PDA

View Full Version : Looks like Gree is closing another office and possibly some games...

kmg108
05-13-2015, 05:02 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/mobile-games-outfit-gree-closes-003002182.html;_ylt=A0LEVjpLPFNVoIgAG2InnIlQ;_ylu= X3oDMTByMHVzM20zBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMzBHZ0aWQDBHNlYw NzYw--

Vile Lynn
05-13-2015, 06:23 AM
Wow. Colored me shocked.

J-manKometh96
05-13-2015, 06:53 AM
Hmm....they always claimed Knights and Dragons was one of their biggest titles, but seeing as it came from the Vancouver studio I guess that means bye bye to one of their bigger games.

legalious
05-13-2015, 08:31 AM
From the way it reads, they are ceasing Development from that area. I doubt that will affect the games currently within Gree's portfolio.

Pidgeot
05-13-2015, 08:41 AM
From the way it reads, they are ceasing Development from that area. I doubt that will affect the games currently within Gree's portfolio.

"Effective immediately, Gree International is shutting down our office in Vancouver, Canada and discontinuing the development of all mobile games from that studio," he wrote. "We have decided to focus our talent on building new gameplay within our biggest franchises."

Vile Lynn
05-13-2015, 08:45 AM
*waiting on an official orange reply*

K&D and BtD are out of Vancover, yeah?

J-manKometh96
05-13-2015, 09:27 AM
K&D yes, not sure about BtD. Criminal Legacy was too, which was shut down last month.

truthteller
05-13-2015, 09:35 AM
I remember an article or someone posting that GRee was suppose to be working on 30 new titles this year, I guess that the titles that were being work at the Vancouver office, have been cancelled

I do not think that any online game will be shutdown

HellRaizer
05-13-2015, 09:47 AM
Doesn't make for a great read, although its wording can certainly be interpreted in different ways.. Guessing an *orange* reply will follow

Agent Orange
05-13-2015, 10:07 AM
Gree is an aquisition based company so once they finish sucking the blood out of a title or division they discard it. Overall though this does not paint a rosey picture.

legalious
05-13-2015, 11:32 AM
K&D yes, not sure about BtD. Criminal Legacy was too, which was shut down last month.

KnD is not developed at the Gree facility in Vancouver. The company that develops KnD is IUGO and the publisher for the game is out of US based offices.

Brown Out
05-13-2015, 11:43 AM
Looks like Chicken Little still thinks the sky is fallng. WOOT WOOT!!

NexusImperium
05-13-2015, 01:07 PM
Recently some of you may remember that I suggested that developers stopped working on Modern War around Nov/Dec of last year. I was surprised in the recent couple of weeks to see that there was actually some development work done on the game.

This news article makes sense then - with the failure of the other studio I suppose they've reallocated effort to MW to keep it going.

J-manKometh96
05-13-2015, 01:48 PM
KnD is not developed at the Gree facility in Vancouver. The company that develops KnD is IUGO and the publisher for the game is out of US based offices.
But it is developed in Vancouver. As GREE is a "minority investor", who here really knew for sure that wasn't actually "their" Vancouver office, since it did house the same team for the CC equivalent of K&D that got poopcanned last month. Hence the question of whether that meant bye bye for K&D.

Speed ump
05-13-2015, 02:21 PM
Why do I gett he feels g that some are hoping that they will shutter this game?

East Coast Bias
05-13-2015, 09:46 PM
Doesn't make for a great read, although its wording can certainly be interpreted in different ways.. Guessing an *orange* reply will follow

HR, welcome back to the player world. I am not so confident about an orange rely, I mean why this one when there was to be more info prior to the next WDE about these new wonderful match ups, etc?

J-manKometh96
05-14-2015, 01:40 AM
It was replied to in the K&D forum. They say it's staying.