PDA

View Full Version : New Features for World Domination

Bolt
04-30-2015, 05:30 PM
With this update come two new features for World Domination.

Premium Matches. Premium matches are automatically enabled when a match is particularly closely matched: if factions are very close in rank and power. When that happens a premium match is triggered which lets you gain up to double the points for each attack on an enemy. There is no limit to how may times premium matches may occur. There are three levels within the Premium Match-up: Premium, Epic and Legendary. The closer the factions are, the better the matchup and the more intense the scoring will be.

There are three criteria that need to be met in order for a premium match to trigger:

1. Factions must be close in rank.

2. Each faction must be within 20% of total power (attack + defense) from each other.

3. The number of faction members must be within 25 of each other.

The closer these criteria are between the two factions, the more likely the battle will be an Epic or Legendary match up.

Hotzones. Hotzones are periods of time in a war where a player can gain a defense reduction bonus against opponents. They are triggered by attacking the Command Center. Players will be aware of the hotzones in order to take advantage of them; flames burst in an animation when they are activated. Once activated, they will last for the duration of that battle. Only the player who activates the hotzone can see it and benefit from it.

Stay tuned for more as we approach the next World Domination!

J-manKometh96
04-30-2015, 05:38 PM
Thank you Bolt. I'm sure this will bring up many more questions than answers, but at least people won't be going into this totally blind. It's just a shame so many that asked so long for this type of info have already left the game for good.

DEWIN NUTTIN
04-30-2015, 05:44 PM

Premium Matches. Premium matches are automatically enabled when a match is particularly closely matched: if factions are very close in rank and power. When that happens a premium match is triggered which lets you gain up to double the points for each attack on an enemy. There is no limit to how may times premium matches may occur. There are three levels within the Premium Match-up: Premium, Epic and Legendary. The closer the factions are, the better the matchup and the more intense the scoring will be.

Hotzones. Hotzones are periods of time in a war where a player can gain a defense reduction bonus against opponents. They are triggered by attacking the Command Center. Players will be aware of the hotzones in order to take advantage of them; flames burst in an animation when they are activated. Once activated, they will last for the duration of that battle.

I have to say, you do try to help the players.
Personally, I thank you.
What you're doing is hard for most to accept, just keep doing it.
Eventually, people will catch on, Bolt.
So, thank you for putting forth the effort, and my little crew and I appreciate you.
Thank you.

good gawd noooo
04-30-2015, 06:13 PM
TY bolt .. Hellraiser was a good mod sad he left.. your doing well at trying to help out the community and I notice and appreciate that.. need more like you and or hellraiser.. not sure I spelled his name right but close enough that everyone will know who I mean.. anyway thanks for doing your best

MoM - Krypt
05-01-2015, 12:40 AM
Men of Mayhem Thanks You Bolt for everything you do. Keep up the exceptional work.

MoM - Krypt
05-01-2015, 03:01 AM

Hotzones. Hotzones are periods of time in a war where a player can gain a defense reduction bonus against opponents. They are triggered by attacking the Command Center. Players will be aware of the hotzones in order to take advantage of them; flames burst in an animation when they are activated. Once activated, they will last for the duration of that battle.

:
Bolt if you could get an idea from the Dev's about what rank range we can figure out for Premium, Legendary and Epic battles that'd be awesome. IE: Premium= within 100 ranks, Legendary=within 50 ranks, Epic= within 25 ranks. Hope you get what I mean.

Agent Orange
05-01-2015, 06:59 AM
Thanks Bolt that helps out a lot!

plavine
05-01-2015, 07:37 AM
So basically we are at the mercy of the matchup algorithm whether or not it matches us against a premium opponent or not . Isn't the default programming of the matchup algorithm supposed to match factions of similar strength anyway ??

East Coast Bias
05-01-2015, 08:26 PM
So basically we are at the mercy of the matchup algorithm whether or not it matches us against a premium opponent or not . Isn't the default programming of the matchup algorithm supposed to match factions of similar strength anyway ??

Bolt, I fully agree with the above. Why is this needed if Gree is doing what they are supposed to? Seems like you penalize teams that can't get matched to a close ranking team due to your wonderful matching system. Seriously, who came up with this stupid idea? Other than a few teams, most go for points and rank, not wins. So it doesn't matter who the opponent is, you just try to score. Seems to me that another non player must have come up with this bright idea to make the game worse. Not sure why you don't run these ideas by players who know the game. Can you say STUPID?

Agent Orange
05-01-2015, 08:29 PM

The question maybe, how closely matched is the top team to everyone else.......

bam bam.
05-04-2015, 04:52 AM
This has been brought up a million times but how about fixing all our issues before creating new features that don't work. Just hit up andys list if you want to keep the lights on at GReE gaming

plavine
05-04-2015, 04:46 PM
The question maybe, how closely matched is the top team to everyone else.......

We just finished this feature in KA - we got 5 legendary matchups in 27 battles - however I'm in a top 200 guild where I am the strongest in my guild and can hit almost anyone we get matched against , here in MW my faction is lower ranked and we don't get to see the opponents level like we do in KA & CC ( why is that bye ???) , 3 of our legendary matchups were against teams 1 slot away from us in the standings , but one was a guild that was "taking it easy to stay low in standings and get wins" . They got 200 k on us . One other was against a guild only me and one other player had any targets - 1 was against a mismatched team ( in our favor that we destroyed .

PeterWTF
05-10-2015, 06:55 PM
Why not give out more points on a wall hit? Getting only 40 points per hit drives me nuts. And who hits Command Center anyhow? I won't touch it for a measly 80 points

DEWIN NUTTIN
05-10-2015, 07:07 PM
Why not give out more points on a wall hit? Getting only 40 points per hit drives me nuts. And who hits Command Center anyhow? I won't touch it for a measly 80 points

Let's just say that them little wall bangers have won many WD battles.
After all, points is points!!!

Mila Relyt
05-12-2015, 11:26 AM

Sometimes a similar strength faction will be lower in rank because they're from a time zone that's sleeping or working when the event starts or they're sandbagging to get easier matchups. Sounds like a premium match requires both strength and ranking to be close.

Big John
05-12-2015, 12:29 PM
Anymore updates coming for this WD?

Skulz
05-13-2015, 09:58 AM
Why is it when any body post anything about how or what's going on we always get peeps that still complain

East Coast Bias
05-13-2015, 09:43 PM
Thanks for that one post.

Bolt
05-14-2015, 09:29 AM
Anymore updates coming for this WD?

Nothing new Big John, once it gets started tomorrow let me know how it goes here on the forum, I'll keep a close eye on things.

Big John
05-14-2015, 10:39 AM
Thanks Bolt, I'm sure you will get feedback once it starts.

Yahoo
05-14-2015, 11:13 AM
Most teams require a min of pts for WD. Also many wins show you as active. Going for wall or command center does not register you as active. It might be a good idea to register such hit as a win I think. That would add a personal motivation to do so.

WBS
05-14-2015, 11:30 AM
It would be cool to have a total of what members hit and how many times the attacked wall or DL

Papa_T
05-14-2015, 04:00 PM
Where does one find his or her permanent DERP?

Merc_mw
05-16-2015, 09:07 AM
THe only enemy defense reduction (DERP) so far is 1% if you have finished all maps.

Dockbot is planning ahead

Ozymandias
05-17-2015, 02:03 AM
Nothing new Big John, once it gets started tomorrow let me know how it goes here on the forum, I'll keep a close eye on things.

How's that close eye coming along? Any particular reason why the top 5 teams from last war aren't getting any premium battles still?

Laurence1
05-18-2015, 02:27 AM
Top 100 last WD now 328 full team no premiums etc really !!!!!!!!!! What a load of ..........

Reason hanging on to paks for a match up that is likely never to come

Papa_T
05-18-2015, 08:19 AM
THe only enemy defense reduction (DERP) so far is 1% if you have finished all maps.

Dockbot is planning ahead

i have an Indy bonus of -10% DERP from Defense Down: Japan. Is this not the same?

Mcm2013
05-18-2015, 11:54 AM
1 premium match for us so far, what a lode

& The Horse U Rode In On
05-18-2015, 12:22 PM
Top 100 faction 72 hours and 41 battles into this 'event'.....
1 premium and 1 legendary matchup <5%
Hotzones have been forgotten already. Why spend 2 hits on reducing an enemy's defense ~12% when those same 2 hits can get you 500-600+ points on a lesser target you can easily defeat?

DEWIN NUTTIN
05-19-2015, 08:50 AM
Top 100 faction 72 hours and 41 battles into this 'event'.....
1 premium and 1 legendary matchup <5%
Hotzones have been forgotten already. Why spend 2 hits on reducing an enemy's defense ~12% when those same 2 hits can get you 500-600+ points on a lesser target you can easily defeat?

You are a thinker.
You use common sense and aren't swayed by shiny, jingly things.
Had you been around when that hollowed out horse appeared, you'd have never opened the gates.