PDA

View Full Version : WTF? Why have you removed the mods from streak/total wins battle prizes?

IronM@n
05-01-2015, 07:54 PM
Why? Why? Why?

I'm in a streak team and you have completely killed battle for us. Why should we pour gold on a battle event that has no mods on final prizes? In comparison, one of the loot items from case event is effectively the same stats as the 55 wins prize.

Logic behind the sudden removal of these mods? I'm all ears.

Weasel
05-01-2015, 09:01 PM
To control stat inflation. It looks like modifiers are being changed to non-stat mods, having their values reduced, or in some cases, being phased out.

It also appears that some mods have been made stackable once again, as per this post:

2. I am sorry you do not like our stackable prizes but if we give out huge bonuses during events that can lead to issues with stat inflation. We still have to manage prizes to account for this.

Based on my own observations of some accounts having stats well in excess of 50 Billion, huge mods have already created issues. Issues that have been made worse by accounts being passed/sold from one person to another. This also explains the temp bonuses for top 1 and 2, since accounts playing at that level are the accounts most commonly "recycled".

Captain Torgue
05-01-2015, 11:42 PM
Good riddance I say, about time streak teams ended I say!

Jeronimo
05-02-2015, 02:32 AM
Changes are hard for people with certain conditions.

sister morphine
05-02-2015, 04:27 AM
To control stat inflation. It looks like modifiers are being changed to non-stat mods, having their values reduced, or in some cases, being phased out.

It also appears that some mods have been made stackable once again, as per this post:

Based on my own observations of some accounts having stats well in excess of 50 Billion, huge mods have already created issues. Issues that have been made worse by accounts being passed/sold from one person to another. This also explains the temp bonuses for top 1 and 2, since accounts playing at that level are the accounts most commonly "recycled".
I heard there was much farming going on during the box event where big stat prizes were on offer. It's human nature to exploit such things but it will either lead to much weakening of prizes on offer, much reduced odds on successful openings or eventually Gree will close such events to people who have finished them to prevent this. Or all three.

Dat Guy
05-02-2015, 05:15 AM

Streaking is so 1970's!

Dipstik
05-02-2015, 06:05 AM
we used to go around attacking people and hoping to get armored truck drops because they had 1 defense more than exceleros. kids these days...

fan139
05-02-2015, 06:14 AM
well in excess of 50 Billion

Try 200-300bil +

Ninja☆Smoke
05-02-2015, 06:58 AM
Crime city has basically turned into a collapsed Neutron Star. It's to late to reverse inflation, can't go back 10 or 20k weapons. I miss the lead up to events it was exciting to get that data push. It's hard to enjoy a single event anymore I just hope they work right. Not to long ago, Mods really felt like part of the Crime City Community very informative or would just chat it up with members, instead of cracking down on everyone's opinions. You hated rivals, but the respect was there. Alot more I would like to add, but just repeating what other have said in the recent past. It's frustrating watching a game I love to play, die a slow death.

Dipstik
05-02-2015, 07:52 AM
You hated rivals, but the respect was there.

well except for that one group. You know who I mean. Amirite??

Weasel
05-02-2015, 08:03 AM
Try 200-300bil +

I don't doubt that for a second. I have not personally seen an account that strong, but it's possible the accounts I did see at 50+ billion were outside of a syndicate at the time.

Crime city has basically turned into a collapsed Neutron Star. It's to late to reverse inflation, can't go back 10 or 20k weapons.

It is too late to reverse stat inflation, but when I see the phrase "to control stat inflation" I don't see it as meaning an intention to stop or reverse inflation. I understand it as meaning Gree just wants to be in control of how much and how quickly stats can be earned/bought. They have done a good job of that lately. Still some work to do there, but they are visibly trying. It's not really in their best interest to have accounts become so strong they are nearly untouchable. Accounts in that position can pause spending until people start to catch up, and with some of the mods out there it's not very expensive (in whale terms) to get a quick stat bump and be made in the shade until people again start catching up.

Evan1000
05-02-2015, 08:30 AM
There are people well in the hundreds of billions. Lol. Just a matter of time before the average player has a trillion attack.

HavingFun
05-03-2015, 03:50 PM

Couldn't agree more, Broski.