PDA

View Full Version : MERGING SYNDICATES - advice about what is probably stupid things

Red BD
04-28-2015, 12:35 AM
Almost since inception I have been asked if my crew wanted to merge with some larger Syndicate. my guess is that's normal.
Now we have a proposal to talk with a gang where merger would greatly benefit my members in terms of stats, but in terms of communication, coordination as well as performance, they suck IMHO.
Are there any accepted or actual mechanics which make "merger" more than just a bunch of players joining another syndicate and the gang from which they came disappearing?
Anything like co- leaders or an underboss? Consigliere? [Gree could improve the game if such were created IMO].
Any opinions on what I should tell my crew about this? I believe in openness, but don't want my best guys leaving for what I feel will be a temporary stat bonus.

ANY advice or opinion would be appreciated.

cynicalmofo
04-28-2015, 01:55 AM
Ultimately, one crew is absorbed by the other - There's no underboss or anything like that and generally, the leader of the smaller crew becomes an officer along with his or her original officers.

If the other crew's communication and coordination sucks, why would you go there?

I know of quite a few top 400's that would happily absorb 10-15 ACTIVE players to replace their existing "Can't be arsed, the game is **** now" players.

Captain Torgue
04-28-2015, 01:58 AM
Mergers are either really good or really bad. There is no middle ground. In most cases though it ends bad.

Weasel
04-28-2015, 02:58 AM
Mergers are either really good or really bad. There is no middle ground. In most cases though it ends bad.

There is some truth in this simple statement.

If your current merge deal would have you absorbed into another syndicate and result in less communication/organization than what you are used to, it's not going to end well. It's the people, your teammates, that affect your game experience. Not their stats, not your stats, just the people themselves. Plain and simple. Sacrificing your game experience for a few pixel numbers is never advisable.

TheWarthog
04-28-2015, 05:34 AM
Never had a full on merger end well. I've had a group of individuals who splintered off from a syndicate be absorbed by another and work well, but never a full merger.

Killer p
04-28-2015, 05:52 AM
There are no mergers in cc, there are only mass aquisitions!

1Shot
04-28-2015, 06:14 AM
When my mini syndicate had a merge the leader just became an officer at the bigger team and most of the people that were officers there just became members. I would think its rare to get a bigger syndicate to merge into a smaller one.

Oasis
04-28-2015, 09:42 AM
I wouldn’t recommend it!

Sleazy_P_Martini
04-28-2015, 12:26 PM
Well don't let the team you're looking at hear you're bad mouthing them on the forums.

Edit: not that you're bad mouthing em.

montecore
04-28-2015, 08:29 PM
Good or bad they are never easy, but worth it more often than not IMO. It would be a lot better if the crews saw eye to eye in terms of tactics and organization. Some players like to free hit and others like coordination. Typically one group won't be thrilled to change unless the new tactics bring success.

Dipstik
04-28-2015, 09:53 PM
Sas8 looking for a merger, monty?

Captain Torgue
04-28-2015, 09:54 PM
Don't listen to Montecore, he gives bad advice.

Red BD
04-28-2015, 11:24 PM
Thank you all (so far- other thoughts welcome).
If it took this Forum to let them know certain aspects of their crew needed bettering IMO, well.... Sure it's true of mine too.
I am thinking of just spreading it out to all and Giving the Code, but I feel like some of my crew are 13 in terms of maturity and will just go for the colored lights.
Wait a second! About 40% ARE about ARE around age.
Oh well, in the softly sung words of Doris Day and Sly Stone (sometimes together in bed) "Que sera, sera".
Thanks