PDA

View Full Version : Is War Dying? Part 2

Ninja☆Smoke
05-31-2015, 08:43 AM
I'm a little disappointed with build up(hype) of new War features. Obviously it's not active imo, Battle for Empire City is supposed to be the marquee Event. At this point a lot of Participation is due more of obligations to your syndicate. Within an hour every Top 50 is scouted, so you click and tap for 3 now 4 days. Defense Stats have been a joke for 6 months now. There probably a lot smarter people who articulate these issues better then I, but please bring War back to being the focal of the calendar instead of the event before Epic boss.

Dipstik
05-31-2015, 09:45 AM
It would help if they didn't completely eclipse the war prizes by letting people farm an unlimited amount of prizes from other events. Considering people got to buy 1-9 million attack items for 30 gold apice in a box event about a month ago, why would they throw up vaults of gold on something like this? As a ratio of gold/prizes, wars just aren't all that important. It's a pissing match to get your name on the winner's list, but that only affects about three teams at most.

JakeCullen
05-31-2015, 09:57 AM
This war, when I attacked and win, I can see results that include stats, cash (if any) and the "mysterious" bag...a brown loot bag with a question mark on it...please excuse me gree, but damn it! Do you want me to have to memorize my items to see what was added? Is transparency not in your pool of practice? 本当に 悪い な GREE!!!!!!! ><

sister morphine
05-31-2015, 10:31 AM
This war, when I attacked and win, I can see results that include stats, cash (if any) and the "mysterious" bag...a brown loot bag with a question mark on it...please excuse me gree, but damn it! Do you want me to have to memorize my items to see what was added? Is transparency not in your pool of practice? 本当に 悪い な GREE!!!!!!! ><
Any loot items you get from PvP are unlikely to get anywhere near your mob, so don't lose any sleep. Bricks and Uzis are the only useful drops now.

Dipstik
05-31-2015, 10:45 AM
But if I get a pimp lowrider and miss it because gree shows me a brown bag, I'm gonna be pissed!

1Shot
05-31-2015, 11:10 AM
I'm happy streaks/wins have mods again at least...

Evan1000
05-31-2015, 02:21 PM
I'm happy streaks/wins have mods again at least...

Yeah. And they finally made the rewards right, streaks have the good mod (because they're a whole lot harder) and wins have the 3% mod. It's also easier to get steaks because you only need 55 wins in 4 days when it used to be 3, so more people will want to chase after them.

cooch
05-31-2015, 03:10 PM
It would help if they didn't completely eclipse the war prizes by letting people farm an unlimited amount of prizes from other events. Considering people got to buy 1-9 million attack items for 30 gold apice in a box event about a month ago, why would they throw up vaults of gold on something like this? As a ratio of gold/prizes, wars just aren't all that important. It's a pissing match to get your name on the winner's list, but that only affects about three teams at most.

Farming is not the issue. You like to harp on it. All the other events weapons and mods led to building up for war. War has always been about ego/leaderboard rank

Weapons stats from war get lost in this stat inflation. They also don't need to be great, just like in pvp tourneys, about rank not weapons.

The mods used to be worth gold use. However gree wants to curb "mod inflation" for attack/def stats which don't mean a lot to most players. They refuse to release decent mods I would guess because it reduces gold spend.

It used to be the big event for players and gree. Don't know what players prefer now but gree prefers SA for better gold spend

La Femme Nikita
05-31-2015, 03:12 PM
Does anyone still play this game?

Evan1000
05-31-2015, 03:41 PM
I've kind of seen wars from all points of view. In a T400, in a T20, an officer in a T30, and right now in a streak syn. Wars used to be the perfect end to the cycle. You got a ton of mods that would get you pumped and ready for the next cycle.

That's if you're in a T150, though. GREE doesn't make it hidden that they could care less for anyone ranking out of that range. (But frankly, T150 isn't that hard. Any active player shouldn't have any trouble making at least 35k in battle).

I remember the short wars. They were perfect. 1 day to brawl out and you're done. Dump the same amount of gold as you would in a 3 day and you're ranking higher than ever before! Too bad they removed them.

But they completely killed it with the complete depletion of mods, which were the whole point of war, an over extension of time which makes wars boring and gold demanding, and duplicate prizes, which were just plain stupid.

They also don't give streak syns the prizes they deserve. There wasn't even a mod last war. The discipline and control you need to have in a syn and the sacrifice of lots of points (I have never scored lower in a war than I am now) in order to streak right isn't worth the 8% mod we're fighting for.

So I'm glad to see the old prize structure back.. just fix it for people outside the T150. And for crying out loud give some ip mods to everyone else. The T3 are untouchable.

!Radar
05-31-2015, 04:26 PM
Yeah. And they finally made the rewards right, streaks have the good mod (because they're a whole lot harder) and wins have the 3% mod. It's also easier to get steaks because you only need 55 wins in 4 days when it used to be 3, so more people will want to chase after them.

I like steaks.

Evan1000
05-31-2015, 05:04 PM
I like steaks.

Steak is the greatest. Blue rare filet mignon is just amazing, alongside a nice cold Boston Lager. Too bad you can't order blue rare in most restaurants and the drinking age is 21..

Also, blame my phone swype for the spelling errors

1Shot
05-31-2015, 10:14 PM
I've kind of seen wars from all points of view. In a T400, in a T20, an officer in a T30, and right now in a streak syn. Wars used to be the perfect end to the cycle. You got a ton of mods that would get you pumped and ready for the next cycle.

That's if you're in a T150, though. GREE doesn't make it hidden that they could care less for anyone ranking out of that range. (But frankly, T150 isn't that hard. Any active player shouldn't have any trouble making at least 35k in battle).

I remember the short wars. They were perfect. 1 day to brawl out and you're done. Dump the same amount of gold as you would in a 3 day and you're ranking higher than ever before! Too bad they removed them.

But they completely killed it with the complete depletion of mods, which were the whole point of war, an over extension of time which makes wars boring and gold demanding, and duplicate prizes, which were just plain stupid.

They also don't give streak syns the prizes they deserve. There wasn't even a mod last war. The discipline and control you need to have in a syn and the sacrifice of lots of points (I have never scored lower in a war than I am now) in order to streak right isn't worth the 8% mod we're fighting for.

So I'm glad to see the old prize structure back.. just fix it for people outside the T150. And for crying out loud give some ip mods to everyone else. The T3 are untouchable.

You have also viewed things from the top4 prospective I believe? What was that like? I'm curious just because the highest rank team I have viewed things from was the top20 prospective, and that's only because I had one of my friends cover me there.

quityourwhining
05-31-2015, 11:03 PM

you didn't last very long is sas3. what happened? :p

Evan1000
06-01-2015, 02:57 AM
You have also viewed things from the top4 prospective I believe? What was that like? I'm curious just because the highest rank team I have viewed things from was the top20 prospective, and that's only because I had one of my friends cover me there.

I didn't spent a war in a T4, I spent 2 SA's in one, and no one covered me there

you didn't last very long is sas3. what happened? :p

Long story short, because I don't want to bad mouth a syn on the forum, regardless of what they did, they booted me an hour before war. Oh well, I'm in SOC for now.

sfun
06-01-2015, 07:00 AM
Oh well, I'm in SOC for now.

This is not a streak syn fyi.

Asto
06-01-2015, 07:37 AM
i second that

Dipstik
06-01-2015, 07:40 AM
I'm pretty sure he means they run around naked a lot.

Evan1000
06-01-2015, 08:02 AM

Spirits of Crime? We're a streak syn

Blaggard
06-01-2015, 08:21 AM
What's a streak syn?

Asto
06-01-2015, 08:28 AM
What's a streak syn?
something SOC claim to be, but arent

Blaggard
06-01-2015, 08:31 AM
something SOC claim to be, but arent

So they are a non-streak syn? Thanks for clarifying.

Asto
06-01-2015, 08:39 AM
So they are a non-streak syn? Thanks for clarifying.
correct blaggard. a streak team is a team who successfully completes all streaks (11 in a row for noobies like you;)); SOC do not complete this and they say they are a "streak team" as a way of looking good to attract players. people should open their eyes a bit more; the blinding light caused by lies is causing a clear loss of vision (and frying what brains some people have in the process it seems....)

Max Power
06-01-2015, 09:03 AM
Wars are just a way for Gree to use your peers to pressure you into spending gold rather than prize value. I recognized this from the beginning, so I refused to participate. I knew it would be an expensive slippery slope. I haven't even tried SA. Why bother?

So, for me, war was never relevant.

Dipstik
06-01-2015, 09:12 AM
Is a failed streak team still a streak team?

TheJess
06-01-2015, 09:13 AM
IPH is cool, and not,as frustrating.

b-w
06-01-2015, 09:25 AM
streaks should be more wins ... this extra day is just coddling a few teams that spend heavy

Evan1000
06-01-2015, 01:37 PM
correct blaggard. a streak team is a team who successfully completes all streaks (11 in a row for noobies like you;)); SOC do not complete this and they say they are a "streak team" as a way of looking good to attract players. people should open their eyes a bit more; the blinding light caused by lies is causing a clear loss of vision (and frying what brains some people have in the process it seems....)

I have no idea aout SOC's history, but a syndicate shouldn't be judged based on it's past, because every syndicate goes through downfalls and drama and whatnot. But for clarification, streak prizes:

http://i.imgur.com/hmDuF3Y.png

http://i.imgur.com/aR3srW1.png

We're going through elite now. I don't think we'll make it, but for a 3% attack mod.. I'd much rather just push for rank.

I was disappointed in the building defense though.. which is next to worthless.

jmeijer
06-01-2015, 01:42 PM
Spirits of Crime is a streak syn. The fact that they're pushing rank after their streaks are complete doesn't mean that they are not a streak syn. Get your facts right Asto.

Goodison
06-01-2015, 01:47 PM
Haha, nice to see Asto is still making a fool of himself.

TheJess
06-01-2015, 01:53 PM
Those are impressive steaks ....er streaks.

sfun
06-01-2015, 02:24 PM
Spirits of Crime is a streak syn. The fact that they're pushing rank after their streaks are complete doesn't mean that they are not a streak syn. Get your facts right Asto.

lol what????

mistress z
06-01-2015, 02:28 PM
http://i.imgur.com/L1aAQ8i.jpg

funny how I'm on soc and magically got these ... yup must not be a streak team

jmeijer
06-01-2015, 02:30 PM
lol what????As I said, SoC is a streak syn. In what syndicate are you? Maybe I should explain what a streak syndicate is. SoC has perfected streaking.

sfun
06-01-2015, 02:39 PM
Streak syn is a syn where all members run around naked then jump over a wall and falling into a ditch.

Blaggard
06-01-2015, 03:05 PM
Who are SOC again?

Asto
06-01-2015, 03:15 PM
i would like to personally congratulate SoC on getting all streaks (55), that is the usual goal in a 3 day war, in a 4 day war (an extra 24 hours, just for clarification). remind me the last time you actually completed streaks in the usual allocated time of the classic 3 day war please? my statement is valid, and as dipstick says, a team who fails to get all streaks isnt really a streak team anymore, is it? my statement remains strong and valid; getting all streaks that is the usual target in a 3 day war, within 4 days is not a hard for task for an acclaimed "streak team" - in fact that should happen without concern or worry, and most certainly without the need to brag (lmao). as i said above, show me the last screenshot of where you got 55 win streak in a 3 day war, i insist, for this forum's benefit.

nor does that mean they are a rank team, then. SoC, like a few teams, are a streak/rank team. being in one of these teams myself (who do actually finish all streaks, and in a 3 day war, oh and then go on to finish top20/30, as SoC do) i am very much aware and familiar with these tactics, believe it or not. my facts are accurate and true; SoC are not a streak team as they fail to get streaks continuously. getting 55 in a row in an extra 24 hours should be a breeze for such a fantastic, amazing streak syndicate without the need to brag all of the forums lol

Goodison
06-01-2015, 03:55 PM
They just completed all streaks well within 3 days(war still had a day left) that same team you earlier proclaimed never get streaks. But please do continue rambling on like a Mad man with your well informed facts. It's normally wrong to point and laugh at the fool on his hill, but for you I will make an exception.

Asto
06-01-2015, 04:04 PM
They just completed all streaks well within 3 days(war still had a day left) that same team you earlier proclaimed never get streaks. But please do continue rambling on like a Mad man with your well informed facts. It's normally wrong to point and laugh at the fool on his hill, but for you I will make an exception.
my hill is so high my friend, even the pointiest of people and those who laugh the most cannot cause me to fall. i appreciate the kind gesture and regard nevertheless

mistress z
06-01-2015, 04:07 PM
Please inform me of a streak team that gets all streaks every war and I will show u a lair

i would like to personally congratulate SoC on getting all streaks (55), that is the usual goal in a 3 day war, in a 4 day war (an extra 24 hours, just for clarification). remind me the last time you actually completed streaks in the usual allocated time of the classic 3 day war please? my statement is valid, and as dipstick says, a team who fails to get all streaks isnt really a streak team anymore, is it? my statement remains strong and valid; getting all streaks that is the usual target in a 3 day war, within 4 days is not a hard for task for an acclaimed "streak team" - in fact that should happen without concern or worry, and most certainly without the need to brag (lmao). as i said above, show me the last screenshot of where you got 55 win streak in a 3 day war, i insist, for this forum's benefit.

nor does that mean they are a rank team, then. SoC, like a few teams, are a streak/rank team. being in one of these teams myself (who do actually finish all streaks, and in a 3 day war, oh and then go on to finish top20/30, as SoC do) i am very much aware and familiar with these tactics, believe it or not. my facts are accurate and true; SoC are not a streak team as they fail to get streaks continuously. getting 55 in a row in an extra 24 hours should be a breeze for such a fantastic, amazing streak syndicate without the need to brag all of the forums lol

Blaggard
06-01-2015, 04:12 PM
I believe Silent Assassins have never missed a streak

Asto
06-01-2015, 04:15 PM
i believe you to be correct blaggard

Blaggard
06-01-2015, 04:20 PM
But maybe I have been drinking too much Kool-Aid recently

Evan1000
06-01-2015, 04:23 PM
Woah, what happened here. Good discussion turned into a flame war. Let's go back to talking about steaks.

Asto
06-01-2015, 04:35 PM
But maybe I have been drinking too much Kool-Aid recently
you should start drinking vodka. i heard that is a very natural, good source for vital vitamins such as vitamin A, C, D, M, I, B, T, S, O, C and Z

Dipstik
06-01-2015, 04:37 PM
I can't wait until soc gets high enough to rub up against the MoMs. See how long their steak lasts then.

Blaggard
06-01-2015, 04:44 PM
you should start drinking vodka. i heard that is a very natural, good source for vital vitamins such as vitamin A, C, D, M, I, B, T, S, O, C and Z

I prefer Rum and Coke myself.

Mind you, after a rugby match there's nothing like some Blood, Sweat & a few Beers.

mistress z
06-01-2015, 05:04 PM
I can tell you they have

Evan1000
06-01-2015, 05:14 PM
I prefer Yeungling and the drinking age in countries that aren't the U.S

Dipstik
06-01-2015, 05:29 PM
Yeungling? Is that Swahili for jailbait?

I love tacos
06-01-2015, 05:38 PM
I prefer Yeungling and the drinking age in countries that aren't the U.SI thought you said you were a non gold buyer and 16 years old?? Good thing I have my boots and a shovel because the BS is getting deep.

Evan1000
06-01-2015, 05:48 PM
Yeungling? Is that Swahili for jailbait?

Lmao!

I thought you said you were a non gold buyer and 16 years old?? Good thing I have my boots and a shovel because the BS is getting deep.

You heard right on both of those. Dig deeper man, no bs up here

TMI
06-01-2015, 07:37 PM
Please inform me of a streak team that gets all streaks every war and I will show u a lair

Quoted for truth. (The second quote, that is lol)

quityourwhining
06-01-2015, 09:29 PM
Quoted for truth. (The second quote, that is lol)

you must've been good at ducking FC/TAW when they were at their peak then. :cool:

b-w
06-02-2015, 08:33 AM
NoW whipped taw?

wow congrats NoW.. great win

jmeijer
06-02-2015, 12:11 PM
NoW whipped taw?

wow congrats NoW.. great winYes we did, thanks!

TMI
06-02-2015, 07:40 PM
you must've been good at ducking FC/TAW when they were at their peak then. :cool:

Quoted for truth :cool: :D lol ;)

riri112
06-02-2015, 08:09 PM

He just means this because SOC has not been successful at streaks (therefore, not a streak team) until they got an opportunity to get a 3 day streak prize in a 4 day war. He knows the facts.

kimberleyj
06-02-2015, 08:16 PM
He just means this because SOC has not been successful at streaks (therefore, not a streak team) until they got an opportunity to get a 3 day streak prize in a 4 day war. He knows the facts.

Soc have been finishing streaks for months now .before they chose to be a streak team they used to rank around 11th /12th place most of the time, they don't rank as high any more (I think top 30 because of doing streaks).

Asto
06-03-2015, 02:37 AM
thank you, someone with some sense. check SoC's advertisement out: "usually finish 8/9 streak"....

Asto
06-03-2015, 02:53 AM
Soc have been finishing streaks for months now .before they chose to be a streak team they used to rank around 11th /12th place most of the time, they don't rank as high any more (I think top 30 because of doing streaks).
then please tell me this; why do they advertise they "usually finish 8/9 streaks"?

Evan1000
06-03-2015, 03:40 AM
then please tell me this; why do they advertise they "usually finish 8/9 streaks"?

Please tell me why you care about another syndicate not finishing streaks?

Worry about your own

Dipstik
06-03-2015, 05:12 AM
Please tell me why you care about another syndicate not finishing streaks?

Worry about your own

No wonder SAS booted you...

Asto
06-03-2015, 07:04 AM
No wonder SAS booted you...
great reply lmao

Dipstik
06-03-2015, 07:31 AM
Every time you open your mouth it's about taw. Still hurt you got denied ? The stories I could tell about you lol. Such a shame you are such a spiteful person.
Time to show those sas team mates your double crossing info. Good luck in sas. If you last there long.

I also hear as soon as you were in two, it broke up , then tch, then sas2, how long till they finally realise you are the person responsible for all their leaks?

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/gallery/popcorn-gifs/mfrM1.gif

Jeronimo
06-03-2015, 07:43 AM
So much whining in this thread lol. Makes me wonder who's behind the computer. Or no, I don't want to know that:rolleyes:

Evan1000
06-03-2015, 07:44 AM
great reply lmao

Great avoiding of my question

Dipstik
06-03-2015, 07:48 AM
Your question was rhetorical, Evan. If you're going to go to law school, you should know that those questions aren't really meant to be answered. It's sort of odd that you ask them without realizing that.

willis3
06-03-2015, 08:58 AM
Name calling is prohibited under the tos

So is slander of a person who has nothing to do with me . You seriously have issues mate.

TMI
06-03-2015, 09:00 AM
So is slander of a person who has nothing to do with me . You seriously have issues mate.

You probably mean libel?

Max Power
06-03-2015, 09:04 AM
Your question was rhetorical, Evan. If you're going to go to law school, you should know that those questions aren't really meant to be answered. It's sort of odd that you ask them without realizing that.

Rhetorical questions: Do we need them?

Vile Lynn
06-03-2015, 09:11 AM
*looks around for our volunteer mods*

IBTL :p ;)

It cannot be slander or libel if true.

Bolt
06-03-2015, 10:43 AM
What an ignominious end to this thread. Please refrain from attacking other players and keep this drama off the forum. Infractions will be issued if this continues.