PDA

View Full Version : True story......

Captain Steelman
06-01-2015, 02:42 PM
I went out the other day to fly my brand new toy, a drone or quadcopter, with a nice onboard 14 megapixel camera with the ability of HD video capture. Worked like a charm and flew very stable in the air so with beer in my system I thought to myself, ”lets go sky high” and of it went.... However, even if there was no wind at ground level there sure was at higher altitudes. The thing went away in lightning speed and even when I pushed the panic button for it to return to the launch area it was too late. I guess there was not battery enough for it to fight the wind and return home.....

For a moment I cried out ”oh nooo, the thing was expensive...!” but then I came back to my senses. I sure did spend more every month on a iPhone app that didnt even work well. So I laughed at myself as I went back to the store and bought another one....

HellRaizer
06-01-2015, 02:50 PM
I'm guessing "lets go sky high" and "oh no, the thing was expensive" weren't you words lol, but I liked the comparison..

I've used similar comparisons when treating the wife to some very expensive restaurant food.. Hard to say no when you compare to the amount spent on a game lol

Speed ump
06-01-2015, 03:19 PM
Captain, that was just a weekends worth of iTunes is all,lol.

Spazer
07-08-2015, 01:11 PM
+1 on you.

I bought csgo knifes and gta v game with in game cash instead of spending it on modern war. ^^

LüK€¥
10-09-2015, 01:03 AM
I went out the other day to fly my brand new toy, a drone or quadcopter, with a nice onboard 14 megapixel camera with the ability of HD video capture. Worked like a charm and flew very stable in the air so with beer in my system I thought to myself, ”lets go sky high” and of it went.... However, even if there was no wind at ground level there sure was at higher altitudes. The thing went away in lightning speed and even when I pushed the panic button for it to return to the launch area it was too late. I guess there was not battery enough for it to fight the wind and return home.....

For a moment I cried out ”oh nooo, the thing was expensive...!” but then I came back to my senses. I sure did spend more every month on a iPhone app that didnt even work well. So I laughed at myself as I went back to the store and bought another one....

Hahaha, good choice cap. Nothing is as expensive as this game...

xWolfSlayerx
10-13-2015, 08:17 PM

Great comparison mate!