PDA

View Full Version : Android ends tomorrow?

Cannot Connect To Server
06-04-2015, 07:44 AM
nm cap found below... guessing next update is last update.

hi i cant find where on Grees site the date and time they said they was going to block all Android devices below 4.0.3

i know they advertised in cc and mw and u cld link from that... but i just cannot think if it was 5/6 or 6/6 ? they block it.

im still on old aos. does anyone know?

Mrs Cash
06-04-2015, 09:05 AM
Was on CC for me, and I thought it was 6/2 (or 6/1), which has obviously passed. I have a CC mini account on a 1st gen Kindle Fire which has the equivalent of Android v 2.3.3 and is not able to conform. Strangely enough, every day within the leading weeks I received a splash screen telling me to upgrade. A few days before that date, the splash screen disappeared. Needless to say, its still working fine.

Bolt
06-04-2015, 09:59 AM
Kindle Fire support was indeed dropped some time ago. Other than that, I don't know of any requirements to upgrade Android. Apple devices had this requirement per Apple's directive (https://developer.apple.com/news/?id=10202014a ) but not Android.

Cannot Connect To Server
06-04-2015, 10:47 AM
they advertised it in game for ages in cc and mw saying update and when u click the image it went to gree site saying must hv 4.0.3 or above by june x 2015 to continue to play.

my device is samsung but aos v2.3.5 though there is an.update i cant update i hv no pc and no way to back up and mw runs like pig anyways it drags and turns white and force closes hundreds of times since mw5.0+ updates and wd is pointless every hit every refill force close restart... so id hv to buy another device but i just dont know if its worth it or what to get tho i do need something that can play newer games...

i just cant find the gree webpages anymore about updating and min specs other than c4.0.3 or above. i did hv ss somewhere but dont know how to post the ingame msg. thank you for your replies.

Mrs Cash
06-04-2015, 01:23 PM
Yes, the Kindle is not a supported device and the game is not available in the Amazon app store, but, Gree games still run fine on 1st gen and 4th gen Kindle Fires.

I am assuming the splash screen only appeared on devices that would no longer be supported, since my 4th gen Kindle never got the splash screen.
The splash screen disappeared a few days before the OS threat would've taken effect.

I thought I had taken a screen shot, but apparently didn't or deleted it.

Found this online:

sstuutss
06-04-2015, 01:35 PM
thats gold. Thank you for my early morning laugh

Cannot Connect To Server
06-04-2015, 03:17 PM
hi i dont hv a kindle never have had and it was on all cc devices so shld hv been on all mw too. ive found the cap will try upload it looks like other guy was right 1st june... so maybe when gree release next play update it wont work? thats a guess.

i cld not open your pic until now thank you that is it but its past that date so as said im guessing when play has the next update my game ends.

Bolt
06-04-2015, 03:35 PM
Yes, the Kindle is not a supported device and the game is not available in the Amazon app store, but, Gree games still run fine on 1st gen and 4th gen Kindle Fires.

I am assuming the splash screen only appeared on devices that would no longer be supported, since my 4th gen Kindle never got the splash screen.
The splash screen disappeared a few days before the OS threat would've taken effect.

I thought I had taken a screen shot, but apparently didn't or deleted it.

Found this online:

Well I definitely stand corrected. The iOS update was discussed at length but I had not heard about the Android update, my apologies.

Bazze
06-05-2015, 12:11 AM
Hmmm....Im on Android 5.02 and couldnt log in anymore...get a message that the Server response is null...

DEWIN NUTTIN
06-05-2015, 12:32 AM
Hmmm....Im on Android 5.02 and couldnt log in anymore...get a message that the Server response is null...

Why am I not surprised?
The hits keep right on coming.

Agent Orange
06-05-2015, 06:12 AM
I have a better one. Yesterday for some reason my iPad2 disconnected the link between my logged in GC account and MW. When I reconnected in game I suddenly linked to my Playstore account! WTF?

I was able to run all those linked droid accounts and was able to fix the problem by logging out of GC, then doing a full shut down. Then restarting the iPad, opening MW and then reopening my GC account. But what was very weird is that I was even able to access all my linked Android Playstore accounts at all.

Tee
06-05-2015, 07:10 AM
I've had no problems accessing my droid created accounts from my iOS device since linking was introduced until yesterday.

My droid device started not letting me link to any other account and I get a pop up informing me I need the latest PlayStore release to access other accounts. But when I try to update it, it will not update and gives an error report.

My iOS device stopped letting me access other accounts about the same time but I was able to resolve that with a complete shut down and re-start.

major willy
06-06-2015, 10:56 AM
Is any one here really surprised by this. If you spent a lot of money start contacting your lawyers. I can see a class action lawsuit coming soon.

Bndawgs
06-08-2015, 06:20 AM
Is any one here really surprised by this. If you spent a lot of money start contacting your lawyers. I can see a class action lawsuit coming soon.

There's not going to be any class action lawsuit.

Bolt
06-08-2015, 10:32 AM

Is this still happening after a full restart? Please submit a ticket and private message me your ticket number if this is still happening and I will ask someone to look into it.