PDA

View Full Version : epic boss

wayno
05-07-2015, 05:18 PM
I'm not even going to bother with this epic boss, RIDICULOUS, WASTE OF TIME!

Dipstik
05-07-2015, 05:33 PM
I will.

#smug

Smallestelf
05-07-2015, 05:34 PM
Yeah I actually kinda like it

Mrs Cash
05-07-2015, 05:52 PM
It sucks, and that's as much as I can say without getting completely vulgar.

spiderman
05-07-2015, 05:53 PM
I will.

#smug

Ditto mate. I'm going for finishing the EB goal of 150 kills. Happy gaming mate.

Garland Greene
05-07-2015, 06:36 PM
I like it. I know I likely won't finish the 150 but so what? EB's are a fun event and this adds a whole new twist to it. People gotta stop thinking that they should be able to finish every event that's thrown at them, just do the best you can and have fun.

Weasel
05-07-2015, 06:54 PM
I like it. I know I likely won't finish the 150 but so what? EB's are a fun event and this adds a whole new twist to it. People gotta stop thinking that they should be able to finish every event that's thrown at them, just do the best you can and have fun.

1) This isn't that new. EB was run like this once before. A few small tweaks, but the concept was pretty much there already.

2) Most people don't "think they should be able to finish every event". The fact that this is a free game makes it a reasonable expectation that not every single aspect of it should be locked behind paywalls. In other words, some events, or parts of events, ideally could be completed through participation and perseverance. That keeps people engaged. Fun and well-designed freemium games can find a happy medium between pay to win and free to win. Gree, at times, seems intent on moving as far away from free to win as possible. This is made obvious with moves that change what was once a free to win event into an event where completion is blocked by paywalls, or when they make events that don't have the same rules for everyone.

Garland Greene
05-07-2015, 07:04 PM
The fact that this is a free game

This is not a free game, its a freemium game as you yourself stated. As i'm sure you know every freemium game out there is free to play at first, but you wanna go farther than others you gotta pay. CC isn't even the worst offender...by far. Seems to me their trying to keep the game fun and interesting with the changes they make, not every ones gonna be a home run and as always not everyones gonna like whats going on. So what? They have a company to run, shareholders to awnser to, and a profit to make; it is what it is. You don't like it theres hundreds of other games out there. Go as far as you can in these events that your stats and wallet allow you too and just have fun. People stressing out way too much IMO

Big Earn
05-07-2015, 07:06 PM
I can't defeat Lev 1 boss. He "escapes" in 15 minutes. I don't even have time to regen health in 15min....

I'm Lev 99
53k Attack

I can see making him more difficult... but why make him impossible for lower level players?

Weasel
05-07-2015, 07:08 PM
This is not a free game, its a freemium game as you yourself stated. As i'm sure you know every freemium game out there is free to play at first, but you wanna go farther than others you gotta pay. CC isn't even the worst offender...by far. Seems to me their trying to keep the game fun and interesting with the changes they make, not every ones gonna be a home run and as always not everyones gonna like whats going on. So what? They have a company to run, shareholders to awnser to, and a profit to make; it is what it is. You don't like it theres hundreds of other games out there. Go as far as you can in these events that your stats and wallet allow you too and just have fun. People stressing out way too much IMO

If you can download and play a game for free, it is a free game. It cost you nothing to get it.

Also, *they're.

Garland Greene
05-07-2015, 07:12 PM
You can download ANY freemium game for free. How you obtain it does not define what it is.

Also, that was petty

Dipstik
05-07-2015, 07:15 PM
I'm Lev 99
53k Attack

https://sp.yimg.com/ib/th?id=JN.E9JHsPNeieo7jbS%2fOHPgiw&pid=15.1&P=0

Big Earn
05-07-2015, 07:22 PM
https://sp.yimg.com/ib/th?id=JN.E9JHsPNeieo7jbS%2fOHPgiw&pid=15.1&P=0

Thanks for the relevant reply.

Weasel
05-07-2015, 07:22 PM
You can download ANY freemium game for free. How you obtain it does not define what it is.

Also, that was petty

How you obtain something does not define what it is, but if you obtain something without payment being a requirement it is indeed free.

Garland Greene
05-07-2015, 07:42 PM
Freemium is a pricing strategy by which a product or service (typically a digital offering or application such as software, media, games or web services) is provided free of charge, but money (premium) is charged for proprietary features, functionality, or virtual goods.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freemium

Dipstik
05-07-2015, 07:44 PM
Free to me :)

Weasel
05-07-2015, 07:48 PM
Free to me :)

Me too. I paid nothing and yet I still have this product available to me at no cost. If someone doesn't understand the definition of free, I'm not wasting my time explaining it to them.

Have fun paying for something free, someone I can't name who does not understand the definition of "free".

lewnbec
05-07-2015, 08:06 PM
The point is, ever since this became a Gree game as they bought it from Funzio, it has gone down hill. Understanding that they have a profit to make, they cater to the people that can afford to pay hundreds, if not thousands of dollars a month in gold. Is the game fun? To a point, yes. Is Gree getting out of hand with making the events more difficult? Most definitely. I have people in my syn that have been playing for years that are thinking of quitting because of these crazy events. We as players understand the need to change events up to keep the game fun, but when Gree makes it virtually impossible for the low level and new players to get anywhere, that's a lil too much. If they are going to make tiers, make it based on your stats, not your level. I have one account that is only 147 mil in attack. It's taking more hits for me to finish a level 3 boss than my account that's almost 400 mil. Is that fair or balanced? Doesn't seem like it.

Weasel
05-07-2015, 08:11 PM
I have one account that is only 147 mil in attack. It's taking more hits for me to finish a level 3 boss than my account that's almost 400 mil. Is that fair or balanced? Doesn't seem like it.

You mean a stronger account does more damage than a weaker account? Honestly, that seems like the definition of fair and balanced. If you want your weaker account to do more damage, you need to find a way to grow it into a stronger account. That challenge should be part of the game. If you want to get stronger, you might have to play the game, gain levels, and either acquire items or get cash to buy items. Or just get the free items you get by playing.

Kitty McPurr
05-07-2015, 08:24 PM
GREE bought funzio in 2012...stop using that as your complaint validation. If you don't like the game brought to you by GREE, you should have long since left. It's like complaining about that sock you lost at the laundromat 3 years ago, get over it.

huff-n-puff
05-07-2015, 08:35 PM
I'm glad they're changing it up. Hoodslam has been the main discussion in my syndicate forum for the past few days, wondering what it was gonna be. With 6 accounts toward the end I'm sure I'll be tired of it but for now I think it's cool. I also think this time the daily goals will be achievable for my small team.

Killer p
05-07-2015, 09:14 PM
2) Most people don't "think they should be able to finish every event". The fact that this is a free game makes it a reasonable expectation that not every single aspect of it should be locked behind paywalls. In other words, some events, or parts of events, ideally could be completed through participation and perseverance. That keeps people engaged. Fun and well-designed freemium games can find a happy medium between pay to win and free to win. Gree, at times, seems intent on moving as far away from free to win as possible. This is made obvious with moves that change what was once a free to win event into an event where completion is blocked by paywalls, or when they make events that don't have the same rules for everyone.

i think i see the prob let me get a quote to fix it

If you can't participate it's just another event to ignore, which means you can continue to play as casually as you like. Your rivals list should be full of targets that allow you to engage in PvP and robbing, and there are always map jobs if you feel so inclined to do those.

Jinxybear
05-07-2015, 09:25 PM
As the great economist Karl Marx once said, "There is no such thing as a free lunch."

Weasel
05-07-2015, 09:30 PM
i think i see the prob let me get a quote to fix it

You should have stayed in school. It's not too late though, so there is still hope.

Killer p
05-07-2015, 11:38 PM
You should have stayed in school. It's not too late though, so there is still hope.

Maybe you are still in school, actualy that explains alot!
Also please do not be disrespectful to members or staff, thank you and have a nice day!

Captain Torgue
05-08-2015, 12:21 AM
I'm not even going to bother with this epic boss, RIDICULOUS, WASTE OF TIME!

Good, please don't. The rest of us will just get stronger and stronger and laugh at you.

I bet you don't even lift.

Jeronimo
05-08-2015, 03:13 AM
I can't defeat Lev 1 boss. He "escapes" in 15 minutes. I don't even have time to regen health in 15min....

I'm Lev 99
53k Attack

Lmao, is this a joke? Under what kind of rock do you play? 2012 is calling.

Big Earn
05-08-2015, 07:39 PM
Lmao, is this a joke? Under what kind of rock do you play? 2012 is calling.

LMAO. HAAHAAHA - "2012 is calling". <wipe tears> that is rich. Oh man. And that "under the rock comment".. whew. Priceless. Classic just classic.

Give me a sec to contain myself.

Whelp.. no, not a joke. But would you believe a type-o? Yeah CRAZY huh? Imagine hitting the "k" instead of the "m" - Geeze.. and their not even that close together. That "k" is in the middle row and the "m" is all the way down at the bottom row.

That really was a goof - truly worthy of a "LMAO moment".. I mean come on.. even some of the most basic rewards are worth more than 53 THOUSAND points, throw in the level 99 and... well those dots are just too far apart for the average person to put together and figure out it might be a typo.

"2012 calling", oh man. That is a real humdinger! Well played sir. Well played.

John_Locke
05-09-2015, 12:58 AM
LMAO. HAAHAAHA - "2012 is calling". <wipe tears> that is rich. Oh man. And that "under the rock comment".. whew. Priceless. Classic just classic.

Give me a sec to contain myself.

Whelp.. no, not a joke. But would you believe a type-o? Yeah CRAZY huh? Imagine hitting the "k" instead of the "m" - Geeze.. and their not even that close together. That "k" is in the middle row and the "m" is all the way down at the bottom row.

That really was a goof - truly worthy of a "LMAO moment".. I mean come on.. even some of the most basic rewards are worth more than 53 THOUSAND points, throw in the level 99 and... well those dots are just too far apart for the average person to put together and figure out it might be a typo.

"2012 calling", oh man. That is a real humdinger! Well played sir. Well played.

*slow clap*