PDA

View Full Version : What a waste of a WD

Superdude
05-17-2015, 10:18 PM
Faction currently taking bets on whether or not this is gonna get banned.

Oh Gree. Usually I don't get up in arms about things in this game. I've played this dang thing from the very start and I intend to finish it out since I've already spent so much money on it. When I saw the new announcement about bonus wars, I was thrilled. Finally, a genuinely good idea by Gree to increase Wd points! This could be a lot of fun! Most were under the impression that these wars could come fairly often and that everyone would get them, and some were predicting this would be an epic WD. Surely nothing could go wrong...

Then came the gold tier. Gree had made another usual mistake, instead of 19.99 for the first tier pack it was 4.99! Many were all over this sale and buying as much gold as their iTunes account could let them. Until Gree decided to switch the price without notice back to 19.99. I get that you made a mistake, but maybe somebody at your headquarters should google "bait and switch" because switching the prices suddenly like that is not legal.

Despite that, many were still looking forward to these premium wars. But a day went buy, and many factions in the top 25 hadn't gotten one, including my faction, while others had gotten over 5. Teams that had never before broken the top 100 were now in the top 50 because of these wars. Then 2 days went by and many still hadn't had one. Finally, my team drew one with another team who hadn't had one yet. We were so excited! Until we realized that both scores stayed at 0 on the display the entire war and that the points actually decreased from normal, instead of going up. Our only premium war counted for close to nothing. Every support email comes back with the same thing about premium wars said in the announcement on the forum. Giving different customers special benefits for the same price in order to increase spending is another business infraction, Gree.

This game used to be in the top 5 on the App Store in terms of profit. It could still be! Gree, your profits could be 10x what they are now if you guys actually hired anybody to proofread your stuff! I honestly think my kid could program almost as well as you guys. I have never before seen a company trash their product so badly, a product that was once earning them billions because of incompetence. Each day because of this incompetence more people quit the game, and the spiral continues to spin out of control. It saddens me to see so many old friends quit the game, quit a product that we all used to love and bonded over all due to a company that uses unethical and sometime illegal business practices, and can't even set the right prices for its goods.

Maybe we should stop spending gold and instead use our money to hire a class-action lawyer.

groovy shags
05-18-2015, 04:31 AM
Indeed quite a heartbreaking read. Yet you still buy gold. I could understand you guys buying gold when the abuse first started, but not now. You have only yourself to blame, no one else. GREE is in business to make money. If you haven't learned by now, you never will. They also do not care what works in the game, or what doesn't work. Unless players can't buy gold. That would be fixed immediately! But everything else is simply GREE spraying and praying you guys buy more and more gold for pixels.

The beatings will continue, until the gold buying stops!

thunder
05-18-2015, 05:33 AM
Still no special match ups. I'm in a top 25.

bam bam.
05-18-2015, 05:54 AM
H
Indeed quite a heartbreaking read. Yet you still buy gold. I could understand you guys buying gold when the abuse first started, but not now. You have only yourself to blame, no one else. GREE is in business to make money. If you haven't learned by now, you never will. They also do not care what works in the game, or what doesn't work. Unless players can't buy gold. That would be fixed immediately! But everything else is simply GREE spraying and praying you guys buy more and more gold for pixels.

The beatings will continue, until the gold buying stops!

The only language GReE speaks is $$$,$$$,$$$ so if you want the game fixed give them less $,$$$. I used to be a spender. I will spend again when the bugs are gone and the ethics come back to this company. Until then I am not interested in encouraging this mob.

WBS
05-18-2015, 07:35 AM
I used to spend some money to help in Wd and other events but my extra money will not be going to gree because they are incompetent and run a horrible greedy business model. The game used to be fun, and we had a reason to try and help out the faction and build up. Now accounts are worthless, nothing to spend money on and with boost buildings and display glitches it doesn't feel worth trying anymore. So I play free now and still chill with the faction.

DEWIN NUTTIN
05-18-2015, 07:53 AM
Let's stipulate for discussion purposes only there are XXX number of players.
If you are player number one, player number 500, or player number 5,000; no amount of money is going to move you from player 500 to player 50.
The pecking order has been established, and it won't change.
Even that little episode with the naughty boss didn't help people move that much.
Sure, someone may have jumped from player 3,555 to player 3,250, big deal.
Where you stand today, is where you'll stand tomorrow, next week, next month (if the game is still standing).
As a previous poster said, money can buy gold, but the few units available to you will barely move your stats.
Again, look back at that naughty boss a few weeks ago.
A whole lotta tapping, but nothing much changed.
Last, but not least, no one really knows what his or her stats are anyway.

WBS
05-18-2015, 08:08 AM
Let's stipulate for discussion purposes only there are XXX number of players.
If you are player number one, player number 500, or player number 5,000; no amount of money is going to move you from player 500 to player 50.
The pecking order has been established, and it won't change.
Even that little episode with the naughty boss didn't help people move that much.
Sure, someone may have jumped from player 3,555 to player 3,250, big deal.
Where you stand today, is where you'll stand tomorrow, next week, next month (if the game is still standing).
As a previous poster said, money can buy gold, but the few units available to you will barely move your stats.
Again, look back at that naughty boss a few weeks ago.
A whole lotta tapping, but nothing much changed.
Last, but not least, no one really knows what his or her stats are anyway.

Very true Dew. This game is set up that way. It was fun to begin with but now it is a job. No strategy involved at all either, just mindless tapping to get no where further in the game. I don't know if gree can save the game, it feels like it's already dead.

DEWIN NUTTIN
05-18-2015, 08:57 AM
Very true Dew. This game is set up that way. It was fun to begin with but now it is a job. No strategy involved at all either, just mindless tapping to get no where further in the game. I don't know if gree can save the game, it feels like it's already dead.

One more observation, if I may.
The top dogs, the alpha canines around these parts, seems like they've discovered some strategy.
The overall participation rate is down, way down from the top dogs to the little puppies.

In the past, the alpha canines, the top dogs would have accumulated point totals in the hundreds of millions, if not the BILLIONS.
So far, the lead sled dog is sitting below 50,000,000, the other sled dogs in their same positions, well below 40,000,000.
This repeat WD into Italy, well , those top dogs sized things up, lowered their totals, and nothing changed.
The usual suspects are comfortably ensconced in their usual positions.

Oh, and where are the dead dogs, like our little crew of slackers???
LOL, we've suddenly become a top 500 team.
Ain't that a side splitter????? LMFAO

We've activated the declare button fewer than a ten times.
Yes, this is what became of the former flagship activity of this game.

A small bunch of losers, slackers, and ne'er do wells, are now top 500, by a whole lotta DEWIN NUTTIN.

WBS
05-18-2015, 09:52 AM
We usually placed around 150-175 with 54th our highest. None of us have used gold and are at 275. Last time we went gold free we ended up at 499. 125 places higher by going gold free now from 4 wars ago. Participation is down around the whole community.

fatbodychris
05-18-2015, 10:07 AM
One more observation, if I may.
The top dogs, the alpha canines around these parts, seems like they've discovered some strategy.
The overall participation rate is down, way down from the top dogs to the little puppies.

In the past, the alpha canines, the top dogs would have accumulated point totals in the hundreds of millions, if not the BILLIONS.
So far, the lead sled dog is sitting below 50,000,000, the other sled dogs in their same positions, well below 40,000,000.
This repeat WD into Italy, well , those top dogs sized things up, lowered their totals, and nothing changed.
The usual suspects are comfortably ensconced in their usual positions.

Oh, and where are the dead dogs, like our little crew of slackers???
LOL, we've suddenly become a top 500 team.
Ain't that a side splitter????? LMFAO

We've activated the declare button fewer than a ten times.
Yes, this is what became of the former flagship activity of this game.

A small bunch of losers, slackers, and ne'er do wells, are now top 500, by a whole lotta DEWIN NUTTIN.

According to the WD winner list posted by gree, there has only been one WD event where the winner scored over 100 million points. The next highest points scored were around 88 million in a different event.

http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?104533-Winners-World-Domination-Trouble-in-Thailand

railguy
05-20-2015, 04:47 AM
I generally agree with you dewin nuttin, but I agree with fatbody, no team is accumlating billions. I think the top tier still tapping.