PDA

View Full Version : What about increasing the price of current frontline units?

Pidgeot
06-06-2015, 08:30 PM
Rather than taking away players money, why not change up what we have now and increase the price the current units?

Frontline Arjun
3000 DP
3,185,333 cash

Frontline Elite Gunner
11,945 DP
13,850,000 cash

Frontline Aurora
23,450 DP
178,000 Valor

Frontline Main Carrier
40,000 DP
37 Gold

With this change, the Arjun becomes the weakest or the units with 3000 deploy points and gains the price the Gunner. Since all players can afford the current gunner, this change affects no one other than those with small IPH and their points. The Gunner's price goes up to 13.8 million cash each to adjust the cash inflation. The Aurora is made relevant and would have around 23k DP but would cost valor, just to give it more use since valor has none. The 178k valor cost would prevent abuse of buying them. The bulk cost would be 13.5m valor for 100, which is the same for the Vicious Juggernaut and the ship just gets a power boost to compensate for the Aurora.

J-manKometh96
06-07-2015, 12:40 AM
Again, only affects those that DIDNT glitch, and does nothing to those that did.

HellRaizer
06-07-2015, 01:18 AM
Game over for noobs

bam bam.
06-07-2015, 01:20 AM
Also won't help noobs. I have an iph over $800m/hr as I have been at it a while so it won't slow me and I don't play in top teams. Won't bridge the gap. Will just make it worse.

Maybe if they started paying out Valor as rewards in decent amounts for easy missions the little guys could compete, obviously they would have to offer up a strong Valor unit

HellRaizer
06-07-2015, 01:30 AM
What has to be remembered, is that, with stat inflation and iph inflation the range of players types in this game has vastly changed.

Eg
Level 300+ stats in trillions max iph
Level 300+ in dormant(ish) factions, stats in millions/low billions high iph

Mid level players
Low level players in strong factions

Noobs in noob factions

And lot more different scenarios.

Introducing a change based on only some of these groups and potentially destroys events for other groups.

I remember when I created a new LLP, FL was very difficult to participate in and I would save cash and units for just one fight of 250 deploys. If these changes where implemented, that account would be able to do nothing

Pidgeot
06-07-2015, 01:57 AM
What has to be remembered, is that, with stat inflation and iph inflation the range of players types in this game has vastly changed.

Eg
Level 300+ stats in trillions max iph
Level 300+ in dormant(ish) factions, stats in millions/low billions high iph

Mid level players
Low level players in strong factions

Noobs in noob factions

And lot more different scenarios.

Introducing a change based on only some of these groups and potentially destroys events for other groups.

I remember when I created a new LLP, FL was very difficult to participate in and I would save cash and units for just one fight of 250 deploys. If these changes where implemented, that account would be able to do nothing

Like Speed would say, not all events should be as accessible by everyone at its highest level. While I dont mind frontline being a easy to play in event, more than enough cash is given out to pay for gunners. We can also recycle units. A single recycle of a 34m a/d units gives a ton of cash. Most people can pay for gunners like they are candy ad others can afford them if needed. Players need to work on IPH and they aren't because they dont have to.

Move the cost of the gunner to the tanks and if people want gunners, then they need that IPH others worked for. The cost of gunners is not that bad. These players would need to balance their play styles like the rest had to. I have always believed that IPH is the only stat that really matters and should be chased.

I dont know what you mean by noob by the way. A noob to me is a player who will pay any game wrong without understanding of its meta.

Pidgeot
06-07-2015, 02:01 AM
Also won't help noobs. I have an iph over $800m/hr as I have been at it a while so it won't slow me and I don't play in top teams. Won't bridge the gap. Will just make it worse.

Maybe if they started paying out Valor as rewards in decent amounts for easy missions the little guys could compete, obviously they would have to offer up a strong Valor unit

Yes, cash rewards and valor rewards would need to be far better but people seem to think that everyone needs gunners when its not the case because lets face it, no account is currently using Aurora or tanks if they dont have to. Almost everyone is using gunners. Most players like me only do wars with full deploys so there is time to raid. Maybe make the take a bit cheaper but I dont think people would really have problems affording them with the ways there are to get money.

Pidgeot
06-07-2015, 02:03 AM
Again, only affects those that DIDNT glitch, and does nothing to those that did.

most players have no issue buying gunners as of now and those who worked on IPH wont have much issue.

HellRaizer
06-07-2015, 02:29 AM
Like Speed would say, not all events should be as accessible by everyone at its highest level. While I dont mind frontline being a easy to play in event, more than enough cash is given out to pay for gunners. We can also recycle units. A single recycle of a 34m a/d units gives a ton of cash. Most people can pay for gunners like they are candy ad others can afford them if needed. Players need to work on IPH and they aren't because they dont have to.

Move the cost of the gunner to the tanks and if people want gunners, then they need that IPH others worked for. The cost of gunners is not that bad. These players would need to balance their play styles like the rest had to. I have always believed that IPH is the only stat that really matters and should be chased.

I dont know what you mean by noob by the way. A noob to me is a player who will pay any game wrong without understanding of its meta.

Noob=newbie .. A player new to the game. (which can result in poor playing and hence the mockery they may receive)

All of these suggestions rule out players new to the game or people who play in the bottom factions.. Its not wise to just ditch a percentage of the community completely for a main event.

Create a brand new account and join one of the bottom factions (not T25 or even T500) and see what its like playing the game

HellRaizer
06-07-2015, 02:32 AM
A possible enhancement to your suggestion is to create a 5th unit.. Frontline Grunt as an example.. 30k cash but only 30DP .. This would allow the beginners to compete with each other

HellRaizer
06-07-2015, 02:33 AM
Maybe even have "beginner rewards" based on stats... But that would involve additional coding which may go wrong

Pidgeot
06-07-2015, 02:47 AM
@ HellRaizer

I have a new account in CC and I cant play in their Street Assault because my IPH is so low. I dont play the account but I do log in everyday to make 3 upgrades since I have +2 building upgrades on it. My IPH there is about 72k. Beginners cant play in any event in MW very well but perhaps adding a 5 units to frontline would help, just not sure how they would add the button. Also the goal side of things will kill them since they wont be able to finish them but the problem is people are expecting to be able to use the best frontline cash unit without the IPH needed to support them.

J-manKometh96
06-07-2015, 03:56 AM
most players have no issue buying gunners as of now and those who worked on IPH wont have much issue.
Not really true, but let's pretend it is. It still won't do anything but hurt new people because you think glitchers should be punished. It doesn't accomplish anything. A whole lot of effort for no gain.

Pidgeot
06-07-2015, 04:36 AM
Not really true, but let's pretend it is. It still won't do anything but hurt new people because you think glitchers should be punished. It doesn't accomplish anything. A whole lot of effort for no gain.

What can a new player really do in frontline anyway? They cant do much of anything or even complete goal and when all players are dropping gunners, what will their auroras do? Cash is not that hard for new players to get since they have many ways to get it. They need to build IPH like the rest of us had to.

HellRaizer
06-07-2015, 04:47 AM
What can a new player really do in frontline anyway? They cant do much of anything or even complete goal and when all players are dropping gunners, what will their auroras do? Cash is not that hard for new players to get since they have many ways to get it. They need to build IPH like the rest of us had to.

Create a brand new account and try to apply to factions the aren't connected to any players you currently know.. You should be able to find some t1000 factions willing to let you in.. Then see how long it will take you to get to an IPH that could meet your suggestions.

Gree have to keep this game appealing to new blood, not just for the current whales, otherwise as the top end players retire the obvious will begin to happen

East Coast Bias
06-07-2015, 05:06 AM
Create a brand new account and try to apply to factions the aren't connected to any players you currently know.. You should be able to find some t1000 factions willing to let you in.. Then see how long it will take you to get to an IPH that could meet your suggestions.

Gree have to keep this game appealing to new blood, not just for the current whales, otherwise as the top end players retire the obvious will begin to happen

Sorry HR, but for once, and I mean once, Pokemon is right. As I've posted before, my lv70 micro account with less than $400k IPH is able to score 45m easily in FL. Never benefited from any glitch and just recycles RB units to pay for the gunners. You just need to play smart and weigh the benefits of recycling several high stat units (which will lower your stats) vs the rewards from frontline (plus the units you receive from the indi goals). Therefore his suggestion actually makes sense, and any noob who plays smart can still participate in FL.

Perhaps you should read my running blog.

http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?104723-Running-Blog-The-Life-of-a-New-Player-Account

J-manKometh96
06-07-2015, 05:15 AM
Is that account a faction of one?

East Coast Bias
06-07-2015, 05:37 AM
Is that account a faction of one?

There are so many jumper rooms that even a new account can farm decent units in RB. Big applause to ICF, who had the baddest jumper room ever. Made sure people could go back until the start of FL to get their last units. Very well organized.

J-manKometh96
06-07-2015, 08:06 AM
Ah, but that's the point HR was making. Being a long time player, you already know that aspect which really isn't part of the game. You have "connections". Someone new may never learn of that.

HellRaizer
06-07-2015, 08:21 AM
Exactly.. What I'm saying, is imagine you are new to this game.. No previous faction connections, no groupme (or other chat app), no forums.. All you do is play and request via peoples walls or in game search. We live a different playing experience compared to people who only use the game itself for communication

Agent Orange
06-07-2015, 10:48 AM
Ah, but that's the point HR was making. Being a long time player, you already know that aspect which really isn't part of the game. You have "connections". Someone new may never learn of that.

Exactly, any of us have the upper hand creating a brand new account and bulking it up easily. But someone just following the limited directions and not in the forum or a faction getting help is going to be totally lost.

I think why none of P's suggestion make any sense, because he is never ever looking at the big picture.

Big John
06-07-2015, 11:08 AM
Why the obsession with a glitch, time to let it go.

Sheldor Sir
06-07-2015, 11:41 AM
my 2 small accounts do 1 war per FL using free units that are won with main accounts then right at end I do 1 war with 250 gunners on mains to max multiplier then deploy everything on minis usually they can get 3.6mil so gives them nice stat boost

bam bam.
06-07-2015, 12:36 PM
Exactly.. What I'm saying, is imagine you are new to this game.. No previous faction connections, no groupme (or other chat app), no forums.. All you do is play and request via peoples walls or in game search. We live a different playing experience compared to people who only use the game itself for communication

No, the whole world revolves around one person durrrrr!

Pidgeot
06-07-2015, 01:35 PM
Exactly, any of us have the upper hand creating a brand new account and bulking it up easily. But someone just following the limited directions and not in the forum or a faction getting help is going to be totally lost.

I think why none of P's suggestion make any sense, because he is never ever looking at the big picture.

I do look at the big picture.

East Coast Bias
06-07-2015, 03:07 PM

I think you are purposely dumbing the argument to make your point. I started playing Boom Beach about a two months ago given my lack of interest in MW. Downloaded game, figured some company created the game so browsed the web, found the forum, looked for some tips/videos using yahoo, etc. Now, despite playing for free, my account is one of the better ones from a VP vs level standpoint.

If you browse the MW forum, you will find the various invites for factions, black market rooms, etc., which then help you find the jumper rooms and more. It's all about investing some time (not money) in the game and improving your game strategy. And what stops you from asking a fellow faction member or a forum member for advice? By relying on the argument that there is a newbie who has no info, has no one to turn to, doesn't know the internet exists, etc., to make the point of how hard it will be for that kind of player is completely wrong. I'd go as far as to say if the player isn't curious enough to figure some of these things out, they are likely to also not succeed in life, because while this is only a game, some of the things you need to do, which is essentially research and making connections to improve your chances, are the same. No, having created a 100 trillion account does not equate or mean you will succeed in the real world, but having and planning a strategy, seeing the big picture of how this particular game works, etc., is the same as needing to figure out how to get from A to B in life - like getting a finance degree, starting as an analyst at one of the major Wall Street firms, getting a top 3 MBA, going back to investment banking, then making money. Yes, all requires planning.

HellRaizer
06-07-2015, 04:17 PM
@East Coast Bias

I don't believe I am dumbing it down, but rather showing a perspective of many 1000s of players that don't use the forums or group chats..

Yes by all means, compare a game to the trials and tribulations of life if you want, however for many, a game is a form of escapism from real life. Once said person has to start researching the optimal way of playing the game, it may no longer be what one intended it to be.

I myself played the majority of MW in T10-T100 (and comically have gone through the career path you describe but in London City/Canary Wharf) and quit once the game turned into a second job, but I am speaking for the average players that just go into the game to have fun without caring about the mechanics of it.

Redbandit
06-07-2015, 04:47 PM
Im with u hellraizer keep it like is is for noobs to hav fun as well istead of bumping it up b creative and create a new event u can use your cash on

East Coast Bias
06-07-2015, 05:25 PM
@East Coast Bias

I don't believe I am dumbing it down, but rather showing a perspective of many 1000s of players that don't use the forums or group chats..

Yes by all means, compare a game to the trials and tribulations of life if you want, however for many, a game is a form of escapism from real life. Once said person has to start researching the optimal way of playing the game, it may no longer be what one intended it to be.

I myself played the majority of MW in T10-T100 (and comically have gone through the career path you describe but in London City/Canary Wharf) and quit once the game turned into a second job, but I am speaking for the average players that just go into the game to have fun without caring about the mechanics of it.

I don't think so. The average player wants to improve bit by bit. The type you describe about playing without caring about the mechanics are those who don't get anywhere and quickly leave the game.

Funny what you say. It's exactly what gree has turned this game into and why people are quitting.

J-manKometh96
06-07-2015, 06:25 PM
Bias, it is, and always has been, as HR says for those that are anything but top 200. Not everyone wants to be the best. Most just want to have some fun and see some increases for the time they put into it. Comparing to Boom Beach actually hurts your argument, as everything you need is actually in the game. Sure, doing what you did may speed things up and make it easier, but it is not necessary. So much of MW is actually based outside of the game, that it's not the same situation here.

East Coast Bias
06-08-2015, 03:03 AM
Bias, it is, and always has been, as HR says for those that are anything but top 200. Not everyone wants to be the best. Most just want to have some fun and see some increases for the time they put into it. Comparing to Boom Beach actually hurts your argument, as everything you need is actually in the game. Sure, doing what you did may speed things up and make it easier, but it is not necessary. So much of MW is actually based outside of the game, that it's not the same situation here.

Come on, do you guys really play top250 or below? I've played top750 about 9 months ago before moving up to top250. I would say that typically half to two-thirds of the members are slackers, but the other half tend to be somewhat informed to well informed. The difference of where they play and the top tier is that less than 5-10% spend any money so its just regen plus med packs when they want to go for a win. Of course, I provide some real bad ideas to improve the teams, but in general I would say these teams care about mechanics - at least those who play. But perhaps these teams aren't representative, but there are passionate players down there and they do know the forum exists.

J-manKometh96
06-08-2015, 04:36 AM
Actually, yes I do. Moved up over time from 1500 to 250, first with my own faction and then a merge with a second one. After being plagued by slackers and big spenders moving up, and dropping back to 500 as a result, another merge was made and jumped up to top 100 (I declined as I chose not to participate at that level and now sit at about 2000). Of all the people I've played with in all that time, at all those varying levels, most do not know nearly anything about the game. They just follow the orders of those that do.

Pidgeot
06-08-2015, 05:01 AM
The thing is the game needs to move forward. I started in Ferr's faction when he was around, then I jumped to between top 1000 to 250. Most of the faction was slackers. I was part of the group that put in work, that small 10% keeping the faction "up" and carrying people. I now sit at at top 40 to 50 faction full of active players. The key here is active players. I've missed out of energy rewards because or team "loyalty".

The game will move forward and those that dont want to stop playing. New player if they are serious will play like the rest and look for the resources we all use. The biggest issue with this game is its moving too fast and there are no internal resources on the forums for players to access.