PDA

View Full Version : buildings in storage

madnoob
06-04-2015, 08:57 PM
Gree would it be possible to put existing buildings into our inventory since some of us are running out of room.some buildings took forever to upgrade so it would be a waste to just sell them.

Captain Torgue
06-04-2015, 09:50 PM
No what a terrible idea. Sell them and cry yourself to sleep over it.

sister morphine
06-04-2015, 10:05 PM
There are two types of player who are running out of room

1. Those who out of sentiment cling on to all the beginner buildings. Imagine what that would be like in real life if no building ever put up anywhere was ever pulled down. Would there be any open spaces left at all? Man up and sell them!

2. The ones who gorged themselves on the re-released LTBs and other limited gold buildings in some pointless iph p*ssing contest. People complain all the time about having nothing to spend their fake dollars on while still chasing the next million. Congratulations, Gree laid out the bait and you swallowed it hook, line and sinker.

There is a third; players with extensive hood art. As it's currently not possible to sell that stuff, they're the ones I have sympathy with.

Red BD
06-04-2015, 11:08 PM
There are two types of player who are running out of room

1. Those who out of sentiment cling on to all the beginner buildings. Imagine what that would be like in real life if no building ever put up anywhere was ever pulled down. Would there be any open spaces left at all? Man up and sell them!

2. The ones who gorged themselves on the re-released LTBs and other limited gold buildings in some pointless iph p*ssing contest. People complain all the time about having nothing to spend their fake dollars on while still chasing the next million. Congratulations, Gree laid out the bait and you swallowed it hook, line and sinker.

There is a third; players with extensive hood art. As it's currently not possible to sell that stuff, they're the ones I have sympathy with.

You may or may not be correct on many points. However not everyone designs/builds a Hood as if they were gathering dirty clothes to wash with the sole goal being economics. City building is an available element of the game albeit only for a small percentage of players and one not rewarded in the least except for the rare comments of strangers.

You may not be able to appreciate why I want 4 "stills" anymore than I can figure out why someone would put 2 diners side by side or a laundromat next to a warehouse, but to each their own.

Are you suggesting that allowing further expansions (and I still have a few to go) would negatively effect gameplay or what?

Just wondering.

sister morphine
06-05-2015, 12:59 AM
You may or may not be correct on many points. However not everyone designs/builds a Hood as if they were gathering dirty clothes to wash with the sole goal being economics. City building is an available element of the game albeit only for a small percentage of players and one not rewarded in the least except for the rare comments of strangers.

You may not be able to appreciate why I want 4 "stills" anymore than I can figure out why someone would put 2 diners side by side or a laundromat next to a warehouse, but to each their own.

Are you suggesting that allowing further expansions (and I still have a few to go) would negatively effect gameplay or what?

Just wondering.
Adding further expansions wouldn't be a negative thing, no. But as things stand there are a finite number. Many players have maxed the size of their hood, and to then fill all the available space buying gold LTBs when their virtual coffers are already overflowing with fake dollars seems to be lacking in forethought.

As for indivual design I'm with you. I've long toyed with the idea of creating a sort of park area, and the new LTB has brought that back to mind. The question is whether I have sufficient space to use an entire block for it without creating problems elsewhere and not having my "park" chock full of buildings either.

The fixed layout is a real problem here. I'd love it if hood expansions were more like they are in MW and KA (square blocks for those who don't play) and if players could customise the appearance so you could have a regular grey block, or colour it green for grass, sand colour for beach, or a coastline/river water effect. Roads could be sold as decorations, as could harbour walls etc. The only limit would be players' imagination.

HavingFun
06-05-2015, 02:21 AM
Gree would it be possible to put existing buildings into our inventory since some of us are running out of room.some buildings took forever to upgrade so it would be a waste to just sell them.

How would they be useful sitting in inventory lol

TheJess
06-05-2015, 05:58 AM
So you can make room, but not lose what you purchased.

madnoob
06-05-2015, 11:31 PM
How would they be useful sitting in inventory lol

For a future expansion

sister morphine
06-06-2015, 03:36 AM
For a future expansion
But then there'd be new - better - buildings come along, and those old ones would go back into storage. :rolleyes:

Back in the day when I was short of space I used to set an arbitrary $x/hr minimum. Any building that fell short of it (at level 10, even if it wasn't there) would get the chop.

Evan1000
06-06-2015, 05:55 AM
I'm never selling my L10 buildings and GREE can't make me!

sister morphine
06-06-2015, 06:14 AM
I'm never selling my L10 buildings and GREE can't make me!
I do keep a level 10 pawn shop as a reminder of how not to play this game :D

Jeronimo
06-06-2015, 06:24 AM
I do keep a level 10 pawn shop as a reminder of how not to play this game :D

Those are the best. Also, level 10 laundromats, pizza stores and level 10 basketball courts.:cool:

Evan1000
06-06-2015, 06:37 AM
Both my pawn shops are at 10, as well as my laundromats and pizza parlors!

Basketball courts? What a waste of gold. The mansion's are a much cheaper alternative