click on this link:

Red BD
07-08-2015, 06:57 PM
Did get an email, filled it out, redid after Bolt's msg, but reading his last, are we able to do it for another acct we have as well? Not sure I want to, but I do want to know.
Also did signing me up sign up my mighty crew? Only know of one other guy getting it, and he seemed surprised.
Should I send out an alert to the others? Not that most bother with reading... lol

dragon001
07-08-2015, 09:05 PM
Yes, I am wondering as well, NoW has a lot of non US members, but we are trying to get all of our US teammates into this beta. We have always been a IPH team and this sounds like a nice building. How many members do we need?

cooch
07-08-2015, 09:39 PM
Yes, I am wondering as well, NoW has a lot of non US members, but we are trying to get all of our US teammates into this beta. We have always been a IPH team and this sounds like a nice building. How many members do we need?

At least 20... In bolt first post

Jcw9811
07-09-2015, 05:46 AM
At least 20... In bolt first post

He also said that they won't turn teams away if they don't have 20

Bolt
07-09-2015, 09:43 AM
Did get an email, filled it out, redid after Bolt's msg, but reading his last, are we able to do it for another acct we have as well? Not sure I want to, but I do want to know.
Also did signing me up sign up my mighty crew? Only know of one other guy getting it, and he seemed surprised.
Should I send out an alert to the others? Not that most bother with reading... lol

Each participant needs to sign up individually so your crew is not signed up automatically. I encourage you to invite them, there will be a cut-off for when we accept new applicants, most likely this Friday!

Vile Lynn
07-09-2015, 01:35 PM
Are we going to get Uzi's to donate?

What if 20+ don't sign up in a syn?
Can we join other syndicates for the test?

Will syndicates get rewards?

...just curious :)

Dipstik
07-09-2015, 02:34 PM
Minors can sign contracts, but they can also void them at will. They're not binding on the minor. Only a fool enters into a contract that's only enforceable one way.

Dipstik
07-09-2015, 02:35 PM

you should really take note of this, bolt.

Bolt
07-09-2015, 03:30 PM
Are we going to get Uzi's to donate?

What if 20+ don't sign up in a syn?
Can we join other syndicates for the test?

Will syndicates get rewards?

We're planning on giving out lots of Uzis, not 100% confirmed yet (worse case scenario they need to be bought).
If you do not have enough to hit 20+ members I suggest merging with other syndicates for the Beta. That kind of operation can probably be coordinated on the Beta-only forum.

There won't be syndicate specific rewards.

you should really take note of this, bolt.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances2/500x/672315.jpg

Dipstik
07-09-2015, 03:35 PM
http://cdn.meme.am/instances2/500x/672315.jpg

I like you.

Bolt
07-09-2015, 05:00 PM
Update:

We are targeting next week for the Beta, as soon as I can confirm the date and time I will update this thread. The cut-off to sign up for the Beta is tomorrow July 10th at 12pm PDT. If you have not signed up by then we will not be able to add you to the Beta so don't delay!

Pyrowoman
07-12-2015, 09:24 AM
yeah i filled out my first NDA never recieved the second till after cut off dates sad!!

Gr3g
07-12-2015, 09:35 AM
Update:

We are targeting next week for the Beta, as soon as I can confirm the date and time I will update this thread. The cut-off to sign up for the Beta is tomorrow July 10th at 12pm PDT. If you have not signed up by then we will not be able to add you to the Beta so don't delay!

Hey Bolt I sent you a PM please look into it thanks :)

drummerjunkie
07-12-2015, 10:23 PM

You live on the moon! WiFi costs $100k per minute, try and be more understanding

Bolt
07-13-2015, 10:56 AM
Update:

Barring any unforeseen delays, the Beta will start on Wednesday July 15th at 11am PDT and end on Friday July 17th 11am PDT. This is subject to change but it is the current goal. As always, I will post updates on this thread. The beta-only subforum will be opened for posting later today or tomorrow.

TheWarthog
07-13-2015, 11:25 AM
I signed up for the Beta email and decided not to fill out the 2nd NDA. Enjoy the Beta. I'd say "let us know how it goes", but that's against the rules. :-)

nazgul
07-13-2015, 11:26 AM
Update:

Barring any unforeseen delays, the Beta will start on Wednesday July 15th at 11am PDT and end on Friday July 17th 11am PDT. This is subject to change but it is the current goal. As always, I will post updates on this thread. The beta-only subforum will be opened for posting later today or tomorrow.

What should we do if we signed up but never received an e-mail?

Rickdee
07-13-2015, 12:05 PM

Good question- Same here

Bolt
07-13-2015, 12:45 PM

I posted a link to the NDA on Wednesday, if you clicked on it and signed before Friday 12pm PDT you will still be in the Beta:

http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?116700-Raid-Boss-Beta-coming-soon-be-a-part-of-the-development-process!&p=1518964&viewfull=1#post1518964

Anyone who did not sign up by then will not have a Beta account and therefore not be able to participate.

NBAfan
07-13-2015, 12:47 PM
When should we be getting the email with the link to download the beta?

Bolt
07-13-2015, 02:00 PM
The Beta-only sub-forum is now open! If you signed the NDA and created an account before Friday July 10th 12pm PDT, you should have access to the sub-forum. You will find it under Forums>Crime City>Crime City Beta. Remember to keep all conversations about the Beta on the Beta sub-forum.

When should we be getting the email with the link to download the beta?

The email is scheduled to go out on Wednesday. I will provide more details as we approach the date.

Dipstik
07-13-2015, 02:14 PM
I don't see a subforum for the beta. I filled out the NDA twice. Is it linked to our forum account automatically? Do I need to log out or something?

Bolt
07-13-2015, 02:49 PM
I don't see a subforum for the beta. I filled out the NDA twice. Is it linked to our forum account automatically? Do I need to log out or something?

Access to the sub-forum is granted to any account with an email address that signed the NDA. If you signed the NDA and it matches your forum email you should be in.

Vile Lynn
07-13-2015, 03:34 PM
]Access to the sub-forum is granted to any account with an email address that signed the NDA. If you signed the NDA and it matches your forum email you should be in.

Hi Bolt, PM sent... my forum email & NDA email do not match and I cannot change it here for some reason; I tried.

Please help. Thanks.

Dipstik
07-13-2015, 03:40 PM
My emails match. No sub forum.

Bolt
07-13-2015, 05:45 PM
Hi Bolt, PM sent... my forum email & NDA email do not match and I cannot change it here for some reason; I tried.

Please help. Thanks.
Replied.

My emails match. No sub forum.

According to the data, your forum email was not used to sign the NDA. Send me a private message if you wish to go into detail.

Vile Lynn
07-13-2015, 05:53 PM
Thanks Bolt... replied, too.

Update: Thank you for your help with my forum account, Bolt! You're the best! :cool:

Jcw9811
07-13-2015, 06:35 PM
Vile Lynn. I'm guessing u will just have to make a new account

Jcw9811
07-13-2015, 06:40 PM
Question for bolt. Right now I registered both my accounts to do the beta, but only have 1 forum account. Will that be sufficent to use for the beta forum for both my accounts or should I make another forum account and post separately?

Dipstik
07-14-2015, 06:56 AM
I sent you a PM yesterday, Bolt... any idea how I get into the beta subforum?

Foty
07-14-2015, 07:08 AM
Same here. I don't see the beta sub forum

Foty
07-14-2015, 07:10 AM
I have a different email here than my cc account and can't change it.

ghetto69143
07-14-2015, 07:43 AM
Question for bolt. Right now I registered both my accounts to do the beta, but only have 1 forum account. Will that be sufficent to use for the beta forum for both my accounts or should I make another forum account and post separately?

I was gonna a ask the same thing, Bolt.
2 differ devices, 2 different emails
I have this forum acct, and should I set up another forum acct on 2nd device / 2nd acct?

sister morphine
07-14-2015, 07:57 AM
I was gonna a ask the same thing, Bolt.
2 differ devices, 2 different emails
I have this forum acct, and should I set up another forum acct on 2nd device / 2nd acct?
Why on earth would you do that. You are the same person playing both accounts presumably, or do you have some weird split personality. :)

polly
07-14-2015, 09:07 AM
I signed up for this with 2 accounts. Not sure if I got them on the second NDA.

I have not received any message, nothing about the beta testing. Maybe my email was different than what I use here?

Still waiting for a reply from bolt about it.

I figure I am out. And now my team is let down.

Jcw9811
07-14-2015, 11:18 AM
Why on earth would you do that. You are the same person playing both accounts presumably, or do you have some weird split personality. :)

Didn't know if they wanted to keep feedback split based on which device u were playing on. Also some people have a android and iOS device so I'm sure not everything will be the exact same between the two

Jcw9811
07-14-2015, 11:19 AM
So bolt down to 24 hours until the start of beta are we ever going to get emails with the link to download the beta or are we going to have a delay and have it postponed just like every other new thing you decide to come out with??

legalious
07-14-2015, 11:23 AM
So bolt down to 24 hours until the start of beta are we ever going to get emails with the link to download the beta or are we going to have a delay and have it postponed just like every other new thing you decide to come out with??

A few posts back Bolt already answered this question.

The email is scheduled to go out on Wednesday. I will provide more details as we approach the date.

Jcw9811
07-14-2015, 11:31 AM
A few posts back Bolt already answered this question.

I see this now, but when he originally posted that post it did not read that. Some people don't actually re-read each post every day. So would have made a little more sense to make a new post rather than update a post

Bolt
07-14-2015, 05:06 PM
Update: Due to some last minute technical challenges, we need to postpone the Beta until early next week. This will help ensure that everything is working as it should and that it is a more stable build. As soon as I have confirmation I will update this thread and let you know the date and time.

We hope to release the Beta client early, before the Raid Boss event starts, but that may or may not happen. Thank you and I will keep you posted.

One forum account will suffice. You can note any differences in your experience from the same account and also on the post-beta survey.

polly
07-14-2015, 07:45 PM
If its postponed, is it possible for those of us who did not get the second NDA signed to have another chance to sign up?

Rodimus
07-15-2015, 06:25 AM
Great, I had I feeling that the beta wasn't ready for deployment. I'm still waiting on the reply to get my forum e-mail changed from support.

Bolt
07-15-2015, 10:40 AM
If its postponed, is it possible for those of us who did not get the second NDA signed to have another chance to sign up?

Unfortunately the database with beta accounts is already set for this Beta.

Great, I had I feeling that the beta wasn't ready for deployment. I'm still waiting on the reply to get my forum e-mail changed from support.

Send me a private message here on the forum and I will look into it. I've been taking care of any forum account needs.

Vile Lynn
07-16-2015, 03:14 PM
Roughly, how many signed up for RB Beta?

Noelle
07-20-2015, 04:25 PM
So is there still gonna be an RB beta?

Vile Lynn
07-20-2015, 04:46 PM
So is there still gonna be an RB beta?

Nobody knows yet.

Welcome to the forum, Noelle! :)

AdamVD
07-22-2015, 10:17 AM
Beta is released but still not working any info would be great.

SollyLlama
07-22-2015, 02:02 PM
At least one of our syn members got it to work. I get a "network not available. check internet connection" error.

Reply from Gree is pending.

jfgarzon
07-22-2015, 02:21 PM
Who knows if we will ever ger an awnser from gree

Eamorrthom
07-22-2015, 04:50 PM
Is anyone else having a problem with opening it up and you are at level one??

is1j
07-23-2015, 08:39 AM
It is working for me. Have downloaded and logged into beta. However there are no goals so far - just random bosses to summon

Jcw9811
07-23-2015, 08:55 AM
It is working for me. Have downloaded and logged into beta. However there are no goals so far - just random bosses to summon

There were goals, I'm guessing the syn u joined finished them before u got there

Cmurphy
07-23-2015, 09:15 AM
Can't log in to beta just keeps retrying

Ant venom
07-23-2015, 09:55 AM
I find GREE kind of funny, come up with a plan and ditch it completely and make sure it is forgotten by also firing the Community Managers so to stop giving updates and whatnot then ditch the game.

altere
07-23-2015, 11:01 AM
followed instructions, downloaded Beta, installed, got logged in. Are accounts not transferred yet because I started out as a new player at level 1.

is1j
07-23-2015, 01:16 PM
Well, I had a chance to test this beta a bit and found the proposed structure extremely disappointing. Not sure if we are allowed to start discussing it here but enough to say that it looks like a poorly disguised attempt to generate more cash spending by players.

Dipstik
07-23-2015, 01:25 PM
No, we can't discuss it yet.

cooch
07-23-2015, 01:36 PM
Stop posting in here and move to the beta chat forum. You can't discuss this beta at all no matter how happy or unhappy you are with beta event in public.

Seany527
07-23-2015, 01:45 PM
I signed both agreements that were sent and never got an email to join the beta. Oh well.

is1j
07-23-2015, 01:55 PM
Stop posting in here and move to the beta chat forum. You can't discuss this beta at all no matter how happy or unhappy you are with beta event in public.

Where is beta chat forum? I do not recall receiving a link.

kids
07-23-2015, 04:15 PM
Well, I had a chance to test this beta a bit and found the proposed structure extremely disappointing. Not sure if we are allowed to start discussing it here but enough to say that it looks like a poorly disguised attempt to generate more cash spending by players.

Oh ****...
Hope it's been an 'the old team' development
Try next - put it on the globe

Jcw9811
07-23-2015, 05:24 PM
Where is beta chat forum? I do not recall receiving a link.

It's in the crime city section of the forum where the general location is also which is this part of the forum. No one got the link, but it was posted here. Shouldn't have to hold your hand to show you where it is

is1j
07-23-2015, 07:46 PM
It's in the crime city section of the forum where the general location is also which is this part of the forum. No one got the link, but it was posted here. Shouldn't have to hold your hand to show you where it is

No need to be snarky. Anyway, it does not matter any more since this beta is over and Gree is not interested in feedback.

Dipstik
07-23-2015, 07:50 PM
Not that I think that NDA has any teeth anyway, but you agreed not to talk about any non-public information until it's been made public.

Portnoy
07-23-2015, 10:42 PM
Never signed an NDA....not in the U.S....so don't care....lsaw the stupid event through ss.....utter garbage.....bin it ASAP and get me my normal RB back so I can have a shred of fun after EB...SA....EB....SA....EB.....crap.....

Dipstik
07-23-2015, 10:49 PM
So in other words you have no idea what the new raid boss is like?

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/162/940/facepalm-pony.jpg

Noelle
07-23-2015, 11:08 PM
Nobody knows yet.

Welcome to the forum, Noelle! :)

Thanks vile Lynn saw the email from gree today I guess they didn't release the beta to Android users

Portnoy
07-23-2015, 11:14 PM
I wish I didn't Dipstik.....but unfortunately the screenshots were too detailed...more like Beta RB for dummies....

sister morphine
07-24-2015, 12:28 AM
Thanks vile Lynn saw the email from gree today I guess they didn't release the beta to Android users
I saw a screen saying the Android beta was cancelled for "unforeseen technical reasons".

Asymmetric
07-24-2015, 09:19 AM
As far as the NDA is concerned, it's pretty clear that a very large number of people just completely ignored it, even after having been reminded that they agreed to it, by how many screenshots and how much detailed discussion there is in the various chat apps used by CC players. if someone were to want to find out anything about the beta it is extremely easy to find. I would be willing to bet that I would be able to give an informed, accurate review of the beta without having spent 1 second in it.

Winnson
07-24-2015, 10:17 AM
You just can't trust anyone anymore.

gunny22
08-01-2015, 06:48 AM
Didn't see many changes in the rb we just had. Guess the one from this beta did not made it in production?

sister morphine
08-01-2015, 08:08 AM
Didn't see many changes in the rb we just had. Guess the one from this beta did not made it in production?
It might be too soon for that, but I certainly hope the farce we just had wasn't an indication of how things will be. Two plus days of total frustration.