PDA

View Full Version : GREE, How Is 1% Mafia Attack Mod Equal To +1 Syn Member Mod? Please Reconsider

SilentAssassin
04-29-2015, 01:51 PM
Instead of our syndicate receiving +1 member upgrade,we were giving 1% mafia attack...
On a scale I would put the two on opposite spectrums...

They do not equal each other at all.

I am sure all the groups who received this prize feel cheated and it's a prime example of a bait and switch with a much lesser value than the original intended prize

The CC Community effected is awaiting your response

Evan1000
04-29-2015, 02:08 PM
Why did you used to receive higher modifiers by ranking in lower individual tiers during war? Why is the T1 prize 5% mafia attack one war and 10% mafia attack for T2 the next?

Why do LTQ's cost a vault to complete and the prizes suck where as you can get items with 3x the stats and much better modifiers for free in other events?

GREE doesn't make much sense, if you haven't noticed already.

I was going to put "enjoy your prize," but I felt like that would've been too sarcastic and a little mean, and I'd feel cheated if I were in your shoes as well.

Weasel
04-29-2015, 02:19 PM
Original value of impossible-to-implement prize: nada.

New value of replacement prize: +1% mafia attack.

I'd say you came out ahead. It's better than the nothing you had originally.

Also, *Affected.

Captain Torgue
04-29-2015, 02:33 PM
Instead of our syndicate receiving +1 member upgrade,we were giving 1% mafia attack...

I am sure all the groups who received this prize feel cheated and it's a prime example of a bait and switch with a much lesser value than the original intended prize

You thought you would be receiving a +1 syndicate member increase? lol

Sleazy_P_Martini
04-29-2015, 08:51 PM
You thought you would be receiving a +1 syndicate member increase? lol

Yeah. This game is being held together by duct tape. +1 syndicate increase woulda broken the code once and for all.

Captain Torgue
04-29-2015, 09:52 PM
Yeah. This game is being held together by duct tape. +1 syndicate increase woulda broken the code once and for all.

Exactly.

When the original +1 building upgrade mod came out they have to run a special script and patch the game to make it work.

I don't see it happening for syndicates. They will most likely just componsate those members with a mafia attack mod like they already have.

TheJess
04-29-2015, 11:53 PM

Is this just whining, or are you truly surprised you did not receive the prize you bought, and which was advertised?

Bad Fish
04-30-2015, 04:33 AM
It is hardly the equivalent but it sounds to me as though they feel it has been resolved. Don't forget to take the survey & rate the service provided to you.

fuzzy
04-30-2015, 09:01 AM
Have you noticed how 3 mods commented and then locked a different thread. But they refuse to respond to you cause u keep tossing money on a broken game and you will continue to toss money on it.

They are your crack pipe.

They have you hooked.

They are now selling you sugar when you want crack and you keep buying it.

Winnson
04-30-2015, 09:55 AM
Confectioner's sugar.

Well put boss!

Bolt
04-30-2015, 11:32 AM
Unfortunately, the +1 to syndicate mod code was not working and a decision had to be made to change it. My apologies for the error, it should not have happened in the first place.

BrisingrBoss
04-30-2015, 12:14 PM
i think they wanted something more valuable than +1% mafia attack as a replacement. maybe a 5% health regen, or a +2 building upgrade, or maybe +50% building output... 5% box time regen decrease.. something else that would be unique and valuable

SilentAssassin
04-30-2015, 12:16 PM
Unfortunately, the +1 to syndicate mod code was not working and a decision had to be made to change it. My apologies for the error, it should not have happened in the first place.

Would you reconsider the mod you chose to swap it out with and give an alternate mod more equivalent to the initial +1 syn prize mod?

SilentAssassin
04-30-2015, 12:17 PM
i think they wanted something more valuable than +1% mafia attack as a replacement. maybe a 5% health regen, or a +2 building upgrade, or maybe +50% building output... 5% box time regen decrease.. something else that would be unique and valuable

Not even that extreme. Just better than 1% mafia attack.
And please GREE not 2% mafia attack ! ��

Evan1000
04-30-2015, 12:25 PM
Not even that extreme. Just better than 1% mafia attack.
And please GREE not 2% mafia attack ! ��

I would just start laughing. Lol. I'm no coder.. trust me on that..but I don't see how adding another syn member would be so difficult. Even if you manually go in and add an extra syn member to each syndicate.. it's only 4. Not like it's 100 syns you'd have to manually do it for

Dipstik
04-30-2015, 01:05 PM
It's more complicated than that, Evan. I haven't written code in years, but my guess is that it would require reworking a lot of the basic code behind syndicate bonuses in order to manually set a value. It would be easy to add another syndicate bonus level allowing everyone to buy up to 61 members for a price, but it would be very difficult to simply go into the code and manually set a particular syndicate's maximum members. These are variables that are set to basically run on user input, not fixed numbers hard-coded by the developers.

It could probably be done, but it would likely result in so many bugs you couldn't possibly predict them. I bet they looked carefully at it before giving up.

Gungho
05-01-2015, 12:40 AM
This goes in the same category as Kingpins... where is our gold for that?

1Shot
05-01-2015, 06:09 AM
This was very wrong to display a reward for something then not get what you paid for. 1% mafia attack is a joke! I'm not even one that would have won this reward, that was just very wrong of Gree to do. This should have been looked at not being possible before being put on there! I can totally see frustration in this...

Sandukan
05-01-2015, 06:18 AM
This was very wrong to display a reward for something then not get what you paid for. 1% mafia attack is a joke! I'm not even one that would have won this reward, that was just very wrong of Gree to do. This should have been looked at not being possible before being put on there! I can totally see frustration in this...

Exactly.
Maybe the development team can revisit the "fix".

1Shot
05-01-2015, 06:20 AM
Exactly.
Maybe the development team can revisit the "fix".

That would be great, but usually when Gree already gives a compensation thats the end.

Captain Torgue
05-01-2015, 11:39 PM

Umm actually you are in SAS 3 so it is in your best interest to take the side of the SAS family in this.

This is exactly the reason why there should not be community moderators since there will obviously be a conflict of interest at some point.

John_Locke
05-02-2015, 05:26 PM
Have you noticed how 3 mods commented and then locked a different thread. But they refuse to respond to you cause u keep tossing money on a broken game and you will continue to toss money on it.

They are your crack pipe.

They have you hooked.

They are now selling you sugar when you want crack and you keep buying it.

That's because they're *forum moderators*, not customer support. How often must this point be made before people get it?

Weasel
05-02-2015, 05:51 PM
That's because they're *forum moderators*, not customer support. How often must this point be made before people get it?

Point is still valid. Mods did not even care to acknowledge the concern and make it known they had seen it and would "pass it on to the team." No doubt they saw the thread, and no doubt it's seen as a non issue for the reasons stated by fuzzy.

1Shot
05-02-2015, 10:35 PM
Sorry I have no idea why gree decided to put temp mods. I think they last until the next war.

kimberleyj
05-03-2015, 03:18 PM
It is called false advertisement which is against the law , In my country the seller would have to sell the product as stated . Seen as gree are not giving the weapon they advertise they really should give some gold back for the trouble or offer out an ip mod. This is why gree should use beta before promising people certain weapons with mods. If this was any other company they would be in big trouble for this.

HavingFun
05-03-2015, 03:49 PM
that was just very wrong of Gree to do

No naming and shaming please
#thread locked

Dipstik
05-03-2015, 05:36 PM
Kimberly: you're buying the gold, not the prize. Read the fine print before you spend your money.

Weasel
05-03-2015, 05:45 PM
If this was any other company they would be in big trouble for this.

Read the Terms of Service. Just by playing the game you agree to the condition that Gree can change whatever they want, whenever they want, however often they want, and without warning. If you do not agree to that, you're supposed to delete the game.

fan139
05-04-2015, 06:22 AM
Read the Terms of Service. Just by playing the game you agree to the condition that Gree can change whatever they want, whenever they want, however often they want, and without warning. If you do not agree to that, you're supposed to delete the game.

Either way im sure if google or apple get a cheeky email about this they may hand out some refunds, I know gree are able to change these factors as they wish but if you feel that cheated just go above their heads and stick up a finger as you do.

Dipstik
05-04-2015, 07:30 AM
Either way im sure if google or apple get a cheeky email about this they may hand out some refunds, I know gree are able to change these factors as they wish but if you feel that cheated just go above their heads and stick up a finger as you do.

Read the TOS and enjoy your lifetime ban...

Killer p
05-04-2015, 09:09 AM
Im sure thats somehow illegal!

fan139
05-04-2015, 09:46 AM
Read the TOS and enjoy your lifetime ban...

No one got banned from Acom refunds, apple and google dont pass on names they just take the value of refunds off other pruchases

Vile Lynn
05-04-2015, 10:28 AM
Shhh on the efundray hatcay.

Dipstik
05-04-2015, 10:32 AM
This is an english-only forum! Also, your pig latin sucks. It would be "atchay"

Vile Lynn
05-04-2015, 10:40 AM
extra lol!