PDA

View Full Version : Low Stats Loot For RB

Genen
06-08-2015, 02:40 PM
Can mods explain please why loot for this RB has much lower stats than in previous RB. For most in top factions these units will not make to the army.
If this is an oversight can devs please correct it. If not it would be a nice break from the previous farming madness.

DEWIN NUTTIN
06-08-2015, 02:57 PM
To encourage our benefactors and patrons to continue spending.
Thank you to those who spend, we wish you much continued prosperity.

Genen
06-08-2015, 03:01 PM
Huh? PJ u don't make sense. You cannot be one trick pony

Speed ump
06-08-2015, 03:14 PM
Maybe these are the rewards to show their appreciation of the long time players. Sit back and take a well deserved rest,lol.

Speed ump
06-08-2015, 03:16 PM
Genen, really? Expecting dew to make sense? That would be the same as expecting his hero, Obama to make sense, and get something right. Slim and none don't describe the chances of that happening in either case.

Sheldor Sir
06-08-2015, 03:36 PM
Y do Speed & Dewin sound like an old married couple!!!! they ***** at each other more than my missus does at me LMAO

Tee
06-08-2015, 04:02 PM
Obama is anyone's hero is very laughable. Ok. That's my political rant

And for the topic. There is a RB on? Guess they would require login for confirmation. Nah, staying on extended break. :)

Danger Mouse
06-08-2015, 04:08 PM
Y do Speed & Dewin sound like an old married couple!!!! they ***** at each other more than my missus does at me LMAO

There's definitely some subliminal attraction there. Imagine two stalkers that develop a fixation on each other :-))

Bolt
06-08-2015, 04:11 PM
Can mods explain please why loot for this RB has much lower stats than in previous RB. For most in top factions these units will not make to the army.
If this is an oversight can devs please correct it. If not it would be a nice break from the previous farming madness.

It is by design. I will keep an eye out for feedback on this event and forward it to the developers.

Speed ump
06-08-2015, 04:13 PM
Cool, break time then, get out the booze and the cards.

truthteller
06-08-2015, 04:28 PM
It is by design to stop all players from farming units and we hope they will continue RB goals and spend gold. I will keep an eye out for feedback on this event and forward it to the developers.

There
you forgot to tell us why, but I got your back my friend and completed the sentence the dev did not wanted you to say
that looks more believable :rolleyes:

Big John
06-08-2015, 05:02 PM
Hmm, Speed and his friends not spending, rethink required.

MAD NUGGETT
06-08-2015, 05:03 PM
So basically it just lets players catch up while top teams can do nothing. You know, design. Hehehe

Helios Von Elisar
06-08-2015, 05:50 PM
All of my feedback for RBE would be extremely negative. If I said how I really felt I would probably receive another warning. Just tell them I'm not tickled pink over the rewards and look forward to the vacation I've just started until the next event comes up. If it's no better I'll have a weekend off also.

Genen
06-08-2015, 06:10 PM
So basically it just lets players catch up while top teams can do nothing. You know, design. Hehehe
If this is GREE's intent then it's clumsy one. You cannot design event for everybody to participate, but that benefits only low stats players. Plus we all have to endure crazy lag during RB. It's just not fair. lol.

ju100
06-08-2015, 08:36 PM
It is by design. I will keep an eye out for feedback on this event and forward it to the developers.

Whoa, if it is by design, you should change the designer(s). The factions below top 100 won't bother to do the event since they can't follow the goals and won't bother to farm any unit...
But I guess the designer(s) already knew that...

Laurence1
06-08-2015, 10:00 PM
And so you have it the great equalisation lol. They must have made enough money not to need any this month lol

Pidgeot
06-08-2015, 10:03 PM
Now if only they would bring back the +1 building upgrade, health reduction and energy boost back.

DEWIN NUTTIN
06-08-2015, 10:16 PM
This RB is designed to assist the new players.
Yes, new players, jump on in, the water is warm, and no predators are in sight.

Danger Mouse
06-08-2015, 11:09 PM
This RB is designed to assist the new players.
Yes, new players, jump on in, the water is warm, and no predators are in sight.

This is the part at the start of the movie where you watch the kids playing around on the beach and one of them shouts "Hey, the water's nice! Come on in!"

(Cue Jaws theme music)

Pidgeot
06-08-2015, 11:52 PM
lets remember these new member still need 1.8b raw stats to get the loot.

Rolinz
06-09-2015, 12:09 AM

Is it by design that they lower the loot units but still maintain the high health of the Raid Boss?

ju100
06-09-2015, 02:44 AM
Is it by design that they lower the loot units but still maintain the high health of the Raid Boss?

It must be...

[You changed your avatar, didn't you? It was a VFF one before. Did you change faction?]

rutty
06-09-2015, 03:05 AM
Designed to make the event less attractive to just about everyone. Genius.

Jg48
06-09-2015, 03:16 AM
Gree is just monkeying around it's what they do best is make players quit or go gold free. Good job gree.

And yes gree still sucks

Gileas
06-09-2015, 03:18 AM

Bolt,
While I do appreciate your efforts, which by all indicators are sincere and well meant, I'm always a little cautious when mods go making statements in plain, understandable English. It feels wrong. Nevertheless please do ask what they think they are doing, and if you might toss in the question about where the ltb decided to be removed and how we can get it reinstated that would be nice as well. Those were one of the games standards, and equal across players from whales to newbies. Everyone could sc**** up some cash for a new, neat building. Now, they've removed that too. It's so frustrating when people who don't play or care about the game make admin decisions because they woke up on the wrong side of the bed or their horoscope suggested it, whatever. As a follow up question, GREE has been promising to reintroduce the equipment since they yanked it in a panic, any news on that?
It was the one good idea I'd seen in years. That, and of course (and with all honesty and zero sarcasm) the miracle in customer service that started about 4-6 weeks ago where the tickets get read and the responses are helpful, and if GREE screwed up instead of blaming the players it is assuming some responsibility. That is the 100% finest most amazing thing I've seen GREE do. I just hope it didn't come too late.
Gil

Helios Von Elisar
06-09-2015, 04:31 AM
The bosses aren't any easier but the prizes got worse. The goals are still smaller than the prizes handed out for just hitting the boss. This event is a non-event and profits for Gree will be down.

I would tell you to fire the designer, but usually someone with such poor skills and bad ideas is directly related to a person of power at the company. So tell the guy slapping everyone on the back and shouting "that's my boy" that his aspiring genius would be better off handling Gree payroll. Then let him do to the employees pay checks what he is doing to the game.

bam bam.
06-09-2015, 05:07 AM
Another winning formula shut down.

Hmmm. I'm confused, are we wanting fun events?.

Trying to say this without being super negative but this is a mistake.

J-manKometh96
06-09-2015, 05:43 AM
Uh Gil, the LTB comes out today.

good gawd noooo
06-09-2015, 12:06 PM
If this is esigned to help low stat players they really should of lowered boss health... the teams which this helpprolly cant complete it anyway.. basically bolt you can report back this is a failure.. but since you work for gree to them that means success..no offense to you.. just company intentions

Agent Orange
06-09-2015, 01:00 PM

Probably no need to forward any feedback. It's going to show up in this weeks revenues.

Bolt
06-09-2015, 01:00 PM
Bolt,
While I do appreciate your efforts, which by all indicators are sincere and well meant, I'm always a little cautious when mods go making statements in plain, understandable English. It feels wrong. Nevertheless please do ask what they think they are doing, and if you might toss in the question about where the ltb decided to be removed and how we can get it reinstated that would be nice as well. Those were one of the games standards, and equal across players from whales to newbies. Everyone could sc**** up some cash for a new, neat building. Now, they've removed that too. It's so frustrating when people who don't play or care about the game make admin decisions because they woke up on the wrong side of the bed or their horoscope suggested it, whatever. As a follow up question, GREE has been promising to reintroduce the equipment since they yanked it in a panic, any news on that?
It was the one good idea I'd seen in years. That, and of course (and with all honesty and zero sarcasm) the miracle in customer service that started about 4-6 weeks ago where the tickets get read and the responses are helpful, and if GREE screwed up instead of blaming the players it is assuming some responsibility. That is the 100% finest most amazing thing I've seen GREE do. I just hope it didn't come too late.
Gil

Thank you for the feedback. I will make sure the design team gets feedback on this RB to evaluate. I posted about the next ltb here (http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?116189-No-ltb-this-month) (starts today). Unfortunately I don't have any news on equipment as I don't believe there has been any definitive progress yet on the future of that feature.

If this is esigned to help low stat players they really should of lowered boss health... the teams which this helpprolly cant complete it anyway.. basically bolt you can report back this is a failure.. but since you work for gree to them that means success..no offense to you.. just company intentions

I know designers look at several data points to evaluate each event; I will make sure to forward feedback like the one found on this thread.

Agent Orange
06-09-2015, 01:04 PM

Yes would agree the L5 boss is the only one my 1b stat guys can hit in one shot. At that rate with all 40 of my players in my main faction I should make it to L45 so this certainly is not designed to help new players and factions.

Bolt
06-09-2015, 01:23 PM
Yes would agree the L5 boss is the only one my 1b stat guys can hit in one shot. At that rate with all 40 of my players in my main faction I should make it to L45 so this certainly is not designed to help new players and factions.

AO, maybe you can help me understand some of the nuance a little more. In your view, what is the expectation of how far any given faction will go on a raid boss? if you stop at L45, is this considered "weak"? what rank of factions "should" complete all levels of a raid boss and are these calculations based on historical data or a different assumption I am not familiar with?

good gawd noooo
06-09-2015, 01:36 PM
bolt what is the last boss lvl for east?? we zoomed threw it but my team is a top 100 so honestly I wasn't even on or hitting at that point.but a a team with 40 members should be able to at least complete normal. so if his team is barely able to complete easy then yes it would seem that his team is weak. No offense AO. so if this is supposed to help them catch up this is a fail

Agent Orange
06-09-2015, 02:04 PM
AO, maybe you can help me understand some of the nuance a little more. In your view, what is the expectation of how far any given faction will go on a raid boss? if you stop at L45, is this considered "weak"? what rank of factions "should" complete all levels of a raid boss and are these calculations based on historical data or a different assumption I am not familiar with?

This is a good question. I have three 'test' factions one 14 player which is my 'A' team which is a mix of stats all above 8b and typically places top 1000 in WD, the B team with 18 players all below 10b states that places top 1200 in WD and the 'C' team with 8 players all under 1b stats but place in top 1400. That might not seem great but consider I only did 3-4-8 battles with them and lost none.

I consider all players in the B and C factions to be above average stat wise for their in game levels which range from 69 down to 8. I see most players at their levels with much much lower stats which leads me to believe that the average new player does not stand any hope of completing even the most basic of the RB levels.

But because RB has such high requirements even for the base easy levels I wind up having to merge all three factions into one. For example I can pretty much do one hit from each of my bottom 30 players to kill the L20 RB. And I don't consider my players to be weak but average to above average given their levels.

Personally I would expect average factions to make it through Easy and partly into Regular, above averge to make it through Regular and into Prestige and the top factions to make it through Prestige and possibly to the end.

But the real problem is the total inconsistency of the prizes from event to event. If anything they start out good to great and rapidly degenerate to crap. And to me this points out the biggest glaring fault with gree dev, they do not have an overall plan, just a bunch of cobbled together and often non funtioning events. If they want to return the game to it's glory days they have to sit down and think through a long term strategy where events build upon eachother and give the players attainable and interesting goals.

Not this relentless tappy tap crap designed for kids, which leads to my other comment they appear to have no clue what the demographic of their most hard core players is. Hint it ain't teen agers.....

Quixa
06-09-2015, 02:21 PM
The units are low and the rewards for completing the goals are garbage. There are two good things, the health packs and picking up units for weaker faction members. My faction hasn't been able to complete prestige in many cycles; therefore, we have no chance at the wrapper.

good gawd noooo
06-09-2015, 03:16 PM
The units are low and the rewards for completing the goals are garbage. There are two good things, the health packs and picking up units for weaker faction members. My faction hasn't been able to complete prestige in many cycles; therefore, we have no chance at the wrapper.

are many higher level teams that open up "jump" rooms to help lower factions earn better rewards and possibly earn indi. most do NOT require power attacks just jump hit leave and return and with the volume of players doing so the bosses go down within an hour or so. it is VERY sad however that game has come to appoint were this is needed. but totally awesome of the teams that are thoughtful and smart enough to take advantage of this option. their team gets to farm faster and get more rewards at same time other players have chance to get rewards they otherwise never would. so props to those teams on helping others and helping themselves

if interested try doing a search for rooms with word jump in their name on groupme I am sure works with other chat apps as well

unfortunately with rewards this rb not so sure many will open the rooms up and your raw stat increase wont be as substancial as it would of been in the past but still worth it if you are able to get indi

Agent Orange
06-09-2015, 03:30 PM
One problem with jumping is that those popping in need to be able to make the minimum required score for that boss. My under 1b attack LLPs average 800,000,000 which just makes L20 or somewhere around there.

Oh and my comment about making the goals is what I would like to see not what is actually happening in game.

Cannot Connect To Server
06-09-2015, 04:10 PM
wrappers been out for many bosses but loots been pointless too hours and hours for 39m prestige...useless vs farm...and now its 9m? totally useless for most and the ones who need it cant beat it.

rbs now been destoyed... fl is crap stupid popups too...wd tiring... ltqs fltqs totally poitless for 5,000 taps only epic left and if its anything like cc epic then its waste of time too.

gree have destroyed all events as thrs no one thr that even knows didly past Rob us all for gold it seems.

no clue at all. no fun.zio in a Gree game.

WBS
06-09-2015, 04:21 PM
FL I think is still best event minus the lags and pop ups. It doesn't feel like a job to participate in.

bam bam.
06-09-2015, 05:43 PM
Roll it back to the old formula, I think top 2000 should be able to complete normal, top 1000 prestige and top 50 master.

As is my team which finishes around 500 struggle with bosses above lvl 60.

Laurence1
06-09-2015, 10:36 PM
WD ranking is meaningless in RB event. This is all about raw power not where a team finished in WD or Fl. The problem is the carrot at the end of easy , normal, regular etc. if it is not proportional to the rewards given for each boss take down then we have no incentive to even try to finsh and event. Just off the top of my head finishing prestige the reward should be a 120-150 mil unit with a decent bonus which would be enough to stop people farming 2 mil units.
Easy should be able to be done by small new players or factions with the amount of damage needed to be achievable. And should get progressively harder as you you go up the chain to normal etc.

The rewards along the way are not worth the time and hassle either 300k unit vs a 2-12 mil it does not require Einstein to figure out which is better to do. If anything it needs to be reversed. Make doing the goal the only real option. Health paks where great. Teams wanted them for the next WD so the did the gaols to get them now 2 or 3 only again not worth the time and effort.

This can be applied to Fl as well. No one or (very few) need tanks or planes as rewards let alone 3 gunners for dropping 250 of them who cares, make the reward worth the effort.

The mistake you have made is taking away the big sparkling rewards.. People get used to something and then it's removed and presto withdrawal kicks in and resentment.
Only my 2 cents for what it's worth

Sundown
06-10-2015, 01:14 PM
Following up on what others have said and adding my opinion I'd like to see RB with the following structure:
Loot rewards:
L5 - 1m/1m stats, zero requirement, let the new/low accounts farm all day to build up their stats
L10-L150 - I like what you have done but would cap the rewards at 10m or lower. Farming units should have a limited ceiling.

Let's get the focus back on completing easy, regular, prestige, and master.
Easy should have a 50m unit reward with a bonus (it doesn't have to be a great one but anything makes us feel good)
Regular with a 75m unit reward with a bonus
Prestige with a 100m unit reward with a bonus
Master with a 125m unit reward with a bonus
I'd limit the goal rewards in between to 25m with each level progressing up to that value. Completing the goals is better than farming looted items and people are limited in how many they can get.

Personally I'd like to see the values more stable so that factions could see improvement from event to event. As a group gets stronger they go further vs the need to maintain the status quo. If too many groups finish the event gold free than add another level. Add a Beginner level for new accounts with very low stats.

Helios Von Elisar
06-10-2015, 07:29 PM
I would say the average faction should be able to get to level 20 of prestige gold free. Determining what the average faction is will be the tough part. I always viewed top 100 as the line. You have to work hard to stay there, not so hard if you rank more than 100 in WD.

Gold use to finish prestige is reasonable, it should be challenging but attainable without breaking the bank. A lot of gold to finish master is expected, I'm not upset if only the top 25 make it. They are in a different class and don't affect my world.

RBE was too easy, then it got much too hard.

Speed ump
06-10-2015, 08:10 PM
Orange, I was concerned when I started this game that it would be all teens, and I'd be the only one who wasn't, I was quite suprised to learn that the majority were no where near their teens.

WBS
06-10-2015, 08:37 PM
Orange, I was concerned when I started this game that it would be all teens, and I'd be the only one who wasn't, I was quite suprised to learn that the majority were no where near their teens.

I think the majority of players I have ran into were in their mid 20's. Out of 60 we only had 2 players below 18. Most were all working folks. As you probably know it's quite different in other game titles like COC where there are a lot of teens and younger.

Genen
06-11-2015, 06:28 PM
Unfortunately many posters in this thread ended up to be correct. Besides of the break from crazy farming the ongoing RB is a complete cluster ... Even for SUP it took few days to complete all the goals. Prize for Masters is pretty decent, for prestige just low bonus. But regular and easy are just useless. I am not sure who even would benefit from low stats loot available for Easy Mode. So strong stats folks not happy because loot is crappy and low stats players not happy because they don't have enough power neither complete goals nor farm.
Dear modes I would give piece of advise. May be before you implement new matrix for events you can post it on forum so players will give you their input. it will save a lot of headache for all.
Also why WD prizes for many cycles now only released at the day of WD and same for FL. What's the purpose of this secrecy?
And lastly we have upcoming Epic Boss event that will last for 11 days. I for one don't want repetition of current RB. Please make available decent loot. I would say that Legendary Units have to be minimum 70-80 million stats.

HellRaizer
06-12-2015, 01:19 AM

I'm going to answer this one a little differently :)

Firstly, I think nowadays it would be a very difficult thing for a player to quantify the "strength" of an account, because with the numerous occurrences of stat inflation player stats are vastly spread. Even a "strong" player would become a very "weak" player if they ignored the game during particular months.

So, leaving that aside. Lets consider that each event does have to be profitable to Gree. i.e. Events that do not bring in money are detrimental to the profits of the game. Therefore, in an event such as this, having a faction of "weak" players that cannot even complete normal mode, and be awarded the truly terrible prizes will never want to purchase gold to go onto higher modes. In this case there is just no incentive for "weak" players to purchase gold

good gawd noooo
06-12-2015, 01:35 AM
I'm going to answer this one a little differently :)

Firstly, I think nowadays it would be a very difficult thing for a player to quantify the "strength" of an account, because with the numerous occurrences of stat inflation player stats are vastly spread. Even a "strong" players would become a very "weak" player if they ignored the game during particular months.

So, leaving that aside. Lets consider that each event does have to be profitable to Gree. i.e. Events that do not bring in money are detrimental to the profits of the game. Therefore, in an event such as this, having a faction of "weak" players that cannot even complete normal mode, and be awarded the truly terrible prizes will never want to purchase gold to onto higher modes. In this case there is just no inventive for "weak" players to purchase gold

I would add that when they did march madness and the last epic boss it took us from maybe four tiers of players ie newbies, weak, average, and the super group to about 8 or ten different tiers. all of those tiers now have tiers of their own and finding a way to give all of them a challenge is impossible.. gree needs to find a way to get it back to the four tiers instead of and multi lvls we now have and then MAYBE they can design an event that is challenging to all and rewarding to all

HellRaizer
06-12-2015, 03:33 AM
I would add that when they did march madness and the last epic boss it took us from maybe four tiers of players ie newbies, weak, average, and the super group to about 8 or ten different tiers. all of those tiers now have tiers of their own and finding a way to give all of them a challenge is impossible.. gree needs to find a way to get it back to the four tiers instead of and multi lvls we now have and then MAYBE they can design an event that is challenging to all and rewarding to all

Completely agree

bam bam.
06-12-2015, 03:46 AM
A new currency would solve it. Start everyone fresh. They were on the right path with equipment but spewed it up by not informing anyone ahead of time and releasing it during mad glitchy events. And then make sure they aimed to keep inflation around 1-2% per month maximum. Rather than upping it and upping it every cycle. In the funzio days we dreamed of one day making a million in stats. Our massive units had 200-200 stats. Go slow. Don't make the gap between the haves and have nots be trillions when you are only giving away units with millions. Do 1-2 events based around the new currency per cycle then slowly up the events based on the new currency.

Big John
06-12-2015, 03:51 AM
After ignoring their customers for years they sure are all ears now when the company is heading down the pan.

thescondo
06-12-2015, 04:27 AM
Huh? PJ u don't make sense. You cannot be one trick pony

PJ !!?!?!?!? Is it really you!!

I was going to set up a poll and ask who had the more cryptic posts:

Dew Nothing or PJ

Never thought they may be one in the same!

Save your Groats!!