PDA

View Full Version : Any Reason to Buy Units?

The_Russkie
05-11-2015, 05:00 PM
I'm still new to this game and haven't yet joined a faction. With that said, I typically just do the single player missions and get a few 1-6 mil units each new cycle.

Is there any reason to buy the standard units in the 5k range, when 1-6 mil units are free?
Is there any reason to buy defensive building with a whopping 12 units in defense?

It seems I can get far greater results for free if I just keep button mashing. Am I missing something?
I have not spent any of my real money on this game, nor do I plan to.

Danger Mouse
05-11-2015, 05:06 PM
No.
No.
-
Nup.
-
Good, don't.

The_Russkie
05-11-2015, 05:10 PM
I left World War (S8) to come to this game and it appears the same business/programming models that brought that game down are leading to the slow death here. Anyone else see that? Am I too late to the party?

J-manKometh96
05-11-2015, 05:14 PM
A lot of my faction mates are old WW players and have drawn the same conclusion as you. It's another sinking ship.

Danger Mouse
05-11-2015, 05:16 PM
I left World War (S8) to come to this game and it appears the same business/programming models that brought that game down are leading to the slow death here. Anyone else see that? Am I too late to the party?

Gree are busily rearranging the deck chairs on the titanic, this party was over from the moment they set sail thanks to their business model. Unless you're a whale with the disposable income of a small Caribbean tax haven, don't bother.

manbeast
05-11-2015, 06:09 PM
Top cash units should be 70mil/70mil and $10 billion each unit. Unfortunately gree cannot keep up with their own inflation

Benasi
05-12-2015, 07:01 AM
Gree are busily rearranging the deck chairs on the titanic, this party was over from the moment they set sail thanks to their business model. Unless you're a whale with the disposable income of a small Caribbean tax haven, don't bother.

What Danger said unfortunately, it used to be a fun game 😔 now it's my faction that keeps me going. GREE just stretching it out to see how much money they can still squeeze out of us.

NexusImperium
05-12-2015, 01:13 PM
Top cash units should be 70mil/70mil and $10 billion each unit. Unfortunately gree cannot keep up with their own inflation

+1, I've spent so much time and effort upgrading my IPH and now I have nothing to spend my cash on. It'd be great if Gree introduced some expensive units to buy.

Also, some very expensive FL units would be nice, something point-wise in between the carrier and gunner, and costs a ton of in-game $ to buy.

Pidgeot
05-12-2015, 01:47 PM
+1, I've spent so much time and effort upgrading my IPH and now I have nothing to spend my cash on. It'd be great if Gree introduced some expensive units to buy.

Also, some very expensive FL units would be nice, something point-wise in between the carrier and gunner, and costs a ton of in-game $ to buy.

I agree with that, a Air unit, because I like them with 27,500 deploy power that cost 300 million to buy for 1 unit. It will reverse the damage from the tank glitch for sure but reward people who are building IPH. Would create a new tier of players for sure.

DEWIN NUTTIN
05-12-2015, 02:39 PM
I agree with that, a Air unit, because I like them with 27,500 deploy power that cost 300 million to buy for 1 unit. It will reverse the damage from the tank glitch for sure but reward people who are building IPH. Would create a new tier of players for sure.

There would be no profit for Gree in players spending fake, in game Gree Groats.

groovy shags
05-12-2015, 11:25 PM
Just buy a lot of scratchers. You can get a lot of units for your gold. Plus, it's fun and exciting to scratch them!

PITA4PRES
05-13-2015, 11:18 AM
How about a really expensive LE building with a good payout that is worth upgrading? Maybe purchase price of 1B which is something that people have been asking for anyway. Would reward those who have worked on iph with something worthwhile. More expensive cash units with good stats would be good too.

J-manKometh96
05-13-2015, 11:37 AM
How about a really expensive LE building with a good payout that is worth upgrading? Maybe purchase price of 1B which is something that people have been asking for anyway. Would reward those who have worked on iph with something worthwhile. More expensive cash units with good stats would be good too.

Except that would just give you more cash to not be able to spend.

NexusImperium
05-13-2015, 12:51 PM
The whole problem is that the MW economy is broken. There is way too much cash on hand in the game. Gree could fix this if they introduced cash units/FL units that were very expensive and disposable.

Once this equalizes then they can remove the 3.6M attack reward cap and set the reward to something like 20% of cash over vault similar as in Clash of Clans, etc. That economy system over there works very well and keeps the incentive of attacking/raiding alive.

There are so many things Gree could do to fix this game - if they're interested in doing that.

J-manKometh96
05-13-2015, 01:52 PM
I wouldn't say that for sure about CoC after the latest update lol. Lots of discord on that one. They done pulled a GREE this time. The question is will they continue the GREE path or restore some balance? It should be interesting to watch it play out.