PDA

View Full Version : Mods - What are they good for? Absolutely nothing???

Sandukan
05-01-2015, 06:42 AM
No not those mods.

Now in the past my playing style was to NEVER use gold for any item that didn't have a mod associated with it. The idea was that items become obsolete but the mods grow with the account.
It has served me well so far.

But after the recent Raid and Epic Boss I am now questioning that logic. When are ATT/DEF mods useful?

1. PvP - We don't really need to fight anyone because that's just added XP for no real advantage unless someone just gets under your skin and you feel compelled to slow tap them for an extended period destroying their newsfeed and leveling them up if they are stronger than you. Outside of that no real need to fight.
2. Rob - I seldom need to rob given most of my 12 hour collections average way over 1 billion CC cheddar. Plus robbing gives unwanted XP.
3. War - I guess the boosted stats gives me more targets in war but even the minis in my syndicate can find targets to at least make minimum. Unless you are in the top 3 syndicate war prizes don't move the needle much anyway. I get a bigger boost for less gold in other events.
4. Bragging rights - Sure. This is a big one. Who doesn't want to show off their big stats off? But where do you show it off except in your syndicate. Your rival list are filled with people of similar stats. Not going to impress them much.

Moded stats are not needed for lockbox events and LTQs. They do not contribute to the damage you inflict on a Raid or Epic boss.
Are they really worth the trouble?

I think my new mantra will be don't use gold on any item that doesn't have a mod that does not result in saving me time or cash.

Dipstik
05-01-2015, 06:42 AM
Well played, sir...

Ninja☆Smoke
05-01-2015, 06:58 AM
Couldn't agree more, spend a Vault on Raid bosses and Lockbox Farming and gain little if any XP. 1 month time you have RAW (Real) Attack of a 10 billion��stat player. Save gold on War for back end of CC calendar with higher ip hits for low level account.

Weasel
05-01-2015, 07:20 AM
I have been saying this about modifiers, and indeed all stats, for quite some time. All the points posted above are quite true and they apply stats in general (not just modifiers), with the exception of the usefulness of raw stats during Epic and Raid boss events.

And while raw stats are useful for those two particular events, the appeal of both of those events has historically been that they allow us to earn more stats.

Not saying I told you so, but welcome to the enlightened side and enjoy your reclaimed entertainment fund.

Nighteg
05-01-2015, 07:55 AM
I've hated atk/def mods before it became mainstream.

kimberleyj
05-03-2015, 03:02 PM
They should bring out regen mods for assult imo.

cooch
05-03-2015, 03:28 PM
If they want robbing and pvp then outside of events subtract xp for wins. Give xp for losses. Heck even in war. Why not? Will increase activity

HavingFun
05-03-2015, 03:45 PM
If they want robbing and pvp then outside of events subtract xp for wins. Give xp for losses. Heck even in war. Why not? Will increase activity

Brilliant idea, Bromo. Just eliminate XP completely. Ya...

Weasel
05-03-2015, 03:58 PM
As soon as they remove level as a factor in scoring Influence Points in the Battle for Empire City event, player level will become as insignificant in special events as it should have always been. Leave XP and leveling up as something to be desired as part of the "classic" game, enabling players to unlock new maps, buildings and store equipment (lol) as they progress, and take level out of special events. Special events not essential to the classic gameplay mechanics should have the same rules for everyone. Including level as a factor will almost always reward or punish either higher or lower levels.

high times
05-03-2015, 04:12 PM
Weasel less common sense pls it's not welcome here.

fan139
05-04-2015, 06:26 AM
I've hated atk/def mods before it became mainstream.

Oh, how indi of you, can i get you a side of skin tight jeans with that?