PDA

View Full Version : People still play this?

passerby
05-12-2015, 09:43 AM
Why?

This game is nothing but a never ending quest for meaningless stats. Nothing that you do in the game will matter much two months later due to inflation. All of the events are boring and nothing but a way for Gree to milk money from the players. Syndicate wars don't even mean anything and haven't for over a year now. The developers don't give a **** about the playerbase and most of you have known that for a long time.

I'm not attempting to troll here. I would genuinely like to know why so many of you continue to expend so much of your time and energy towards gaining more useless attack/defense stats in a very shallow, poorly ran mobile game. I myself haven't played in a year and a half and decided to visit this forum to see if things were still the same. They are. It's both amusing and kind of sad.

Blaggard
05-12-2015, 09:48 AM
People are still feeling smug about quitting?

Dipstik
05-12-2015, 09:52 AM
Nah... of course you're not trolling :)

Dr BoneCrusher
05-12-2015, 09:52 AM
First you should have addressed us with your in game name second you are correct but so what if this game is entertaining to them why sht on them

Bala82
05-12-2015, 10:17 AM
Why?.

Clearly you didn't look hard enough

http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?115432-Why-I-keep-playing

Jcw9811
05-12-2015, 10:28 AM
Why?

This game is nothing but a never ending quest for meaningless stats. Nothing that you do in the game will matter much two months later due to inflation. All of the events are boring and nothing but a way for Gree to milk money from the players. Syndicate wars don't even mean anything and haven't for over a year now. The developers don't give a **** about the playerbase and most of you have known that for a long time.

I'm not attempting to troll here. I would genuinely like to know why so many of you continue to expend so much of your time and energy towards gaining more useless attack/defense stats in a very shallow, poorly ran mobile game. I myself haven't played in a year and a half and decided to visit this forum to see if things were still the same. They are. It's both amusing and kind of sad.

Because we enjoy playing and enjoy the friends we have made thru playing. Go hate some where else.

Max Power
05-12-2015, 10:33 AM
This game is nothing but a never ending quest for meaningless stats.

Is any video game meaningful?

Vile Lynn
05-12-2015, 10:34 AM
Wait. I'm playing a game? I thought the game was playing me! ;)

Winnson
05-12-2015, 11:16 AM
I like growing my hood, finishing objectives with my awesome team and watching my hood and stats grow.

This will probably be the first LTB ever I get to ten while it's in progress. Another milestone reached.

Plus, we can hop on over to these here forums and see threads like yours. If no one played anymore, no one would see or care about your OP.

Plus, I want to see how it all shakes out. I'll probably hang on until they unplug the servers.

Plus, Captain Torgue and Dippy, and a whole host of other characters.

Plus, I prefer naps to a whole lot of sleep at one time, so this game is perfect for me.

When I think of other stuff I'll post it.

Cool thread mate! Happy gaming mate!

Winnson
05-12-2015, 11:18 AM
Plus, making people so mad they post the craziest stuff on your wall. That is pretty awesome.

I love a good meltdown as much as the next guy (or girl). They're hilarious :rolleyes:

John_Locke
05-12-2015, 02:51 PM
Why?

Entertainment. We get even less going to a movie or a sporting event.

1Shot
05-12-2015, 03:11 PM
IPH keeps me here. Growing my hood is a special feature only this game has.

Gr3g
05-12-2015, 03:20 PM
IPH keeps me here. Growing my hood is a special feature only this game has.
Until you run out of room and have to sell your crap buildings that look cool

kimberleyj
05-12-2015, 06:25 PM
People like this game for all different reasons like events ,syn ,graphics ect . I am not sure why you would enter a cc forum if you dislike the game so much?.

Dipstik
05-12-2015, 06:28 PM
Yeah it's one of life's mysteries...

TheJess
05-12-2015, 06:30 PM
OP, many players and retired players feel the same way. The reasons why some keep playing despite all the problems you identify are provided in earlier comments, as well as just plain gaming addiction.

Dipstik
05-13-2015, 06:30 AM
I keep playing because it makes me a better person than the quitters.

http://cdn.memestache.com/2011/11/7/aa73eba26a9eff13e0c40c02f0a869fa.jpg

Vile Lynn
05-13-2015, 08:25 AM
...but, but, but quitters are winners in this app.

If I haven't won by now, I won't win later. :cool:

Jeronimo
05-13-2015, 09:01 AM
I only got one question: why would someone come back to the FORUMS of a game if that person has left the GAME?!

Vile Lynn
05-13-2015, 09:27 AM
for kicks & giggles!

And to remind them why they won.

1Shot
05-13-2015, 09:42 AM
People like this game for all different reasons like events ,syn ,graphics ect . I am not sure why you would enter a cc forum if you dislike the game so much?.

True words, my friend.

Idiosyncrasy
05-13-2015, 09:38 PM
I only got one question: why would someone come back to the FORUMS of a game if that person has left the GAME?!

I come back because I like forums, and for the nostalgia. Curiosity too to see how things have or haven't changed.

TheJess
05-14-2015, 09:53 PM

Valid point, but OP probably doesn't play, or is addicted and wishes he could quit. Many experienced players understand the outrage of players who quit for the reasons such as articulated by OP.

montecore
05-15-2015, 10:34 PM
Why?

Just read your posting history. I have never seen such crying.

TheJess
05-16-2015, 10:17 AM
Just read your posting history. I have never seen such crying.

One could cast the same aspersion in other directions as well...perhaps yours?

Dipstik
05-16-2015, 10:26 AM
Quit trolling, Jess.

montecore
05-16-2015, 06:16 PM
One could cast the same aspersion in other directions as well...perhaps yours?

I have certainly had my moments of fixated exasperation, but i like to think my posting history covers a wide array of DSM-IV symptoms, whereas his are more isolated and limited.

TheJess
05-17-2015, 07:15 AM
I have certainly had my moments of fixated exasperation, but i like to think my posting history covers a wide array of DSM-IV symptoms, whereas his are more isolated and limited.

Lol. Extra points for sense of humor though.

Winnson
05-17-2015, 10:34 AM

They keep expanding that book to sell their drugs. It is what it is.

I'd rather spend my money on CC than psychotropics! Hey O!

It is definitely much, much healthier. Tell you what.

TheJess
05-17-2015, 07:09 PM
Depends on the severity of the addiction.

WBS
05-18-2015, 05:38 AM
I certainly hope gree doesnot ruin Crime City like they did Moderne war. In Modern war they released boost building, the old Limited Time Buildings and Had one Epic boss that skyrocketed stats. Now money in MW is useless, those who played for 3 years there stats are worthless. Gree cheapened the game and now players are quitting at a steady pace. I believe the same thing will happen to CC if gree implements the same thing they did in MW. I wish you guys luck in hoping that gree keeps its fingers out of it and it lets the game be the way it is or used to be depending on if they implemented the virus or not.

Max Power
05-18-2015, 06:13 AM
They keep expanding that book to sell their drugs. It is what it is.

I'd rather spend my money on CC than psychotropics! Hey O!

It is definitely much, much healthier. Tell you what.

You act as if it is either/or. It is not. Justification is for the weak. Strap on those boots private!

I certainly hope gree doesnot ruin Crime City like they did Moderne war. In Modern war they released boost building, the old Limited Time Buildings and Had one Epic boss that skyrocketed stats. Now money in MW is useless, those who played for 3 years there stats are worthless. Gree cheapened the game and now players are quitting at a steady pace. I believe the same thing will happen to CC if gree implements the same thing they did in MW. I wish you guys luck in hoping that gree keeps its fingers out of it and it lets the game be the way it is or used to be depending on if they implemented the virus or not.

Have you even MET CC? LOL!

montecore
05-18-2015, 07:11 AM
Feels like family, tastes like chicken.

WBS
05-18-2015, 07:39 AM
You act as if it is either/or. It is not. Justification is for the weak. Strap on those boots private!

Have you even MET CC? LOL!
used to play CC with a top 150 syndicate. It's been awhile since I played, I tried to play again about a month or 2 ago but couldn't get myself to continue. So I deleted the account.I have heard that the same things have came to CC as MW but I am not sure they did or not. If they did it is the start of the end as your time building up and spending gold to increase stats and IPH has been made all but obsolete.

TheJess
05-18-2015, 07:01 PM
Feels like family, tastes like chicken.

I don't understand what this means.

MK Loves You
05-18-2015, 07:15 PM
I don't understand what this means.
Simple, he's saying the SAS "family" is full of chickens.

You know the old saying: if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck then it must be a duck.