PDA

View Full Version : New player = Noob question

AudioGeek
05-27-2015, 02:22 PM
I've been playing for a few days now, and I have what's probably a noob question.

In my Ground Units inventory, I have a Midas Light Panzer. In my Specials inventory, I also have a Midas Light Panzer, and when it click it, it gives me the option to use the item. What does that do for me?

truthteller
05-27-2015, 02:26 PM
I've been playing for a few days now, and I have what's probably a noob question.

In my Ground Units inventory, I have a Midas Light Panzer. In my Specials inventory, I also have a Midas Light Panzer, and when it click it, it gives me the option to use the item. What does that do for me?

In special you canonly use refills, stamia or allier you have win during events, everything else is just a waste of room
make sure you did not click on "recycle" cause if you are there you will end up selling units and loosing them

AudioGeek
05-27-2015, 02:54 PM
In special you canonly use refills, stamia or allier you have win during events, everything else is just a waste of room
make sure you did not click on "recycle" cause if you are there you will end up selling units and loosing them

Yeah, I checked that, and it's definitely in the Specials tab that it shows a Midas Light Panzer. I'm really not sure why it's there.

J-manKometh96
05-27-2015, 06:00 PM
It's there because this game is bug, glitch, and error filled. It may be under specials, but it really shouldn't be. If you really want to stick around, we will answer your questions, but in all honesty you are much better off finding a different game as soon as possible.

good gawd noooo
05-27-2015, 08:35 PM
J-man is correct we are not trying to be unfriendly just honest. this game is most likely in its last days and with the errors glitches bugs and this "working as intended" keeps going on it just gets worse. Hate to see you get invested only to have it end soon after you start

Taylor The Brutal
05-28-2015, 06:57 AM
Lol, I was considering having my gold from BTD transferred to this game to try, but it sounds like that's a bad idea too!

AudioGeek
05-28-2015, 07:41 AM
Thanks for the honesty, J-man and GGN. With the ending of Beyond the Dead, I figured I'd transfer my gold and give this one a try. But maybe it won't be around that much longer either.

AudioGeek
05-28-2015, 07:46 AM
Lol, I was considering having my gold from BTD transferred to this game to try, but it sounds like that's a bad idea too!

Just be aware (and I wasn't) that Gree won't give you par value for your BtD gold. I had over 4200 gold in BtD, but in transferring it to Modern War, Gree only gave me 964 gold. I'm not sure how they view that as "equal value," as they promised in their BtD Retirement FAQ.

Taylor The Brutal
05-28-2015, 08:13 AM
Just be aware (and I wasn't) that Gree won't give you par value for your BtD gold. I had over 4200 gold in BtD, but in transferring it to Modern War, Gree only gave me 964 gold. I'm not sure how they view that as "equal value," as they promised in their BtD Retirement FAQ.

Maybe gold costs more in this game? Although I think anybody that's been playing BTD can easily see that Gree has to be one of the least ethical companies out there, I'm not surprised at all that they significantly reduced the gold. Frankly, I'm kind of surprised they offered anything.

Bolt
05-28-2015, 09:46 AM

The two games do indeed have different gold costs. 100g in Beyond the Dead equals 10g in Modern War. The value of 10g in BtD is very similar to 1g in Modern War so it pretty much evens out.

J-man is correct we are not trying to be unfriendly just honest. this game is most likely in its last days and with the errors glitches bugs and this "working as intended" keeps going on it just gets worse. Hate to see you get invested only to have it end soon after you start

I get that many are upset at the state of the game and there are definitely bugs that have been around far too long; however, I can tell you with confidence that the game is doing well and isn't going anywhere. Beyond the Dead was not doing well and unfortunately that is why it was retired.
Additional human resources have been invested in Modern War so we hope to soon see fixes and improvements faster than before. Thank you for your patience everyone!

HellRaizer
05-28-2015, 11:01 AM
I wouldn't worry to much about the "worth" of your gold. Unfortunately with stat inflation what you use gold to purchase today will probably be achievable for free in a few months..therefore to equate a value to it is pretty meaningless.

For people who have been around since the start, we used to buy a unit bundle for approx vault of gold (1500) and got units around the 1k mark.. Fast forward to now and you get units in the millions for a single hit on a raid/epic boss.

Maybe focus on only using your gold to get some units with bonuses to a least help get a bit of a head start via events. Once its depleted, take note of how the game changes and your stats change over a few months and then assess what additional gold could have helped you gain.

DEWIN NUTTIN
05-28-2015, 11:20 AM
I wouldn't worry to much about the "worth" of your gold. Unfortunately with stat inflation what you use gold to purchase today will probably be achievable for free in a few months..therefore to equate a value to it is pretty meaningless.

For people who have been around since the start, we used to buy a unit bundle for approx vault of gold (1500) and got units around the 1k mark.. Fast forward to now and you get units in the millions for a single hit on a raid/epic boss.

Maybe focus on only using your gold to get some units with bonuses to a least help get a bit of a head start via events. Once its depleted, take note of how the game changes and your stats change over a few months and then assess what additional gold could have helped you gain.

Read this information and heed it.
The gentleman has dispensed more wisdom for all to acquire.

Taylor The Brutal
05-28-2015, 11:38 AM
I get that many are upset at the state of the game and there are definitely bugs that have been around far too long; however, I can tell you with confidence that the game is doing well and isn't going anywhere. Beyond the Dead was not doing well and unfortunately that is why it was retired.
Additional human resources have been invested in Modern War so we hope to soon see fixes and improvements faster than before. Thank you for your patience everyone!

While this may very well be the truth, we were also told that BTD was doing well within the last month or two, and we see where we are now.

I recognize that this isn't your fault Bolt, as a Community Manager, but Gree customers have been lied to or misled very recently with the same words.

Edit: It may not have been the same words, but we were told in the last month or two that BTD was not going anywhere.

J-manKometh96
05-28-2015, 11:44 AM
It's not that there are bugs that have been around "too long" Bolt. On top of that, it's that every day and every event brings new ones, and NONE of those get fixed either. Not slowly fixed, NEVER fixed. That you even address the situation as such just goes to show, even you, with all your promises of being different than CM's before you, are just like all the rest in not knowing just what the hell is wrong around here. If you can't even get it straight with us, how can we think it is being effectively communicated to the developers?

To the OP, if you have some "free" gold to play around with, HellRaizer makes a good suggestion. Units, no matter how good the stats, are pointless to chase with gold. But if you can come across some respectable boosts it may be worth it. However, despite Bolts promise of the game not going anywhere, the fact is the number of people playing hasn't dwindled, it's downright sunk. There are about 70% less playing now than there were 6 months ago. GREE may not have "plans" to shut down the game, but their handling of it is soon going to have seeing BtD participation numbers.

beartrap
05-28-2015, 11:46 AM
While this may very well be the truth, we were also told that BTD was doing well within the last month or two, and we see where we are now.
Edit: It may not have been the same words, but we were told in the last month or two that BTD was not going anywhere.

Not sure where you are getting your information but on the Gree portfolio, BTD was doing the worst financially. I don't think I ever saw the app reach top 50. BTD is not MW and should not be compared as such (MW performs greater).

Bolt
05-28-2015, 11:50 AM

I recognize that this isn't your fault Bolt, as a Community Manager, but Gree customers have been lied to or misled very recently with the same words.

Decisions to shut down a game can come fairly quickly. Honestly, sometimes everything changes in a month/week/day. The shutdown of the Canadian office affected the game and employees were laid off and isn't something that was planned out months in advance and nobody was told; at some point a business decision is made and everything needs to move very quickly after that.
If players were told a month ago that everything was fine in Beyond the Dead it is true that at that point there was no plan to shut down the game. Each game is evaluated as it's own unit and what happens to one game does not foretell what happens to other games in a company's portfolio.

truthteller
05-28-2015, 11:50 AM
Not sure where you are getting your information but on the Gree portfolio, BTD was doing the worst financially. I don't think I ever saw the app reach top 50. BTD is not MW and should not be compared as such (MW performs greater).

He stated that they were TOLD by the BTD moderators that the game was doing well......................."doing well" does NOT necessarily mean financially, probably the moderator meant doing well in human resources working in the game to make it keep going much longer or as mods love to say................""xxx game" is not going anywhere"

FYI: the same happened with LAW and MQ, mods kept saying the games were find until "poof" no more events and weeks later taken offline

nowdays they have changed that and games seem will have "one hell of an event" before being taken offline

J-manKometh96
05-28-2015, 11:57 AM
Decisions to shut down a game can come fairly quickly. Honestly, sometimes everything changes in a month/week/day. The shutdown of the Canadian office affected the game and employees were laid off and isn't something that was planned out months in advance and nobody was told; at some point a business decision is made and everything needs to move very quickly after that.
If players were told a month ago that everything was fine in Beyond the Dead it is true that at that point there was no plan to shut down the game. Each game is evaluated as it's own unit and what happens to one game does not foretell what happens to other games in a company's portfolio.

So by your own admission, your claims of MW not going anywhere mean absolutely zero.

Bolt
05-28-2015, 12:08 PM
It's not that there are bugs that have been around "too long" Bolt. On top of that, it's that every day and every event brings new ones, and NONE of those get fixed either. Not slowly fixed, NEVER fixed. That you even address the situation as such just goes to show, even you, with all your promises of being different than CM's before you, are just like all the rest in not knowing just what the hell is wrong around here. If you can't even get it straight with us, how can we think it is being effectively communicated to the developers?

Everyone shares in the frustration that many/most events had a bug of some sort. While it is an exaggeration that the bugs never get fixed (there have been plenty of hotfixes and other bug fixes) I am not arguing that the game should not be in a better state. It should. Players deserve better quality. The last few months were particularly bad and there is no denying that; what I have said before and I can continue to say is that there have been structural changes in the way the game teams are organized that have put them in a much better position to make progress. There is still much for the team to do but I am confident that you will start to see better quality moving forward.

Bolt
05-28-2015, 12:35 PM
So by your own admission, your claims of MW not going anywhere mean absolutely zero.

I am referring to all games, not just at GREE. All online games eventually end (except maybe the original Everquest, 16 years is like 100 years in game industry time...). A game is retired typically when it makes no more financial sense for a company to support it. No company is going to start dropping hints that the game may or may not be retired; what would be the point? often times a company itself doesn't have any dates so why create panic and anxiety. Retiring games is not pleasant but simply the nature of the business (and not just game companies but companies in general operate on some of the same principals).

For what it's worth, the game is doing well financially and isn't going anywhere as long as that is true. GREE wants the game to grow and flourish and is investing in making that so. Thank you for playing and supporting the game.

Bndawgs
05-28-2015, 01:26 PM
this is good news. I think i'm going to buy a few vaults. :rolleyes: lol

Allday
05-28-2015, 02:00 PM
Everyone shares in the frustration that many/most events had a bug of some sort. While it is an exaggeration that the bugs never get fixed (there have been plenty of hotfixes and other bug fixes) I am not arguing that the game should not be in a better state. It should. Players deserve better quality. The last few months were particularly bad and there is no denying that; what I have said before and I can continue to say is that there have been structural changes in the way the game teams are organized that have put them in a much better position to make progress. There is still much for the team to do but I am confident that you will start to see better quality moving forward.

Thanks for your candor.

MENTALLY INCOMPETENT
05-28-2015, 02:11 PM

Thank you again, Bolt.

Yes, assurance last week mean NOTHIN tomorrow.

That be the major "take away" from this thread.

That what many of us have been say for long time now.

AudioGeek
05-29-2015, 04:50 PM

Here's where I question the accuracy of that, as it relates to Beyond the Dead.

First, the announcement of the closing of the Vancouver office was made on May 11, in the COO's blog post. Many players noticed that in the days after that closure announcement, BtD events stopped. So, the questions began on the BtD forum about whether that meant BtD would be killed. The Mods there were silent. Then the Daily missions in BtD stopped. The questions on the BtD forum about the game's future became more common, and the mods were still silent. It wasn't until 10 days after the Vancouver office closure, that GREE fessed up to the plan, and announced that BtD would be killed. So, they went ahead and allowed players to continue spending money in the game when they knew for at least 10 days that they would be killing it.

Second, if you look back to the press releases in March and April about new Vice Presidents at GREE, the announcements list just four games: the only four games that are still in GREE's offerings, and the only four games that are currently shown on GREE's website. BtD is not among the four. So, whoever prepared and/or reviewed those press releases two months ago, knew that they should list only the four games which would be maintained by GREE in the foreseeable future.

And third, This... https://www.techinasia.com/gree-first-quarterly-loss-since-2013/ In this article, GREE's spokesman stated in February 2015 that in spite of poor financials, "no further layoffs or closures are planned." Hmmm... so the decision to close Vancouver and kill games was *nowhere* on the horizon in February, after having $65 million of losses in just 3 months? Right.

So, to be honest, though I'm certain the forum mods were, in fact, under the impression right up to mid-May that BtD would be around, it's simply not believable that ending BtD *wasn't* on a plan for retirement as early as February, or even before.

J-manKometh96
05-29-2015, 06:45 PM
Facts are amazing things. I'm sure we won't get a GREE reply to any of it.

Pidgeot
05-29-2015, 06:58 PM
Well, bugs aren't getting fixed. Rather than fix them, GREE releases the event anyway with all the bugs as if its not priority. They should have some kind of integrity and hold all events with problems. This would naturally affect cash flow but would mean the problem gets fixed. We are telling GREE what to do and what we want yet they do the complete opposite. We want Epic Boss but it was remove when the event had no problems but we continue to get flawed events. I know its not your fault anything of this is happening and Im not taking it out on you but we want action.

If this game fails, it would completely be GREEs fault for not understanding how supply and demand works. We are willing to spend. You guys see this when there are good rewards but not listening to the players will lead to huge lawsuits if this game does die.

J-manKometh96
05-29-2015, 07:04 PM
Lawsuits ROFLMAO! Yeah, ok lol.

good gawd noooo
05-29-2015, 08:19 PM
Well, bugs aren't getting fixed. Rather than fix them, GREE releases the event anyway with all the bugs as if its not priority. They should have some kind of integrity and hold all events with problems. This would naturally affect cash flow but would mean the problem gets fixed. We are telling GREE what to do and what we want yet they do the complete opposite. We want Epic Boss but it was remove when the event had no problems but we continue to get flawed events. I know its not your fault anything of this is happening and Im not taking it out on you but we want action.

If this game fails, it would completely be GREEs fault for not understanding how supply and demand works. We are willing to spend. You guys see this when there are good rewards but not listening to the players will lead to huge lawsuits if this game does die.

lawsuits although fun to consider would be very expensive and with the way gree has covered its ass in tos virtually impossible to win if not absolutely impossible and even if by the grace of god yu got a favorable decision the payout would be far less then the court fees and lawyer fees

J-manKometh96
05-29-2015, 08:54 PM
And would be paid out in GREE gold.

DEWIN NUTTIN
05-29-2015, 09:07 PM
And would be paid out in GREE gold.

Gree IOUS, LOL

pgexp
05-29-2015, 09:08 PM
i don't understand if you don't like this game or don't like were its going why play. you keep complaining that there are bugs in the game. go play a FPS free game and see how many bugs there are in them. and you don't pay anything for them.

DEWIN NUTTIN
05-29-2015, 09:09 PM
http://forums.gree.net/themecrate/debutant/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Bolt http://forums.gree.net/themecrate/debutant/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?p=1510026#post1510026)

Decisions to shut down a game can come fairly quickly.
Honestly, sometimes everything changes in a month/week/day.
The shutdown of the Canadian office affected the game and employees were laid off and isn't something that was planned out months in advance and nobody was told; at some point a business decision is made and everything needs to move very quickly after that.
If players were told a month ago that everything was fine in Beyond the Dead it is true that at that point there was no plan to shut down the game.
Each game is evaluated as it's own unit and what happens to one game does not foretell what happens to other games in a company's portfolio.

Very interesting stuff, very interesting....

Pidgeot
05-29-2015, 09:29 PM
lawsuits although fun to consider would be very expensive and with the way gree has covered its ass in tos virtually impossible to win if not absolutely impossible and even if by the grace of god yu got a favorable decision the payout would be far less then the court fees and lawyer fees

I don't care about a payout. Just saying the top is very rich and may do such a thing if they were lead the game was going on when in fact it was ending. That is clearly illegal.

J-manKometh96
05-30-2015, 01:30 AM
Illegal? You my friend, need to stick to drawing your cartoons.

Pidgeot
05-30-2015, 02:11 AM
Illegal? You my friend, need to stick to drawing your cartoons.

yet you're the only one living in a fantasy world.

groovy shags
06-01-2015, 08:27 AM
I don't care about a payout. Just saying the top is very rich and may do such a thing if they were lead the game was going on when in fact it was ending. That is clearly illegal.

The top players obviously aren't very smart. So your assessment of their ability is inaccurate Pidgiot!

Dave Gould
06-01-2015, 08:31 AM
DOesn't everyone like a good moan

tigerlion
06-02-2015, 10:12 PM
I am referring to all games, not just at GREE. All online games eventually end (except maybe the original Everquest, 16 years is like 100 years in game industry time...). A game is retired typically when it makes no more financial sense for a company to support it. No company is going to start dropping hints that the game may or may not be retired; what would be the point? often times a company itself doesn't have any dates so why create panic and anxiety. Retiring games is not pleasant but simply the nature of the business (and not just game companies but companies in general operate on some of the same principals).

For what it's worth, the game is doing well financially and isn't going anywhere as long as that is true. GREE wants the game to grow and flourish and is investing in making that so. Thank you for playing and supporting the game.

Doing well? You must not be playing the same game. Lots of mergers, lots quitting, very few new players. One of the two: your boss is lying to you to cover the truth, or you know the truth but were told to lie to us. This game is dying quick, not getting better.

Speed ump
06-02-2015, 11:01 PM
Groovy, so spending money means not smart these days? Doing what you what with what you have for your own personal entertainment, which in no way affects others ( other than it means they can't get the top prizes) I hear dosnt world is pretty expensive to take your family to. A good number of thousands of dollars by the time you pay for travel, room and board, food, and the tickets for the park itself. Guess the millions who waste their money each year doing that for the sake of entertainment are stupid. What about a cruise, I hear those arnt cheap either. So you and your buddies are the great judges of who is stupid for how they spend their money? We bow to your superior intellect. Oh great wise one, please enlighten us how and where to spend our money, as apparently entertainment is nothing more than frivolous and stupid.

J-manKometh96
06-03-2015, 02:33 AM
For what some of you pay, you could go on a cruise. Good food, good times, a view other than your tablet or phone screen.....thanks for proving shags point there humpty dumpty.

groovy shags
06-03-2015, 04:29 AM
Yeah...lets just hope that spud lump never has to take the witness stand in a trial for his own defense. The prosecution rests, your honor!

truthteller
06-03-2015, 09:15 AM
Groovy, so spending money means not smart these days? Doing what you what with what you have for your own personal entertainment, which in no way affects others ( other than it means they can't get the top prizes) I hear dosnt world is pretty expensive to take your family to. A good number of thousands of dollars by the time you pay for travel, room and board, food, and the tickets for the park itself. Guess the millions who waste their money each year doing that for the sake of entertainment are stupid. What about a cruise, I hear those arnt cheap either. So you and your buddies are the great judges of who is stupid for how they spend their money? We bow to your superior intellect. Oh great wise one, please enlighten us how and where to spend our money, as apparently entertainment is nothing more than frivolous and stupid.

+10000000000000000000000000000 :cool:

J1mcrane
06-03-2015, 10:20 AM

Have to agree!!!!

groovy shags
06-05-2015, 05:03 AM
Jeez you guys are dense! It's not what you spend it on, it's the quality! So are you saying that you would fly gree airlines, stay in a gree hotel, then take a gree cruise? While having some high quality gree food. Then enjoy a gree show? I would say yes then. If ALL your entertainment dollars are spent on such low quality adventures in life, then yes...you are brainless.

J-manKometh96
06-05-2015, 05:22 AM
I do believe there is an old saying something along the lines of having more money than brains....

HellRaizer
06-05-2015, 05:30 AM
Wonder if the OP is reading this thread and thinking "what sort of community plays this game?".