PDA

View Full Version : Explosive

cliffordan
10-22-2011, 02:57 AM
The new explosive is consumable, make it the most expensive equipment. 10 attack lost more than 10 explosives, it like throwing money! Do you guys buy any explosive?

whocareswhatmynameis
10-22-2011, 07:06 AM
i'm experimenting with it. so far out of 49 purchased, i've lost 2. i've won all my robberies and attacks. i bet explosive consumption would be higher for losing.

Cooz
10-22-2011, 07:34 AM
We had a thread going on this the night of the release.

Just my opinion, but explosives seem to be best used two ways: 1. a deterrent to enemies attacking you when you aren't going to be around for a while. You can spend a few grand and get essentially a temporary boost to your stats so when others are strolling through your hood, they may choose not to attack you because your stats are really high.

2. If you see someone/something you really want to fight/rob, but you feel you need an extra edge, you can buy them and maybe win where you would normally lose. So sort of a one-time boost sort of thing.

It seems a bit costly to plan on using explosives in every fight/robbery you attempt, so their intended use is more on a one-time basis.

cliffordan
10-22-2011, 07:40 AM
i'm experimenting with it. so far out of 49 purchased, i've lost 2. i've won all my robberies and attacks. i bet explosive consumption would be higher for losing.
Which explosive you have bought?
I bought the time bomb. Will the consumption rate be different with different explosive?
Thanks Cooz! I think you explanation is a good advise.

whocareswhatmynameis
10-22-2011, 12:20 PM
Which explosive you have bought?

I had 7 each of molotov cocktail, smoke bomb, time bomb, hand grenade, stun grenade, frag grenade and IED. I have lost 1 time bomb and 1 IED. So far I haven't been able to discern a pattern of consumption, i.e., why IED and not hand grenade. Will let you know as soon as I figure this thing out.

cliffordan
10-22-2011, 06:15 PM
I have bought 135 explosive last night, all 70 time bomb were lost during the attacks by others when I was asleep! and 20 smoke grenade were also gone. I think you will lose your explosive when you lose your fight. When I am fighting others, I win the fight and no explosive were lost. The attack only explosive used only when you attack others, the defense only explosive used only in defense. But the time bombs are used in attack and defense.

Aylnitrate
12-04-2011, 11:57 AM
Unless funzio comes up with a more fair way to regulate the consumption of explosives, DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY. I have had more than 4 times when a single attack used up 40-70 defensive explosives.

Don't use dual purpose explosives at all because they are more expensive and will be used twice as fast.

I would ONLY use offensive explosives because at least you can choose whn to use them. Even still, I've had fights use none and then for whatever reason a single attack will use up to 40 at once!

Cmon funzio- there has to be a limit or else nobody will use them becaus they are a waste.

MadHatter
12-04-2011, 12:03 PM
Is it true that 17% of your explosives used in an attack fail to detonate and do not whatsoever count in the final calculation of who wins the fight. I lol at people who invest in explosive beacuse of this!

dudeman
12-04-2011, 03:52 PM
I bought some grenades a while ago. They're all gone now, but sometimes after a fight or robbery I see "grenade x0" in the items used.

So my question would be "wtf"?! I don't have any of that item and I'm using none of those instead of something, ANYTHING, else.

Max Power
12-04-2011, 04:22 PM
Every one of my mob has a Molotov cocktail. If I start losing them in fights that I am winning, it's too close for comfort and I move on.

ISA DOG
12-05-2011, 01:52 AM
This is a real waste of money.

Aylnitrate
12-05-2011, 10:18 AM
I'm pretty sure also that your total explosives has an effect on how many used at once. When I had around 50 I usually lost 4-10 at a time, but once I had around 400 I was losing between 50-100 in a single attack. I bought all defense grenades but it totally svcks @$$ to lose 100 at once. I'll never buy any ever again.

Anubis
12-05-2011, 02:58 PM
The way they are taken seem different too. Hand grenades seem to be taken at random, Frag Grenades use one up everytime ammo is taken after a fight. Molotov Cocktails just get eaten hardcore.

If I'm correct in saying Just one Frag grenade is taken everytime ammo is used up then I will probably spen 1M on equipping my Mafia with them. 3500att is a decent boost and would allow me to rob hoods with ~25K defence.

Mb Tnk
12-05-2011, 03:14 PM
The number taken will be based on a number of factors, 1, the number of mafia in the fight that need them, 2, the consumable rate factor (this is hidden information calculated by funzio, bascially the cheaper the exp the faster they get consumed), 3, your opponents stats.

It's been said before, don't waste any money on def exp, or exp that have att and def, just spend money on att exp, you control that.