PDA

View Full Version : [B]IDEA FOR IMPROVEMENT OF CRIME CITY [/B] what do you think?

Red BD
05-19-2015, 05:27 PM
I consider CC an RPG. I believe RPGs should, as much as possible, mimic real life.
One thing every organized crew of any decent size has is some member or members appointed as "underboss." [perhaps not by title, but certainly by function].

IMHO such a position(s) should be created in this game. The Underboss could have all the power of the Boss, EXCEPT REMOVING a member- either on a regular basis or ALL the Boss' power on an assigned (by the Boss without the Boss resigning as the "Leader") basis.

Also, what about the wild (although realistic) concept that the Boss, Underboss and Capos (officers) actually receive some small cut of the game cash donated to the Syndicate- say 1% for Boss,
.5% for Underboss and .01% for Officers- something along those lines.

I think such an arrangement would more accurately reflect the reality of organized crime families than does the present one. That's my suggestion. What do you folks think?

1Shot
05-19-2015, 05:35 PM
I think crime city is not realistic at all. But I do understand your points on liking games with realism!

Dipstik
05-19-2015, 05:35 PM
I disagree with your premise that role playing should "mimic real life."

Red BD
05-19-2015, 05:45 PM
I disagree with your premise that role playing should "mimic real life."

I know you do Dipstick, and as I understand your philosophy I respect it while disagreeing with it. but why would you in this case? I think it would make a better fictitious game. Apparently you do not.

Dipstik
05-19-2015, 06:02 PM
I didn't say I didn't like your suggestion. I think it's kind of silly since game cash is worthless, and I think the coders have better things to do. I was only commenting on your premise, though.

Red BD
05-19-2015, 06:27 PM
I think crime city is not realistic at all. But I do understand your points on liking games with realism!

Well, IMO CC is somewhat realistic, and I think these kind of things would make it a better and more realistic game. I mean no one is talking about some way a crew could track a traitor down and bury him in the cornerstone of a Boost Building or anything (for greater "boost? Hmmm... May not be a bad idea now that I think about it)(j/k)

Red BD
05-19-2015, 06:44 PM
I didn't say I didn't like your suggestion. I think it's kind of silly since game cash is worthless, and I think the coders have better things to do. I was only commenting on your premise, though.

Is game cash "worthless?" Perhaps to the top tier of players like you, but one of us poor slobs can still buy nifty buildings and bonuses with it. I know a Boss (not me) who buys his whole crew all bonuses and Hideouts from his iph with Game Cash. Now IMO his gang sucks raw eggs partly due to that, but that's their business. Game cash is only worthless if you try to spend it in the real world.

I admit I have zero knowledge about the workload or duties of these folks you call "coders."

I would think, even if it might be too much for them to handle under present circumstances, we may not wish to "cut it off at the pass" by deciding for them it is too much trouble to be bothered with.

Dipstik
05-19-2015, 06:58 PM
I never said don't suggest it, I never said it was a bad idea. Grow a spine, ok?

sister morphine
05-19-2015, 10:12 PM
I consider CC an RPG. I believe RPGs should, as much as possible, mimic real life.
One thing every organized crew of any decent size has is some member or members appointed as "underboss." [perhaps not by title, but certainly by function].

IMHO such a position(s) should be created in this game. The Underboss could have all the power of the Boss, EXCEPT REMOVING a member- either on a regular basis or ALL the Boss' power on an assigned (by the Boss without the Boss resigning as the "Leader") basis.

Also, what about the wild (although realistic) concept that the Boss, Underboss and Capos (officers) actually receive some small cut of the game cash donated to the Syndicate- say 1% for Boss,
.5% for Underboss and .01% for Officers- something along those lines.

I think such an arrangement would more accurately reflect the reality of organized crime families than does the present one. That's my suggestion. What do you folks think?
If the game reflected real life, then the stronger players would be able to squash (ie inflict permanent reductions in either stats, iph or something) the weaker players who rob them often enough to trigger a reaction, say if the same player hit you more than three times in a calendar week. As it is, all you can do is give them a link.

It doesn't though, so it won't happen.