PDA

View Full Version : June is almost over. When exactly is this game going to die?

Helios Von Elisar
06-23-2015, 04:17 AM
Still waiting. June has come and almost gone. For months all we heard from the trolls was "This game will be dead in June."

I am still playing - even though the stat inflation killed the game.

I'm growing at a steady pace and should break a trillion Attack in the next week or two in this dead game.

I am working on boss 125, most in our faction have taken down boss 100. It gets tough after that, but that's another thread to complain on. I'm enjoying the 11 days of EB, it means I can take my time killing them.

Timer just went off, time to hit the boss before he escapes. Or the game dies....

carl9764
06-23-2015, 05:12 AM
Well said mate I still like this game unlike others and sometimes wish they would keep their comments away

bam bam.
06-23-2015, 06:33 AM
Look at participation it is way down. It may not die exactly but I would call it very sick. The whales at the top keep the funds coming in the lights stay on while that is happening.

J-manKometh96
06-23-2015, 06:47 AM
I just commented in another thread on that. We are looking at a reduction of 75-90% in the last 9 months. It's certainly not in good shape.

chad1122
06-23-2015, 08:33 AM
That's what happens when you continue to raise the bar and new players can't even have fun playing. But I'm sure some think that newly made minis are actually new people to the game lol.

truthteller
06-23-2015, 09:38 AM
Still waiting. June has come and almost gone. For months all we heard from the trolls was "This game will be dead in June."

I am still playing - even though the stat inflation killed the game.

I'm growing at a steady pace and should break a trillion Attack in the next week or two in this dead game.

I am working on boss 125, most in our faction have taken down boss 100. It gets tough after that, but that's another thread to complain on. I'm enjoying the 11 days of EB, it means I can take my time killing them.

Timer just went off, time to hit the boss before he escapes. Or the game dies....

This game will die as soon as SUP and WARRIORs stop buying gold

bam bam.
06-23-2015, 09:40 AM
This game will die as soon as SUP and WARRIORs stop buying gold

Pretty much, if they went on strike for 2 cycles the game would die

k-9
06-23-2015, 10:27 AM
The thread title piqued my interest so I thought I'd stop in.
I was wondering this very thing just the other day.
I'm also curious, and I mean no disrespect to anyone. I qualify this because you can't read tone and I don't want anyone thinking I'm anything but sincere. But, to the SUP guys, are you guys just as fed up and bored with this game as, it seems, the masses are? Or do you guys still find it enjoyable?
I've been playing since the beginning and I wanted to add, I liked this game a whole lot better back when.
Sorry for rambling, lol.

Veccster
06-23-2015, 11:07 AM
Look at participation it is way down.

What factors are you using to determine that participation is "way down"? The forums? The GM and Line rooms?

We are looking at a reduction of 75-90% in the last 9 months..

And I would CERTAINLY like to know what calculations you used to determine these number over a 9month period.

Please elaborate.

Yes I've had faction mates retire. It's usually because someone is complaining of burnout or the time investment required. But I've seen retirements ever since I started this game nearly 3 years ago. People come, people go. Unless these 2 commenters above have information on the number of new players joining the game, then I think things are just fine.

truthteller
06-23-2015, 11:43 AM
What factors are you using to determine that participation is "way down"? The forums? The GM and Line rooms?

And I would CERTAINLY like to know what calculations you used to determine these number over a 9month period.

Please elaborate.

Yes I've had faction mates retire. It's usually because someone is complaining of burnout or the time investment required. But I've seen retirements ever since I started this game nearly 3 years ago. People come, people go. Unless these 2 commenters above have information on the number of new players joining the game, then I think things are just fine.

I can tell for sure that the leaderboard is a good place to look at participation being down
1- FL just ended and I think there were only 3,008 "factions" in the rankings, even though prizes were listed for top "8,000" factions
2- from the beginning of "times" WD, I think we have like 20,000 in ranking, now days, I think it is just over 4,000 "factions" on the leaderboard, and out of those, 3,500 are under 1 million points and many of those "factions" are just 1 man army
3- box event leaderboard, is also down, I think last one, you needed like 1 or 2 items to be top 1000

4- EB well most factions manage to get to 100 bosses and finish at least 4 or 5 days of the daily goals, after that, event is pretty much dead for most players
5- RB, well this one is dead from the start for most, I think now days, what people do is, finish easy and normal just to get the units for the wrapper, then jump to those factions doing prestige and masters to hit and work on their wrapper

So basically we have the same 100 factions trying to actually complete or able to complete all events.

and if you look at GM and other chat app, there are daily ton of "advertisments" regarding............."looking for recruits"...............or "looking for mergers"
and many of those are from top 100 factions, so their members either, retire, move down in rank or were there only for 1 or 2 cycles and move on

So I think there is plenty of "evidence" to support that participation is down

J-manKometh96
06-23-2015, 12:53 PM
Certainly I make no claims that any of the numbers are fully accurate. But Truthteller is correct. Using just about all of the available info, but almost entirely based on in game data, a number active accounts in the range of 100-150k was estimated in threads here back in October or so. Using that same info, it looks to be that we are now down by the percentages I've stated. By all means, feel free to work it out for yourself and see if you come up with something vastly different.

tigerlion
06-23-2015, 05:39 PM
Participation is well down for sure. it's usually the players in top factions who don't see it coming, because players leaving are replaced by lower factions players, or minis from players in their own faction. Things are just fine, Veccster? Be prepared for a rude awakening when they'll shut down this game without notice soon. There isn't nearly enough new players to replace the ones quitting. Most of new accounts are made up by minis from remaining players.

good gawd noooo
06-23-2015, 05:42 PM
curious how anyone could not see the obvious signs game is in trouble even if they aren't in forum. no its not dead yet and I have always said game was on borrowed time I never stated june would be its last month.. but if this game was a horse.. it would of been shot as it has two broken legs ....been playing for 3 years or more would love to see them fix it but that's not grees signature move.. and if you read any of the forums for the games gree has since dropped .. long boring tired events followed their end and gree is just trying to maximize profits for lil programming support as possible by running super long events yes still things to do every day they hoping people wil spend gold to complete but they also saving resources for more profitable titles now..... no one can accurately set the date but anyone with eyes open can see its coming

tigerlion
06-23-2015, 05:48 PM
You're right. Some are really blinded by their addiction. So obvious by the last couple of cycles. Boring long events repeating themselves. 11 days EB? Freaking ridiculous. End is coming, maybe not this month, but soon enough.

good gawd noooo
06-23-2015, 05:53 PM
and you know it trouble when you look at game to see whats next and your like omg no not again how long.. really.. do I have too? and that is the reaction from a MW addict like myself that runs 3 ids and has for almost 3 years and loved it.. now each event fills me with dread.. I do whats needed for faction but the ONLY goodthng lately is wd and legendary battles now those are FUN

tigerlion
06-23-2015, 06:02 PM
Same here. I'm an addict and have 3 accounts, but not blind. I see what's going on. You're right, only event fun to play is WD, but even that one is getting long, running 4 days, with battles every hour, for most. Only my addiction and the friends in my faction keeps me going.

Danger Mouse
06-23-2015, 06:19 PM
Some interesting stats from topappcharts.com:

Best Chart Rankings*
#3 in Strategy Games (iPhone) on Feb 19, 2013
#2 in Strategy Games (iPad) on Jun 2, 2013
#1 in Role Playing Games (iPhone) on Jun 28, 2012
#1 in Role Playing Games (iPad) on Jun 28, 2012
#32 in Top Games (iPhone) on Jun 29, 2012
#26 in Top Games (iPad) on Jun 29, 2012
#67 in Top Apps (iPhone) on Jun 9, 2012
#50 in Top Apps (iPad) on Jun 29, 2012

Today's Chart Rankings (June 21 2015)*
#75 in Strategy Games (iPad)
#75 in Role Playing Games (iPad)
#80 in Role Playing Games (iPhone)
#95 in Strategy Games (iPhone)

I'd say the writings on the wall for how much longer it'll be supported over new opportunities.........

good gawd noooo
06-23-2015, 06:24 PM
ty Danger for supplying actual data that confirms what we all been saying

Danger Mouse
06-23-2015, 06:40 PM
This makes interesting viewing as well:

http://https://sensortower.com/ios/us/funzio-inc/app/modern-war/468327549#category-rankings?category=6014&hourly=false&chart_type=grossing&device_type=iphone&countries%5B%5D=US&start_date=2014-01-01&end_date=2015-06-24 (http://sensortower.com/ios/us/funzio-inc/app/modern-war/468327549#category-rankings?category=6014&hourly=false&chart_type=grossing&device_type=iphone&countries%5B%5D=US&start_date=2014-01-01&end_date=2015-06-24)

I'd say that's not the mark of an app doing well, wouldn't you?

Ajk
06-23-2015, 07:09 PM
Great data DMouse. That graph looks like its making a strong comeback though lol.

When will this game die you ask? Dunno, but its dead to me. Two years gold free and finally asked myself, "why bother?" Deleted it last month and haven't looked back. Yet I still look at these forums out of habit. Guess I better work on that some more.

Danger Mouse
06-23-2015, 09:38 PM
Sensor Tower also estimates MW revenue for May at $710K.

To put that in context, they also estimate CoC at $72M and BB at $14M over the same period.

Can't see it staying around much longer when management are looking at those comparisons and wondering how to generate those revenues again.

Just as an interesting aside, MW as a going concern is valued by Sensor at $25M.

Which must be pretty close to the amount PUN/SUP et al have paid into the Gree coffers over the years - so they literally have paid for the game, so might as well own it ;-))))

Cuombajj
06-24-2015, 12:04 AM
Sensor Tower also estimates MW revenue for May at $710K.

To put that in context, they also estimate CoC at $72M and BB at $14M over the same period.

Can't see it staying around much longer when management are looking at those comparisons and wondering how to generate those revenues again.

Just as an interesting aside, MW as a going concern is valued by Sensor at $25M.

Which must be pretty close to the amount PUN/SUP et al have paid into the Gree coffers over the years - so they literally have paid for the game, so might as well own it ;-))))

Funny how CoC not being pay to win game actually nets so much more than MW where gold is essential for gameplay. I said it before, I'll say it again. Make an awesome game and the money will follow. Chase after cents and miss the dollar :)

p.s. Would be awesome if Supercell would buy MW and revive it :)

Danger Mouse
06-24-2015, 02:43 AM
Funny how CoC not being pay to win game actually nets so much more than MW where gold is essential for gameplay. I said it before, I'll say it again. Make an awesome game and the money will follow. Chase after cents and miss the dollar :)

p.s. Would be awesome if Supercell would buy MW and revive it :)

I think the problems actually the opposite. Chase the dollars, miss out on the cents. What would you rather have, 500 players paying 1000 dollars, or 100,000 players paying $10???

groovy shags
06-24-2015, 02:55 AM
Not sure when it's dying, but when I opened my game today, it was still stuck on the epic boss event. It has been this way for 9 days now I think. Anyone else's game stuck on this event? Any help is appreciated.

East Coast Bias
06-24-2015, 03:28 AM
K
Participation is well down for sure. it's usually the players in top factions who don't see it coming, because players leaving are replaced by lower factions players, or minis from players in their own faction. Things are just fine, Veccster? Be prepared for a rude awakening when they'll shut down this game without notice soon. There isn't nearly enough new players to replace the ones quitting. Most of new accounts are made up by minis from remaining players.

I must respectfully disagree. It's usually the players in the top factions who do see what's going on. Remember that they tend to have multiple accounts and play at various levels, including top 10. So they are the ones who typically see what's happening earlier without inside knowledge from Gree.

Helios Von Elisar
06-24-2015, 04:56 AM
Sure, it's going to die eventually, all apps do. But it's not happening this month, to the dismay of many. If I continue to play, I imagine I can be tapping merrily away at Xmas time. I've tried several other games, I'm doing a couple others now. But so far, nothing I've tried has been as good as MW. I used to think Gree was greedy until I tried Game of War, now they don't seem so bad.

I've had good times with this game and still do. I'm sure the trolls at one time did also. Maybe they spent too much money. Or they spent so much time in the game they messed up their life. For what ever reason, they choose to come here now and complain about everything they can in hopes someone will take up their cause.

So pick another month and predict the end. I'm just going to keep on tapping until I choose to tap no more.

sstuutss
06-24-2015, 06:37 AM
I'm sure the trolls at one time did also.
Just because you don't agree with then doesn't make them trolls.

I'm just going to keep on tapping until I choose to tap no more.
you may not have that option ;)

julian2509
06-25-2015, 06:43 AM
Mw is wicked and me and 58 others in our faction love it, one spot to fill

generaals directors of war!

HellRaizer
06-25-2015, 07:52 AM
Wrong thread

Speed ump
06-25-2015, 08:24 AM
Helios, yes there were some trolls who claimed it would end this month. Of course they are some of the same ones who have beem saying somethi g similar for 4 years now. Not sure why anyone would think top teams don't see it slowing down, I've mentioned that for quite some time now. You'd have to be blind not to notice it. I've listened to people say sup/pun would kill the game with their dominance for years. I think most here realize the real problems lie with the way the game, and customer support has been handled. I wonder what some people would do if they didn't have sup to place all their troubles on,lol. I'm sure most of us see the issues, have a resonable idea of what could have been done to improve, rather than try to milk the last drops with ever increasing demands in players times, in addition to far too many bugs in the game. Top that off with little to no customer support, and you get what we have now. People keep playing for the team and their friends, and not so much for themselves. Eventually even that dries up. at least with coc you don't have this, "I have to" in order to keep up and compete. It makes for a longer lifespan, and draws more people, who can pick it up and play here and there as they choose. Not because they have to. Hey, it can be great fun for short periods of time, just not non stop.

HellRaizer
06-25-2015, 09:51 AM
Helios, yes there were some trolls who claimed it would end this month. Of course they are some of the same ones who have beem saying somethi g similar for 4 years now. Not sure why anyone would think top teams don't see it slowing down, I've mentioned that for quite some time now. You'd have to be blind not to notice it. I've listened to people say sup/pun would kill the game with their dominance for years. I think most here realize the real problems lie with the way the game, and customer support has been handled. I wonder what some people would do if they didn't have sup to place all their troubles on,lol. I'm sure most of us see the issues, have a resonable idea of what could have been done to improve, rather than try to milk the last drops with ever increasing demands in players times, in addition to far too many bugs in the game. Top that off with little to no customer support, and you get what we have now. People keep playing for the team and their friends, and not so much for themselves. Eventually even that dries up. at least with coc you don't have this, "I have to" in order to keep up and compete. It makes for a longer lifespan, and draws more people, who can pick it up and play here and there as they choose. Not because they have to. Hey, it can be great fun for short periods of time, just not non stop.

My opinion here. I believe that the game would have been very different without SUP, if we assume that there wasn't another team spending the equivalent. Don't get me wrong, I know that you have also communicated your grievances to Gree in the past, especially during certain periods when the game was being exploited.

Without SUP I believe that the game would either gone under, or more likely it would be less confusing and certainly less buggy. Gree will always consider aspects of the game a success based on profitability. Doesn't matter how much anger there is in the community, if the profits remain high.

For example, the first 7 day WD created much hate on the forum. Even the Devs were unaware to the negative feedback. Numerous factions did less during this event, but SUP continued to spend and this gave the impression that although people protested, the event itself still made more money... So of course they brought it back again..

If SUP only spent on features that deserved it, Gree would probably respond and start to focus on these aspects, but a long as a majority of you continue to tap on everything, the game while continue in its current trend.

(typed on mobile.. Sorry about typos)

Speed ump
06-25-2015, 04:03 PM
That goes back to what I've said before. Everyone feels like they have to complete everything in all events, and complain to gree of they can't because of the requirements. Sup is no different in this, and prob more so. Yes we of course have strongly voiced our opinions to gree directly and here in the forums. we have been most vocal when it comes to hacking and cheating, and have accomplished some things there. We have discussed boycotts in the past, but too many members felt like that would leave them out, their games would suffer for it, and didn't want to give our competition the satisfaction of a win, by default. Same could be said of other top teams, emporers have spent the second most after us, and they have never done that either.

truthteller
06-25-2015, 04:57 PM
That goes back to what I've said before. Everyone feels like they have to complete everything in all events, and complain to gree of they can't because of the requirements. Sup is no different in this, and prob more so. Yes we of course have strongly voiced our opinions to gree directly and here in the forums. we have been most vocal when it comes to hacking and cheating, and have accomplished some things there. We have discussed boycotts in the past, but too many members felt like that would leave them out, their games would suffer for it, and didn't want to give our competition the satisfaction of a win, by default. Same could be said of other top teams, emporers have spent the second most after us, and they have never done that either.

unfortunatly all that is true, and even worse, top teams will never "change their minds" and will keep on spending regardless of how GREEed-UP is the game, because they cannot let the "competition" get ahead of them nor can they "loose" any "prizes" for not doing all events

and GREEdy knows that and because of that will continue "GREEding-UP the game, because revenues will keep flowing, until game is dead or top 10 or 100 factions are the only ones left playing

Danger Mouse
06-25-2015, 04:58 PM
Sup aren't the disease. They're just a symptom. If it wasn't sup it'd be some other faction of high net wealth individuals.

This game targets such high net wealth individuals in every way - ego, competitive nature, love of sparkling things, etc. it's their business model - harpooning whales, ignore the minnows - except those of course with the means and desire to become whales one day.

So, don't blame sup. all theyre doing is playing the game to its designed fullest extent, exactly as gree wants. It's grees relentless pursuit of whales and milking minnows that dream of whaledom that's killing the game.

J-manKometh96
06-25-2015, 05:10 PM
Reading that it almost makes me want to pity them for being too weak to stop GREE from take advantage of their personality traits.

groovy shags
06-25-2015, 05:25 PM
Speed and Danger, you guys are right on point! But the top 2 teams do not have to implement a complete boycot. Just score enough to ensure their positions. A leader board on the top teams at 12b, 9b, 2b is just as effective as 65b, 45b, 3b. I understand you guys may not sweep most of the individual rewards, but GREE would certainly get the point! That's the only way they will ever listen to you.

WBS
06-25-2015, 07:54 PM
Speed and Danger, you guys are right on point! But the top 2 teams do not have to implement a complete boycot. Just score enough to ensure their positions. A leader board on the top teams at 12b, 9b, 2b is just as effective as 65b, 45b, 3b. I understand you guys may not sweep most of the individual rewards, but GREE would certainly get the point! That's the only way they will ever listen to you.

That's like telling a raging alcoholic that he can only have half the bottle of whiskey and not the whole thing.

I don't blame top teams for Greedy's incompetence, whomever said they are a symptom has it spot on. Of course Gree will play on addictions as do most other games. The difference between say Gree and Super Cell is that Gree pushes you to buy gold and takes the game out of MW, where Supercell just lets the players choose. We all know Super Cell is doing away better with their business model then Gree is.

DEWIN NUTTIN
06-25-2015, 08:37 PM
Reading that it almost makes me want to pity them for being too weak to stop GREE from take advantage of their personality traits.

Funny, I laughed, like I did when the dish ran away with the spoon. LOL

DEWIN NUTTIN
06-25-2015, 08:38 PM
That's like telling a raging alcoholic that he can only have half the bottle of whiskey and not the whole thing.

I don't blame top teams for Greedy's incompetence, whomever said they are a symptom has it spot on. Of course Gree will play on addictions as do most other games. The difference between say Gree and Super Cell is that Gree pushes you to buy gold and takes the game out of MW, where Supercell just lets the players choose. We all know Super Cell is doing away better with their business model then Gree is.

Naw, let 'em drink like fish. Then, smile as they stagger to their cars, keys in hand.
Enemies DEW let fiends drive drunk. LOL

Speed ump
06-25-2015, 09:13 PM
All sounds good in theory shags, and something suggested long ago. Problem is it would never work. You have the next team down thinking, ahah, with one strong legendary we can take this thing, at the end, or somewhere along the way. And who really wants to play follow the leader in a game that way? Sparkly things? Did someone see my precious?

Helios Von Elisar
06-26-2015, 04:19 AM
If there was no SUP it would just be another team. There are always those who have to be at the top and will do what is needed to get there. It's like that in every game.

When a company implements something new, their measure of success is how much revenue it generated. Not how much it's liked or hated or how difficult it is. Doesn't matter if it's cars, food, tools or games. If a product makes cash it is working. If you don't want to spend the cash it doesn't matter, just as long as someone does.

Personally, I think anyone who spends 80 grand for a car is nuts. If I'm spending 80 grand I expect there to be a bathroom and a refrigerator. But I pass plenty of vettes, porcshes, audis and Mercedes every day on the ride to work. It's not what I think, it's what the buyer thinks.

If you want to spend a thousand a month on virtual gold bars - have at it. It's your money. Move to the top of the pack as fast as you want to go. I'm good where I'm at and its not hurting me.

bam bam.
06-26-2015, 04:27 AM

That is just ego sickness. You need people of character to lead to stop us all from getting exploited

groovy shags
06-26-2015, 05:10 AM
All sounds good in theory shags, and something suggested long ago. Problem is it would never work. You have the next team down thinking, ahah, with one strong legendary we can take this thing, at the end, or somewhere along the way. And who really wants to play follow the leader in a game that way? Sparkly things? Did someone see my precious?

You are right speed. It would take some trust. And no one could blame you guys for keeping your streak going. But maybe, just maybe there could be some honor amongst you guys at the top. No one could ever blame you guys for not wanting to break your streak. I have read some old threads when boycotts were talked about. It must be hard to get 120-180 players to stick to the same game plan! lol let me be the first to say that I will not buy any gold this weekend! Start the revolution! lol

Good luck in WDE everyone! Have fun!

Big John
06-26-2015, 06:11 AM
Gree must be laughing all the way to the bank at the mugs that are still spending thousands on this game.

I have never understood it and never will but whatever floats your boat.

AHH
06-26-2015, 08:43 AM
If I remember correctly, wasn't there a FL when SUP finished 2nd?

All this boils down to, as stated by bam bam, is ego. The "fear" excuse of losing ground for not finishing 1st is preposterous.

truthteller
06-26-2015, 08:56 AM
Gree must be laughing all the way to the bank at the mugs that are still spending thousands on this game.

I have never understood it and never will but whatever floats your boat.

to understand why the still spend is easy
for them spending $5,000 on this game is the same as for you to pay $50 to go watch a movies that you have already seen, you know was not good and boring, yet you are going to see it again because you also know you will get a couple of laughs and you have nothing better to do

1Shot
06-26-2015, 10:22 AM
Crime city has level 150 bosses now also. A lot more challenging that's for sure.

Vercingetorix
06-26-2015, 11:02 AM
Wrong thread. There is not a reference to a level 150 boss on crime city in this thread.

AHH
06-26-2015, 12:18 PM
to understand why the still spend is easy
for them spending $5,000 on this game is the same as for you to pay $50 to go watch a movies that you have already seen, you know was not good and boring, yet you are going to see it again because you also know you will get a couple of laughs and you have nothing better to do

If that were indeed the case, those with that kind of income would have already understood the term "throwing good money after bad". The analogies being thrown around in regards to why people spend money at the top level are absurd. They're addicted. Plan and simple. They may have more disposable income than the majority, but they continue to do so for either ego or addiction (and not because it's simply a way to pass time).

Speed ump
06-26-2015, 01:06 PM
It seems to anger you that we do so. You do realize that same excuse has been given since the game began. So, which one is why you still play? Ego, or addiction? All that each one left playing is doing is keeping within their own personal budget. I'm sure it boils down to we all play for the same reasons.

Speed ump
06-26-2015, 01:12 PM
Ahh, in a way you are correct. Sup1 decided the better prize what lower down, which was a good defense bonus for the time. It took a lot of precise battles, but we got it, about 8th or so I think, but can't remeber now. Sup2 took their normal spot in second that one. After seeing the work involved to get the narrow and precise points we needed, not to try that again, and much easier to just take first.

AHH
06-26-2015, 03:15 PM
Ump - to answer your question - I no longer play. I played for a little over 2 years, and the latter part was due to addiction. I was never in a top 5 team, but competitive enough where I spent a couple hundred dollars a month. The funny thing is that I kept playing due to what I had invested in dollars, but realized it wasn't the money - it was indeed addiction to not wanting to miss out on a trinket. Finally hung it up when equipment was introduced and realized all I had done was in vain. When I didn't play for a week, it was interesting to see how far down my stats had fallen. This game was more about timing than anything. Get in when inflation was kicking in and you could pass so,e long timers in stats.

I don't begrudge or dislike SUP. I truly do respect the ability to hang on to #1 as long as they have. I just wanted to point out that if the net worth of the members is so high they can spend thousands each month on this game - surely they're smart enough to realize it isn't a good investment or hobby.

Danger Mouse
06-26-2015, 04:39 PM
Investment implies return. Disabuse yourself of that notion fast. Your armies have as much value as a Donald Trump presidential victory speech.

Most people don't play due to addiction. They play due to a Gree carefully designed and fostered guilt trip about not letting your "friends" down in that constant spiral of peer pressure to take a hit and buy gold for the "betterment" of the team. The day factions were introduced, Gree revenue leapt 600% overnight, as expected, because they realised that peer pressure to spend above your normal comfort level is one of the biggest money spinners out there.

Without factions and the fear of losing status in front of your "friends", most people would have quit long ago.

Irony is, 99% of you have no clue who the real person is behind your faction mates avatar, yet you all feel compelled to prop them up to the tune of hundreds of dollars in a carefully engineered and exploited exercise in designed peer pressure. Would you rip up hundred dollar notes and throw them into the toilet to impress your actual friends? I doubt it.

That's the addiction at play here, the need to impress and not let down complete strangers with your might, people you will never meet. Just as Gree wants.

Speed ump
06-26-2015, 05:40 PM
Somewhat true mouse. Though I have met a number of my team in person, and the ones in Houston are indeed real life freinds. Also many of my older teammates, some who have moved away from the game, still play on teams with me in other games.

bam bam.
06-27-2015, 05:20 AM
It seems to anger you that we do so. You do realize that same excuse has been given since the game began. So, which one is why you still play? Ego, or addiction? All that each one left playing is doing is keeping within their own personal budget. I'm sure it boils down to we all play for the same reasons.

I have no real problem with SUP winning. Just a problem when they reward GReE for incompetence on a regular basis. You guys are the ones who can police the game.

If we played for the same reason, which we clearly don't!; you would be interested in keeping the game healthy over a number one position on an auction house leader board.

I play for entertainment and relaxed fun. You guys play for a compulsion that is summed up pretty well in taledega nights... "If your not first your last". Now at the end of the movie even the guy who gives the quote says it was just ridiculous.

Seriously grow some balls and take up a real fight. One worth fighting. Make GReE sought their shanannigans out!. Win that contest so not just 60 people enjoy the game but 60000+ can kick back and have a laugh with mates while paying a fair purse for entertainment value. Pointless overspending has made it such that these execs who exploit YOUR team first and foremost above all others get away with being useless expletives.

Agent Orange
06-27-2015, 07:50 AM
Mouse and Bam you two pretty much summed it up perfectly.

Big John
06-28-2015, 05:00 AM
After reading the WD thread I don't think this game has long to go.

East Coast Bias
06-28-2015, 07:39 AM
Spending by SUP has come up a number of times over the years. Never bothered me and most concluded that people can do what they please with their own money. There are many of us who might be as well off as players in SUP, but have just made different choices on where to spend the disposable income. It's a free country, the help that some of you seek from SUP to force gree's hand can and should be ignored by them. As one of the responses said, they may not know their own teammates beyond the in game names, but heck they surely don't know anyone who is seeking this help too, so why are we putting them to a higher standard? Strangers are strangers.

That's said, perhaps I'm not filthy rich enough to fully understand what is happening too. Being a banker, I'd like to efficiently allocate my play money, which I choose to include MW as one of the choices. So I've never understood why SUP needs to win by the margins they do. You'd think someone would say, ok, let's win by the smallest margin that ensures us a win and then do whatever with what the team saves - maybe a meet up in NYC. Again, no issue with spending, but why not spend more efficiently? That's the only question in my mind. But I must confess, I am no saint as I indulge in some of the better private golf courses, so that's where my money goes. So if people want to say it's a matter of choice, then I don't have a good response myself.

Speed ump
06-28-2015, 10:37 AM
That's easy east. If you keep it close, the number two team thinks they actually have a real chance, and try harder, therefore actually causing both teams to spend more then needed. Either that or we just like to put that stamp of ownership on the events for everyone to see. ( like most care,lol.) also we have individual players who want to make a certain placement for events for prize level.

t12pm
06-28-2015, 12:40 PM
That's easy east. If you keep it close, the number two team thinks they actually have a real chance, and try harder, therefore actually causing both teams to spend more then needed. Either that or we just like to put that stamp of ownership on the events for everyone to see. ( like most care,lol.) also we have individual players who want to make a certain placement for events for prize level.

This may be true, but look at the great state of the game from it, the company don't care what they put out knowing you guys will spend absurd amounts regardless. A victory by that margin just shows the fear of competition to me, if we spend and get this much of a lead the next team won't even try to catch us, same as the top team in cc if the number one prize was a steaming pile of s--- the spending would be the same. It all boils down to egos and addiction

Ajk
06-28-2015, 02:44 PM
This may be true, but look at the great state of the game from it, the company don't care what they put out knowing you guys will spend absurd amounts regardless. A victory by that margin just shows the fear of competition to me, if we spend and get this much of a lead the next team won't even try to catch us, same as the top team in cc if the number one prize was a steaming pile of s--- the spending would be the same. It all boils down to egos and addiction
Exactly, no matter what they say, it comes down to egos and addiction, and Gree plays them like the fiddles they are. They are the only ones that don't see it this way as many times as it's been pointed out to them. Sup calls it jealousy, lmao.

Danger Mouse
06-28-2015, 04:24 PM
Well, of course they call it jealousy. They certainly wouldn't call it accurate. Ego and all that.

The ultimate irony is, they think they're stamping their authority on the game when in fact they are the ultimate victims, dancing at the end of grees strings as gree pockets their money like absolute bandits.

Wry amusement is more like it, not jealousy. But keep calling it that if that's what it takes guys.

East Coast Bias
06-28-2015, 06:45 PM
Come on DM, they are NOT victims. I am sure they are fully aware of how much they spend and their effect on the game. The correct question is whether they care - but why should they? If they get amusement and fulfillment by kicking all of our asses, then let them. I certainly don't care if they want to spend silly money on digital trinkets. This is the status quo (SUP winning and Gree not giving a ****). And if any of us don't like it, we are free to quit the game. The fact we still complain and stick around just shows that we like the game despite all of this.

Danger Mouse
06-28-2015, 07:39 PM
Come on DM, they are NOT victims. I am sure they are fully aware of how much they spend and their effect on the game. The correct question is whether they care - but why should they? If they get amusement and fulfillment by kicking all of our asses, then let them. I certainly don't care if they want to spend silly money on digital trinkets. This is the status quo (SUP winning and Gree not giving a ****). And if any of us don't like it, we are free to quit the game. The fact we still complain and stick around just shows that we like the game despite all of this.

And in liking the game, see what it could potentially be without the whales pathologically handing over fists full of cash in their OCD rush to be first to get the $ # I T on a stick Gree know they can get away with serving instead. Why pay developers to turn out great product when these whales will still overcompensate you for the garbage you churn out for next to nothing instead?

This is the great pity of the game, what it could be without the catering for the pathological need of some to say they got the rough end of the pineapple first, and paid the most for the privilege.

Only now, some are tired of paying for that privilege, but because of Grees relentless pursuit of whale milking to the exclusion of any other business model, it's too late to redo and make the game what it could be, so it will die instead.

East Coast Bias
06-28-2015, 08:17 PM
My sole suggestion to improving the game is to reduce factions to 20 players. Let the other 40 form their own, and let's see if the hyper competition leads to one supreme team that even the second place team won't bother to keep up. Need more team work and no slacker spots.

J-manKometh96
06-28-2015, 08:29 PM
Lol. The majority of factions already consist of only 20 people or less. It's pretty funny, if all the active and semi active players out there merged to full factions, almost the entire player base would be top 500. My two defensive wins were keeping me in the top 50k. A single war should push me to top 35k, and my 2-4 active account faction into the top 2k, maybe even 1500. How much lower can things go?

It's funny, or sad depending how you look at it, but it used to be that I used the forum to augment my gameplay. Now I use the game to augment my forum play.

bam bam.
06-29-2015, 03:42 AM
Spending by SUP has come up a number of times over the years. Never bothered me and most concluded that people can do what they please with their own money. There are many of us who might be as well off as players in SUP, but have just made different choices on where to spend the disposable income. It's a free country, the help that some of you seek from SUP to force gree's hand can and should be ignored by them. As one of the responses said, they may not know their own teammates beyond the in game names, but heck they surely don't know anyone who is seeking this help too, so why are we putting them to a higher standard? Strangers are strangers.

That's said, perhaps I'm not filthy rich enough to fully understand what is happening too. Being a banker, I'd like to efficiently allocate my play money, which I choose to include MW as one of the choices. So I've never understood why SUP needs to win by the margins they do. You'd think someone would say, ok, let's win by the smallest margin that ensures us a win and then do whatever with what the team saves - maybe a meet up in NYC. Again, no issue with spending, but why not spend more efficiently? That's the only question in my mind. But I must confess, I am no saint as I indulge in some of the better private golf courses, so that's where my money goes. So if people want to say it's a matter of choice, then I don't have a good response myself.

Solid reasoning. I don't know you therefore I don't care about you. You walk passed a group of people being r.aped and slaughtered...I don't know you therefore I will not help you. Love people like you in the world mate.

Such a banker

bam bam.
06-29-2015, 03:48 AM

Seriously. Fun for 120 people. Altruism ha...not. 1 vs 2 our heroes. Glad you lot enjoy it, we used to have 100,000 plus playing. Even your money won't keep your game of 2 alive for long.

Agent Orange
06-29-2015, 04:35 AM
Lol. The majority of factions already consist of only 20 people or less. It's pretty funny, if all the active and semi active players out there merged to full factions, almost the entire player base would be top 500. My two defensive wins were keeping me in the top 50k. A single war should push me to top 35k, and my 2-4 active account faction into the top 2k, maybe even 1500. How much lower can things go?

It's funny, or sad depending how you look at it, but it used to be that I used the forum to augment my gameplay. Now I use the game to augment my forum play.

Solid observation, yesterday the top 2000 faction was a single player as was the 4000th. In two battles my A faction of 14 was top 700. I have not hit a faction yet that was actually participating across my three factions.

Agent Orange
06-29-2015, 04:39 AM
It would be rather hilarious if the number two faction was playing the number one faction. Make it look like they are trying to catch up to suck them into spending even more of they money. That would be rather fiendish....

DEWIN NUTTIN
06-29-2015, 07:51 AM
Ferry was no dummy. They thought he was. I knew Ferry. Ferry is my friend. He never did the obvious. He was one of the most clever players to ever tap, tap, tappity, tap, tap.

DEWIN NUTTIN
06-29-2015, 07:54 AM
It would be rather hilarious if the number two faction was playing the number one faction. Make it look like they are trying to catch up to suck them into spending even more of they money. That would be rather fiendish....

The number 2 team could be number 1 if it meant anything to them. They like to feint. LOL

East Coast Bias
06-29-2015, 03:25 PM
Solid reasoning. I don't know you therefore I don't care about you. You walk passed a group of people being r.aped and slaughtered...I don't know you therefore I will not help you. Love people like you in the world mate.

Such a banker

So let me understand, you want help to make a game better and you compare that to people being ****d and seeking help. You either need help coming up with a better analogy/argument or some other type of mental health.

HellRaizer
06-29-2015, 03:46 PM
The number 2 team could be number 1 if it meant anything to them. They like to feint. LOL

Maybe the number 1 team will be the number 1 - 60 teams, after they to split to still have some competition.

After all, they are are the ones to reward the commanders of the tapathons while common tapateers have all but given up tapping when there is no enjoyment to be had from the tap tap tap tap.

Agent Orange
06-29-2015, 03:49 PM
Ferry was no dummy. They thought he was. I knew Ferry. Ferry is my friend. He never did the obvious. He was one of the most clever players to ever tap, tap, tappity, tap, tap.

Indeed old friend indeed. He made things interesting and he was also literate....

Agent Orange
06-29-2015, 03:52 PM
Maybe the number 1 team will be the number 1 - 60 teams, after they to split to still have some competition.

After all, they are are the ones to reward the commanders of the tapathons while common tapateers have all but given up tapping when there is no enjoyment to be had from the tap tap tap tap.

Where is that darn like button. Indeed the greeiuses think they are doing great wonder if/when they will wake up or are they. Or is someone high up the food chain using an even more specialized version of greemath to fudge the numbers so they don't get their butt canned by tanaka?

Speed ump
06-29-2015, 05:15 PM
Looks quite obvious who is jealous of our tapping. You do realize you could just quit the game if it bothers you so much right? We don't judge how much you do or don't tap, or the reasons why you do or dont. Yet for some reason several of you have an unhealthy obsession over what we do for our own entertainment and enjoyment. Looks like you guys are seriously trying to convince ourselves you are better for some reason. What is lacking in your lives to feel the need to degrade others for what they consider fun. If sup had 50 teams, so what. they do offer professional help for those kinds of issues, but the first step is admitting your addiction to negativity, and stop the denial. You look like a gang of cyber stalkers.

Danger Mouse
06-29-2015, 05:51 PM
Looks quite obvious who is jealous of our tapping. You do realize you could just quit the game if it bothers you so much right? We don't judge how much you do or don't tap, or the reasons why you do or dont. Yet for some reason several of you have an unhealthy obsession over what we do for our own entertainment and enjoyment. Looks like you guys are seriously trying to convince ourselves you are better for some reason. What is lacking in your lives to feel the need to degrade others for what they consider fun. If sup had 50 teams, so what. they do offer professional help for those kinds of issues, but the first step is admitting your addiction to negativity, and stop the denial. You look like a gang of cyber stalkers.

Dude, we don't really know how many times it can be said before it sinks in that absolutely no one is jealous of your compulsive behaviour and lack of sense to continuously and gratuitously reward absolute rubbish beyond all recognition of value for money, to the point that the once great product enjoyed by tens of thousands is now in such a state of death spiral barely enjoyed by tens because of the way it is geared to cash in on your compulsion to the exclusion of any long term business model that makes sense, the vendors safe in the knowledge that no matter what unmitigated junk they serve up, or fail to serve up due to lack of anything remotely resembling quality control, it just doesn't matter because they will still be much more than amply rewarded by you and your cronies in your never ending struggle to comprehend the reality of the situation.

Exasperation? Oh god yes.
Frustration? Definitely.
Irritation? Most likely.
Pity? Possibly.

Jealousy? er, No.

Clear enough for ya?

Evil Mastermind
06-29-2015, 06:08 PM

I suppose by this logic, I am to believe there are people in this world that are envious of individuals who are addicted to drugs, alcohol, gambling, food, and any other vice you can possibly conjure up.

I don't think jealousy is the appropriate term. If they have a caring nature about them at all, the word your looking for is empathy. If they don't, it's usually one of pity. I have seen your posts many times over the years and it's always filled with condescension. I understand the incessant need to defend your position to those that are negative about your spending habits. You're right, it's none of theirs or my business what you do in this game or any other venue. Just please step down off the ivory tower, as no one is jealous...not in the real world or in your imaginary one.

I venture to say that your supremacy in this virtual contest is never mentioned in the real world as for fear of shame and ridicule.

Helios Von Elisar
06-30-2015, 04:17 AM
LAST DAY OF JUNE. THIS IS IT. THE GAME DIES TODAY!!!!
Moo-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha......

Gotta run, next war has started. Epic battle, 1.5x points this round.
We pounded these guys last WD, but they chose to do battle with us again.

Agent Orange
06-30-2015, 04:22 AM
Jealousy was never appropriate, words such as mystified, illogical, dumbfounded, incredulous, pitiful, and sad do spring to mind.

In terms of the games demise, I think that most of us would be sad to see it go to a degree but in a way it's like watching a beloved pet struggling with a terminal disease. You love it deeply and hate to see it go but at the same time you wish it would be put out of it's misery.

Well ok maybe not really as heartfelt as that since whoever is calling the shots there is incompetent and has pissed of so many customers that many really want to see this thing sputter and die.

Helios Von Elisar
06-30-2015, 04:34 AM
And those ones who are pissed keep running to the forum to scream of its demise. And they will still be screaming after xmas time. Some of them have been on here for years spewing the same mantra. How pissed do you have to be to keep posting fantasies for years?

bam bam.
06-30-2015, 04:43 AM
So let me understand, you want help to make a game better and you compare that to people being ****d and seeking help. You either need help coming up with a better analogy/argument or some other type of mental health.

It is the same principle mate, I find using colourful analogies helps get a point across in an efficient manner.

And I am not wrong.

People not caring about people as they are "strangers" is ridiculous. When you are born you are a little stranger to your folks and they are big strangers to you. People are people. We should care. We don't have to like eachother or get along or kiss n cuddle but we should still value society as a whole (even in our little competive gaming corner).

I'm no hippy, I will gladly run my v8 down the drag strip but I wouldn't ever build a car and run it so hard that the event organisers only care about me and my money. I would seek a balanced competition for all because I am a car enthusiast. Much in the same way that I am a gamer. I myself laid a few grand into this game as each month the entertainment value was there and the game had balance. When the balance was lost I did the righty, I stopped spending. Sacrificing my avatar for the good of the game. The only way we can speak to GReE is -$$$$$$$. The only way we can save the game is as a collective. Top 1 to top 10000

Is that softer analogy better for your sensitive tastes young fella?

Danger Mouse
06-30-2015, 04:51 AM
And those ones who are pissed keep running to the forum to scream of its demise. And they will still be screaming after xmas time. Some of them have been on here for years spewing the same mantra. How pissed do you have to be to keep posting fantasies for years?

This game is the walking dead. Pure and simple. Just look at the stats on any app tracker out there. Argue with that if you can.

bam bam.
06-30-2015, 04:58 AM
Jealousy lol. Yes we are jealous that we can't be the ones to flush the game down the drain.

Making this a troll battle ump as sound reasoning has abandoned you???. I think we would prefer to speak to your team rather than you. Maybe some of them can see us reaching out to you as an act of courage rather than jealousy. We don't want to bring SUP down. We don't care who wins. We want a game that all can play. Your pathological win at all cost motto will be the end of this game. Much the same as it has brought the game down to its knees as is. I suppose there will be a new game you lot can jump across to and outspend people and say "na na na your jelly of us na na na". When in fact no one gives a rats behind what you or your team achieve so you can continue on your delusional way.

We just know the only vessel to talk to GReE is literally your credit cards.

I don't get how you think this is about SUP, it is bigger than your band of merry men. It is about you not eating your own self.

You are rewarding PPP. Wake up mate. Unite as your name suggests and fight the battle worth fighting. Keep the game alive. Check the childish "we are the best so you all gonna hate hate hate". We really don't care. You guys could rub eachother under rainbows riding bareback on unicorns and it wouldn't change the fact that the credit cards are the only way to talk to GReE and only you guys (and the other top10 teams) have the pockets deep enough to communicate with them in their language (obviously you don't have the pockets while riding your unicorns but when you pull up for your picnic hopefully you are not tempted to reach over to your pants and pull out those magical credit cards). We are asking you to help not only us, but yourselves too.

Speed ump
06-30-2015, 05:00 AM
Yes jealousy is the correct word, denial dosnt change that. I see the term value of money being used. Really? So you are saying that at one time this game was a good value for the money, but is not now. And who is the one that's deluded? It is not now, nor ever was a good value for the money. Fixated is another word I'd use for you guys. Also obsessed. Yes, all those terms apply. I have a freind who is a physiatrist of some note. He was visiting a couple of weekends ago for a bbq I was having, and showed him some of your posts here in forums. He used all those words in describing what he saw. He actually does deal with people who have problems with this sort of thing, and sees rising occurrences of it. There are many of these types of social games and many people letting it take over their lives. I might suggest some form of professional help, but it's your lives, so do as you please.

bam bam.
06-30-2015, 05:02 AM
I'm not saying don't spend, I'm saying spend when it's worth it for the community as a whole. I believe in the entertainment business people should be remunerated for providing a service and or product. People should not be exploited due to pathological conditions that they have.

Danger Mouse
06-30-2015, 05:11 AM
Yes jealousy is the correct word, denial dosnt change that. I see the term value of money being used. Really? So you are saying that at one time this game was a good value for the money, but is not now. And who is the one that's deluded? It is not now, nor ever was a good value for the money. Fixated is another word I'd use for you guys. Also obsessed. Yes, all those terms apply. I have a freind who is a physiatrist of some note. He was visiting a couple of weekends ago for a bbq I was having, and showed him some of your posts here in forums. He used all those words in describing what he saw. He actually does deal with people who have problems with this sort of thing, and sees rising occurrences of it. There are many of these types of social games and many people letting it take over their lives. I might suggest some form of professional help, but it's your lives, so do as you please.

Do you consider a good movie value for money? What about a fine wine? A play? A concert? Depends you say? Exactly. Now, what about MW as we know it today?

Your pomposity is rather funny, in a wryly amused, head shaking kind of way.

If jealousy is the way you need to think of it to justify everything to yourself, knock yourself out buddy. Whatever floats your boat. Just be aware that it's all somewhat transparently tragic.

bam bam.
06-30-2015, 05:12 AM

Ok mate. Imma let you finish

But Your doctor is not your friend. He is there to help you. Why they let you have a credit card in a mad house is beyond me.

I don't spend money, there is no cost to me. I am just fighting on behalf of my team and the hundreds below you guys. We thought you may be interested in a real fight. We thought wrong. Just scared people who can spend spend spend. Spend away. Flush your trust fund monies down the wall. GReE love you and the full fuel tanks on their ferraris thank you for it. You are a hero not only in your own mind, but to the noble men and women at GReE HQ.

Note: I am done with trying to reason with you. When in a sword fight draw your sword. I thought we were in a battle for rationale, my mistake we are in a battle for self grandeur.

You know the worst part about making out with a perfect 10, it's cleaning the mirror after your done.

bam bam.
06-30-2015, 05:14 AM
Speed must work at GReE or own it lol

bam bam.
06-30-2015, 05:27 AM
Jealousy was never appropriate, words such as mystified, illogical, dumbfounded, incredulous, pitiful, and sad do spring to mind.

In terms of the games demise, I think that most of us would be sad to see it go to a degree but in a way it's like watching a beloved pet struggling with a terminal disease. You love it deeply and hate to see it go but at the same time you wish it would be put out of it's misery.

Well ok maybe not really as heartfelt as that since whoever is calling the shots there is incompetent and has pissed of so many customers that many really want to see this thing sputter and die.

Maybe a dog you loved as a puppy, but someone beat it over the fence so now all it does is bite hands. Time to put a bullet in the head of a once good but now defunct dog.

It has been a real journey over the years. Yes it's virtual but that's the day and age we live in, nonetheless real. Some call them merely pixels. And they are, but money is just ink on paper or digits on a screen. Things in life have the value that YOU attach to it. I have spent real money, real time and have had a real social experience. There is a reason gaming is a multibillion dollar industry as it taps into a joy we all find in coming together and sharing fun experiences away from our daily grinds.

Sadly, real bad men and women have come together and as always things are correcting themselves as they should and always do.

Agent Orange
06-30-2015, 05:49 AM
And those ones who are pissed keep running to the forum to scream of its demise. And they will still be screaming after xmas time. Some of them have been on here for years spewing the same mantra. How pissed do you have to be to keep posting fantasies for years?t

Just curious but how would you know if you have only been here since Feb 2015?

Had you really been here a long time you would realize that your statement is grossly innaccurate as many of us have tried for years to get improvements to the game and way back the devs did listen. But no longer.

Big John
06-30-2015, 06:27 AM
I think we know who the real troll is with his jealous pleddling BS.

Did your shrink friend tell you about your superiority complex?

bam bam.
06-30-2015, 07:39 AM
I think we know who the real troll is with his jealous pleddling BS.

Did your shrink friend tell you about your superiority complex?

By superiority complex you mean my winning ways. Why yes and he complimented me on my wicked intellect and outstandinggoodedness in the sack. He also told me your just jealous.

Sorry, speed is now controlling my posts

Agent Orange
06-30-2015, 07:48 AM
By superiority complex you mean my winning ways. Why yes and he complimented me on my wicked intellect and outstandinggoodedness in the sack. He also told me your just jealous.

Sorry, speed is now controlling my posts

Close but no ceegar! You have to be more illiterate, be oblivious to punctuation and not make any sense......

legalious
06-30-2015, 08:11 AM
I am locking this thread as the game is not going anywhere and the personal attacks have been getting out of hand.