PDA

View Full Version : [SA] Timer

Vile Lynn
06-05-2015, 12:25 PM
SA timer is one hour less than the SA goals timers.
Which is correct? I'll guess SA timer but would like confirmation.

Also, SA ends in the middle of the night for USA?
Strange time to end an event.

Evan1000
06-05-2015, 12:41 PM
My guess is goals. And I like this new end time. Now people aren't trying to get their last hits in in school/at work but in the comfort of their own homes. So when I yell at my phone out of frustration no one besides my family will look at me funny

Vile Lynn
06-05-2015, 12:45 PM
My guess is goals. And I like this new end time. Now people aren't trying to get their last hits in in school/at work but in the comfort of their own homes. So when I yell at my phone out of frustration no one besides my family will look at me funny

lol! I'll be in bed, not yelling at my phones.

Jeronimo
06-05-2015, 12:47 PM
It will end at 8 am in the morning. I don't like that, I always wake up later :(

On the other hand, I could combine this with a 60-minute run, some cardio and afterwards taking a nice shower and making a nice smoothie. Sounds like a nice morning. I'm in :)

Evan1000
06-05-2015, 01:19 PM
Wait I miscalculated. This'll end at 2/3 in the morning for me. Great.

Oasis
06-05-2015, 01:19 PM
It will end at 8 am in the morning. I don't like that, I always wake up later :(

To paraphrase an Articulate Author: If you don't like that, you should stop playing. Just take a break until SA is over. Simple as that.

Mrs Cash
06-05-2015, 02:14 PM
Maybe when the server crashed it screwed up Gree's internal clock. Definitely an odd time to end it, but I won't lose any sleep over it.

Jeronimo
06-05-2015, 04:07 PM
To paraphrase an Articulate Author: If you don't like that, you should stop playing. Just take a break until SA is over. Simple as that.

And this shows us your IQ :) you were complaining about EB. I am not complaining about SA, I'm telling you that I have to wake up 8 am and that I normally don't wake up at that time. That has nothing to do with the game and/or an event. By the way, if you'd have read further you'd have seen that it is no problem at all. Try again next time. This time you failed so hard that it is embarassing to see.

Demolisher VFF Rebels
06-06-2015, 10:18 AM
I am guessing the symbol is correct and goal time is wrong as goals ran 1hour longer than the last SA too for some stupid reason

Demolisher VFF Rebels
06-06-2015, 10:19 AM
Maybe a mod or gree worker can confirm finish time

Winnson
06-06-2015, 11:51 AM
Don't worry, the events are coming hard and fast and constantly from now on. What's an hour or two here and there?

mg74cc
06-06-2015, 09:01 PM
Can some confirm that the end day of SA is Tuesday and at is 2:00 am est? I'm on est time zone. Is this right I mean for US players will be hard and also people have jobs.

Red BD
06-06-2015, 10:25 PM
Just taking a shot in the dark and could be wrong, but my guess is it is Monday at 2 PM (EST). Maybe 3pm. That's how it usually works, but....

mg74cc
06-07-2015, 05:32 PM
Any moderators that can answer or verify this .The time SA ends on Tuesday? Which I mentioned above 2:00am est ?

Bolt
06-07-2015, 05:43 PM
Can some confirm that the end day of SA is Tuesday and at is 2:00 am est? I'm on est time zone. Is this right I mean for US players will be hard and also people have jobs.

It is scheduled to end Monday at 11pm PST.

Evan1000
06-07-2015, 06:29 PM
It is scheduled to end Monday at 11am PST.

On the clock it says 1d5h from now, which would be 11:00 pm PST.

I just emptied my deploys in hopes that I'd be full tomorrow to go for indi. Did I just ruin my chances of getting it?

Dipstik
06-07-2015, 06:36 PM
Just dump a bunch of gold and you'll be fine.

mg74cc
06-07-2015, 07:31 PM
Thank for responding appreciate it. Although Gree might need to recheck the time they have on that SA time clock icon , its not correct if it will end on the above date mentioned.

Ice2000
06-07-2015, 10:50 PM

You seem to be implying that this game is tailored to US players only and gree should serve your needs

Red BD
06-07-2015, 11:20 PM
You seem to be implying that this game is tailored to US players only and gree should serve your needs

In terms of time/time zones some group inevitably is favored. Perhaps randomly selecting a time would be fairer... Or perhaps choosing the zone with the most players in it and making it ideal for them.
Anyway, the guy's just asking a question, which was answered. Doubt he meant to imply anything.

Winnson
06-08-2015, 01:51 AM
Humans are the only animals with the concept of time.

and timeanddate.com can take care of all your time zone confusion.

Demolisher VFF Rebels
06-08-2015, 02:35 AM
lol I'm guessing it finishes at 3am Eastern but could be wrong anyone else got any ideas?

Blaggard
06-08-2015, 04:19 AM
SA finishing time is fine. Europeans and Asians routinely get screwed by event starting times.

Mrs Cash
06-08-2015, 06:46 AM
My SA timer says 17hrs, the goal timer says 18 hrs. Regardless, that makes it 3 or 4 am ET. Personally, I don't care, I will not lose any sleep over it. At least out overseas members might be able to do something, but they might be at school or work, so it seems to be poorly timed all around.

Bet the recent 18 hr server problem messed something up.

SKMS
06-08-2015, 06:49 AM
3 options:

- Community manager of this forum said: 11 am PST (which is 8 pm CET)
- SA-Symbol says 17hrs:10 minutes left (which is tomorrow 9am CET)
- SA-Syn goal says 18hrs:10 minutes left (which is tomorrow 10am CET)

which one is correct ???

Jeronimo
06-08-2015, 07:14 AM
Here's the deal: just look at the time that the in-game globe tells you. Syndicate goals are always 1 hour delayed. Why? We don't know, but it's a fact. That's all.

KingOW
06-08-2015, 07:19 AM
What the community manager says is right. 3 days just like usual.

Jeronimo
06-08-2015, 07:29 AM
What the community manager says is right. 3 days just like usual.

No, that's bullcrap. It ends in 16 hours and 30 minutes from now. Rigt at this moment it is 6.30 am (PST time), so the event would end in 4 hours and 30 minutes, according to the manager. That is just bullcrap, because the globe tells us 16 hours and 30 minutes. And that is the correct time. It will end 11 pm (PST time). And stop crying about it now. Europeans always start at 11 pm or later with events. Man up and accept it that another time zone has an advantage now.

SKMS
06-08-2015, 07:29 AM
No offense....but i asked for a comfirmation of the right time.... not another speculation....

Vile Lynn
06-08-2015, 07:37 AM
Community manager of this forum said: 11 am PST (which is 8 pm CET)

Where & when did the CM say this? Which CM?

They say lots of things, but usually the event (not goals) timer is right.

Edit: ok, found it in a thread with another ambiguous title...

http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?116168-Question-for-the-Mods-or-Crime-city-devolpers

That is fine, but I'm not sure I can believe this since it is off from both game timers & Bolt does not play CC, meaning she has to go by info from developers which is not all that reliable.

Meh, I guess we'll all find out at the same time: when SA ends.

sister morphine
06-08-2015, 07:45 AM
No, that's bullcrap. It ends in 16 hours and 30 minutes from now. Rigt at this moment it is 6.30 am (PST time), so the event would end in 4 hours and 30 minutes, according to the manager. That is just bullcrap, because the globe tells us 16 hours and 30 minutes. And that is the correct time. It will end 11 pm (PST time). And stop crying about it now. Europeans always start at 11 pm or later with events. Man up and accept it that another time zone has an advantage now.
SA has always started and finished at 7pm UK time (8pm Central European time). Until things look different I'm assuming that's the case with this one. That's 2pm eastern, 11am Pacific for the record.

Vile Lynn
06-08-2015, 07:48 AM
SA has always started and finished at 7pm UK time (8pm Central European time). Until things look different I'm assuming that's the case with this one. That's 2pm eastern, 11am Pacific for the record.

But things do look different: both in-gamer timers are different & not the typical time, like you posted, and wasn't the last SA 4-days long, not 3? :confused:

evj
06-08-2015, 08:15 AM
From the info we have, sa ends 11am pst/2pm est/8pm cet, today monday

Vile Lynn
06-08-2015, 08:31 AM
From the info we have, sa ends 11am pst/2pm est/8pm cet, today monday

I'm going with this, too, and if the event is longer, oh well: typical GREE.

justjon
06-08-2015, 08:55 AM
I am guessing the symbol is correct and goal time is wrong as goals ran 1hour longer than the last SA too for some stupid reason

I agree with this post.

Vile Lynn
06-08-2015, 09:03 AM

I'm going with this. ^^ If the event ends later, no biggie.

TobysPaw
06-08-2015, 09:25 AM
I'd always believe the event timer over the community manager. I'd be surprised if it finished at normal time but probably worth having a plan B just in case.

copernicus
06-08-2015, 09:37 AM
I don't understand why there should be much confusion regarding event end time. It's totally nuts that game clock, goals clock and forum response are still in total disagreement. A brief response from a CM has done nothing to resolve the issue. A follow up reply from Gree for clarification would be appreciated.

Dipstik
06-08-2015, 09:46 AM
A brief response from a CM has done nothing to resolve the issue.

I don't see how this is true. There's a discrepancy, a gree employee gave us an answer. Issue resolved.

copernicus
06-08-2015, 09:51 AM
We will all find out in 1h 9min

fan139
06-08-2015, 09:52 AM
Just do your final battle before 10:30 today and another if the event is still running tomorrow before 1:30 am simples

Vile Lynn
06-08-2015, 10:05 AM
I don't understand why there should be much confusion regarding event end time. It's totally nuts that game clock, goals clock and forum response are still in total disagreement. A brief response from a CM has done nothing to resolve the issue. A follow up reply from Gree for clarification would be appreciated.

There is so much confusion because this is the environment in which GREE wants to run their businesses and apps.

If they can't impress us with skills, they have to confuse us with bologna.

Considering there are other threads asking the same thing and Bolt replied to this thread with an ambiguous title, ignoring the others, I'm not surprised. This is GREE-moderating at it's best; we should be used to it from this team by now. :( F- Yes, I know they are human but c'mon! It only takes like 45 days to learn a job and this job is not that hard.

For a GREE employee to post in this thread that the event "is scheduled" to end at a different time than what is posted in the app is rediculous. An official post should have been stickied instead of hiding this info.

Get CS ready for a boat-load of tickets!

/rant

Bolt
06-08-2015, 10:07 AM
Update: My previous statement was wrong and indeed the event ends at 12 midnight PST, not 11am. I apologize for the error, I was looking at a calendar that had not been updated.

Vile Lynn
06-08-2015, 10:07 AM
Uuuuuuuuugggggggh!

Dipstik
06-08-2015, 10:08 AM
LOL! Better go tell my syndicate quick...

fan139
06-08-2015, 10:09 AM
Update: My previous statement was wrong and indeed the event ends at 12 midnight PST, not 11am. I apologize for the error, I was looking at a calendar that had not been updated.

Thanks for letting us know

Vile Lynn
06-08-2015, 10:11 AM

go figure, lol!

justjon
06-08-2015, 10:12 AM
http://cdn.meme.am/instances/52171507.jpg

Jeronimo
06-08-2015, 10:12 AM
See, I was right. I'm always right. Just use your eyes and you'll know how many hours there are left. How hard can it be

xRedfoxx
06-08-2015, 10:13 AM
One mod said a few days ago that it was 11am PST today. Event timer still says 12midnight PST. All the SA goal timers say 1am PST.

Please confirm the right time! Thanks!

Demolisher VFF Rebels
06-08-2015, 10:14 AM
It's too late for many that have now deployed FFS

Rickdee
See, I was right. I'm always right. Just use your fkin eyes and you'll know how many hours there are left. How hard can it be, holy sht...

A mod came on and made a statement it was wrong... Do you always walk around with your head up your ass? This is Gree we are talking smart guy

Jeronimo
Use your eyes and look at how many hours the globe gives you jeeeeeesus how hard is it

Vile Lynn
Update: My previous statement was wrong and indeed the event ends at 11pm PST, not 11am. I apologize for the error, I was looking at a calendar that had not been updated.

May I humbly suggest, since this has happemed a few times, that you double check with another source before posting info from your calendar?

Thank you!

Jeronimo
06-08-2015, 10:15 AM
A mod came on and made a statement it was wrong... Do you always walk around with your head up your ass? This is Gree we are talking smart guy

Clearly you are doing that. I don't care what a COMMUNITY Manager is telling us. All you have to do is look at the timers in the game, those are correct. Lmao...

Vile Lynn
06-08-2015, 10:19 AM
Clearly you are doing that. I don't care what a COMMUNITY Manager is telling us. All you have to do is look at the timers in the game, those are correct. Lmao...

Yeah, but Jeromimo, the game timers have been wrong, too. Many events have ended early even when the timer had more time.

I trust the game timers more than anybody here, but with GREE we really never know.

Rickdee
06-08-2015, 10:20 AM

You have more faith in Gree than i do... Keep pounding that chest if it makes you feel better about yourself

Jeronimo
06-08-2015, 10:24 AM
You have more faith in Gree than i do... Keep pounding that chest if it makes you feel better about yourself

Do u even know what ur talking about lol

Jcw9811
06-08-2015, 10:24 AM
Update: My previous statement was wrong and indeed the event ends at 11pm PST, not 11am. I apologize for the error, I was looking at a calendar that had not been updated.

Thanks for letting us know after syns started their so called final battle. Feel like this is something u should have done ASAP. Figures tho, ASAP to GREE is by the end of the freaking week.

Jcw9811
06-08-2015, 10:25 AM
May I humbly suggest, since this has happemed a few times, that you double check with another source before posting info from your calendar?

Thank you!

Now that would be smart, so u know it won't happen.

Dipstik
06-08-2015, 10:31 AM
It's too late for many that have now deployed FFS

Weren't you JUST complaining that you'd be asleep for the end?

Jcw9811
06-08-2015, 10:36 AM
Also Bolt only took u an astonishing 16 hours to correct your mistake, must be a GREE record

Jeronimo
06-08-2015, 10:38 AM
This is a lesson for a lot of you: always keep using your own brain and eyes lmao

Demolisher VFF Rebels
06-08-2015, 10:42 AM
Weren't you JUST complaining that you'd be asleep for the end?

No I wasn't actually i like the time change good for variation and good for Australian members. I was complaining about the late response from bolt.

Also 11pm PST doesn't match the ingame clock which shows midnight PST shows up as finish of the SA event can you please check before confirming which is right . Just tell us ingame clock is correct we will work off that

Roc1720
06-08-2015, 10:45 AM

Jeez a month or two ago you said you would update us when you had more information about accomplices, then they disappeared with no update. Then the question was asked if Raid Boss health and war health was the same energy you said yes, and that was wrong. Now the question of what is the end time of SA was answered incorrectly. Why have this forum if we get no information and then when we do its incorrect?

SollyLlama
06-08-2015, 10:49 AM
Game timer and mod statement are still off by one hour.

SollyLlama
06-08-2015, 10:53 AM
I think it's pretty clear the value and accuracy of statements from Bolt.

Winnson
06-08-2015, 10:55 AM
LOL, this element of mystery is hilarious.

Winnson
06-08-2015, 10:56 AM
When does it end? How the hell should we know?
-Gree

SollyLlama
06-08-2015, 10:59 AM
It will end when it's over.

Bolt
06-08-2015, 11:06 AM
I've merged all threads concerning the end of SA to keep everything together. Apologies again for the error. On a weekend day it is harder for me to ask a developer directly so I opted to look at an event calendar for the information on when the event would end, rather than wait until Monday. I did not know that the calendar was not up to date which led to me giving you the wrong information. I was able to confirm this morning (we're located in California) that the event duration was indeed extended and no longer ended at 11am PST. I'll make sure to be more careful going forward and endeavor to ensure we have updated information at all times.

Please note that there is a 1 hour difference between when the event ends and the time the goals end. This is intentional and intended to help with some of the end of event concurrency issues (where some players report goals not completing).

copernicus
06-08-2015, 11:11 AM
Thanks for the update Bolt.

11pm PST = 2am EST which is 11h 50m from now but game clock has 12h 50m remaining and 13h 50m remaining shown in synd goals.

Possible to confirm as event end time is still ambiguous?

Jeronimo
06-08-2015, 11:13 AM

11pm PST = 2am EST which is 11h 50m from now but game clock has 12h 50m remaining and 13h 50m remaining shown in synd goals.

Adding summertime is so hard

b-w
06-08-2015, 11:13 AM
Hey mods.. this is incredible.

How many times are we gonna post incorrect info?

I suggest if you don't have the right answer you either:
A. Ask someone who does before you post it here
B. Don't post at all

Only thing worse than no information is incorrect information.

Bolt
06-08-2015, 11:35 AM

The event calendar is correct, the event will end exactly as stated in-game. In my rush to correct my previous error I stated 11pm when as you can see it is 12 midnight PST. So ignore my previous statements of 11am or 11pm and just go by the calendar please.

Only thing worse than no information is incorrect information.

Agreed. This has been a humbling experience not to rush to give an answer if I cannot verify it. I will do everything I can to confirm before posting.

Vile Lynn
06-08-2015, 11:52 AM
The event calendar is correct, the event will end exactly as stated in-game. In my rush to correct my previous error I stated 11pm when as you can see it is 12 midnight PST. So ignore my previous statements of 11am or 11pm and just go by the calendar please.

This has been a humbling experience not to rush to give an answer if I cannot verify it. I will do everything I can to confirm before posting.

It's ok, Bolt. We know you try, but we'll always be here to bash you if you're wrong. :)
(lol, and to thank you when you're right!)

Happy Monday!http://community.secondlife.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/105325i280F493F88827D3A/image-size/large?v=mpbl-1&px=-1

Winnson
06-08-2015, 12:22 PM
Thanks for trying boss.

Jeronimo
06-08-2015, 12:24 PM
Agreed. This has been a humbling experience not to rush to give an answer if I cannot verify it. I will do everything I can to confirm before posting.

It's not your fault Bolt. Don't mention all the critics that are posted here. People can't think for themselves apparantly. If they had used their eyes to look at the clock they would know how many hours there were left to battle lmao. But hey - I guess I'm just super intelligent :cool:

Jeronimo
06-08-2015, 12:25 PM
It's ok, Bolt. We know you try, but we'll always be here to bash you if you're wrong. :)
(lol, and to thank you when you're right!)

Happy Monday!http://community.secondlife.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/105325i280F493F88827D3A/image-size/large?v=mpbl-1&px=-1

Lol I love you, you're always kind and reasonable :o