PDA

View Full Version : Hoodslam Epic Boss event

Bolt
05-07-2015, 03:57 PM
The Hoodslam Epic Boss event is structured differently than previous Epic Boss events. Rather than fight just one boss, you will face-off against 10 different bosses who get progressively tougher. Here is how it works:

Each Boss is made up of 15 levels
Difficulty ramps up quickly within those 15 levels; the level 15 version of a boss is significantly stronger than the level 1
The next boss starts off at level 1 and is much weaker than the previous boss’s level 15 version
Boss rewards depend on the strength of the boss you are fighting and ramp up through each boss’s 15 levels. For example, a level 15 Manuel Gaviota has a better loot table than a level 1 Boris Sokolov (the boss after Manuel)
The amount of time you have to defeat each boss also scales with the difficulty. You will have much more time to defeat a level 15 boss compared to a level 1 version.
Boss damage ranges from 5% to 25% (how much the boss hits you for). As bosses get stronger and stronger the damage range will get smaller until it caps back to 25% of your health.

This Epic Boss event will last 14 days. Best of luck!

rotmang
05-07-2015, 04:04 PM
Could you gife some more info on the health regen time's,,,,the word is its 12 min but thats not wat i'm getting on my acc,,,i'm on android

Bolt
05-07-2015, 04:09 PM
Could you gife some more info on the health regen time's,,,,the word is its 12 min but thats not wat i'm getting on my acc,,,i'm on android

Boss timers start at 15 minutes for the first few levels and give you more time as the boss gets stronger. At higher levels, they start higher than 15 minutes.

rotmang
05-07-2015, 04:11 PM
I need 25 min before i can att a boss again but i can do 3 hits then???

quityourwhining
05-07-2015, 04:12 PM
It starts at 15 minutes for the first few levels and gives you more time as the boss gets stronger. At higher levels, they start higher than 15 minutes.

i think he was referring to the rate at which your health regenerates and not the amount of time given to defeat a boss. also, could you explain why there were stamina refills in the last set of bundle packs. are these going to be used for an upcoming event?

Dklv
05-07-2015, 04:15 PM
My loot table did not change till lvl 28 boss.

rotmang
05-07-2015, 04:19 PM
i think he was referring to the rate at which your health regenerates and not the amount of time given to defeat a boss. also, could you explain why there were stamina refills in the last set of bundle packs. are these going to be used for an upcoming event?

Yep thats wat i wanted to know,,,,,

Dklv
05-07-2015, 04:21 PM
Also could you address the fact that some hits take 10% of your health bar while others take 25%.

Stubby1113
05-07-2015, 04:22 PM
Regen time is the same as always but you get more hits per health bar than before

deennrap
05-07-2015, 04:25 PM
thinking about quitting

Bolt
05-07-2015, 04:26 PM

Sorry, I didn't answer clearly. I was referring to the boss timer and not health regen. Regen rates should be the same as always. That said, the boss timer goes above 1 hour depending on the boss and much higher later.

Jcw9811
05-07-2015, 04:29 PM
Regen times are not the same as always. U can get between 6 and 8 hits per full bar, don't know exactly because haven't had to do more than 4 hits so far, and each time u hit it takes a different amount of energy away. What is the point of this change? EB was one of the funest events, why change it?

tygrhobbes
05-07-2015, 04:36 PM
What is the point of this change? EB was one of the funest events, why change it?

Because Gree is trying to challenge the people at the top, the top 100. The only ones that matter to Gree

Jcw9811
05-07-2015, 04:43 PM
Because Gree is trying to challenge the people at the top, the top 100. The only ones that matter to Gree

Then add a legendary goal set for the top teams and make it stupidly hard, but don't make the level 1 boss have 400+ mil health so anyone that has a new account is screwed and anyone that has not spent a mortgage on this game will struggle hard.

MK Loves You
05-07-2015, 04:46 PM
Then add a legendary goal set for the top teams and make it stupidly hard, but don't make the level 1 boss have 400+ mil health so anyone that has a new account is screwed and anyone that has not spent a mortgage on this game will struggle hard.

Now why would they do that when they can do this and anger a bunch of people? It's more fun reading angry posts.

Jcw9811
05-07-2015, 04:49 PM
Now why would they do that when they can do this and anger a bunch of people? It's more fun reading angry posts.

I would agree with u, but GREE doesn't listen to us

KingOW
05-07-2015, 04:55 PM
Sorry, I didn't answer clearly. I was referring to the boss timer and not health regen. Regen rates should be the same as always. That said, the boss timer goes above 1 hour depending on the boss and much higher later.

The regen rates may not have changed, but the amount of health lost has changed. On boss #7 I didn't kill it with 1 free hit, and only lost 10-15% of my health instead of the usual 25%.

Can you please provide us with some information regarding this. We can't play a "strategy" game if we don't know the rules. :-)

Jcw9811
05-07-2015, 04:56 PM
But that is too easy if they tell us everything. Said no player ever

Weasel
05-07-2015, 05:08 PM
The regen rates may not have changed, but the amount of health lost has changed. On boss #7 I didn't kill it with 1 free hit, and only lost 10-15% of my health instead of the usual 25%.

Can you please provide us with some information regarding this. We can't play a "strategy" game if we don't know the rules. :-)

Figuring out the rules by trial and error, and eventually gold use, IS the strategy... Gree's business strategy.

Don't let the game play you.

Bolt
05-07-2015, 05:32 PM

Thank you for asking, I have updated the original post to include info on boss damage.

wibble4321
05-07-2015, 05:54 PM
A bit confused, I was in the process of hitting the boss. My health went to zero (fell down). Waited for the regen, went back to hit the boss and the boss health was back to 100% as if I'd never hit it.

surfinguy369
05-07-2015, 06:18 PM
Do you guys at Gree think anyone wants to do an epic boss event that is 14 days long? This is the definition of insanity!

Dipstik
05-07-2015, 06:21 PM
You should let the people at Webster know. I think there's a mistake in their book.

Isaiah09
05-07-2015, 06:30 PM
This is very stupid, I am not using any gold on this event and I am never spending any more money on this game. This pissed me off instead of having fun playing the game now.

Dipstik
05-07-2015, 06:39 PM
Wow... I just don't understand what it is that pushes some people over the edge so easily.

Isaiah09
05-07-2015, 06:46 PM
Well I can't do this event without using gold that's all. So much for a fun game

bevsxrs
05-07-2015, 06:49 PM
This is very stupid, I am not using any gold on this event and I am never spending any more money on this game. This pissed me off instead of having fun playing the game now.

Hmmm, this will get ya noticed and change nothing. Seriously?

Big Earn
05-07-2015, 06:51 PM
Hey all,

I'm not getting this Epic Boss thing.. at all.
I'm Lev 99
Attack 53k
Def 69k
I don't buy gold

I can not defeat even the Lev 1 boss. I can get him down to about 25% health before I "die"... but then he "escapes" in 15 minutes. I can't even regen any health within 15 min...
I can understand making him more difficult to defeat... but what is the point of making it impossible for non-gold players? So far we have not had anyone in my mafia be able to get past Lev 1 (in fairness not 100% of us have responded.. but 100% of those who have replied are experiencing the same thing - about 8 players so far).

Reading though this thread
wibble4321 Wrote: "A bit confused, I was in the process of hitting the boss. My health went to zero (fell down). Waited for the regen, went back to hit the boss and the boss health was back to 100% as if I'd never hit it."

How are you regenerating health (takes 25 minutes minimum) when the Boss escapes in 15?

LeatherKicks
05-07-2015, 06:51 PM
I have 12 accounts. 4 in a top 50. This being fun for these accounts, while my fresh accounts continue to suffer. I suggest reintroducing some form of tiers or you will push away all new customers and even some well established mini accounts that are pushing 1 billion attack or more. While this gives top teams an advantage to catch up from the overly easy Esteban epic boss, not everyone took advantage of this event due to limited timing. So to be fair I think next one should take into consideration everyone playing.

Rudd
05-07-2015, 07:07 PM
Hey all,

I'm Lev 99
Attack 53k
Def 69k
I don't buy gold

53k? Is that even possible?

Isaiah09
05-07-2015, 07:12 PM
Hmmm, this will get ya noticed and change nothing. Seriously?

Thanks for letting me know, that is just how I feel that's all

Jcw9811
05-07-2015, 07:29 PM
Hey all,

I'm Lev 99
Attack 53k
Def 69k
I don't buy gold

I can not defeat even the Lev 1 boss. I can get him down to about 25% health before I "die"... but then he "escapes" in 15 minutes. I can't even regen any health within 15 min...
I can understand making him more difficult to defeat... but what is the point of making it impossible for non-gold players? So far we have not had anyone in my mafia be able to get past Lev 1 (in fairness not 100% of us have responded.. but 100% of those who have replied are experiencing the same thing - about 8 players so far).

Reading though this thread
wibble4321 Wrote: "A bit confused, I was in the process of hitting the boss. My health went to zero (fell down). Waited for the regen, went back to hit the boss and the boss health was back to 100% as if I'd never hit it."

How are you regenerating health (takes 25 minutes minimum) when the Boss escapes in 15?

You seriously need to find a syn and restart since that account is pretty much worthless. Sorry for being blunt. U can get those stats in one item. What have u been doing for 99 levels?

Big Earn
05-07-2015, 07:30 PM

Yes! It is possible. You would be amazed what is possible when you don't play video game all day.. but back to the topic of the thread.

What is the point of the epic boss thing if its impossible for lower level players?

Jcw9811
05-07-2015, 07:33 PM
Yes! It is possible. You would be amazed what is possible when you don't play video game all day.. but back to the topic of the thread.

What is the point of the epic boss thing if its impossible for lower level players?

You don't need to play all day to get stats better than that literally u have to do like 5 levels of the ltq to get those stats

Big Earn
05-07-2015, 07:35 PM
You seriously need to find a syn and restart since that account is pretty much worthless. Sorry for being blunt. U can get those stats in one item. What have u been doing for 99 levels?

Thanks for the feedback. Think you can offer anything in regards to the topic? I rob players every day with lower stats.. but again this isn't a discussion about "how super kewl are your stats"...

Big Earn
05-07-2015, 07:38 PM
You don't need to play all day to get stats better than that literally u have to do like 5 levels of the ltq to get those stats

Ok, again thanks for the tips on stats. Actually being sincere I'm a very casual player and haven't completed 5 levels (or even 2) of ltq.

EDIT*** Sry.. LTQ (Limited Time Quest) - thought you were talking about building out the limited buildings.. Yeah I participate in those all the time. - I'm currently trying to complete lev 15 of the Fair View Station Elite right now.

But again, can we get back on topic?

Jcw9811
05-07-2015, 07:40 PM
Ok, again thanks for the tips on stats. Actually being sincere I'm a very casual player and haven't completed 5 levels (or even 2) of ltq - but I will start doing that. Thanks

You are coming to the wrong place if u actually want answers from someone that works for GREE at best they will give u a generic crap answer. Sorry to say that they don't care about u. They only care about the players that line their pockets by buying gold, but if I were u I would not. I have never bought gold before

Jcw9811
05-07-2015, 07:45 PM
If u r on level 15 of the current ltq then u have higher stats than 53k.

quityourwhining
05-07-2015, 07:47 PM

i think he must be on iOS cause they display stats with a 'k'. it's probably 53m. i can't imagine someone having only 53,000 atk at that lvl with a still active account. he could do just one event and get better stats than that

Weasel
05-07-2015, 07:52 PM
Ok, again thanks for the tips on stats. Actually being sincere I'm a very casual player and haven't completed 5 levels (or even 2) of ltq.

EDIT*** Sry.. LTQ (Limited Time Quest) - thought you were talking about building out the limited buildings.. Yeah I participate in those all the time. - I'm currently trying to complete lev 15 of the Fair View Station Elite right now.

Add more mafia members to your account. It sounds like you're not using all the items you have. Henchmen are the best, but you can add real player accounts if you want. Up to 500 of them, and each one can use one item from each category.

Jcw9811
05-07-2015, 07:54 PM
Add more mafia members to your account. It sounds like you're not using all the items you have. Henchmen are the best, but you can add real player accounts if you want. Up to 500 of them, and each one can use one item from each category.

Even if he only has one mafia member he would have higher stats than that

Big Earn
05-07-2015, 07:58 PM
thanks for the reply.

Yeah I know Gree is about making money, and there is nothing wrong with that - and I know it's a "freemium" game.. but they get paid from non-gold players with their in game ads that pop up. So it's not like non-gold players are not generating revenue for them.
Gold players arguably get better buildings and weapons - so there is a bit of a trade off. Pay for gold and get better stats faster - or don't - and grind and generate ad revenue in exchange for playing the game. I'm good with that.
I'm not getting why they would make this Epic Boss totally impossible to beat for lower level players.. there is no point, it frustrates the lower level players (which there are a lot more non-gold low level players than high level "gold" players)..

Like I mentioned, I play CC pretty casually. I travel out of the country for months at a time and don't play then I come back and play all day long... I started this game back in the fall of 2012 - made an account here in May 2013.. so that is 2 1/2 years. I rarely post and have never "complained" on the forums. But this is a bit much.

Big Earn
05-07-2015, 07:59 PM
i think he must be on iOS cause they display stats with a 'k'. it's probably 53m. i can't imagine someone having only 53,000 atk at that lvl with a still active account. he could do just one event and get better stats than that

LOL! YES it's 53 MILLION. SRY.

Jcw9811
05-07-2015, 08:02 PM
thanks for the reply.

Yeah I know Gree is about making money, and there is nothing wrong with that - and I know it's a "freemium" game.. but they get paid from non-gold players with their in game ads that pop up. So it's not like non-gold players are not generating revenue for them.
Gold players arguably get better buildings and weapons - so there is a bit of a trade off. Pay for gold and get better stats faster - or don't - and grind and generate ad revenue in exchange for playing the game. I'm good with that.
I'm not getting why they would make this Epic Boss totally impossible to beat for lower level players.. there is no point, it frustrates the lower level players (which there are a lot more non-gold low level players than high level "gold" players)..

Like I mentioned, I play CC pretty casually. I travel out of the country for months at a time and don't play then I come back and play all day long... I started this game back in the fall of 2012 - made an account here in May 2013.. so that is 2 1/2 years. I rarely post and have never "complained" on the forums. But this is a bit much.

There are actually no ads in the game unless you actually trigger them under the buy gold tab

Big Earn
05-07-2015, 08:08 PM
There are actually no ads in the game unless you actually trigger them under the buy gold tab

Right - and I do. But I also get small "slider" ads that display from time to time (lower left hand corner). But, again even if we just counted the 100's of video ads I have watched over the years for a couple gold.. the point is, Gree is still generating money from non-gold players - why make an event that is impossible even get past the first level for lower level players?

We keep drifting off the point. Lets say I start a brand new account right now and spend $99.00 on gold. I STILL wouldn't have the stats to defeat this Epic Boss.

Jcw9811
05-07-2015, 08:15 PM
Right - and I do. But I also get small "slider" ads that display from time to time (lower left hand corner). But, again even if we just counted the 100's of video ads I have watched over the years for a couple gold.. the point is, Gree is still generating money from non-gold players - why make an event that is impossible even get past the first level for lower level players?

We keep drifting off the point. Lets say I start a brand new account right now and spend $99.00 on gold. I STILL wouldn't have the stats to defeat this Epic Boss.

I totally agree and said the same thing about 30 posts ago

Weasel
05-07-2015, 08:16 PM

Right, but you shouldn't and you shouldn't feel entitled to that either.

If you went out and bought a glove and bat, should you then be selected as the newest addition to the roster of the New York Yankees? No, you should then join the little league, practice, and improve over time while keeping the goal of making the big leagues in focus.

Dipstik
05-07-2015, 08:23 PM
Burn!

#smug

Big Earn
05-07-2015, 08:25 PM
Right, but you shouldn't and you shouldn't feel entitled to that either.

If you went out and bought a glove and bat, should you then be selected as the newest addition to the roster of the New York Yankees? No, you should then join the little league, practice, and improve over time while keeping the goal of making the big leagues in focus.

Not sure if "entitled" is the right word.

Using your analogy: "No, you should then join the little league, practice, and improve over time while keeping the goal of making the big leagues" Well it's not much fun playing in little league when Gree brings out Clayton Kershaw as the pitcher... in fact it would make it impossible to get a hit... so again, why would Gree make an event that is IMPOSSIBLE for lower level players? I'm not even suggesting completing the Boss event... I can't even defeat the first level. What is the point?

Weasel
05-07-2015, 08:29 PM
It's not impossible for lower level players. I have a level 60-something account that's already fighting Boris Sokolov (the second boss). I know that account won't even come close to being able to fight the stronger bosses, but putting it against the stronger bosses would be like holding a boxing match between Mike Tyson and a toddler. When I get that far it means one thing: I'm out of my league and have some work to do before I can hope to be successful in that league.

Edit: Or I can pay Mr. Tyson several hundred gold bars to throw the fight.

Evan1000
05-07-2015, 08:33 PM
@Big Earn. This EB really is insane for low stat players. All we could really say is try building up your account again by competing in all events as far as you can and join a more competitive syndicate.

If you want to join a T500, pm me or find me on line @Evan1000

Big Earn
05-07-2015, 08:41 PM
Edit: @Weasel

Sigh.. Either you are not reading my posts or you are just a shill for Gree.

Again, we have established my account has 53 million attack (certainly not a super strong player - but not completely useless). I can not defeat the 1st lev boss, he escapes in 15 min.

I came here to see if I was doing something wrong, missing some strategy, or if there was any logic behind why they would make an event that is impossible for lower level players...

I'm not even understanding the relevance of your last post about fighting stronger level bosses as you progress... as my post are trying to convey that..there is no progression. I've been playing off and on for 2 1/2 years. This Epic Boss fight is not even remotely close to any previous one.

Dipstik
05-07-2015, 08:44 PM
Actually you said 53 THOUSAND which is why we've all been so confused. 53m is still terrible, but not completely unbelievable.

Big Earn
05-07-2015, 08:48 PM
Actually you said 53 THOUSAND which is why we've all been so confused. 53m is still terrible, but not completely unbelievable.

Yes you are right. It was a typo. After much discussion, we identified the erroneous "k" and declared it a mistake a few post back. thank you for your diligence and inspirational comment. I will strive to increase my stats daily and try to keep you in the loop... one day I hope to impress you with my mighty stats.. until then I humbly remain a "terrible" player. I'm very sorry.

Weasel
05-07-2015, 08:53 PM
Edit: @Weasel

Sigh.. Either you are not reading my posts or you are just a shill for Gree.

Again, we have established my account has 53 million attack (certainly not a super strong player - but not completely useless). I can not defeat the 1st lev boss, he escapes in 15 min.

I came here to see if I was doing something wrong, missing some strategy, or if there was any logic behind why they would make an event that is impossible for lower level players...

I'm not even understanding the relevance of your last post about fighting stronger level bosses as you progress... as my post are trying to convey that..there is no progression. I've been playing off and on for 2 1/2 years. This Epic Boss fight is not even remotely close to any previous one.

Sorry to be brutally honest, but with your stats, you are doing something wrong. If you are too weak to participate in this Epic Boss event, what you are doing wrong is not acquiring enough stats. Another possibility is you do not have enough mafia members to use the items you have acquired, which presents a much easier, cheaper, and faster solution than the problem of not having enough strength in your item inventory.

Don't feel too badly about that though. For the time being, the only real purpose of stats is to be able to fight Epic and Raid Bosses, which award more stats, so you can fight more bosses, to earn more stats, etc.

If you can't participate it's just another event to ignore, which means you can continue to play as casually as you like. Your rivals list should be full of targets that allow you to engage in PvP and robbing, and there are always map jobs if you feel so inclined to do those.

PrHarry
05-07-2015, 08:59 PM
To answer big earn:

Try hitting the boss, wait 2 minutes then hit it an additional 1 time to your total. Use cash hits only

Big Earn
05-07-2015, 09:08 PM
@PrHarry

Cool - Thank you for that!

Kitty McPurr
05-07-2015, 09:19 PM
The real question we should all be asking is whether we can repeatedly kill boss #151? It is important to many syndicates wanting to gain maximum individual gaols while still completing most or all syndicate goals.

Big Earn
05-07-2015, 09:30 PM
Sorry to be brutally honest, but with your stats, you are doing something wrong. If you are too weak to participate in this Epic Boss event, what you are doing wrong is not acquiring enough stats.

LOL - Insightful. Thank you. I will acquire more stats immediately!

Not sure why we don't seem to be following the same sheet of music here. Clearly the overall "take away" of my message isn't getting though.

Let me reframe the discussion topic for a moment if I might..
Let's get beyond my poor, miserable, sucky, crappy, {insert your own disparaging adjective here} stats... certainly other players have lower stats than I do (I rob them every day).

So why would Gree suddenly create an Epic Boss event that is impossible for these players (the "low level" players I have constantly been referencing)... again, not suggesting completing the event.. it's impossible to even complete a single level. It doesn't seem to make any sense. Gree certainly has never had events in the past that low level players couldn't at least play. This one..they can't play at all. It seems odd.. like it's a mistake or something.

Weasel
05-07-2015, 09:41 PM
When business is involved, a majority of questions, yours included, can be answerd in a single word.

Why? Money.

Big Earn
05-07-2015, 09:57 PM
When business is involved, a majority of questions, yours included, can be answerd in a single word.

Why? Money.

Ok. Let's explore that. Certainly there are "gold paying players" who have just started or are relatively new.. some of these paying players will still have low stats (below 50 million) - this Epic Boss (Level 1) would still be impossible for them.
If I'm paying to play a game - and it's impossible. I'm going to stop paying.

Beyond that, I would venture to guess that there are more non-paying players than paying players - but they STILL generate revenue for Gree via ad views. If the shift here is to make it impossible for them to play events..and become stronger so they can compete even more... well that is going to drive people away... thus further diminishing revenue.

So this doesn't even make business sense.

Dipstik
05-07-2015, 10:16 PM
Wait you're saying you've played for over two years and you've spent money to get 53m Attack? Did you really buy the henchmen?

Weasel
05-07-2015, 10:20 PM
Wait you're saying you've played for over two years and you've spent money to get 53m Attack? Did you really buy the henchmen?

http://reactiongifs.me/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/vladimir-putin-laughing.gif

Big Earn
05-07-2015, 10:39 PM

No. No, that is not what I said at all... how did you..? never mind.

Jason_Bourne
05-07-2015, 11:35 PM
Boss damage ranges from 5% to 25%. As bosses get stronger and stronger the damage range will get smaller until it caps back to 25% of your health.

@Bolt: I don't understand this statement. Can you rephrase or explain please?

Max Power
05-08-2015, 06:53 AM
Well I can't do this event without using gold that's all. So much for a fun game

Every event takes gold to finish. Why is this one the straw that broke the camel's back?

I have 12 accounts. 4 in a top 50. This being fun for these accounts, while my fresh accounts continue to suffer. I suggest reintroducing some form of tiers or you will push away all new customers and even some well established mini accounts that are pushing 1 billion attack or more. While this gives top teams an advantage to catch up from the overly easy Esteban epic boss, not everyone took advantage of this event due to limited timing. So to be fair I think next one should take into consideration everyone playing.

12 accounts? LOL. I think we need an intervention here.

LOL - Insightful. Thank you. I will acquire more stats immediately!

Not sure why we don't seem to be following the same sheet of music here. Clearly the overall "take away" of my message isn't getting though.

Everybody gets what you are saying, they are not stupid. It's just another Gree event that isn't for everybody. At 53m, you are like me, a guy that won't spend money or waste countless hours staring at a device. With this game, that puts you in a category where not everything in play is for you.

And the suggestion that Weasel is a shill for Gree is one of the funniest things I have read here in a while. So, to summarize:

1. Learn to read your stats
2. Learn to use timers to fight bosses
3. Learn the players on the forum before calling them shills
4. Congrats on a balanced life....seriously. This is just a dumb game.

bevsxrs
05-08-2015, 07:04 AM
Every event takes gold to finish. Why is this one the straw that broke the camel's back?

Everybody gets what you are saying, they are not stupid. It's just another Gree event that isn't for everybody. At 53m, you are like me, a guy that won't spend money or waste countless hours staring at a device. With this game, that puts you in a category where not everything in play is for you.

And the suggestion that Weasel is a shill for Gree is one of the funniest things I have read here in a while. So, to summarize:

^ all this sums things up pretty nicely, imo

lewnbec
05-08-2015, 10:22 AM

I beg to differ. My syndicate has finished every EB prior to this, completed every SA, and gotten into top 150 of wars without using gold. Gold is not required to play the game by any means. But believe what just about everyone is saying is that if you want to be able to compete in this game and not be robbed by people that have stats twice, sometimes three times as high as yours is that you have to buy gold. If this isn't a gold based game, then why does Gree offer the bonus gold program. They are literally rewarding those players that have unlimited money by giving them free bars to buy weapons, finish events faster to farm, and get ltb's. Those of us with bills and lives can't afford to keep up with these players. Gree really needs to rethink this game and come up with a balanced event for all. Give the higher level prizes to the lower accounts, make boss health easier for them, something to balance it out. This is getting completely crazy. I have seen players that are at level 60 with 2 bil in attack stats. Either they are spending gold or are in a syndicate that does.

Max Power
05-08-2015, 10:59 AM
I beg to differ. My syndicate has finished every EB prior to this, completed every SA, and gotten into top 150 of wars without using gold. Gold is not required to play the game by any means. But believe what just about everyone is saying is that if you want to be able to compete in this game and not be robbed by people that have stats twice, sometimes three times as high as yours is that you have to buy gold. If this isn't a gold based game, then why does Gree offer the bonus gold program. They are literally rewarding those players that have unlimited money by giving them free bars to buy weapons, finish events faster to farm, and get ltb's. Those of us with bills and lives can't afford to keep up with these players. Gree really needs to rethink this game and come up with a balanced event for all. Give the higher level prizes to the lower accounts, make boss health easier for them, something to balance it out. This is getting completely crazy. I have seen players that are at level 60 with 2 bil in attack stats. Either they are spending gold or are in a syndicate that does.

After reading this, I actually have no idea what you beg to differ about. I never said gold was the only requirement to compete, I also mentioned time., if that is where you beg to differ After that, I think you were just kinda rambling on. I am not seeing specifics where you disagree.

Jcw9811
05-08-2015, 11:57 AM
On my main account I will most likely finish EB and have never once bought gold on it. I am a very active player that jumps a lot though. Additionally my syn is also top 150 and has very few gold spenders and the ones that do, don't spend very much. So this EB is defiantly doable, just requires that time be put in to the game, why should a casual player be able to compete with an avid player? Gold spending aside

Blaggard
05-08-2015, 12:48 PM
On my main account I will most likely finish EB and have never once bought gold on it. I am a very active player that jumps a lot though. Additionally my syn is also top 150 and has very few gold spenders and the ones that do, don't spend very much. So this EB is defiantly doable, just requires that time be put in to the game, why should a casual player be able to compete with an avid player? Gold spending aside

Absolutely correct. This benefits the active players as well as the gold spenders.

tygrhobbes
05-08-2015, 03:15 PM
It would be bad business practice to not allow new or low level/stat accounts to participate in an event. Not even being able to kill the very first boss is ridiculous.

The idea is to draw a player in by letting them complete a portion of the event. Get their whistle wet. Get a feeling of accomplishment. Then they might be enticed to spend some money to get a little further. If they feel they are progressing nicely they might even spend more. Voila! You've created a monster.

All you're doing when frustrating a player by shutting them out completely is making them not want to spend any money or just plain quit. You are definitely not going to make any money from the customer that way.

tygrhobbes
05-08-2015, 03:43 PM
Ok. Let's explore that. Certainly there are "gold paying players" who have just started or are relatively new.. some of these paying players will still have low stats (below 50 million) - this Epic Boss (Level 1) would still be impossible for them.

Beyond that, I would venture to guess that there are more non-paying players than paying players - but they STILL generate revenue for Gree via ad views. If the shift here is to make it impossible for them to play events..and become stronger so they can compete even more... well that is going to drive people away... thus further diminishing revenue.

You are correct. This isn't an issue of fairness even though high stat players will say it is. They'd rather have you shut out of an event completely saying it isn't fair that you can complete any portion of it. They are wrong, this is about money. If Gree wants to grow their money spending base, they can't completely shut out new or low stat players that may become those spenders.

Big Earn
05-08-2015, 05:16 PM

Thanks for your reply and summary.

Why is this EB event "the one"? This is the first time I have ever experienced an event that low level player cannot participate in...at all. Can't even get past Lev 1.
This makes this event unprecedented and unique.

Sure there are "Elite Level" LTQ's - but simultaneously there is an LTQ for non-elite players as well. This is different. This EB is a total shutout for lower level player (sub 60 million attack). That is what makes this "the straw that broke the something something..."

This conversation seems to keep drifting to stats, gold, "time put in", or completing the ALL the levels of the Epic Boss - that isn't what this is about at all. This is about why, all of a sudden (never has happened in the past), Gree decided to make an event that lower level players cannot even play (gold player or otherwise). Past EB events were open to all.. sure some players might not get past Lev 8 or 15 or whatever... but everyone could at least make SOME progress..

I'm having trouble getting my head around why this is being defended (regardless of what level your player is or what stats you have). It seems that the only people saying "what's the big deal"? Are the one's who this doesn't effect - and that is BS. This effects all players. If these type of events become the norm Crime City will turn into a ghost town...(a bit over dramatic but just go with it)..

Everybody gets what you are saying, they are not stupid.

Have you read some of the replies I have gotten? And the fact that you are asking "Why is this one the straw that broke the camel's back?" makes me think otherwise.

**EDIT - After reading my last line.. not calling anyone stupid. Just saying that clearly everyone isn't "getting it".

lewnbec
05-08-2015, 09:04 PM
After reading this, I actually have no idea what you beg to differ about. I never said gold was the only requirement to compete, I also mentioned time., if that is where you beg to differ After that, I think you were just kinda rambling on. I am not seeing specifics where you disagree.

Your very first statement was that every event takes gold to finish.

therealbengie
05-09-2015, 05:53 AM
I would just like to officially call BS on a team of free players and a small number of light gold users being top150, virtually impossible.

to even break top150 last war you would need a full syn and an average score of 31K points, at an average of 400 points per hit(which is higher than I would expect) that would require around 78 wins without hitting any walls at all let alone losses.

Big Earn
05-09-2015, 07:34 AM
I would just like to officially call BS on a team of free players and a small number of light gold users being top150, virtually impossible.

to even break top150 last war you would need a full syn and an average score of 31K points, at an average of 400 points per hit(which is higher than I would expect) that would require around 78 wins without hitting any walls at all let alone losses.

While you may very well have a valid argument... did you mean to make it here? This thread is regarding the Epic Boss event (in theory anyway). Did you intend this for the "feedback" thread?

Jcw9811
05-09-2015, 09:34 AM

to even break top150 last war you would need a full syn and an average score of 31K points, at an average of 400 points per hit(which is higher than I would expect) that would require around 78 wins without hitting any walls at all let alone
losses.

78 wins is not hard in a battle, I get 90-110 every time gold free and go ahead and not believe me. Y would I make that up? Sorry I actually have an active team and yours is a bunch of misfits

Winnson
05-09-2015, 01:07 PM
I think I understand the mechanics of this Epic Boss event now. Thank you all for your contributions.

As a strategy, I am going to tap 'cash hit' until the boss goes down.

I hope it works!

Winnson
05-09-2015, 01:17 PM
And I'll try to 'finish' a boss before the syndicate goal comes up, so bosses are easier when the syndicate goal starts.

T minus 43 minutes until syndicate goal starts.

At that time, the 'cash tap' boss takedown strategy will go into full effect.

Mrs Cash
05-09-2015, 01:19 PM
It would be bad business practice to not allow new or low level/stat accounts to participate in an event. Not even being able to kill the very first boss is ridiculous.

The idea is to draw a player in by letting them complete a portion of the event. Get their whistle wet. Get a feeling of accomplishment. Then they might be enticed to spend some money to get a little further. If they feel they are progressing nicely they might even spend more. Voila! You've created a monster.

All you're doing when frustrating a player by shutting them out completely is making them not want to spend any money or just plain quit. You are definitely not going to make any money from the customer that way.

Well said!

Winnson
05-09-2015, 01:21 PM
They're trying to balance for the last time, where every Tom, Richard and Harry caught up with everyone that had been playing for years over a weekend.

You take the good with the bad boys. It's nice to see a bit of balance for us old timers.

Big Earn
05-10-2015, 10:49 AM
They're trying to balance for the last time, where every Tom, Richard and Harry caught up with everyone that had been playing for years over a weekend.

You take the good with the bad boys. It's nice to see a bit of balance for us old timers.

The logic or lack of it on this forum is astounding.

If you are comparing the EB event (was it 2 EB events ago?) where the boss was ridiculously easy and was dumping high stat rewards... and you concluded that lower level players "caught up with everyone"... and now you think this new EB event is "balanced" because it out right excludes lower level players?

Let me break this down for you (sorry to make this so elementary but in light of the replies and comments, clearly people are either not thinking before they post or they just can't)

2 non-gold players:
One a low level player
One is a high level player

Both compete in the EB event (the one with high stat rewards)

Both players complete the EB event - and gain 1 Brazillon attack and 1 Brazillion defence

No one "caught up" - the difference between their ORIGINAL stats (what they each started with) remains the same. Thus the high level player is still a high level player.
This is simply stat inflation - nothing changed between the two players

A rising tide lifts all boats.

THIS EB event is entirely different.

Take the exact same example with our 2 players.

Now ONLY the high level player is gaining rewards - the low level player cannot even complete Lev 1..thus getting 0 reward.

How is this "balanced"?

**Quick edit **
Couple things to avoid needless replies like:
"LMAO - Brazillion isn't even a number" <------Yes I know. It's a funny/place holder number to indicate a random "high number" of your choice.

And/or something along the lines of:
"Dat EB in April wad da werst bekaus...." <---- right, right..super stuff you have to say about it I'm sure... I'm not defending it - just pointing out it equally benefited all players who participated.

Dipstik
05-10-2015, 11:48 AM
I wonder if all of those people who complain about how newbies get ripped into so bad around here are reading big earn's posts...

cooch
05-10-2015, 12:57 PM
I wonder if all of those people who complain about how newbies get ripped into so bad around here are reading big earn's posts...

Don't mistake a new player from a player who's been around and isn't doing well in game. Because you have. Anyone been on since 2013 and a casual player flipping out about new EB format is not a newbie

You make that mistake often with a broad sweep/swat.

Dipstik
05-10-2015, 01:40 PM
Newbie is the only word I could use in that context that I can guarantee is approved by the powers that be. It's plastered right under his name on every post, after all.

Jcw9811
05-10-2015, 05:13 PM
Newbie is the only word I could use in that context that I can guarantee is approved by the powers that be. It's plastered right under his name on every post, after all.

I mean I'm still considered a newbie here, but that's just cause I never post. I have been playing 4 years now and am considered the person who knows the most on my team.

Dat Guy
05-10-2015, 05:24 PM
2 non-gold players:
One a low level player
One is a high level player

Both compete in the EB event (the one with high stat rewards)

Both players complete the EB event - and gain 1 Brazillon attack and 1 Brazillion defence

Unfortunately you are completely wrong. You see the high level players could not COMPLETE the event without spending massive amounts of gold because it was ridiculously hard for vets and stupid easy for new players. We did not all gain a Brazillion anything. Only the new accounts gained a Brazillion in stats.
Some new accounts were able to kill the level 100 boss with only a single hit over and over again. In some cases hundreds of times gaining a bare minimum of 100K (that means thousand, not millions) in attack and defense each time they killed a level 100 boss.
I on the other hand took 38 money hits to kill a single level 100 boss.

Now Big Earn, please explain to me how that lifted all boats equally?

Big Earn
05-10-2015, 06:16 PM
Unfortunately you are completely wrong. You see the high level players could not COMPLETE the event without spending massive amounts of gold because it was ridiculously hard for vets and stupid easy for new players. We did not all gain a Brazillion anything. Only the new accounts gained a Brazillion in stats.
Some new accounts were able to kill the level 100 boss with only a single hit over and over again. In some cases hundreds of times gaining a bare minimum of 100K (that means thousand, not millions) in attack and defense each time they killed a level 100 boss.
I on the other hand took 38 money hits to kill a single level 100 boss.

Now Big Earn, please explain to me how that lifted all boats equally?

Hey Dat Guy!!
That was an awesome, concise and well written explanation... that makes total sense. I wasn't aware that high level players were struggling in that event.
Thank you for outlining that. Why would they make this EB last for 2 weeks then? (this question doesn't really matter.. it's more of a thought that just popped in my mind).

And thanks to everyone else who replied to my question - you guys really made the last few days fly by.

Jcw9811
05-11-2015, 04:34 PM
They made it 14 days because they greatly increased the difficultly, boss times (level 118 boss is 12 hours), and raised the kills needed to finish by 50

Big Earn
05-11-2015, 09:25 PM

LOL - well "Supreme Scholar" is plastered under your name... so, ya know... I'd question the accuracy of these labels.

Dipstik
05-11-2015, 09:51 PM
That sounds a bit like trolling... Or at least insulting another user.

*munches popcorn*

Big Earn
05-11-2015, 10:44 PM
That sounds a bit like trolling... Or at least insulting another user.

*munches popcorn*

No need to be insulted... just pointing out these "labels" might not hold a much weight as some put into them.

Many apologies if you are a published philosopher, scientist or even a Doctoral Candidate...etc It certainly would be a treat to run into someone like that on the Crime City forum.

lewnbec
05-12-2015, 04:08 AM

I think everyone is forgetting that most new players that come into this game can't summon eb until they get to level 10. Unless they have bought high stat items with real cash, their stats are nowhere near strong enough to get halfway thru, let alone finish. My accounts range from 200 to 570 mil. All are struggling with this boss because of the huge stat increase. While they may be trying to make up for the last eb, non of this discussion would be happening if they hadn't royaly screwed up most every event since Gree took over the game from Funzio. Before then, all events were balanced for all players, there was no events catered to certain levels, the game was fun. Gree changing one event started a snowball effect where they had to change every other event to try and correct their past mistakes.

Max Power
05-12-2015, 06:16 AM
I think everyone is forgetting that most new players that come into this game can't summon eb until they get to level 10. Unless they have bought high stat items with real cash, their stats are nowhere near strong enough to get halfway thru, let alone finish. My accounts range from 200 to 570 mil. All are struggling with this boss because of the huge stat increase. While they may be trying to make up for the last eb, non of this discussion would be happening if they hadn't royaly screwed up most every event since Gree took over the game from Funzio. Before then, all events were balanced for all players, there was no events catered to certain levels, the game was fun. Gree changing one event started a snowball effect where they had to change every other event to try and correct their past mistakes.

Fair point, but we must always remember, Gree doesn't design events for fun, they design them to generate revenue, and I have a feeling Gree is gathering far more revenue than Funzio ever did.

jfgarzon
05-12-2015, 07:13 AM
Anyone on lvl 151 yet? How many hits does it take and what attack do you have?

Jcw9811
05-12-2015, 07:28 AM
Anyone on lvl 151 yet? How many hits does it take and what attack do you have?

I know the level 150 boss has 35.33 bil health and I assume that the legendary goal bosses have the same health

ghetto69143
05-12-2015, 09:28 AM
Thanks for your reply and summary.

Why is this EB event "the one"? This is the first time I have ever experienced an event that low level player cannot participate in...at all. Can't even get past Lev 1.
This makes this event unprecedented and unique.

Sure there are "Elite Level" LTQ's - but simultaneously there is an LTQ for non-elite players as well. This is different. This EB is a total shutout for lower level player (sub 60 million attack). That is what makes this "the straw that broke the something something..."

This conversation seems to keep drifting to stats, gold, "time put in", or completing the ALL the levels of the Epic Boss - that isn't what this is about at all. This is about why, all of a sudden (never has happened in the past), Gree decided to make an event that lower level players cannot even play (gold player or otherwise). Past EB events were open to all.. sure some players might not get past Lev 8 or 15 or whatever... but everyone could at least make SOME progress..

I'm having trouble getting my head around why this is being defended (regardless of what level your player is or what stats you have). It seems that the only people saying "what's the big deal"? Are the one's who this doesn't effect - and that is BS. This effects all players. If these type of events become the norm Crime City will turn into a ghost town...(a bit over dramatic but just go with it)..

Have you read some of the replies I have gotten? And the fact that you are asking "Why is this one the straw that broke the camel's back?" makes me think otherwise.

**EDIT - After reading my last line.. not calling anyone stupid. Just saying that clearly everyone isn't "getting it".

Big,
With this ne EB format ,in my opinion, is what is leveling the playing field. In a sense, anyways. I am closing in on level 200 and I'm moderatley having fun going through these bosses. See gree messed up with those stat inflated bosses. The big box event too. This gave the newer players a chance to catch higher stats. Now, 100m attack is the new low. Or something close to that effect. This new EB event allows the older players to compete with eb as opposed to being to being punished. Give it one cycle and see if Gree evens it out.. Vets were trying to figure our how come newest players can kill over 500 level 100s, whatever the EB name was, with 1 hit, and vets had to use gold to drop 1 level 100. I have players in my syn, one high, one low, they show how lopsided that eb cycle was… if vets have stuck it out this long, its only right that new players should give it a cycle or two.

I'm not a vet, nor am I new. Buy gold, don't buy gold. I'm just very active. As well as the leader of a t300 syn

Big Earn
05-12-2015, 09:35 AM

I agree with your assessment.

Just in my opinion - to your point of low level players not being able to finish EB events (the past events..not talking about this current one). I think that is OK. Ramping up the difficulty level according to stats, EB Lev 1 has low hit point and it scales up to EB Lev 100 with ridiculously high hit points (maybe even gold would be required to complete the last 2 levels or something unless you are a REALLY high level player)... this would allow ALL players to participate and gain rewards that are commensurate with the individual players Lev and Stats. But it needs to be consistent - they can't keep radically changing the algorithm. A low level player might only get to EB Lev 12 or something.. but the next month, when they are stronger, they might make it to Lev 17...etc Same with Med Lev and Higher Level players. It gives everyone a sense of accomplishment and progression.

I'd love to be privy to the conversations that led to that EB event in April where someone suggested "let mix it up and dump crazy high stat rewards for the low level players ONLY"... and now they have to "correct" their stupid mistake and with another mistake for this EB. By drastically changing up these EB events Gree has successfully alienated and upset EVERYONE.

This event could have been set up where the ramp up was steep enough where the lower level player (even with high stats for their level) kind of maxed out about Lev 40ish.. all the rewards up to say Lev 45 were "normal"... but from Lev 45+ the reward dumps were crazy high (like the April event)... that way, the High Lev player got their "payback" and the low levels could still play.

Big Earn
05-12-2015, 09:57 AM
Big,
With this ne EB format ,in my opinion, is what is leveling the playing field. In a sense, anyways. I am closing in on level 200 and I'm moderatley having fun going through these bosses. See gree messed up with those stat inflated bosses. The big box event too. This gave the newer players a chance to catch higher stats. Now, 100m attack is the new low. Or something close to that effect. This new EB event allows the older players to compete with eb as opposed to being to being punished. Give it one cycle and see if Gree evens it out.. Vets were trying to figure our how come newest players can kill over 500 level 100s, whatever the EB name was, with 1 hit, and vets had to use gold to drop 1 level 100. I have players in my syn, one high, one low, they show how lopsided that eb cycle was… if vets have stuck it out this long, its only right that new players should give it a cycle or two.

I'm not a vet, nor am I new. Buy gold, don't buy gold. I'm just very active. As well as the leader of a t300 syn

I totally agree with you. A few post back Dat Guy pointed out how the April EB event shut out the higher level players - I was ignorant to that fact... It never occurred to me that Gree would make an event completely one sided... and then have to make a second one sided event to offset the first... hopefully they get back on track and stop with these crazy "over corrections"..

I'm not even sure how they can truly "fix it". Now that they have introduced a SIGNIFICANT level of stat inflation.. how are brand new players going to compete? It's one thing with day to day play where you rob/get robbed by players at or around your own level.. but now the Battle Events will be forever lopsided. ("forever" until Gree comes up with another brilliant solution hahaha).

On an unrelated note: It's really refreshing to see some of these well thought out and intelligent responses - as opposed to the one off throw away comments that add very little to the discussion. So thank you guys and gals!

lewnbec
05-12-2015, 03:39 PM
Fair point, but we must always remember, Gree doesn't design events for fun, they design them to generate revenue, and I have a feeling Gree is gathering far more revenue than Funzio ever did.

I agree that they are probably making more money than funzio. They are making it to where you have to buy gold if you want to be able to compete. I have players in my syn that have been here playing for years that are having problems with this event. What I don't understand is, if they have done similar events in their other game and they didn't have the desired results, why bring the same thing to another game and cause problems for those players? Most of these players have already seen these events and the problems they cause.

ghetto69143
05-12-2015, 03:49 PM
I totally agree with you. A few post back Dat Guy pointed out how the April EB event shut out the higher level players - I was ignorant to that fact... It never occurred to me that Gree would make an event completely one sided... and then have to make a second one sided event to offset the first... hopefully they get back on track and stop with these crazy "over corrections"..

I'm not even sure how they can truly "fix it". Now that they have introduced a SIGNIFICANT level of stat inflation.. how are brand new players going to compete? It's one thing with day to day play where you rob/get robbed by players at or around your own level.. but now the Battle Events will be forever lopsided. ("forever" until Gree comes up with another brilliant solution hahaha).

On an unrelated note: It's really refreshing to see some of these well thought out and intelligent responses - as opposed to the one off throw away comments that add very little to the discussion. So thank you guys and gals!

As you frequent the forums, you will get an idea of "who" to listen to. As well as who not to. I come in to see where others have gone wrong, new info(very little since a&f days), and just as much as a good laugh.

Post script,
Dippy, just like weasel, tends to be more direct about things. I can't help but laugh where these two are concerned. And I don't mean this negatively. both are on point about how they present something. With Vile, she's kool as(bad word filter cleans this section). Don't chat with them much but I've read quite a bit by them. there are plenty others that I've read of, but I'm gonna go back to my lurking. Have a good one

sharpshooter333
05-12-2015, 04:26 PM
So how successful do u feel ur syndicate will be o getting 10 of the 300 goal?

Jcw9811
05-12-2015, 06:57 PM
So how successful do u feel ur syndicate will be o getting 10 of the 300 goal?

My top 150 syn should finish at least 10 of them. So far all of them have taken less than 12 hours with the exception of Sunday since it was Mother's Day it took 16 hours as people were not as active as normal

LeatherKicks
05-12-2015, 07:40 PM
No need to be insulted... just pointing out these "labels" might not hold a much weight as some put into them.

Many apologies if you are a published philosopher, scientist or even a Doctoral Candidate...etc It certainly would be a treat to run into someone like that on the Crime City forum.

NO one would be a doctor under your rule...

LeatherKicks
05-12-2015, 07:40 PM
This epic boss should not happen again.

Dipstik
05-12-2015, 10:04 PM
You heard him!

sister morphine
05-12-2015, 10:35 PM
This epic boss should not happen again.
There's nothing wrong with the format, but the health needs to be dialled back enough so all players can at least compete.

Dipstik
05-12-2015, 10:48 PM
There's nothing wrong with the health. It's actually pretty easy.

sister morphine
05-12-2015, 11:05 PM
There's nothing wrong with the health. It's actually pretty easy.
Unless you can't beat level 1 without using gold ;)

Pablo Benassi
05-13-2015, 01:45 AM
Please bring back the tiers, with a twist if you want but, bring them back. I know many new players that can't kill boss lvl 1.

Bala82
05-13-2015, 02:12 AM
Please bring back the tiers, with a twist if you want but, bring them back. I know many new players that can't kill boss lvl 1.

That's not our problem finally boss event is fair for everyone regardless of level :cool:

Pablo Benassi
05-13-2015, 03:00 AM
That's not our problem finally boss event is fair for everyone regardless of level :cool:

It's gree problem, of course, if gree wants to exclude a segment of clients, sure.

sister morphine
05-13-2015, 03:06 AM
It's far from fair to knowingly (dumb beyond belief) or unknowingly (another in a too long line of stupid planning decisions since syndicates started) exclude a portion of your clientele, especially new ones. What kind of impression does that leave them with?

Bala82
05-13-2015, 03:24 AM
It's far from fair to knowingly (dumb beyond belief) or unknowingly (another in a too long line of stupid planning decisions since syndicates started) exclude a portion of your clientele, especially new ones. What kind of impression does that leave them with?

I been here long enough and you really can't win either way . Personally i feel boss event should never been tiered it should be fixed no matter what level you are.

New player shouldn't be able to take advantage of easy bosses . So many times i come here people were complaining how unfair lower level account could farm bosses and higher level can't. This give balance approach if a low level can't defeat boss 1 now so what it should motivate them get stronger and when next time boss event comes they should try again. That's how the game is suppose to be played.

Dipstik
05-13-2015, 04:58 AM
I can't beat mythical level dungeons in puzzle and dragons on my first day playing either. Play the game and get stronger.

Max Power
05-13-2015, 06:30 AM
I been here long enough and you really can't win either way . Personally i feel boss event should never been tiered it should be fixed no matter what level you are.

New player shouldn't be able to take advantage of easy bosses . So many times i come here people were complaining how unfair lower level account could farm bosses and higher level can't. This give balance approach if a low level can't defeat boss 1 now so what it should motivate them get stronger and when next time boss event comes they should try again. That's how the game is suppose to be played.

I am level 250 and I can't get past level 6 in Tier 1, so quit pretending is it only minis and noobs that can't play this event. That is fine if Gree wants to play it that way, I will just ignore this event in the future, but I think you need a little more data before preaching what is fair and what is not.

Dipstik
05-13-2015, 06:36 AM
Well to be fair, you've often stated that you forgo pretty much any attempt to boost your stats and have just been focusing on IPH for the last couple years, max.

aarondavidsdad
05-13-2015, 06:52 AM
With the recent changes a lot of the fun has been taken out of the game. This epic boss event is much more like working a job than having a good time playing a video game. I am a light gold buyer/spender and am strongly considering finding a new game to spend my entertainment dollars on. I fully expect this to get flamed by the professional posters on here so have at it boys.

Dipstik
05-13-2015, 06:56 AM
With the recent changes a lot of the fun has been taken out of the game. This epic boss event is much more like working a job than having a good time playing a video game. I am a light gold buyer/spender and am strongly considering finding a new game to spend my entertainment dollars on. I fully expect this to get flamed by the professional posters on here so have at it boys.

Trolling: "The act of making inflammatory comments in an online community, chat room, forum, or blog with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or otherwise disrupting normal, on-topic discussion."

Ninja☆Smoke
05-13-2015, 07:02 AM
I definitely agree with the older accounts, for years we have grind for our stats and iph. In a span of a few months fairly new low account, Could move into your neighborhood with similar stats and iph. Gree has given you all stats in weeks that we dreamed of 2 years ago. Older accounts were punished during Epic bosses, now the tables are turned. Epic is just one part of the game.

Vile Lynn
05-13-2015, 07:06 AM
The EB event has always been job-like, especially for mini's that feel they have to finish or they'll die without more pixels.

I'm enjoying the time off. :)

Max Power
05-13-2015, 08:06 AM
Well to be fair, you've often stated that you forgo pretty much any attempt to boost your stats and have just been focusing on IPH for the last couple years, max.

More accurately, I have stated that I have quit spending and don't belong to a syndicate. I still do all the non-syndicate events like the LTQs and Epic bosses, which is how I knew how far I could get in this event. I also think there are a lot of old timers with stats like mine.

Point being, Bala really has no idea who is effected by this. It's not just minis.

Evan1000
05-13-2015, 09:03 AM
I don't agree with the absolutely insane health, but I agree this is the way events should be played. Can't finish? Get stronger. Older accounts that can't attempt to complete didn't take advantage of the inflation like they should have by being active during the past Raid Boss's and case events and whatnot.

What I also don't agree with is the frequency of their upping the health. They're raising the health much faster than our stats are growing, so it has become an endless loop of gold spending to finish each event when it should be getting progressively easier.

Max Power
05-13-2015, 10:12 AM
I don't agree with the absolutely insane health, but I agree this is the way events should be played. Can't finish? Get stronger. Older accounts that can't attempt to complete didn't take advantage of the inflation like they should have by being active during the past Raid Boss's and case events and whatnot.

What I also don't agree with is the frequency of their upping the health. They're raising the health much faster than our stats are growing, so it has become an endless loop of gold spending to finish each event when it should be getting progressively easier.

Well, by your logic, get stronger.

is1j
05-13-2015, 10:29 AM

Your suggestion would only make sense if the stats required to complete the events were rising slower than the average stats. Lately this has not been the case. Thus lower level account have no chance of doing anything meaningful in this game ever unless they spend a ton of cash on gold or are in the top 50 syndicate where they get stat boost on the coattails of big gold spenders.

Bala82
05-13-2015, 10:29 AM
More accurately, I have stated that I have quit spending and don't belong to a syndicate. I still do all the non-syndicate events like the LTQs and Epic bosses, which is how I knew how far I could get in this event. I also think there are a lot of old timers with stats like mine.

Point being, Bala really has no idea who is effected by this. It's not just minis.

ok fair enough but that was your choice not to belong to a syndicate. if you made a decision which put you at a disadvantage that's your choice. you can't complain.

Evan1000
05-13-2015, 10:53 AM
Your suggestion would only make sense if the stats required to complete the events were rising slower than the average stats. Lately this has not been the case.

I have to disagree with this. Have you not seen the L150 health?

Dipstik
05-13-2015, 11:10 AM
I hear you have over 24 hours to complete that.

sir don john
05-13-2015, 11:38 AM
my 20m mini can not kill level 1
my 200m min get to boss 10

how can I get them stronger like this
hit wait 2 min 7 more hit

Evan1000
05-13-2015, 11:50 AM
I hear you have over 24 hours to complete that.

It's just for show. If you need the 24 hours to kill the L150 you ain't getting up to it because that means your attack isn't very high and you wouldn't have made it past the lower levels where you only have 15 minutes to complete for some.

sister morphine
05-13-2015, 12:27 PM
I have to disagree with this. Have you not seen the L150 health?
On my current cash hit strength it'll take around 28 hits I think. More a question of getting there before time runs short. For now I keep fingers crossed that gold buying won't be necessary.

Evan1000
05-13-2015, 12:46 PM
On my current cash hit strength it'll take around 28 hits I think. More a question of getting there before time runs short. For now I keep fingers crossed that gold buying won't be necessary.

Same here. I also want to attempt legendary, lol. Don't know if that will be gold free though

Nighteg
05-13-2015, 01:51 PM
I think the first bosses need to be easier and more attainable to low lvl/atk people. The high lvl bosses seem pretty fair to me.
But whatever you do, DO NOT bring back those idiotic lvl tiers.

Max Power
05-13-2015, 01:59 PM
ok fair enough but that was your choice not to belong to a syndicate. if you made a decision which put you at a disadvantage that's your choice. you can't complain.

I didn't complain. I don't give two dookies if they make these events so difficult that I can't get anywhere, and I have been clear in stating that. I was merely pointing out that you were wrong in asserting that in only effects new players.

Go back and read it again.

Junke
05-13-2015, 04:12 PM
There has to be an issue with eb. I could barely beat a lvl 1 boss and my attack is 145 mil. 2 months ago at 7 mil i could easily get to lvl 100. Whats the deal?

Dipstik
05-13-2015, 05:01 PM
There has to be an issue with eb. I could barely beat a lvl 1 boss and my attack is 145 mil. 2 months ago at 7 mil i could easily get to lvl 100. Whats the deal?

Two months ago the boss was stupid easy for low levels. They fixed it.

sister morphine
05-13-2015, 10:48 PM
Two months ago the boss was stupid easy for low levels. They fixed it.
Fixing it = good

Fixing it so players like junke can barely get past level 1 = dumb

What next; raising the minimum on raid boss so those same players couldn't beat a level 5 without gold?

Dipstik
05-13-2015, 11:11 PM
There's got to be a line somewhere. You've got to accept the premise that some people aren't going to be able to beat a boss without gold. They've probably got a team of their best men (chuckle) working on calculating that sweet spot that generates the most revenue for them, and that's the only issue that matters.

I just think that if the forum is going to be flooded with a bunch for people with status under 200m complaining about how hard the boss is, I'll continue to point out that I'm probably going to finish for free, and I'm by no means a strong player despite the 2.5 years I've been playing. The boss isn't even that tough... they're just still spoiled by the freebies they've been given up until now.

Bala82
05-13-2015, 11:56 PM
Same here dipstik my attack is only 450M i am already on boss 45 :)

Jcw9811
05-14-2015, 07:06 AM
There's got to be a line somewhere. You've got to accept the premise that some people aren't going to be able to beat a boss without gold. They've probably got a team of their best men (chuckle) working on calculating that sweet spot that generates the most revenue for them, and that's the only issue that matters.

I just think that if the forum is going to be flooded with a bunch for people with status under 200m complaining about how hard the boss is, I'll continue to point out that I'm probably going to finish for free, and I'm by no means a strong player
despite the 2.5 years I've been playing. The boss isn't even that tough... they're just still spoiled by the freebies they've been given up until now.

Very well said dipstick. I'm in the same boat as u. Haters are always going to hate. It's the same thing with every video game. Do u expect to be able to kill the final boss in a video game without spending hours and hours training and leveling up no, so y should it be any different in CC. They have just been spoiled for the past 2 years of EB

Vile Lynn
05-14-2015, 08:10 AM
I FA hit the boss. My health bar goes down; Boss: no change, no numbers pop up.
I hit the boss, 2nd & 3rd times: my health goes down for each FA; Boss still same & no numbers pop up again.
4th FA hit: my health goes down again; Boss goes down a little bit finally, numbers pop up finally but it looks like a Free hit.
5th & 6th FA hits: finishes off my bar; Boss goes down twice, numbers look like a FA hit (about 2x free hit).

FA1=0
FA2=0
FA3=0
FA4=207...
FA5=409...
FA6=409...

Has anybody else noticed this?

Weird. I'm not sure if it's a glitch or a display error, but it doesn't seem intentional.

sister morphine
05-14-2015, 08:33 AM

I just think that if the forum is going to be flooded with a bunch for people with status under 200m complaining about how hard the boss is, I'll continue to point out that I'm probably going to finish for free, and I'm by no means a strong player despite the 2.5 years I've been playing. The boss isn't even that tough... they're just still spoiled by the freebies they've been given up until now.
Agreed. It's just where the line is drawn that matters. Back in the day when it was kill 50 to win I could get to around 30 to 35 bosses down and fair enough. The cost of going further was not for me. But requiring payment before level 10 sends out the wrong signals on every level. For those players who've been around a long time and have made their choices on playing style, no excuses but new players are another matter. I'm glad they can't shoot through to 100 without a care, but being able to go some way is not unreasonable.

Bala82
05-14-2015, 08:45 AM
I hit the boss, 2nd & 3rd times: my health goes down for each FA; Boss still same & no numbers pop up again.
4th FA hit: my health goes down again; Boss goes down a little bit finally, numbers pop up finally but it looks like a Free hit.
5th & 6th FA hits: finishes off my bar; Boss goes down twice, numbers look like a FA hit (about 2x free hit).

FA1=0
FA2=0
FA3=0
FA4=207...
FA5=409...
FA6=409...

Weird. I'm not sure if it's a glitch or a display error, but it doesn't seem intentional.

That has happened to me so many times i thought it was bug on my device since i play on wi-fi

Dipstik
05-14-2015, 08:50 AM
It's a display glitch. The boss health bar is not displaying the total health as a percentage, it's displaying a fixed amount of health. If the health of the boss is over a certain amount (about 3.5 hits for me), the extra health is not displayed. Once you hit the boss down to a certain level you'll see the bar drop. Imagine the bar just keeps on growing longer as the health goes up, but the screen only shows part of it.

You ARE doing damage.

Vile Lynn
05-14-2015, 09:05 AM
It's a display glitch. The boss health bar is not displaying the total health as a percentage, it's displaying a fixed amount of health. If the health of the boss is over a certain amount (about 3.5 hits for me), the extra health is not displayed. Once you hit the boss down to a certain level you'll see the bar drop. Imagine the bar just keeps on growing longer as the health goes up, but the screen only shows part of it.

You ARE doing damage.

I get what you mean. For ex, if the boss health bar only shows [100] but boss health is actually [150]: the 50 is past the visual bar of 100, causing the display error. We cannot see the boss health diminish until we get lower than 100.

That's what I thought, too, until I noticed the damage numbers were not popping up. And, when the numbers did pop up, the numbers were not consistent.

I'm not too worried about it since there is nothing I can do but keep hitting until I can't kill anymore bosses. I just thought it was weird & wondered if it was me or GREE.

Nighteg
05-14-2015, 09:51 AM

FA1=0
FA2=0
FA3=0
FA4=207...
FA5=409...
FA6=409...

Have you updated your game in Google Store? It has been fixed with the new update.

Vile Lynn
05-14-2015, 10:07 AM
Have you updated your game in Google Store? It has been fixed with the new update.

Yes, I have the newest CC iOS/Apple update.

I updated a couple days ago to make sure my older accts on older devices were playable on the newer devices. Happy to report all went well! *phew!*

Side note: the "Next Goal" button works great! I wish GREE would fix it in MW now.

fan139
05-14-2015, 10:33 AM
I think the first bosses need to be easier and more attainable to low lvl/atk people. The high lvl bosses seem pretty fair to me.
But whatever you do, DO NOT bring back those idiotic lvl tiers.

Totally agree with this.

New players will quit right away as they cant complete anything.

Or Gree need to add an easy teir and make it more like an individual raid boss

Dipstik
05-14-2015, 10:39 AM
An exponential rather than straight line growth curve would solve all of the complaints from people who complain about not being able to finish five bosses. My guess is that that wouldn't shut them up, though. Anything less than an "easy mode" with the same prizes like we had before will result in the same number of complaints.

fan139
05-14-2015, 12:18 PM
An exponential rather than straight line growth curve would solve all of the complaints from people who complain about not being able to finish five bosses. My guess is that that wouldn't shut them up, though. Anything less than an "easy mode" with the same prizes like we had before will result in the same number of complaints.

Maybe lower stat prizes?

If you were to start this game today do a job as you probally would, summon mr epic boss lvl 1 and not be able to even knock down half his health you'd probally think screw this ill go find another game.

Max Power
05-14-2015, 01:11 PM
Actually, I am seeing as many people complaining about the complainers than actual complainers....LOL! Doesn't matter how easy or hard it is, or what prize is offered, somebody will complain about something. Add a "Collect All" button after months of asking, half the people complain that it actually "collects all", if it were changed to only collecting buildings that aren't raided, half the people will complain about that as well. People even complain about the size of the button.

When it gets down to people holding a magnifying glass over a building and noticing that a word is spelled wrong, you have to know that pretty much no stone will go unturned in the complaint department.

I love tacos
05-14-2015, 05:04 PM
This event should've came with a 40% off sale.

Bala82
05-14-2015, 11:29 PM
This event should've came with a 40% off sale.

Agreed but it probably be 20% NOT 40% that only happens on MW

SollyLlama
05-20-2015, 02:55 PM
Hey all,

I'm Lev 99
Attack 53k
Def 69k
I don't buy gold

I can not defeat even the Lev 1 boss.

That's because your stats blow, and Gree is now requiring you to actually be a marginally decent player to get phat loot.

SollyLlama
05-20-2015, 03:04 PM
Gree certainly has never had events in the past that low level players couldn't at least play. This one..they can't play at all. It seems odd.. like it's a mistake or something.

There are numerous events low-stat players can't play.

This EB event - for example -required you to be level 10 or above.

You got to level 99 and have 53m. I maintain that you've been playing the game "incorrectly," and strongly suggest you start over and play it right.

This game penalizes you for gaining xp. Playing it Right means that you keep your xp to a minimum. I can go into greater detail, but taking that one tidbit will get you far.

Jcw9811
05-20-2015, 03:22 PM
There are numerous events low-stat players can't play.

This EB event - for example -required you to be level 10 or above.

You got to level 99 and have 53m. I maintain that you've been playing the game "incorrectly," and strongly suggest you start over and play it right.

This game penalizes you for gaining xp. Playing it Right means that you keep your xp to a minimum. I can go into greater detail, but taking that one tidbit will get you far.

Minimizing xp doesn't really matter anymore now that they got rid of the EB tiers. Only event that matters now is battle and the point difference is minimal. Last battle I scored only 1k more ip with my level 60 account than my level 254 account.

SollyLlama
05-20-2015, 04:03 PM
Minimizing xp doesn't really matter anymore now that they got rid of the EB tiers. Only event that matters now is battle and the point difference is minimal. Last battle I scored only 1k more ip with my level 60 account than my level 254 account.

If you don't keep your xp to a minimum, the availability of decent targets during war diminishes.

Yes, a level 60 can earn the IP of a 254, but a level 60 that shoots to that level quickly won't have the targets or IP potential of a level 60 that achieves that level at a more conservative pace.

Oh_TheHorror
05-20-2015, 05:40 PM
This change is just stupid. Was anyone complaining before about fighting the same boss? I don't ever remember anyone on here saying, "I sure wish the boss changed after every 15 kills." There was nothing wrong with the Epic Boss event. This was just GREE's way of making it harder just because they can. It's jus another example of how clueless they are. They intentionally ruin their own events. I've never seen anything like it.

Dipstik
05-20-2015, 05:46 PM
It's a different event. Don't play it if you don't like it. Standard bosses will be back.

Ive never seen complaining like this game gets...

Oh_TheHorror
05-20-2015, 06:00 PM
You must be new here. There are a lot of complaints on here because a lot of people are unhappy with the game. If you can't understand that, maybe you shouldn't come on here.

MK Loves You
05-20-2015, 06:19 PM
Apparently the majority want the same monotonous gameplay forever. Kudos to GREE developers for trying to change up stuff by adding new features. They are trying to evolve the game. They have to otherwise people will get bored of the same thing again and again and eventually quit. Instead of condemning a new feature from the get go try it out first, and if you don't like it let them know with constructive feedback and ideas. When there is countless upon countless people throwing 5 year old hissy fits the minute something's released without trying the new feature is generally going to make people not take you serious. A lot (and I mean A LOT) of you say (or imply) that you're civilized grown adults but then turn around and act very childish. It's ridiculous.

MK Loves You
05-20-2015, 06:25 PM
Now if you don't mind Spongebob is on.

Dipstik
05-20-2015, 06:31 PM
Change is bad. Can we go back to farming job loot again?

Jcw9811
05-21-2015, 05:14 AM
If you don't keep your xp to a minimum, the availability of decent targets during war diminishes.

Yes, a level 60 can earn the IP of a 254, but a level 60 that shoots to that level quickly won't have the targets or IP potential of a level 60 that achieves that level at a more conservative pace.

My level 60 can beat a level 200+ in 90% of our battles. We are top 150 tho so that helps. Now if I was top 50 I bet I wouldn't have many targets.

Jcw9811
05-21-2015, 05:18 AM
You must be new here. There are a lot of complaints on here because a lot of people are unhappy with the game. If you can't understand that, maybe you shouldn't come on here.

Hehehe. He thinks dipstick is new here, maybe u are the new one here, if u were not then u would realize dipstick is the most vocal person on this forum.

kids
05-21-2015, 07:16 AM
Thanks gree ! Saved alot of money on that new epic boss event
Never missed to get the 100th down since I'm playing..damn it's been the best team event to get all the days 300 done and the hardest hitters get rewarded with the combo boosts for syn and ind mission
No reason to buy refills to get 100 (150) done this time..no chance for my gang to get the syndicates goal done
does any syndicate gets it done ?

Jcw9811
05-21-2015, 07:52 AM
Never missed to get the 100th down since I'm playing..damn it's been the best team event to get all the days 300 done and the hardest hitters get rewarded with the combo boosts for syn and ind mission
No reason to buy refills to get 100 (150) done this time..no chance for my gang to get the syndicates goal done

My top 150 syn finished the first 10 days

Oasis
05-21-2015, 08:05 AM

Our syn just finished 4200 syn bosses over 14 days! nice! 28% car defense increase. Finished legendary goal a couple days ago.

kids
05-21-2015, 08:29 AM
congrats fellas !
sadly my gang been divided by gree last few month into a few competitive accounts and a big bunch of goats.
to high at level to farm loot on the 100th? sort out !
vacation or not willing to spend gold on boxes to get ridiculous gazillion stats items ? sort out !
unable to do enough damage on high lvl raid bosses ? sort out !
we've been top150 team 3 months ago that spend a good amount of real money to gree.
but since game became unpredictable and the gold you spend today is worthless tomorrow (Kingpin and statinflation) most invest it in way better things :

mg74cc
05-22-2015, 03:46 AM
All I can say glad that was over.14 days sheesh.

mg74cc
05-22-2015, 03:49 AM
All I can say glad that was over. 14 days of that sheesh.