PDA

View Full Version : What would you DEW?

DEWIN NUTTIN
06-02-2015, 08:34 AM
A disappointed, but current member of a top tapper team has approached me with PROOF of shenanigans and "dusty finishes" of certain, ahem, events!

Dude or dudette claims to have screenshots documenting certain converstaions.

What's a "dusty finish", you're asking?

A "dusty finish" occurs when someone appears to win a big match, but the decision is later reversed due to some sort of technicality. This could be interference by other heels or shills to save the heel or shill champion, as, in most wrestling federations, the title could not change hands on such a disqualification. It also refers to an ambiguous finish to a match where neither wrestler can be called the winner. The "Dusty" in the term refers to Dusty Rhodes, who booked many such finishes in the NWA and later in the WCW.

So, I'm wondering what should be done. DEW we help this guy or girl, or let her or him stew in the hot pot???

Tee
06-02-2015, 09:03 AM
Off topic but, Dusty Rhodes? You gotta be kinda ..... ahem ..... youngish to know about Dusty

DEWIN NUTTIN
06-02-2015, 09:05 AM
Off topic but, Dusty Rhodes? You gotta be kinda ..... ahem ..... youngish to know about Dusty

True, Dusty goes back a few years. But, his kid is still wrasslin.
But, even the kids know about the term, "dusty finish", even though they may not know Dusty.

Bolt
06-02-2015, 09:26 AM
A disappointed, but current member of a top tapper team has approached me with PROOF of shenanigans and "dusty finishes" of certain, ahem, events!

Dude or dudette claims to have screenshots documenting certain converstaions.

What's a "dusty finish", you're asking?

A "dusty finish" occurs when someone appears to win a big match, but the decision is later reversed due to some sort of technicality. This could be interference by other heels or shills to save the heel or shill champion, as, in most wrestling federations, the title could not change hands on such a disqualification. It also refers to an ambiguous finish to a match where neither wrestler can be called the winner. The "Dusty" in the term refers to Dusty Rhodes, who booked many such finishes in the NWA and later in the WCW.

So, I'm wondering what should be done. DEW we help this guy or girl, or let her or him stew in the hot pot???

A thread devoted to deciding if you should "out" players who may or may not have cheated based on certain evidence? Let's not. If such evidence of cheating exists you can send a support ticket and private message me the ticket number, I will look into it. Locking this thread now.