PDA

View Full Version : My Review of the Latest Epic Boss

Pidgeot
06-26-2015, 03:11 PM
With the return of Epic Boss after many cycles, we knew something would change and those changes would make the event unplayable for a large amount of players. Well, we were wrongs. For the most part, all players who are active and play the game, were able to either get close to Boss 100, and would require little gold or outright finish it for free. I feel this was the most fair for the most players and many would agree. The level of difficulty was good. As for bosses over 100, the difficulty ramps up very quickly to the point to where each boss (those over 125ish) goes up trillions at a time. I was able to get to 137 for free, which is where I stopped because it wasn't worth it to finish. This level is clearly not for me or a lot of other players.

The problem with this boss event was the loot and prizes given. It was too small. Even at the highest prize table, like 4 units I could get would add to my army stats. Most units I could buy also dont add to my army so I have no way to get stronger to try and do more damage. If the prize loot table were better, then this would have been much better for all players because for me at least, I would go 5 or 6 bosses before a usable unit would drop, meaning bosses were getting much harder but I was not being rewarded. The 4m units should have been at least 22m units up to 60m units for the rares, though I can see why it wasn't. As for the case of new accounts, while they have it much easier in MW than CC, but a new account can get to maybe boss 23 to 30, if they get good loot drops, which one of my accounts did. The first 6 bosses dropped rares, which were over 1m in stats. It helps weaker accounts grow but this is almost undone by high boss health.

The 11 day goals is a monster. Most of us blew our load quickly on the first day, assuming we could finish for free and then try to farm bosses for the rest of the 11 days. Yeah the loot sucked but we still did it. The first 100 bosses were deceptively easy, then when we got to the later bosses, about 115 or so, we saw that bar stop moving. Having some information from GREE on boss health would have prevented this and I feel they should have given some data since we had to do this for 11 days straight to get the wrapper unit. Given that this was 11 days long, the amount of kills needed from the start should have been reduced from he start to compensate. Day on bosses should have been at least 50 kills, at most 100 kills with day 11 asking maybe 600 kills, this way the company can expect its players to maintain a pace of play.

For those who did follow some kind of strategy for each day, (our faction did), most should have been able to get to day 8 or 9 easy, since most players could take down almost 110 bosses for free, and with a 60 player faction, that is 6600 kill available, just split that up between the 11 days needed, which ask for 6,050 kills. Now, I know not all faction could kill 110 easily but players with billions of attack were able to at least get to boss 100. The goal was doable for well organized factions but pretty much all factions needed 60 players. As for the 11 day goal, it was way too long. I feel the requirements should have been at least 5 days with the remaining time trying to finish bosses at our own rate. It was just too tedious at the end to make kills.

The only other problem with the event was the cost to finish versus the reward. Let it be said I, as well as many other players could have finished boss 150 but the reward was just not worth the money. 2% alliance defense isn't want we want anymore. I would have payed if it were building, health (decent health regen) and or energy related, and that was a large factor in determining if I finished.

Overall, I feel the event was completely doable for most players around my stat tier and lower and those who were much stronger were able to get further. The biggest con to the event were loot prizes and milestone rewards, as well as how long the daily goals ran.

What do you guys think about this boss event. I know not all could get to boss 100 but this is the most fair its been in a while and rewards the active players and those who play for the team.

J1mcrane
06-26-2015, 03:56 PM
Great review bro!

I really enjoyed it, it made for some good fun within our faction, yes it was immense, the 11 days nearly broke me, but, above all it was challenging, which gave a certain element of achievement!

Managed to go free up to 149 and 99 on my mini, which was pretty good luck.

redvenge99
06-26-2015, 06:27 PM
I liked this format. Rewards were fine for me, not everyone is full of million point units so they worked for me. I finished 115 could have went to 120-130 but a few more units wasnt worth my time. It was a good team event where everyone had to pull it together to succeed.also like how the bosses could be summoned quicker ( or so it seemed to me)

J-manKometh96
06-26-2015, 07:01 PM
Summon time was the same, so maybe you saw some reduced lag. Or it's been so long, you just forgot how short it was (sounds like something my wife would tell me).

Brown Out
06-26-2015, 07:21 PM
I reached level 110 using one free hit.
Strength of the Epic Boss increased quickly after that.
Three cash hits to level 130
Four cash hits to 140
Then one cash hit, wait 14 minutes, do two cash hits. And repeat.

Brown Out
06-26-2015, 07:23 PM
Finished level 150 on day five. Didn't farm anymore because it's not worth leveling up.

Jg48
06-26-2015, 08:30 PM
Finished all for free.

And yes gree still sucks

crazeejay
06-26-2015, 09:32 PM
Stopped at 140 after day 2 and enjoyed 9 days of nothing. Don`t really care

Cuombajj
06-27-2015, 09:49 AM
Million dollar question is: Why was Epic Boss event down for 2 months? I though it would come back revamped. Instead it just became harder and 10+ days. Probably like an hour for developer to change...

Pidgeot
06-27-2015, 10:46 AM
Million dollar question is: Why was Epic Boss event down for 2 months? I though it would come back revamped. Instead it just became harder and 10+ days. Probably like an hour for developer to change...

I think thats the reason. They said something about not being able to make the boss health over 2.147b due to code issues and with attack so high, you can see the problem. I guess they just fixed it.

Cuombajj
06-29-2015, 12:19 AM
I think thats the reason. They said something about not being able to make the boss health over 2.147b due to code issues and with attack so high, you can see the problem. I guess they just fixed it.

Hmm correct me if I'm wrong but I think we had an event before where this was fixed and health was higher. Before the march madness. And then in march it went back to 2.1bil, that's why so many farmed it. Well anyway, doesn't really matter... :)

Pidgeot
06-29-2015, 12:36 AM
Hmm correct me if I'm wrong but I think we had an event before where this was fixed and health was higher. Before the march madness. And then in march it went back to 2.1bil, that's why so many farmed it. Well anyway, doesn't really matter... :)

I think the code they had in place reduced your attack stat the higher you go but no one really knows.

groovy shags
06-29-2015, 05:07 AM
The 11 day goals is a monster. Most of us blew our load quickly on the first day, assuming we could finish for free and then try to farm bosses for the rest of the 11 days. Yeah the loot sucked but we still did it.

For those who did follow some kind of strategy for each day, (our faction did), most should have been able to get to day 8 or 9 easy, since most players could take down almost 110 bosses for free, and with a 60 player faction, that is 6600 kill available, just split that up between the 11 days needed, which ask for 6,050 kills.

I don't understand if you had a strategy from the beginning. Was load blowing on day one part of it? Or did you guys come up with a post load blowing strategy? Thanks in advance!

Pidgeot
06-29-2015, 11:29 AM
I don't understand if you had a strategy from the beginning. Was load blowing on day one part of it? Or did you guys come up with a post load blowing strategy? Thanks in advance!

I only did what I did because I wanted to know how far I could get. its was also to help pass information along. Everyone else stuck to a kill limit per day. Thank God for minis, right?

Bolt
06-29-2015, 11:51 AM
Thank you for the review, that was very informative.

Pidgeot
06-29-2015, 03:20 PM
Thank you for the review, that was very informative.

Not a problem, I do what I do to help.

Helios Von Elisar
06-30-2015, 04:37 AM
It was good for 7 days. I made it to 125, then it became to hard to kill the boss for cash hit's. The last 4 days were great, I didn't have anything to do so I hung out with friends. Can we have a 14 day EB next?

plavine
06-30-2015, 05:41 PM
I got to 91 - highest ever - bummed out I couldn't get farther - but it was one of the more enjoyable epic boss events - now just fix the raid boss so that non top 100 guilds can get past boss 50 and we will be getting someplace