PDA

View Full Version : Is this game any good?

Kermit d Frog
05-19-2015, 07:03 AM
Hi I am looking to play a new game, and I was wondering if this was a good one. I don't want to invest much time and no money because I don't want to lose out on my investment. I was wondering if this game is worth my time and if someone can tell me a lil about the gameplay and events

Dipstik
05-19-2015, 07:12 AM
I suggest reading this forum for a bit. You can clearly see from the expressed attitudes of the players how much fun they have. Right?

sister morphine
05-19-2015, 07:17 AM
Hi I am looking to play a new game, and I was wondering if this was a good one. I don't want to invest much time and no money because I don't want to lose out on my investment. I was wondering if this game is worth my time and if someone can tell me a lil about the gameplay and events
Investing time is a must if you don't wish to "invest" real money. Without it you'll go nowhere in terms of stats. If you're bobbling along the bottom in stats the only thing left is building your hood. Sort of Sim City without the bits you'd play that game for.

Really the best reason to play CC is the people you'll meet in the game, both good and (has to be said) idiotic. Getting under the skin of the latter is more fun than most other bits.

Kermit d Frog
05-19-2015, 09:12 AM
I am/ was an avid player of beyond the dead and they told us they weren't getting rid of the game about a month ago and last week they stopped doing events and responding to people. I am not sure if I am going to play another gree game, but I thought this one looked good.

Nighteg
05-19-2015, 09:36 AM
I'll probably get another infraction point, but do yourself a favor and stay away from gree games. I heard CoC is good.

Dipstik
05-19-2015, 09:47 AM
Apparently we're allowed to talk about other games now, but yeah, using their forum to tell their customers to stay away is probably not a good idea...

I like Puzzle and Dragons. Clash got really boring at the high town hall levels.

Max Power
05-19-2015, 10:52 AM
Apparently we're allowed to talk about other games now, but yeah, using their forum to tell their customers to stay away is probably not a good idea...

After the silent treatment over at BtD, I am not sure I really care what they think, as it is apparent that they don't care what we think either.

Winnson
05-19-2015, 11:21 AM
This game's good if you have a good syndicate.

I've been playing Battle for the Throne too. Awesome trading card type game that caught me by surprise how much I enjoy it.

Dipstik
05-19-2015, 11:28 AM
After the silent treatment over at BtD, I am not sure I really care what they think, as it is apparent that they don't care what we think either.

Yeah, I honestly don't care what they think of me, but I do hope to avoid the attention of the banhammer. I assume others feel the same way. I usually have no idea what the rules here actually require of me, but I'm pretty sure telling customers to go somewhere else is an easy one.

Max Power
05-19-2015, 11:45 AM
Yeah, I honestly don't care what they think of me, but I do hope to avoid the attention of the banhammer. I assume others feel the same way. I usually have no idea what the rules here actually require of me, but I'm pretty sure telling customers to go somewhere else is an easy one.

At this point, if they ban me, fine. After seeing their behavior over at BtD, I have lost all respect. As for mentioning other games, they are pretty much driving everybody over there away anyway, so the topic of other games is something they initiated.

One big "meh".....

Vile Lynn
05-19-2015, 12:41 PM
I think Crme City is worth your time if you like playing these types of apps.
CC has a lot of gold buyers that can support the app for a few more years, hopefully.

After all of the promises, I'm a bit surprised the Community Management Team has gone silent in the Beyond the Dead Forum. Even if they can't say anything about the app ending, they could have posted something like, "We'll have an update later." Blatantly ignoring them is cruel & disrespectful. Gotta give respect to get it.
I guess BtD is the CC Accomplice of GREE.

JakeCullen
05-19-2015, 12:53 PM
Crime City is a game? That's news! :-)

Max Power
05-19-2015, 01:51 PM
I think Crme City is worth your time if you like playing these types of apps.
CC has a lot of gold buyers that can support the app for a few more years, hopefully.

After all of the promises, I'm a bit surprised the Community Management Team has gone silent in the Beyond the Dead Forum. Even if they can't say anything about the app ending, they could have posted something like, "We'll have an update later." Blatantly ignoring them is cruel & disrespectful. Gotta give respect to get it.
I guess BtD is the CC Accomplice of GREE.

They have gone silent with other games they have shut down. At least this time, they are pulling off events in advance so people don't spend money right before the shutdown and then run to Apple for refunds. So I guess you could say they are getting practiced at this. Still weaselly, but practiced.

Vile Lynn
05-19-2015, 02:05 PM
Yep! At least we'll know what to expect when the time comes.

TheJess
05-19-2015, 09:23 PM

What an interesting way to make a decision on game selection. As you can see from your reception in this thread, some in the community are not too friendly, especially to newbies. However, fortunately, they're not a majority, and there are some nice people playing. In terms of time commitment, or monetary investment, the requirements are very high if you wish to get pretty much anywhere in this game. It was not always that way, but it is now.

Idiosyncrasy
05-19-2015, 09:39 PM
Thinking this is a troll thread based on the join date of the OP. If not, and you're looking for a game that doesn't require much of a time or money investment to do well, then I'm afraid this game isn't for you.

I've been enjoying Simcity Build It lately. Seems to be more of the pace I'm looking for right now.

Dipstik
05-20-2015, 05:16 AM
Jess, did someone pick on you on the Internet? Tell papa dippy all about it...

Kermit d Frog
05-20-2015, 07:23 AM
Thanks guys I am disappointed w/ gree but I really like BTD I think this game looks interesting but it will be awhile before I buy any gold and BTD requires you to go on every hour to get anywhere. I am not sure if I will Go on any game 15-20 times a day again

Bala82
05-20-2015, 07:57 AM
Thanks guys I am disappointed w/ gree but I really like BTD I think this game looks interesting but it will be awhile before I buy any gold and BTD requires you to go on every hour to get anywhere. I am not sure if I will Go on any game 15-20 times a day again

This game is up to you how much you want play if you just buy 12/24/48 hour building you only log in twice a day

Smallestelf
05-20-2015, 05:37 PM

The current Epic Boss event has had me coming on every 26-30 mins for the last 2 weeks so yeah every hour is nothing

Max Power
05-21-2015, 06:13 AM

This is solid logic. The games can be an incredible time suck, and I think in the long run it is not healthy to stare at games so much of your day. I mean, people are setting alarms for the middle of the night to collect worthless pixels.

I remember standing at a London tube station and looking around at about 100 people waiting for the train and I was the only one not staring down at a device. What could possibly be so important that everybody has to stare at their device with every free second? (Is a great way to stare at hot chicks without getting busted)

I now play Megalopolis because you can build a city over time, don't need to feel pressure if syndicates and these fake friends you have made, and there is no pressure to log in. I feel it's a good balance for how much of your life these forms of entertainment should take.

TZora
05-25-2015, 09:00 AM
I'll probably get another infraction point, but do yourself a favor and stay away from gree games. I heard CoC is good.
never let them take away your freedom of speech. if you have to say, say it openly without any fear.

"this game sucks bullocks"

wasn't that tough, was it? :)