PDA

View Full Version : Gree lies (again) about the final prize in the PvP

Jnsolberg
06-20-2015, 01:38 PM
This current PvP, Jungle of Corruption shows a splash screen with a prize of "Chief Vydae" 34.8m/8.4m with a +5% Infantry Attack boost.....pretty nice! Well worth finishing the PvP

But wait, Gree Lied about the boost again. When you win, it shows as a
"Linimte Bonus: Giladon
Active during: Giladon
+5% Infantry Attack bonus

So not only is it a temp bonus, it is only during the EB quest. We don't even use infantry Attack for EB. And the PvP ends exactly when the EB ends.
1). Why is Gree lying about permanent bonuses becoming temp bonuses
2). Why give a temp bonus that can't even help us?
3). Why do we continue to even play this game anymore?

Valid or
06-20-2015, 01:46 PM
The first 2 no clue.
But the third...we like the game play/style...and keep hoping beyond reason that it will get better, and gree will change their ways, and improve there customer support.
But after all this time..I have given up..I play now because I enjoy playing with the people in my guild...and not cause of the game anymore.

Lord Vyper
06-20-2015, 02:09 PM
This has to be fixed ASAP - I think we have the right to get an official statement about that. I used gems to change my skill points to do this PVP quest. I didn't do that for a temporary bonus.

Jomama1
06-21-2015, 04:41 AM
This must be a mistake. There is no logical reason to make it intentional/. The question is why iis this game so riddled with errors???

Frothypython
06-21-2015, 05:32 AM
Since the pop up description of this reward had no indication of it being temporary, the actual reward needs to be adjusted to permanent. The pop ups are advertisement. When an ad states a specific value for a product, a business is held to that value by law.

CrawFishEater
06-21-2015, 07:53 AM
Agreed, it should be permanent. While we're at it, why is there a Modern War banner on the Kingdom Age forum?

Lolsies
06-21-2015, 08:59 AM
Agreed, it should be permanent. While we're at it, why is there a Modern War banner on the Kingdom Age forum?

The switched banner is just a glitch that happens in the old format.

Laura TCK
06-21-2015, 10:00 AM
The switched banner is just a glitch that happens in the old format.

Thanks for answering the banner now answer the main question re the bonus please

Lolsies
06-21-2015, 10:41 AM
Regarding the topic of the thread, sadly, GREE is known to mysteriously change things without alerting players. They did not 'lie', they simply changed the prize behind players' back. I'm not sure why GREE would change a useful prize into a useless prize, but it's really up to them to decide what they put in the game, regardless of how bad it is.

Bolt
06-21-2015, 10:52 AM
I will ask for more detail on this tomorrow when everyone is back in the office. If anyone can post a screenshot of the Chief Vye unit splash screen I'd appreciate it.

Toddiekska
06-21-2015, 11:37 AM
I'm not sure what your definition of "to lie" is; however a quick search, which matches my definition as well, yields:

"to speak falsely or utter untruth knowingly, as with intent to deceive. Synonyms: prevaricate, fib. 6. to express what is false; convey a false impression."

I'm really getting tired of the run-around with changing things behind our backs, mid-stream, not clearing events of bugs (for ages), etc. There is zero synergy between the Developers, Mods and players.

Laura TCK
06-21-2015, 02:08 PM
I will ask for more detail on this tomorrow when everyone is back in the office. If anyone can post a screenshot of the Chief Vye unit splash screen I'd appreciate it.

Bolt, a screen shot won't help I have a guild member that has completed the PVP, on his profile page in bonus it says 5% infinity ATTACK good, however it also says on the profile page where units are shown with temp bonus it's there saying active in current EB, so which is it???

Lord Vyper
06-21-2015, 02:08 PM
Regarding the topic of the thread, sadly, GREE is known to mysteriously change things without alerting players. They did not 'lie', they simply changed the prize behind players' back. I'm not sure why GREE would change a useful prize into a useless prize, but it's really up to them to decide what they put in the game, regardless of how bad it is.

Agree: it's up to them to decide what they put in the game - but fortunately there are laws against false advertising. Maybe we should ask iTunes about that.

BeastMode...on
06-22-2015, 05:36 AM

The problem isn't even as bad as this prize being "useless"...the prize is literally NO prize at all.

Infantry attack (or any of the 4 class attacks) literally does not factor into Epic Boss hits. Period. There is no debating that, it is hero strength plus equipment. So to advertise one thing, then to change it to something else is terrible. To advertise one then, then to change it to quite literally nothing is worse.

Lord Vyper
06-22-2015, 05:48 AM

Hi, since it seems to be impossible to post jpg here I attached the pics of the splash screen and a screen shot of what I got to my ticket #2504428
Got the standard copy/paste answer - ending with 'If you happen to have a screen shot of what you saw in game before....'

Yes I have - and I attached it already.... so it would be helpful to read the e-mails you get from your customers instead of only copy/paste the same thing over and over again.

Thx for understanding that I'm not that amused

War player
06-22-2015, 06:21 AM
1. When you look at the unit in your inventory, it shows the 5% attack bonus.
2. The splash screen said it was a 5% attack bonus
3. It was always advertised as a 5% attack bonus

The glitch here is that it shows up in your profile listing as a limited bonus. I'm sure the glitch is that it shows up here. No way they would change the reward like that.

War player
06-22-2015, 06:23 AM
In fact, the temp bonus listed shows it's active only for Giladon. LOL.

Jnsolberg
06-22-2015, 07:30 AM
Bolt, a screen shot won't help I have a guild member that has completed the PVP, on his profile page in bonus it says 5% infinity ATTACK good, however it also says on the profile page where units are shown with temp bonus it's there saying active in current EB, so which is it???

Every temp bonus the we ever got is listed under Individual Bonuses. And it won't show as temp there.
The key here is that it shows as temp on your profile screen.

I'm still showing a +10% Amuma Health boost from a long ago RB event. Means nothing, that event is long gone.

RandomUser
06-22-2015, 09:20 AM
It's ridiculous that it was never advertised in any splash screen as a TEMP bonus, but once you bust your rump to finish the event, suddenly the bonus is only good for another 5 hours.

Either it's an embarrassing mistake or a horrible example of bait & switch. Whichever it is, please fix it soon.

Jnsolberg
06-22-2015, 09:29 AM
Oh, and one other thing. We don't care "what was intended". We only care about what was advertised
You need to make this boost permanent!

candii
06-22-2015, 10:44 AM
if these were honest errors, about half the time they would be to the player's benefit. however, every single time it has been a reduction to the advertised prize. and then giving the players what was advertised would obviously be the right thing to do. the way these recurring situations are handled speaks volumes.

Polgara's Daughter
06-22-2015, 10:52 AM
Unable also to figure out how to post screen shot of advertised final unit for completing Corruption in the Jungle 15/15 heroic...Chief Vydae. We understand that errors can be made by the best of us. What concerns me is the request for a screen shot of splash screen. It seems to me that should be something that could be obtained internally from colleagues. Still, no worries. Splash screen did not indicate that unit was temporary. And as pointed out above, a temporary infantry attack increase would be uselessness in Epic Boss event. So I am confident that the indication that Vydae provides temporary infantry attack bonus is clearly just an error and I am confident the bonus is permanent and that this will be sorted soon. Thanks so much!

Jnsolberg
06-22-2015, 11:27 AM

Ok, Gree HQ has been open for 2.5 hours now.
When are we getting the bonus changed to permanent?

Bolt
06-22-2015, 11:37 AM
I have received confirmation that this was an error and that the bonus will be a permanent +5% Infantry Attack. Apologies for the confusion everyone, this fix should go live later this week.

Jnsolberg
06-22-2015, 11:51 AM
I have received confirmation that this was an error and that the bonus will be a permanent +5% Infantry Attack. Apologies for the confusion everyone, this fix should go live later this week.

Thank you Bolt!
We do appreciate your help!

Lord Vyper
06-22-2015, 12:05 PM
Thumbs up :), thx Bolt!

Frothypython
06-22-2015, 12:59 PM
Nicely done!

plavine
06-23-2015, 05:31 PM
This is fine and dandy And bolt we appreciate your diligence in this matter , however , should it really come to this : that we have to point out constant programming errors .

Lucas HQ
06-23-2015, 10:38 PM
Current box and pvm quests all give temporary bonuses. Please review them, we don't need those temp bonuses!!