PDA

View Full Version : How to resolve the stat inflation problem

goldacre84
04-29-2015, 09:14 AM
Would it or would it not be a good idea for GREE to not only remove a digit from each and every unit in the game to bring the stats back down but also from everyone's boost totals?!

Currently a player with, for example, an air unit with 10,000,000 attack & a boost of 1,000% on air attack has a unit worth 110,000,000 in battle.

The top units in the game, circa, 200,000,000 attack, when combined with, say, a boost of 3,500% means players have 1 unit worth 7,200,000,000 attack. 7.2T attack from 1 unit. Is it any wonder ppl are struggling to find a target in WD.

Discuss...would removing a digit from both the unit and boost help or wouldn't it make much of a difference? The said unit above would, in this case, become a 20,000,000 attack unit with a boosted value (350%) of (only!) 90,000,000.

Consider that the more high value units someone has, the more exponentially their stats are inflated compared to the next player.

The Dutch Republic
04-29-2015, 12:06 PM
Good idea, but will not happen imo. People have paid for these digits and taking it away will costs Gree a lot of refunds.

good gawd noooo
04-29-2015, 12:21 PM
unfortunately most of these convos are moot as Gree will not change a thing. Many idieas and suggestions on how to save the game defuse stats inflation but ALL of them require players to be willing to sacrifice stats. whether threw reducing boost or loss of actual units or buildings. and although everyone seems to be wanting to save the game they ONLY want to do it if THEY don't have to give up anything.

but again main point is gree is a exploit game max profit then burn and start with new game.. we are at the burning stages and gree is NOT going to alter path

Agent Orange
04-29-2015, 12:51 PM
There are a couple of ways to look at stat inflation. The obviously bad way and the one I'm starting to warm up to which is that those much stronger eventually level past me and I drop off their rivals list. Granted this also means that the level cap needs to increase and the rivals list sort adjusted.

As another player mentioned the other day, why give new players an advantage and those who have spent several years building up their players the shaft.

The real problem is that the game has no overall direction or master plan and is really on a sort of 'let's shake as much money out of the customers' while we can. It's pretty evident when they did MM and suddenly stats took an insane jump and those that missed it for various reasons got screwed. That to me shows a big lack of long range planning. Also seen in the totally useless defence buildings and now low stat units unlocked by unit buildings. Also valor units are no longer worth buying when you can farm better units during LTQs and FLTQs.

Why I keep suggesting that the project manger should be fired or the fool further up the food change ordering this.

Web323
04-29-2015, 01:04 PM
Would it or would it not be a good idea for GREE to not only remove a digit from each and every unit in the game to bring the stats back down but also from everyone's boost totals?!

Currently a player with, for example, an air unit with 10,000,000 attack & a boost of 1,000% on air attack has a unit worth 110,000,000 in battle.

The top units in the game, circa, 200,000,000 attack, when combined with, say, a boost of 3,500% means players have 1 unit worth 7,200,000,000 attack. 7.2T attack from 1 unit. Is it any wonder ppl are struggling to find a target in WD.

Discuss...would removing a digit from both the unit and boost help or wouldn't it make much of a difference? The said unit above would, in this case, become a 20,000,000 attack unit with a boosted value (350%) of (only!) 90,000,000.

Consider that the more high value units someone has, the more exponentially their stats are inflated compared to the next player.

7,200,000,000 attack = 7 Billion 200 Million to be exact

groovy shags
04-29-2015, 02:35 PM
7,200,000,000 attack = 7 Billion 200 Million to be exact

So you mean it's million, billion, trillion, quadrillion, quintillion, then my personal favorite...sextillion!?!?!?

elangomatt
04-29-2015, 02:56 PM
Easiest fix would to just add commas on every place where there is a number displayed. Android has commas on the profile page already

Laurence1
04-29-2015, 03:48 PM
It would not mater how many digits you removed from players you will still have the same issues.. If you can't hit them now you still won't be able to after they remove 1,2 or 3 digits from players. So it just not going to happen sorry.