PDA

View Full Version : Free offer button ban

heavenssoldier07
06-11-2015, 08:43 PM
How is it possible to ban someone from getting free gems for the past 6 months without a real explanation? Gree is forcing people to buy gems when this a free to play game. Is this fair?

Kangaroeland
06-12-2015, 12:57 AM
They are not forcing anything. I know it sucks its gone but youre definitely not the only one.

SBBL Indigo
06-12-2015, 01:19 AM
Yea what Kangaroeland said. It's still perfectly possible to play the game without gems. And in fairness f2p players can do a lot more now without gems than they could have when the gem button was there. Heroic, epics for EB, etc.

The glitch abusers ruined it for you guys, sorry to say.

VirusknightX
06-12-2015, 07:03 AM
I play on iOS and I do not buy gems and yet I do just fine. It does suck that it is gone but there are so many ways to get gems now that it really isn't that bad. I farm quite a few every week just doing the arena, the EB, and then wars and raids. They are out there, you just got to work for them a little.

Vile Lynn
06-12-2015, 07:54 AM
How is it possible to ban someone from getting free gems for the past 6 months without a real explanation? Gree is forcing people to buy gems when this a free to play game. Is this fair?

It's all explained in the app's ToS. Every time you load the app and play, you are agreeing to GREE's ToS.

Basically, the ToS states anything GREE does is appropriate & legal.
They can ban any customer without disclosing an explanation.
It's their app. GREE owns your account: you do not have rights to any part of it no matter how many IAPs are made.
GREE can change anything in the app without notice or explanation, too.

If an account is found to be taking advantage of a glitch, I hope GREE bans them.

If a customer finds a glitch, they should report it to GREE and not exploit it.

Anarchos
06-12-2015, 10:27 AM
Apple has cracked down on companies using incentive based downloads and ads. I.E. Earn blah in your current game for doing X. Apple has stated that apps and companies may even be banned for doing that. That unfortunately is the business model for video partners (like TapJoy)... So if Gree's partners can't make money due to these new terms of service then Gree can't either.

Note: I'm not sure if videos advertising other games violates these terms by themselves, but the act of rewarding a player to view them might. This leaves partners like Fyber and TapJoy slim pickings as other games/apps are the bulk of their clients.

Apple did this as a response to companies gaming their ranking systems.

heavenssoldier07
06-13-2015, 03:36 PM
I am being punished for using Tapjoy. All I ever hear is it's up to developers and no one can give me a straight answer on when I will get my offer button back. It is hard to be competitive this way.

legalious
06-14-2015, 09:42 AM
I am not sure when the iOS button disappeared, but I did read online that says Apple will reject apps that premote other games and offer in-game incentives. The guidelines are a little vague but I can assume they will interpret it differently.

https://developer.apple.com/app-store/review/guidelines/#advertising