PDA

View Full Version : Preferential Treatment?

SpartanPhalanx
06-24-2015, 06:58 PM
How do we explain the following? -

Three genuine cases -

Player 1 - redeemed 235 Gold Keys - received 231 Rares, 2SR, 2UR.

Player 2 - redeemed 15 Gold Keys - received 10 Rares, 2UR, 3 Epics.

Player 3 - redeemed 45 Gold Keys - received 45 Epics, all Styx.

The last player admits to being a big spender.

There was a time when Gree asserted that the Gold Keys were random. That is obviously no longer the case.

If big spenders are being given preferential treatment, why don't Gree simply announce that so we all know exactly where we stand?

SpartanPhalanx
06-25-2015, 02:31 PM
Those 3 examples are from the testimony of friends in a League Of War Chatroom.

The third player, who received the 45 Epics, is so worried that he might be accused of cheating that he has sent Gree a Ticket about what happened.

Lolsies
06-25-2015, 03:09 PM
How do we explain the following? -

Three genuine cases -

Player 1 - redeemed 235 Gold Keys - received 231 Rares, 2SR, 2UR.

Player 2 - redeemed 15 Gold Keys - received 10 Rares, 2UR, 3 Epics.

Player 3 - redeemed 45 Gold Keys - received 45 Epics, all Styx.

The last player admits to being a big spender.

There was a time when Gree asserted that the Gold Keys were random. That is obviously no longer the case.

If big spenders are being given preferential treatment, why don't Gree simply announce that so we all know exactly where we stand?

Well, no company would say 'BTW, all favouring is going to the spender, don't bother playing if you don't spend.' Based on your statistics, this may be the case, but I would suggest mabye going a bit further into depth and getting more players to 'submit' their results to you for you to make sure that this trend is constant.

SpartanPhalanx
06-25-2015, 05:18 PM
I only cite those 3 examples, but I have heard many more of a similar nature. There does seem to be a strong tendency for the big spenders to get a much better return from the Gold Keys. Although, to be absolutely fair, I have heard of some non-spenders getting quite lucky as well.

I am not really criticising Gree too much for this. It is entirely understandable that they would want to encourage big spenders. But perhaps they should spell it out a bit clearer - the more you spend, the luckier you will get!

Ratma2001
06-28-2015, 03:53 PM
I have opened more than 235 Gold keys and have gotten similar to Player 1 ...I have been saving my keys then opening in batches....still no Epic...I used to be in Top 1000 in power now its a joke...been stalemate for past 3 months dropped down to 6,000 in power because the so called Chance is somewhat askew from reality !, im not the only person in my guild that has noticed this..and have to Agree with Spartan on the above...I think this also is why we are not having Wars as the playing field is too broad with players no compatable....how can I play against someone that has Maxed out an Epic...I cant its useless ....I spend $$ ..from time to time but haven't since the last 2 months..as no Epics have come my way...this is a case of the Bigger get bigger and those below have to suffer with what they already have... we cant even evolve them anymore because they keep changing the names...my squad is useless !
Gree need to make Epics available with Gold or chests ? something.....I have been reluctant to play lately as each time I open chests I know it will be Rare !...let alone an SR or even UR...
Gree you have split this game the wrong way.......big spenders get Epics...low spenders get a kick in the teeth whilst you take our money for a useless item and smile while your doing it !...maybe just make an Epic Chest !

drgnknt
06-29-2015, 06:47 PM
The last few months I have spent big, and have received some epics. Not even close to the above mentioned. I have also decided the return on investment is too poor, to continue the spending rate.

SpartanPhalanx
06-29-2015, 09:32 PM
I am puzzled by the mentality of the Big Spenders. Ok, so you spend thousands of dollars and eventually assemble the very best squad possible - and then what? What is there left to play for?

Striker1111
06-30-2015, 02:39 PM
Getting 6 of each new Epic of course. Really though I finally got a pretty decent Epic squad and the game is no where near as fun to play as it was first starting out struggling through the campaign. Now even the 30th Invasion mission isn't tough anymore though if they made it harder then no one would be able to finish. If they ramp up the difficulty for the all epic squads then anyone without them can't play anymore so it's kind of a messy situation. I know plenty of top guys in my alliance who have quit out of boredom so people getting epics regularly aren't happy either.

SpartanPhalanx
06-30-2015, 10:07 PM
But if you are prepared to spend big, then you don't even need to play the Events to win the latest Epic, you just wait for it to appear in the Gold Chests and then buy as many as you want.

And as you say, having a massively powerful squad must be very boring - just click on 10x Auto and wait for the win.

I am doing it the hard way. Slow but steady progress. Gradually building a strong Battle Group. Very frustrating at times, but I am gaining experience of every aspect of the game.

SpartanPhalanx
06-30-2015, 10:15 PM
By the way, Gree, that does not mean that a little bit of "preferential treatment" every now and again would be unwelcome.

Ratma2001
07-01-2015, 04:00 PM
so used 47 Gold keys last night and on last 7 opens I FINALLY got an EPIC !.......worth the wait ...not really , but still an Epic......have to say looks a bit Daft with its Huge missle on the little body

SpartanPhalanx
07-01-2015, 07:25 PM
so used 47 Gold keys last night and on last 7 opens I FINALLY got an EPIC !.......worth the wait ...not really , but still an Epic......have to say looks a bit Daft with its Huge missle on the little body
Yes, that Trishula looks absolutely ridiculous. What were they on when they designed that?

Anyway - congratulations.

Ratma2001
07-02-2015, 03:21 AM
Thanks mate..been a long time coming that's for sure....but they say the first step is the hardest ........I think
yep totally agree looks like puke recycled

RockyTop
07-03-2015, 02:06 PM
Well I have 2 Epic units.... They are pretty good but still can't get all of invasion done!!!!!

Striker1111
07-06-2015, 10:38 AM
I haven't been paying much attention to it but several of the guys in the leader boards are in my Alliance and they say that the points to win are dropping each event cause people are losing interest. They don't do it for the rewards mostly just so our alliance is towards the top of the list.

Sorry Ratma your first Epic was the Trishula since it's one of the weakest ones out there but it still has some good use thanks to that range. Sure is ugly though and I hate that the best unit is the Zade which is pretty ugly too. The giant wheel on the back mixed with the forward tracks look isn't very cool. Just give the thing some normal wheels and give the Sahure V family nothing but tracks and they'd look better.

SpartanPhalanx
07-06-2015, 08:55 PM
While playing PvP it is surprising how often you encounter a very strong squad, with 2 or 3 Epics, which has obviously been abandoned. None of the units have been trained up to the new levels following the most recent upgrade.

And one of the strongest players, a renowned Big Spender, Mad Aussie Dee, has announced that he is quitting the game.

We need more variety. Boss, Invasion, Boss, Invasion becomes boring after a while.

Give us more Alliance Wars.

Extend the Campaign and the Star Challenge.

Please, Gree, save the game.

Gonthrox
07-09-2015, 10:04 AM
We need more variety. Boss, Invasion, Boss, Invasion becomes boring after a while.

I can't agree more.

BaziOne
07-12-2015, 07:57 PM
Even putting the old PvP event back in the rotation would be an improvement

SpartanPhalanx
07-12-2015, 10:59 PM
Even putting the old PvP event back in the rotation would be an improvement

I definitely agree. That shouldn't be at all difficult for them to do very quickly.

Ratma2001
07-17-2015, 04:05 AM
While playing PvP it is surprising how often you encounter a very strong squad, with 2 or 3 Epics, which has obviously been abandoned. None of the units have been trained up to the new levels following the most recent upgrade.

And one of the strongest players, a renowned Big Spender, Mad Aussie Dee, has announced that he is quitting the game.

Indeed this has become the normal now, with a good part of most players only logging on every few days to keep things ticking over, I know my game time has now dropped to once every 3 days....just plain boring..same old same old...they need to bring back the wars..but then again I couldn't win anything if I tried, have gone backwards with out even trying...shame really

SpartanPhalanx
07-17-2015, 07:30 AM
Yes, I remember the time when I could win 4SR and 2UR in the one Event with a squad of Rares. But now, with a squad of Epics and UR, I am lucky if I can win one SR.

Gree needs to consider the morale of us players. We need to feel that we are making progress. Frustration, because the Events are now too difficult, and constant disappointment from the Gold Keys, is turning people off the game.

bradleyk
07-17-2015, 03:37 PM
I'm not a paying player...here's my normal squad with level:
The Common Interest - 65 (epic)
Scheherazade I - 35 (epic)
Silent Swan - 35 (epic)
Trishula I - 45 (epic)
Ideal Defender - 60 (Ultra Rare)
Pugio - 60 (Ultra Rare)

Not sure why I've been so lucky. I do play quite often and do my best to get as many gold keys as possible.

In addition, I have the following Ultra Rare units:
Agrippina - 30
Araska - 30
Astyages - 50
Attalus - 50
Collective Struggle - 40
Commoner's Revenge - 50
Cretheus - 30
Fumigator - 30
Gae Bulge - 30
Hyperion - 40
Lenin's Reach - 40
Lysimachus I - 50
Raiynin's Defense - 50
Steel Citizen - 30
Yunan IV - 30

SpartanPhalanx
07-18-2015, 07:46 PM
How long have you been playing? What Level are you on?

That is a very good line-up. I have heard of other such examples. But you are the exception and not the rule.

Generally speaking, Big Spenders seem to be luckier with the Gold Keys than the rest of us.

SpartanPhalanx
07-18-2015, 07:52 PM
Of course, if, in my next batch of Gold Keys, I were to pick up a few Epics, then that would completely disprove my theory. (Hint)

bradleyk
07-18-2015, 08:19 PM
I've been playing a little over a year. I remember the days when a couple Reaping Truth tanks and a Hastatus Prime were king. I also remember sometimes getting an SR unit with a silver key (am I rememberin that right?).
I'm currently on level 303.

bradleyk
07-18-2015, 08:20 PM
SwirlingEddy... I'm in your friends list

SpartanPhalanx
07-18-2015, 11:17 PM
Oh, right, SwirlingEddy, I've got you now.

Your memory is good. Silver Keys were really worth getting back then because of that chance of an occasional SR. And going back even further I am sure I got an SR from a Bronze Key on one occasion. But Gree have put a stop to all of that now.

The Reaping Truth was my main tank for many months. I still have 3 maxed ones gathering dust in Storage.

Ah - the good old days.

Striker1111
07-20-2015, 08:36 AM
Silver used to give the very occasional UR as well. I do miss the good old days when tactics could win and a well deployed rare squad could compete against a few UR's or SR's. I remember the good old UC Thesus being the best Lenin killer with it's 35 range. Now an UC can barely scratch a rare let alone an UR. The campaign used to be the best part grinding forward with UC's and Rares trying to beat the all invincible Orontes with a few Reaping Truths. Wish it could be challenging like that again.

Ratma2001
07-20-2015, 10:52 PM
Silver used to give the very occasional UR as well. I do miss the good old days when tactics could win and a well deployed rare squad could compete against a few UR's or SR's. I remember the good old UC Thesus being the best Lenin killer with it's 35 range. Now an UC can barely scratch a rare let alone an UR. The campaign used to be the best part grinding forward with UC's and Rares trying to beat the all invincible Orontes with a few Reaping Truths. Wish it could be challenging like that again.

Those were indeed the TOP GUN (Best of the Best) ...shame really, all of Gree's other games have taken the same path.......massive spikes in units and power...for the rich..and the struggling have to struggle even more!
Whats the good of Common and Uncommon and throw in the Rares also ?? and now the SR'S, they are but insignificant waste of time...even new player don't want them !
Gree need to increase C and UC up to a more UR level if they wish to continue this.....or make it a WAR Weekend with only Common and Uncommon units...throw it in the bag and shake!!