PDA

View Full Version : why cant you just make 2 versions of MW?

Cannot Connect To Server
05-03-2015, 05:18 AM
MW is going to end in June for thousands of players that cant upgrade to 4.xyz

and those that use other platforms and cant link to play.

why cant gree just do the simple thing and have 2 versions of mw?

one for the MILLIONS OF DEVICES that are below v4 and cant go up or be upgraded for whatever reason.

and the other version for all the rich people who can afford to buy and get new devices every few months and keep upgrading as google turns out more sweets and cakes.

both device versions would be more stable imo and wld keep ur customer base.

sounds like a simple enough way to keep and extend customer base. imo.

but of course this is gree land and they have never fixed simple bugs or idsues so i doubt they would even consider the millions of ppl out there whi still want to play but cannot upgrade for whatever reason yet.

Big John
05-03-2015, 05:23 AM
Was thinking that if MW did end would Gree make another war based game.

WBS
05-03-2015, 05:33 AM
And have 2 games full of glitches and problems?

Agent Orange
05-03-2015, 05:46 AM
Because they can't even get one to work perfectly?

Brown Out
05-03-2015, 11:59 AM
Already two versions.
The one most of us play.
And the version you crybabies play and whine about every little thing.

Danger Mouse
05-03-2015, 02:16 PM
Already two versions.
The one most of us play.
And the version you crybabies play and whine about every little thing.

The addiction runs deep in this one. Here's a challenge for you. Name three consecutive events that have gone off without a hitch in the last three years. I don't mean without a hitch just for your own personal account, although that would be hard enough. I mean without any glitches whatsoever for any players.
-
Now, given that they are the exact same events trundled out week after week, doesn't that strike you as appalling?
-
If your answer is no, then ponder this. It's the nature of addiction to come to love the ones that profit peddling you junk.

Cannot Connect To Server
05-03-2015, 05:30 PM
yes i know thrs loads of bugs... but thrs also loads of versions of ios and android so writing to stay compatible is difficult.

look how many versions of aos have been out... dang loads... and the programmers of all apps hv to try make it as compat as possible thus why boom beach etc is v4 up and if gree goes v4 they may stabalise some things...

but course they might not as there are hundreds bugs but hundreds of versions of android too as samsung etv add their own crud.

also.things that work on ur device might not on.others right now like my game i cant visit or raid for months it just closes within seconds.

but by making anw thats under.v4 as those older android are always going to be same now and another MW for 4up shld make things easier for the programners to do.

Danger Mouse
05-03-2015, 06:41 PM
yes i know thrs loads of bugs... but thrs also loads of versions of ios and android so writing to stay compatible is difficult.

look how many versions of aos have been out... dang loads... and the programmers of all apps hv to try make it as compat as possible thus why boom beach etc is v4 up and if gree goes v4 they may stabalise some things...

but course they might not as there are hundreds bugs but hundreds of versions of android too as samsung etv add their own crud.

also.things that work on ur device might not on.others right now like my game i cant visit or raid for months it just closes within seconds.

but by making anw thats under.v4 as those older android are always going to be same now and another MW for 4up shld make things easier for the programners to do.

Yep, but other games pull it off with no dramas.

Why, I hear you ask?

Simple little thing called planning and quality control.

Tinker
05-03-2015, 07:59 PM
Was thinking that if MW did end would Gree make another war based game.

Would anything with the Gree brand be able to sell?
It is so tainted by incompetence and failure now that I don't think anybody would download.
If they did manage to put out a Version 1.0 there would be no reliable upgrades.

good gawd noooo
05-03-2015, 10:52 PM
Would anything with the Gree brand be able to sell?
It is so tainted by incompetence and failure now that I don't think anybody would download.
If they did manage to put out a Version 1.0 there would be no reliable upgrades.

amen to that tinker. this game is addicting is why I still here.. but if I see gree's name on any other ap(even a stupid calculator) and I would pass it up in a second no hesitation.. Gree's name as a game company has been completely ruined for me and for most of the players that have tried mw or cc or there other terribly run games

good gawd noooo
05-04-2015, 01:22 AM
btw in case you don't get the point the earlier poster was making in simple terms.. your not just asking for two versions as to make it compatable for your device they might as well extend it to every single device made that has even slight capacity to run the game... that would mean making it compatable with EVERYTHING would take a ton more programmers time and coders that understand all venues.. not cost affective for any company

Helios Von Elisar
05-04-2015, 04:30 AM
MW isn't ending in June. Perhaps you haven't noticed, the 2.14 billion limitation is gone. Apple isn't booting the game and we will still be here, though some of you will probably adjust your doomsday predictions and start sayin it will end in August or December.

As for 2 versions, it isn't going to happen. It would be a maintenance nightmare. There are 2 versions now, one for iOS and one for android. And as others have pointed out, bugs pop up. It would require more skilled programmers, which seem to be in short supply where Gree is coded. They already hAve an issue with version control, as fixes disappear and old issues are reintroduced. I would push for one good version over two bad ones.

J-manKometh96
05-04-2015, 04:43 AM
Bugs pop up? ROFLMAO! The game is infested!

Speed ump
05-04-2015, 01:14 PM
It's not up to gree to have two versions, this is an apple decsion. Their app must meet the new guidelines to be avaible in the App Store. Questions should be directed to apple, not gree, on this subject.

narsly
05-04-2015, 06:20 PM
It's not up to gree to have two versions, this is an apple decision. Their app must meet the new guidelines to be available in the App Store. Questions should be directed to apple, not gree, on this subject.

BUT..... this is android we are talking about.. NOT IOS... this doesn't need to be forced on Android players... Should it be? Yes.. Does it have to be? NO...

Speed ump
05-04-2015, 09:38 PM
It might have to do with how the client works with the server side, that I do not know enough about to speak. I hadn't thought about them changing the droid version one way or the other. iOS version I get way. Droid, if they do, I can't say, I'm sure there's some more wavy about that who good speak up

groovy shags
05-05-2015, 12:44 AM
It might have to do with how the client works with the server side, that I do not know enough about to speak. I hadn't thought about them changing the droid version one way or the other. iOS version I get way. Droid, if they do, I can't say, I'm sure there's some more wavy about that who good speak up

☝��☝��☝��☝��☝��☝��☝��☝��☝��☝��☝��☝��☝��☝��☝��☝��☝� �☝��☝��☝��☝��☝��☝��☝��☝��☝��☝��☝��☝��☝��☝��☝��☝��☝ ��☝��☝��☝��☝��☝��☝��☝��☝��☝��☝��☝��
It pains my brain to try and break this babbling code of yours! What language is this anyway?

J-manKometh96
05-05-2015, 01:17 AM
Smoke and mirrors, distract away. He can't help himself no matter the threads subject.

Speed ump
05-05-2015, 05:05 AM
Well you guys would know, you're the smoke and mirror experts

Agent Orange
05-05-2015, 08:10 AM
Hmm the thread didn't die yet…

In terms of IOS I think those with older devices are pretty much screwed since Apple would not approve an older version of MW that was not compatible with 64 bit when it rolls out. Now having said that I am not sure why the latest version of MW turfed anyone stuck on IOS 5.x but if you don't upgrade you could play a slight bit longer though perhaps missing some events.

Android seems like a dogs breakfast that's been upchucked across the kitchen floor. Currently the 5.1 app runs pretty good on quad core tablets running 4.4 but sucks on older single core devices. Phones with low internal memory are pretty much done now.

Anyhow back to two versions, the game is basically looking like two parts. The app which appears to do most of the heavy lifting and crashing and the database that get's accessed and tracks stats. Therefore theoretically you could have two apps accessing it but I'm failing to see why. Three years ago I had suggested on this very forum that it would be neat to have a paid version that did not require gold but you paid up front to play and then had to use your smarts to advance. I'm guessing the milking of the customer base was far more important so not sure that bodes well for this two tier idea.

MW, KA and MQ were all based on the same gaming engine. Just warmed over graphics and a few changes as the games evolved. WON was a catastrophe IMHO because new players did not stand a chance against the older established players. At least MW segregates players by level so there isn't a massive blood bath, er well at least not till you hit the highest levels.

Mainly though it has felt that MW has been in maintenance mode for a while now and that events were rolled out without much thought or how they fit into the rest of the game. Why we have the mess we have now. There was no master plan, or whoever was in charge decided that one was not required. Guess what greeius it was needed.

I hate to see the game go down the toilet but seems to me whoever the head monkey is doesn't care to really listen to the customers.

Agent Orange
05-05-2015, 08:15 AM
Maybe he's on speed when he posts.

Perhaps they use this? http://watchout4snakes.com/wo4snakes/Random/RandomSentence

Here's a couple of literary gems it just created,

The adult wood guards an appointed substance and The connector blows the motivating female

But this one is pure greeius!

The ultimate throat communicates a sermon.

Or yuck, Inside the decay cheats a dropping mixture.

Big John
05-05-2015, 08:43 AM
Makes more sense than speed.

legalious
05-05-2015, 08:44 AM
Most games that have 2 versions usually do because:

If the game initially cost money to download and it is changed to Free to download, they cannot go back to costing money. That is when a 2nd version comes out.

The company likes to make expansions to the game and use 2+ apps to do so.

Or they just want to start fresh.

Speed ump
05-05-2015, 09:08 AM
See, it had gotten all nice and quiet, guess you trolls above( sorry orange, you've made the troll list, I know you've been working hard for the honor, congrats) need to hear the sound of your on voices, or at least see your words in black and white. You can't even stand it when someone comments on a subject that dosnt pertain to much of anything. You guys must be really bored these days. That's ok, I'm here to help keep it from getting too boring for you

J-manKometh96
05-05-2015, 10:02 AM
If you could have made a relevant, coherent post to the topic, nobody would have said much.

I Will Merc You
05-05-2015, 10:13 AM
See, it had gotten all nice and quiet, guess you trolls above( sorry orange, you've made the troll list, I know you've been working hard for the honor, congrats) need to hear the sound of your on voices, or at least see your words in black and white. You can't even stand it when someone comments on a subject that dosnt pertain to much of anything. You guys must be really bored these days. That's ok, I'm here to help keep it from getting too boring for you

Speaking of needing to see the black of your own ink.....

Danger Mouse
05-05-2015, 10:46 AM

The irony is strong in this one.

Speed ump
05-06-2015, 11:30 AM
So when are you going to start j man? Yes I have lots of irony mouse, I take daily supplements for it.

WBS
05-06-2015, 07:06 PM

It's like rain on your wedding day, it's like a green light when you are already late, it's a no smoking sign on your cigarette break. Isn't it ironic don't you think?

Cannot Connect To Server
05-09-2015, 02:49 AM
we all know gree messes up.

we all know the games are full of bugs and so on..

the point i was try make is in june gree are updating MW CC so they only work for Android 4.0.3 and above to make it more compatible.

therefore wiping out all the thousands of players and all the MILLIONS of devices that are 4.0.2 and below.

therr are MILLIONS of phones and tablets on lower versions of Android.

for Gree to upgrade for 4+ they are obviousely already working that version...

but this current version still works for ALL VERSIONS...even with the bugs etc it works...

so the point of 2 versions is to just have 2 MW up on goigle play to download.

1 this version for all players below Android 4 which will keep them a customer base for all those millions of devices that cannot be upgraded to 4 for whatever reason.

and another download link on goigle play for the version they are going to release in june.

... thus they have 2 very compatible versions which do not block any players at all.

their programmers already know how this version is... and they will on the other.

the games always had buhs a lot due to the hundreds of versions of Android.

but by keeping a version compatible with below v4 and one above v4 would not be that difficult as below willbe easier to program and abv will need changes as google release higher versions of Android.

one above and one below so gree can maximise its customer base and not block millions of devices.

Cannot Connect To Server
05-09-2015, 02:51 AM
it does not mean 2 different MW games just 2 compatible versions of the same game.

which gree already has!!

this version and the forth coming june update.

so just keep both versions after june and no players or devices gets blocked.

Agent Orange
05-09-2015, 05:52 AM
Or just don't update the app.

There can be few possible pitfalls though, not the least of which is that gree intentionally lock out older versions of the apps. This has happened in the past though it seems they have left older versions of MW 5.0 alone on IOS. But those on older IOS devices did get locked out when upgrading to the current version even though the information posted to the app store indicated it would work!

The orther problem, even though the app might 'run' it may become unstable and blow up constantly. I already saw this on older low spec android phones so the device itself may eventually become the weak link.

Gree themselves stated that one reason linking was introduced was so that players with older operating systems or low spec devices had a way of remaining in the game by linking older accounts to devices that would still work. Which I suspect means if you don't link you stand the real possibility that at some point you will be locked out.

As it is now on IOS anything that cannot run an IOS newer then 5.x is now locked out. Older android phones with only 512mb of system heap either cannot load the app or fail to install updates unless you remove every other app then MW. And other older devices are either so slow that you think they froze or they do freeze or crash.

Basically the game overhead is so bloody bloated that I'm not sure they can successfully make a lite version, granted they seem to experience no end of trouble just making the one version of app actually function and we still have a long list of unresolved issues.

Cannot Connect To Server
05-10-2015, 03:10 AM
oh well its an option they could try... i see it as a better way than just blocking and being lazy they mk.billions about time they spent it on bug fixes and programmers.

i agree the game has hundreds of bugs thats never been fixed and prob wont ever be.

and the game has become such blotware... whats the point even having the game local anymore when its downloading everything over and over and using extreme amounts of data to do everything.

my game turns white a lot on this update and buildings are just white squares

Cannot Connect To Server
05-10-2015, 03:13 AM
i cant edit my post since the forums is forcing me to mobile i cannot scroll down to edit.

anyways hundreds of bugs and issues i doubt they will ever fix them no matter the update...

only things that works fine since v0.01 is the game robs gold when u never pressed the button... thats always worked lol.