PDA

View Full Version : Sale days don't allow videos.

JaiZo
06-19-2015, 09:21 PM
During event weekends you are unable to watch videos to gain gold. I'm fully aware that the reason that the company does this is to prevent users from getting free gold during events so that they are (but not really) more inclined to buy gold. I'm sure I'm not the first person to mention it, but I just thought I'd mention it again anyway because perhaps that may raise a tiny bit more awareness that may eventually lead them to changing it. It's not even a real problem, but something I noticed a while back so decided to hit the forums tonight with.

lordsagacity
06-19-2015, 09:54 PM
During event weekends you are unable to watch videos to gain gold. I'm fully aware that the reason that the company does this is to prevent users from getting free gold during events so that they are (but not really) more inclined to buy gold. I'm sure I'm not the first person to mention it, but I just thought I'd mention it again anyway because perhaps that may raise a tiny bit more awareness that may eventually lead them to changing it. It's not even a real problem, but something I noticed a while back so decided to hit the forums tonight with.

It has been like this for months, at least for me on iOS. Guess CC is no longer popular as it was and advertisers decide not to waste money.

J-manKometh96
06-20-2015, 12:02 AM
Gold videos have never been available during a sale as far back as i can remember.

Steg
06-20-2015, 02:25 AM
Used to be the case for me too, not anymore.

I'm on Android and even during the sale there is a button for "tap to earn free gold"

chefpaul9828
06-20-2015, 07:34 PM
As jean said, free gold through video has ALWAYS been disabled.

Annihilator2
06-21-2015, 01:34 PM
Small difference: free gold videos were not available; after last upgrade for iOS MW version, videos are available but gold is not added.

Cannot Connect To Server
06-22-2015, 05:28 AM
videos have not been available at all for many for years wether sale day or not...

many people can get 10+ videos a day...i get 0... so for 3 years of playing 365*3*10 plus the gold thats been robbed from apps and ranks Gree owes me about 12,000 bars alone.

If you are able to get free videos or your apps pay out gold which tapjoy does not pay me since december now...you can stillaccess that part and tapjoy even during sales if you look closely enough each day.

good gawd noooo
06-22-2015, 09:05 AM
android and or ios can technically get free gold(assuming tht they pay out) at least once a day even during events. when your daily scratcher shows up is also option for free gold if you click it incstead of scratching you get access to a video.once video plays sometimes you can get a second one if notlog out let the scratcher screen load again and repeat.. time comsuming yes but if you want free on event day you gotta work for it(so its not free after all big surprise)

ezmunie
06-22-2015, 02:28 PM
Videos for gold is available on android, even while frontline was active.

Videos for gold has been disabled on iOS by gree. Even after the last update, I had no problem with the videos.

Helios Von Elisar
06-24-2015, 05:01 AM
No free videos on non-sale days now. If you don't exit the game, sometimes you can tap for gold during WD. But once you exit and come back in you get the sale offer and the free video option is gone.

Bolt
06-24-2015, 09:38 AM
No free videos on non-sale days now. If you don't exit the game, sometimes you can tap for gold during WD. But once you exit and come back in you get the sale offer and the free video option is gone.

If you are on iOS this is temporary until a fix goes live: http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?116436-Video-Offers-temporarily-disabled-on-iOS&p=1515133

Brown Out
06-24-2015, 10:16 AM
If you are on iOS this is temporary until a fix goes live: http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?116436-Video-Offers-temporarily-disabled-on-iOS&p=1515133

Can iOS users be compensated with one or two vaults of gold added to their account for not being able to watch videos for free gold?
Seems like the right thing to do.

Thanks in advance.

Helios Von Elisar
06-25-2015, 04:23 AM
Thanks for the update Bolt, I'd be happy to take a vault. Realistically, it takes 3-4 weeks to get enough gold for a boost building (200 gold variety), I average 60-75 a week.

Steg
06-26-2015, 11:58 PM
Can iOS users be compensated with one or two vaults of gold added to their account for not being able to watch videos for free gold?

Thanks in advance.

Hahahaha seriously??

Im on Android and went for months upon months without videos for gold.

Now that I can get videos (even on the sales) I am getting as much as I can from it before it breaks again.

drkillmw
06-27-2015, 12:13 PM
Hahahaha seriously??

Im on Android and went for months upon months without videos for gold.

Now that I can get videos (even on the sales) I am getting as much as I can from it before it breaks again.

I have a much bigger issue with them offering videos but after you watch, you don't get your gold because you hit a ceiling (I think it is around 40 gold). If you don't want to offer gold, don't show the vids otherwise it is fraudulent. Moderate should take serious because based on the email response from Google, they took my email serious. My guess is it is some sort of advertising agreement issue. I'd address.

pgexp
06-27-2015, 12:43 PM
Hey Bolt I have not seen any videos in over 6 months well its seems like it. I know its been at least 3 WD event cycles. Now I can't get any offers, just get an error message (missing parameters: udid) and if I do get a video I have to find the play button and then only get half a video. put a ticket in on this never got a response.
Figure its just gree's way of trying to make people buy gold. I'm on android, and most of my faction that on it, say the same thing.

Plutorules
06-27-2015, 12:56 PM

Thanks in advance.

Can people that can't watch videos be compensated 100 vaults then.

Cannot Connect To Server
06-28-2015, 08:38 AM
i cant get videos and dont get paid for apps...the other day a video did show up first time since years after i read this post i chk and it wld not play it gave error said to retry when going back thr was no video. same ole... the game is unfair if some players can get 10-50 videos a day everyone shld be able to too.

it is so simple to make it fair...

just make 10 - 20 videos available per day and if ppl watch them or not its up to them but at least a set amount for every player is fair.