PDA

View Full Version : Thread locked

Winnson
05-03-2015, 01:53 PM
In the name of efficiency, how about we lock every thread ever made on this forum, before it's made?

For example, in the future, this thread would already have been locked before it was made, because nobody is allowed to post on these forums.

For the dwindling threads that remain on these forums, how about we go ahead and lock them down right now?

Does that sound like a good idea or what?

Winnson
05-03-2015, 01:54 PM
If your answer was 'no', then you're in the wrong place son.

I love tacos
05-03-2015, 02:07 PM
If you're talking about the thread with the bonus gold it's a program that Gree runs. Send in a ticket asking about it.

As for the mods locking threads that's their way of getting attention. Pathetic!!

Winnson
05-03-2015, 02:14 PM
We freely promote tolerance, understanding, and discussion. As a matter of fact we encourage it!

*thread locked*

Weasel
05-03-2015, 02:37 PM
Like a forum post Minority Report?

Threads will be created and they will inevitably invite comments which may result in eventual infractions. Therefore, thread creation should be eliminated to prevent such eventualities.

I like it.

Evan1000
05-03-2015, 02:51 PM
Another thread about locking threads?

#LOCKED

Seany527
05-03-2015, 04:38 PM
I very rarely comment, but I always get a good chuckle from the mods threatening to lock threads you guys comment on back and forth on. They take this board way too seriously. It's kinda sad, actually. They must know the game is dying a slow death. I wonder if they joke around the office and have bets going. "X amount of days until we are out of a job."

legalious
05-04-2015, 08:57 AM
As for the mods locking threads that's their way of getting attention. Pathetic!!

What purpose would us moderators have in locking threads for attention. Your attempt at defamation goes evaded. We don't desire attention, we just want the same things most people want for the games we do play.

Max Power
05-04-2015, 09:15 AM
What purpose would us moderators have in locking threads for attention. Your attempt at slander goes evaded. We don't desire attention, we just want the same things most people want for the games we do play.

That would be libel, not slander. Just an FYI for future legal action.

Weasel
05-04-2015, 09:44 AM
It is impossible to make a spoken statement in writing, regardless of accuracy. All statements made in writing are written statements.

Edit: Lol. The post to which mine refers was deleted. I would have quoted it but I think that would have been considered naming and shaming.

Winnson
05-04-2015, 11:56 AM
To say the moderation here is heavy handed would be a tremendous understatement.

beartrap
05-04-2015, 12:07 PM
I have been watching from the sidelines and it seems that the moderators are only doing what is needed to. Break the CoC and you will get an array of things (post edit, deleted, warning, infraction, ban).

Moderation has been justified, but some guys seem power hungry (non moderators) to a point where what you say or do holds more weight than someone who holds a greater position in power. Just because you feel high and mighty as a tapper or a regular poster, you still have to follow the rules. For those that continue to get moderated, you might want to rethink how you post and don't just troll for the sake of it.

Threads like this only exist to cause unrest and don't provide actual value to the GAME.

fan139
05-04-2015, 12:26 PM
Threads like this only exist to cause unrest and don't provide actual value to the GAME.

Remove the fun and banter, the fourms will die even more than they already have

Max Power
05-04-2015, 12:56 PM
What purpose would us moderators have in locking threads for attention. Your attempt at defamation goes evaded. We don't desire attention, we just want the same things most people want for the games we do play.

LOL @ your edit reason. Well played.

Dipstik
05-04-2015, 12:59 PM
I have been watching from the sidelines and it seems that the moderators are only doing what is needed to. Break the CoC and you will get an array of things (post edit, deleted, warning, infraction, ban).

Moderation has been justified, but some guys seem power hungry (non moderators) to a point where what you say or do holds more weight than someone who holds a greater position in power. Just because you feel high and mighty as a tapper or a regular poster, you still have to follow the rules. For those that continue to get moderated, you might want to rethink how you post and don't just troll for the sake of it.

You're new here. There used to be lots of conversation here, including arguments, debates, taunting, bragging, etc. People used to enjoy coming here to talk.

Weasel
05-04-2015, 01:33 PM
LOL @ your edit reason. Well played.

Defamation: the action of damaging the good reputation of someone.

What's the term when the person being "defamed", due to their own actions, didn't start with a good reputation?

Max Power
05-04-2015, 01:37 PM
What's the term when the person being "defamed", due to their own actions, didn't start with a good reputation?

This is why we can't have nice things.

Perin
05-04-2015, 02:00 PM
This is why we can't have nice things.

Lol right. Blame Weasel for all infractions and loss of mods!

Red BD
05-04-2015, 02:07 PM
Defamation: the action of damaging the good reputation of someone.

I believe that would be a likely "nonsuit"

Dipstik
05-04-2015, 02:37 PM
I think that was actually a significant issue in the Jesse Ventura defamation lawsuit. He claimed he was defamed by a story about some fight in a bar that he claimed never happened... the other side said that there was no defamation because it wasn't the sort of story that would contradict the reputation Ventura already had.

Perin
05-04-2015, 03:05 PM
I think that was actually a significant issue in the Jesse Ventura defamation lawsuit. He claimed he was defamed by a story about some fight in a bar that he claimed never happened... the other side said that there was no defamation because it wasn't the sort of story that would contradict the reputation Ventura already had.

I remember that

Max Power
05-04-2015, 03:19 PM

Didn't work either. While Jesse is many things, these guys take their reputation as a SEAL very seriously. In some cases, like Jesse's, that's all they have.

Winnson
05-05-2015, 06:31 AM
That was a heck of a tall tale to tell. Poor Jesse was raked over the coals for responding to it.

Any information on the LTQ up now? I'm 8/15. Should I continue?

Dipstik
05-05-2015, 07:08 AM
That was a heck of a tall tale to tell.

I still bet it happened.

Max Power
05-05-2015, 08:00 AM
I still bet it happened.

Hard to say. There were other examples of fiction on the book, it would be really easy to fab this. It was clear he had post traumatic.

Dipstik
05-05-2015, 08:24 AM
I didn't read the book. I just know Ventura's rep. I bet it happened.

Evan1000
05-05-2015, 08:40 AM
That was a heck of a tall tale to tell. Poor Jesse was raked over the coals for responding to it.

Any information on the LTQ up now? I'm 8/15. Should I continue?

Stop doing normal and do elite. You won't finish normal without gold and there are better items on elite mode

Winnson
05-05-2015, 01:38 PM
I still bet it happened.

No it didn't boss. No it didn't.

Think what you want about Jesse, but no way Chris just kind of strolled over and punched him out. No...Freaking...Way.

It is what it is.

Winnson
05-05-2015, 01:39 PM
Stop doing normal and do elite. You won't finish normal without gold and there are better items on elite mode

Thanks buddy.

Dipstik
05-05-2015, 01:44 PM
You're right... Ventura was probably shooting his mouth off first.

MK Loves You
05-05-2015, 06:18 PM
OJ's innocent too!

Captain Torgue
05-05-2015, 07:02 PM
OJ's innocent too!

A jury of his peers acquitted him so yes he is.

Winnson
05-06-2015, 06:05 AM
Not the second time they didn't. I think he got hammered in a civil suit the first time too.

HavingFun
07-22-2015, 04:57 PM
Where did you disappear to?

Winnson
07-25-2015, 08:37 AM
I very rarely comment, but I always get a good chuckle from the mods threatening to lock threads you guys comment on back and forth on. They take this board way too seriously. It's kinda sad, actually. They must know the game is dying a slow death. I wonder if they joke around the office and have bets going. "X amount of days until we are out of a job."

That was pretty prophetic.

TheJess
07-25-2015, 05:11 PM
Nice Necro of yet another pathetic thread whining about locked threads.

Dipstik
07-25-2015, 05:25 PM
Welcome to the club, winnson.

Vile Lynn
07-25-2015, 06:08 PM
3 days is a necro... huh? :confused: WTG Winnson! Woot woot!

namedud
07-25-2015, 08:44 PM

Don't listen to the haters. Thank you for your very productive contributions to this forum. It absolutely wouldn't be the same without you.

crime cow
07-26-2015, 07:03 AM
It absolutely wouldn't be the same without you.

You might be right, but in the interest of science I propose that we test your theory...

Piano30AL
07-26-2015, 05:35 PM
Just follow the rule no one breaks

Winnson
07-27-2015, 08:32 AM

You seem like a very unhappy camper. Try to cheer up man. This is a game forum.

TheJess
07-27-2015, 11:32 AM
You seem like a very unhappy camper. Try to cheer up man. This is a game forum.

It wasn't your Necro, silly person. What makes you think it was you who did the Necro? As far as I see, you only followed up on it after everyone else ignored it for 3 days. LOL. Everyone except a few is getting tired of the whining about the mods locking spammy and abusive threads.