PDA

View Full Version : Health or Energy Regen Rewards

BeanTownBob
06-09-2015, 08:16 AM
I do not post on this Forum much as I would rather just play the game and chat with my faction mates. The drought has gone on long enough for desirable prizes. You have taken away key prizes. The Triple and Double strike was a short lived reward, but Health and Energy Regen were both consistent prizes that need to be brought back.

Being a consistent top 75 player on the individual portion of events for close to two years, I am hoping my words are taken with a little more weight. It is very important to bring back key prizes in order to infuse this game with a much needed spark of excitement.

In order to not just post an issue, let me also provide a solution:

World Domination:
- Health Regen for #1 finishes for both Faction and Division
- Energy Regen for top 50 Finish for Faction and top 5 for Division

Frontline:
- Health Regen for #1 finishes for both Faction
- Energy Regen for top 50 Finish for Faction

Crate LB:
- Energy Regen for top 50 finish

Sincerely,

BeanTownBob

Jg48
06-09-2015, 08:28 AM
Good luck with that BeanTownBob

And yes gree still is one foxy mamma

Pidgeot
06-09-2015, 08:37 AM
All health and energy rewards need to be top 250 at the lowest since these factions do spend money. Top 1 dont need health regen because they use refills anyway. These boost do need to come back.

Speed ump
06-09-2015, 09:59 AM
Totally agree bob, people play for the prizes, and why bother with the current batch of prizes, especially compared to the expense of the bigger events, in time and money.

1Shot
06-09-2015, 10:05 AM
Our prizes were kind of disappointing lately over in crime city, but now that have actually gotten way better... Maybe the same will happen here?

Bolt
06-09-2015, 10:07 AM
I do not post on this Forum much as I would rather just play the game and chat with my faction mates. The drought has gone on long enough for desirable prizes. You have taken away key prizes. The Triple and Double strike was a short lived reward, but Health and Energy Regen were both consistent prizes that need to be brought back.

Being a consistent top 75 player on the individual portion of events for close to two years, I am hoping my words are taken with a little more weight. It is very important to bring back key prizes in order to infuse this game with a much needed spark of excitement.

World Domination:

Frontline:

Crate LB:

Sincerely,

BeanTownBob

Thank you for taking the time to provide constructive feedback. I'll forward your feedback to the developers.

J-manKometh96
06-09-2015, 10:17 AM
Top 250 spends money? Not so much anymore, and if you are, you are doing something wrong.

DEWIN NUTTIN
06-09-2015, 10:22 AM

World Domination:

Frontline:

Crate LB:

Sincerely,

BeanTownBob

Your ideas are well thought out, and presented in a clear, concise format.
The issue they will have with any form of 'regen", it cuts into their "keep 'em spending" campaign.

I'll believe your counsel was taken seriously, if its ever put into production.

robmurphy
06-09-2015, 11:01 AM

World Domination:

Frontline:

Crate LB:

Sincerely,

BeanTownBob

Great post BTB

It's so disappointing to tap away constantly through the key events and end up with (at best) mediocre prize units.

Current RB is clearly going the same way. Masters prize is very poor.

Pidgeot
06-09-2015, 02:52 PM
Top 250 spends money? Not so much anymore, and if you are, you are doing something wrong.

I was in a top 250 faction. Lots of money is still spent there. Prizes like that should be deeper in ranking tiers.

HellRaizer
06-09-2015, 02:58 PM
I was in a top 250 faction. Lots of money is still spent there. Prizes like that should be deeper in ranking tiers.

I'm surprised. Top 250 is easily capable with a full active faction, gold free and barely hokd free.. Or are you saying gold is spent at that level for other purposes?

good gawd noooo
06-09-2015, 03:05 PM
I'm surprised. Top 250 is easily capable with a full active faction, gold free and barely hokd free.. Or are you saying gold is spent at that level for other purposes?

depends on team but yes some do.. if they desire to complete masters fltq or complete prestige sooner and try to do norm as well.. sometimes players use gold for extra boost in wd better chances on box event etc..you can basically assume gold is spent usually for personal gain(that actually benefits team as well) in almost all levels just not at the degree that is in top 100 up

Pidgeot
06-09-2015, 03:25 PM

Gold is spend on WD and frontline for sure and some like to complete the indie goals. I play gold free but I spend if the prizes are worth it. Top 250 is a good place for good prizes, at least things like +1 building upgrades. Not sure why they are so cheap with this boost.

ezmunie
06-09-2015, 04:51 PM

World Domination:

Frontline:

Crate LB:

Sincerely,

BeanTownBob

Why does the top 50 deserve all the health and energy regen?

What about the top 250?

Or the top 500?

Lots of gold buyers on all levels of play.

Ruthless Tyrant
06-09-2015, 05:41 PM
I think health and energy regen should be accessible to EVERY player in the game. It should not be isolated as rewards for top faction's placement in WD and frontline. It should be given as rewards for individual events and somewhat readily obtainable for free or very minimal gold.

Additionally, a deployment regen modifier is long overdue for use in FL.

As DEW said, GREE feels these type boosts can cut into the bottom line so they aren't given out as often as players would like. I am of the opinion if they did give these out a little more FREE-LY then it would actually boost revenue. Higher scoring at bottom in WD and FL will push the gold players to spend more to maintain their coveted WD & FL placements. Something to ponder.

East Coast Bias
06-09-2015, 06:25 PM
If for free or minimal gold, wouldn't you expect that for LTQs, the energy requirements will continue to rise, and for WD, no real change per se since everyone has cut their regen by a few secs. So if everyone moves up (slightly shorter regen) in lock step, not sure how that translates to more spending.

At the end of the day, if one wants better modifiers, stop spending gold below top50 or whatever. If you spend a vault here and there over the year, you will be no better off. While I don't suggest that anyone should feed gree any more money, if you should choose to do so, there is only one way to play this game. Get into the bonus program, put down some real money, ie: $2 or 5K, join a top 10/25 team, then try to stay there for as many cycles as you can (spend the gold plus bonus gold for a period of a year or so). Never buy a stray vault. That said, the modifiers are so poor today, I don't think this strategy even makes sense. The structure and economics of the game has been so screwed up, there really is no incentive to spend.

In conclusion, the spenders will continue doing so. What you have suggested doesn't really change anything because while your regen might have gone from 64 to 62, so has everyone else. Will that change the way I play, no.

Ruthless Tyrant
06-10-2015, 02:45 AM
Maybe I didn't elaborate enough. I'm talking about giving out frequent health regen. Not taking a regen from -64 to -62. You're right, that has zero impact. Let's say taking regens from -64 to -150, -250, or -500. You get enough players in lower ranks regenerating hits fast enough, it will drive up points in WD. Gold players will have to spend more to offset it. Thus, more revenue. Conversely, this could drive the spenders away even faster and kill game that much quicker. Who knows, it's on borrowed time as it is.

J-manKometh96
06-10-2015, 05:44 AM
The way health regen works, it eventually gets to a point where a 20% reduction only equals a few seconds.

BostonHammer
06-10-2015, 07:52 AM
Agree about the prizes, they stink. I'm not going to tap a moving NPC, who is mixed in with 20 other NPCs, 1000+ times for a 2% ground defense boost. And why bother going for masters in the RB for a 5% ground defense boost? The indy LTQs are now a welcome time off and RB is becoming the same way.

Rolinz
06-10-2015, 08:47 AM
They should randomize where the Energy and Health Regen boosts for each event.

If it is all over the place, it will give some lower factions a chance.

I think it would be very interesting to see it be in a few random places for Individual Rewards.

Imagine seeing people trying to rank in Top 100 and Top 1000 and Top 4000 and stay within those ranking near the end of the event?

That should give some interest back into these events. Trying to land in these different rankings would make people pay more attention to their participation rather than just tap tap tap and who can spend the most.

Three places, near the top, somewhere in the middle and near the bottom would give people in 3 areas of participation a chance at a most sought after prizes.

Just a thought.

ezmunie
06-10-2015, 04:09 PM
I hear the top tier regens in less than 15 mins, so why would they need more??

Most in my faction take 45 mins to regen completely.

Something is out of whack here if Gree bends to their demands.

East Coast Bias
06-10-2015, 06:37 PM
This is why the old FL prize formula made the event interesting. There were trade offs you needed to make. Faction and indi goals did not always sync. If you go for indi and overscore, you might push your faction into a tier that didn't have the prize everyone wanted, etc. By harmonizing the reward formula with WD, FL became less strategic from a reward standpoint. While I don't agree with some of the things said above, if you mix around rewards, you force changes in behavior. Remember when the building cost reward was once at the very end of the scale, and people were clamoring to slack so they did not score and get the unit? Put a juicy reward somewhere in the middle, would be fun to see top indi players change their game play to get it.

J-manKometh96
06-10-2015, 09:30 PM
I hear the top tier regens in less than 15 mins, so why would they need more??

Most in my faction take 45 mins to regen completely.

Something is out of whack here if Gree bends to their demands.
Lol. My regen is less than 12 minutes, and I missed all but two of the good regen units. Top teams regen much, much faster than 15 mins., but you know it doesn't matter to them as its all refills all the time.