PDA

View Full Version : Buying Uzi's in bulk

Garland Greene
04-26-2015, 05:40 AM
Why after all this time and all the updates the game has gone thru is there still no way to buy Uzi's in bulk? Buying 100-200 at a time is aggravatingly slow and tedious.

Weasel
04-26-2015, 05:47 AM
Because you are supposed to earn uzis primarily by doing map jobs (LTQ and SLTQ). If you want to avoid spending the time to do the map jobs, you can spend the time tapping "buy" a thousand times.

Garland Greene
04-26-2015, 05:59 AM
Well I can understand that to a point, but I don't think the majority of players have enough energy(or gold) to finish the LTQ and SLTQ's and acquire the many hundreds/thousands of uzis that are needed to donate in order to get all the prizes for the individual prize. Especially when your in need of the last 1 or 2 legendary's and keep getting repeat prize after repeat prize. Multiply that by all the members of you Syn in the same boat and you can easily see that the need for buying ALOT of extra uzis is necessary. Hence being able to buy in bulk would be a great improvement to the game.

sister morphine
04-26-2015, 06:06 AM
Well I can understand that to a point, but I don't think the majority of players have enough energy(or gold) to finish the LTQ and SLTQ's and acquire the many hundreds/thousands of uzis that are needed to donate in order to get all the prizes for the individual prize. Especially when your in need of the last 1 or 2 legendary's and keep getting repeat prize after repeat prize. Multiply that by all the members of you Syn in the same boat and you can easily see that the need for buying ALOT of extra uzis is necessary. Hence being able to buy in bulk would be a great improvement to the game.
If your syndicate is full and doesn't let bosses escape it shouldn't take much more than 130 uzis apiece to do the event. Any extras for farming/indy just get as required. That should take no more than five minutes at the start. Where did you get "thousands" from, lol.

Evan1000
04-26-2015, 06:22 AM
If your syndicate is full and doesn't let bosses escape it shouldn't take much more than 130 uzis apiece to do the event. Any extras for farming/indy just get as required. That should take no more than five minutes at the start. Where did you get "thousands" from, lol.

Actually I have to disagree with this. At the rate that my syn is farming bosses (they're going down within 10/20 minutes and we're farming 3/4 bosses at a time) thousands upon thousands of uzis have been needed in order to do so.

But for just finishing elite 130 Uzis per person in a 60 man syn is more than enough

Garland Greene
04-26-2015, 06:22 AM
I meant thousands in regard to the amount overall. My syn finished the syn goal yesterday and now everyones going for indi, however as I stated with all the repeat prizes popping up spread out over 60 memebers-thats alot of boss summoning. We have a min of 150 uzis for RB right at the start and guess what? It's not nearly enough to keep summoning 65/70's and some 100's so that our members can attempt to get their last 1-3 legendary's needed for indi.

Frankly I'm surprised I'm getting resistance to this idea as seems a simple solution that would benefit all regardless of Syn rank, you guys really are obsessed with just tap tap tapping away I guess

Garland Greene
04-26-2015, 06:23 AM
Thank you Evan, beat me to the post. Glad to see someone in agree's

Bad Fish
04-26-2015, 07:44 AM
It's a great idea. It would save time for lots of players when cashing in their rp for uzis. Might come with a few "bugs & fixes" so you'll need to be patient while they work those out.

What does it matter what any of us think though? It matters what gree thinks & how it will benefit them.

If you want your idea to go much farther than opinions or sarcastic posts then decide how much gold you'd like to spend in order to save you from taping & pitch it to gree.

Please update me on how long it goes ignored before you give up.

Weasel
04-26-2015, 07:49 AM
It should be glaringly obvious by now that the intent of this event was never for people to farm an infinite number of bosses until time runs out. Allowing bulk buy of uzis would only enable that. If you want to farm bosses, one of the only things Gree can do to slow that down that won't actually affect anything is to only allow one additional uzi to be purchased at a time.

There are 3 weeks between raid bosses. Using all your energy and no gold whatsoever it is very realistic for one account to acquire 150 uzis. Multiply that by 60 syndicate members and you have 9000 uzis. If that's not enough to complete the goals and do enough bosses to get everyone the individual prize, AND do some farming, you're either having the worst luck ever recorded in this game or you're doing something wrong. Consider yourself lucky there even is an option to buy the uzis at that point.

Bad Fish
04-26-2015, 07:59 AM
It should be glaringly obvious by now that the intent of this event was never for people to farm an infinite number of bosses until time runs out.

Same thing with jumping & farming EB. You should start a thread about shutting RB farming down. It needs to be stopped immediately. Why should some people that enjoy that part of the game get away with having fun when others aren't?

Garland Greene
04-26-2015, 08:01 AM
It should be glaringly obvious by now that the intent of this event was never for people to farm an infinite number of bosses until time runs out.

LOL really Weasel? How'd you come up with that gem? As long as RB's have been around people have been finishing goals early and farming away, Gree doesn't seem to care AT ALL or they would eliminate the option to buy uzi's all together and/or shorten the length of the RB event. If you think just because somebody can't get their last legendary no matter how hard they try is a result of having the worst luck in the game, well then there are ALOT of people out there who will be vying for that title as it's quite common and the reason for needing more uzi's for more summoning. So you can check your "I know better than you" attitude at the door.

sister morphine
04-26-2015, 08:02 AM
I meant thousands in regard to the amount overall. My syn finished the syn goal yesterday and now everyones going for indi, however as I stated with all the repeat prizes popping up spread out over 60 memebers-thats alot of boss summoning. We have a min of 150 uzis for RB right at the start and guess what? It's not nearly enough to keep summoning 65/70's and some 100's so that our members can attempt to get their last 1-3 legendary's needed for indi.

Frankly I'm surprised I'm getting resistance to this idea as seems a simple solution that would benefit all regardless of Syn rank, you guys really are obsessed with just tap tap tapping away I guess
Maybe it's just me but I've always found the prizes I'm lacking to complete indy come a lot easier if I'm not hitting boss after boss after boss trying for it. When we began the 100s yesterday I had no legendaries at all but all three popped out during the course of those 25 (I didn't hit all of those either, regen time decided that!). When I woke up this morning the last one went down, and I then needed all three commons and one uncommon to finish. Six level 5s later it was done!

As for what Evan said he was actually agreeing almost completely with me. The only difference is the desire to buy all the extra Uzis from the start instead of later. Each to their own but I'd rather stick to as and when necessary (which doesn't just mean when I want to kill a boss). If Gree were to add buy 10, 50, 100 buttons I'd use them of course but would still buy the same way I do now.

Garland Greene
04-26-2015, 08:03 AM
Why should some people that enjoy that part of the game get away with having fun when others aren't?

Because some people belong to well organized Syn's AND actually spend real money on this game, and should be able to enjoy certain aspects of this game that free players in a 500 Syn can't

Garland Greene
04-26-2015, 08:05 AM
Maybe it's just me but I've always found the prizes I'm lacking to complete indy come a lot easier if I'm not hitting boss after boss after boss trying for it. When we began the 100s yesterday I had no legendaries at all but all three popped out during the course of those 25 (I didn't hit all of those either, regen time decided that!). When I woke up this morning the last one went down, and I then needed all three commons and one uncommon to finish. Six level 5s later it was done!.

Sometimes they come easy sometimes they don't , glad to hear it was an easy grab for you this time around :)

sister morphine
04-26-2015, 08:08 AM
Sometimes they come easy sometimes they don't , glad to hear it was an easy grab for you this time around :)
Not just this time. And just the same in MW (excepting the retarded raid boss thing inflicted on players this cycle) :) it's very rare I have to do more than a dozen or so.

Evan1000
04-26-2015, 08:10 AM
There are 3 weeks between raid bosses. Using all your energy and no gold whatsoever it is very realistic for one account to acquire 150 uzis. Multiply that by 60 syndicate members and you have 9000 uzis. If that's not enough to complete the goals and do enough bosses to get everyone the individual prize, AND do some farming, you're either having the worst luck ever recorded in this game or you're doing something wrong

You're obviously doing something wrong if you believe this to be true AND you're using your energy on map jobs. But since you're working under the impression that there should be no farming, go ahead and keep doing what you're doing, tell me if it works out in the long run. Meanwhile my raw attack will be tripling itself because my syn is smart enough to both farm bosses and obtain the thousands of uzis to do so.

Bad Fish
04-26-2015, 08:18 AM
Because some people belong to well organized Syn's AND actually spend real money on this game, and should be able to enjoy certain aspects of this game that free players in a 500 Syn can't

How presumptuous of you to assume all are gold free. Been there done that & am a former member of a T5. I made a choice to stop giving gree my money. If you'd like to give it to them, knock yourself out Skippy. I never said that everyone should get the same prizes & gold free. What I said is the game should not be built around you are any one person.

Kitty McPurr
04-26-2015, 09:45 AM
I think GREE should add a confirmation button after each UZI purchase. Just like the royal pain in the butt process of buying and upgrading hideouts...buy LVL1?, confirm?, upgrade to LVL2?, confirm?...18 Taps and a hand full of scrolls later you have 1, yes 1 X LVL10 hideout.

But in reality there is NO MONEY in it for them, so why bother fixing things to make the player experience more pleasant?

Garland Greene
04-26-2015, 10:49 AM
How presumptuous of you to assume all are gold free. Been there done that & am a former member of a T5. I made a choice to stop giving gree my money. If you'd like to give it to them, knock yourself out Skippy. I never said that everyone should get the same prizes & gold free. What I said is the game should not be built around you are any one person.

LOL Skippy? Really? Trying to get me mad bro? You failed. And so what if your a former T5, think that impresses? It doesn't, fail #2. When did I ever imply Gree should build this game around me? If you look at my 6th post down you'll see I said this change would benefit ALL regardless of Syn rank, its my opinion. Try understanding the words your reading before making some asinine comment, fail #3. What this game should be built around is what the majority of customers want, I was merely trying to bring an issue to light to see what others thought of it. If they did make the change it wouldn't mean they were catering to just little ol' me but what the consumers as a whole want to see done. Which I'll freely admit has never been Gree's strongpoint.

cooch
04-26-2015, 11:24 AM
Why after all this time and all the updates the game has gone thru is there still no way to buy Uzi's in bulk? Buying 100-200 at a time is aggravatingly slow and tedious.

While it's a good idea and forgetting about the flame throwers know this: u used to have to earn Uzis via map, ltq/sltq or buy with gold only vs tap one at a time.

So if the chant grows gree usually delivers your requests but not in the way u want them. Those days were tough my friend

Bad Fish
04-26-2015, 11:40 AM
No I was not trying to get you mad. My apologies as I thought your cc player name was Skippy.

My original post agreed with you that I think it's a good idea. You can scroll on down & see that.

I will be eagerly awaiting the new update that has that option in it.

Garland Greene
04-26-2015, 12:14 PM
Thanks for taking the high road Fish apology accepted, no I am not this man Skippy you speak of. And I did notice your first post agreeing with the idea, hopefully the powers that be will consider it. You know I think I remember that at one point there was an option to buy uzi's in bulk, it was a while ago and only available for a short time; they should bring it back.

Cooch I do remember those days before buying them was an option, it sucked lol. So yes it is better to be able to buy them slowly now than not at all.

Dipstik
04-26-2015, 12:22 PM
I don't think you've ever been able to buy them in bulk unless it was a platform specific thing that I didn't get.

Sandukan
04-26-2015, 02:18 PM

You are getting resistance because there is a small but boisterous group on here that see the game passing them by.
They are like crabs in a barrel.
They justify their actions by saying "this was not what GREE meant to happen". Yet they are the first to tell you that nothing GREE does convey any sensible intent.

I like your idea of bulk buying uzis. If GREE didn't want us to buy uzis they wouldn't make uzi buying an option.

sister morphine
04-26-2015, 03:53 PM
You are getting resistance because there is a small but boisterous group on here that see the game passing them by.
They are like crabs in a barrel.
They justify their actions by saying "this was not what GREE meant to happen". Yet they are the first to tell you that nothing GREE does convey any sensible intent.
You couldn't be more wrong. Many is the time Gree (and Funzio before them) have intervened in the name of "game balance". From nerfing defence buildings when early players filled up their hoods with them to protect their precious laundromat..... to replacing the M4 with a rusty version of itself.... etc, etc.

Eliminating epic boss tiers was an inspired move to stop low levels from farming the event to destruction. Raising minimums on Lvl 100s to over a billion to put an end to hundreds of players filing through farming syndicates to kill bosses is the same thing.

Of course that won't stop in-house farming, but because most players will still have to use an FA to do the job they'll either have to farm at a lower level of intensity than before, use up their health refills or use gold. The latter is what Gree want you to do if you choose to play the game in such manner.

Sandukan
04-26-2015, 04:33 PM
You couldn't be more wrong. Many is the time Gree (and Funzio before them) have intervened in the name of "game balance". From nerfing defence buildings when early players filled up their hoods with them to protect their precious laundromat..... to replacing the M4 with a rusty version of itself.... etc, etc.

Eliminating epic boss tiers was an inspired move to stop low levels from farming the event to destruction. Raising minimums on Lvl 100s to over a billion to put an end to hundreds of players filing through farming syndicates to kill bosses is the same thing.

Of course that won't stop in-house farming, but because most players will still have to use an FA to do the job they'll either have to farm at a lower level of intensity than before, use up their health refills or use gold. The latter is what Gree want you to do if you choose to play the game in such manner.

If GREE finds that their game allows for things they don't intend then I fully anticipate that they will do things to correct this.
What I find curious are players that are vocally against other players using strategies that are completely legal because they believe that is not what GREE intended or want.

You have to ask what is the motivation of these vocal few.
Are they:
1. Trying to stick it to GREE, who we all agree are incompetent and avaricious?
2. Sticking it to other players who are building their stats without GREE taking their money?

What do you think?

Garland Greene
04-26-2015, 04:52 PM
I don't think you've ever been able to buy them in bulk unless it was a platform specific thing that I didn't get.

I swear I remember doing it one time and I mean just that, 1 RB event. After that it was back to tap/pause/tap, tap/pause/tap

Weasel
04-26-2015, 05:06 PM
If GREE finds that their game allows for things they don't intend then I fully anticipate that they will do things to correct this.
What I find curious are players that are vocally against other players using strategies that are completely legal because they believe that is not what GREE intended or want.

Are they:
2. Sticking it to other players who are building their stats without GREE taking their money?

What do you think?

I think some players wrongly assume that people are against any particular playstyle. I couldn't be more clear in the several statements I've made clarifying I am neither for nor against people jumping or farming RB. It doesn't affect me. But it's very obvious to anyone with minimum half a brain that those activities were not part of Gree's original intention. They are, however, not glitches and entirely within the rules, so they are what they are.

I swear I remember doing it one time and I mean just that, 1 RB event. After that it was back to tap/pause/tap, tap/pause/tap

Unless you are on Android and that feature existed for a single event, which isn't something I would know about, you are mistaken. That feature has not ever existed on iOS, and if it cannot, for whatever reason, be implemented on one platform or another, it's only fair and (uncharacteristically) logical that neither platform benefits from something that the other cannot.

I love tacos
04-26-2015, 05:34 PM
On iOS buying multiple Uzi's was never an option, with that being said I can donate as many as I need to at one time. Gree should change this.

Red BD
04-26-2015, 05:37 PM
Uh, and I could have missed something cause I'm fighting, but weren't the Bundles this time offering an opportunity to buy Uzis in bulk (in a way)? And when u actually figured how much gold (actual or already dedicated) the bundles were deals. Of course they may not qualify for the Gold Club, but Neither does my bank account AFAIK

Dipstik
04-26-2015, 05:50 PM
I have repeatedly just asked gree to just give an official answer on whether they approved of "jumping" or not. If they did, I would have started jumping myself. It was permitted by game mechanics, but it was so counterintuitive that it seemed almost like cheating to me. almost.

Red BD
04-26-2015, 07:47 PM
I have repeatedly just asked gree to just give an official answer on whether they approved of "jumping" or not. If they did, I would have started jumping myself. It was permitted by game mechanics, but it was so counterintuitive that it seemed almost like cheating to me. almost.

Yes sir, you have sir. IMHO not at all an unreasonable request. The parent in me can see the downside to jumping. The Grandparent is unsure. I guess they tried a work around this time- or not (of course it's a triple secret work around if anything). My personal opinion is that this jumping is a very bad thing. BUT I guess if one is solo ??????????
Gree should RSVP IMHO.

sister morphine
04-26-2015, 10:44 PM

Are they:

What do you think?
In the case of epic boss, shutting down the ability of low levels to sweep the event before them one hit all the way is long overdue as it was grossly unfair towards higher level players (to a lesser extent 151-200s, more so 201-250s and especially >251s).

For raid boss, Gree probably have no opinion on you farming the event if you wish, but not in the way it was being done - hundreds filing through syndicates and all getting prizes for free with a QA. They want you to hand over your gold to do that.

I'm like Weasel in not caring too much about you farming raid boss. It doesn't affect my game one bit what you do.

Blaggard
04-27-2015, 06:50 AM
Actually I have to disagree with this. At the rate that my syn is farming bosses (they're going down within 10/20 minutes and we're farming 3/4 bosses at a time) thousands upon thousands of uzis have been needed in order to do so.

But for just finishing elite 130 Uzis per person in a 60 man syn is more than enough

Farming 4 at once? Doing it wrong, bro

Max Power
04-27-2015, 08:49 AM
1. There is nobody in this game named Skippy. Nice backpedal.

2. Beyond the Dead has options to buy things in bulk, as do other Gree games. This should be low hanging fruit from a development standpoint. Doesn't mean it would ever be a priority, but it does have gold attached to it, so it is higher on the list than others.

3. I have zero sympathy for people who are claiming farming hundreds of toons is too hard. Boo hoo. If you had to buy lots of uzis just to finish the event, you have a sympathetic ear, but to farm additional prizes for days? Suck it up.

Bad Fish
04-27-2015, 01:20 PM
Apparently you & I don't have the same rival list...

1Shot
04-27-2015, 07:15 PM
I agree, I would love to purchase Uzi in bulk, but it would ruin the point of tapping the amount you want and actually spending time in the game. Rather than being lazy and purchasing 500 Uzi in one click.

Dipstik
04-27-2015, 07:21 PM
I know the point of the game was tapping, but this is the first time I've never seen tapping the same "buy" button hundreds of times as being all that important.

Weasel
04-27-2015, 07:36 PM
I know the point of the game was tapping, but this is the first time I've never seen tapping the same "buy" button hundreds of times as being all that important.

Respect points and gold are nowhere near as easily and cheaply obtained as game cash. I can easily imagine a situation where someone enters a number of uzis they want to buy, "accidentally" taps an extra zero (or two) "because of lag", and finds their gold or respect point totals immediately reduced to zero. This is followed by a ticket asking for the currency to be returned, and by the time support has issued the reinstatement of erroneously spent currency, the uzis have been spent and no currency is deducted from the amount refunded to compensate. Free uzis.

The simple, one-at-a-time purchase is probably the best way to prevent abuse, and it prevents people from "accidentally" buying a number of uzis they don't want or need. As much as we love to give Gree flack for bugs and typos and what have you, this instance of keeping it simple makes quite a bit of sense.

HavingFun
04-27-2015, 11:24 PM
I agree, I would love to purchase Uzi in bulk, but it would ruin the point of tapping the amount you want and actually spending time in the game. Rather than being lazy and purchasing 500 Uzi in one click.

You're joking right? I assume then you disagree with how ingame cash/respect weapons can be purchased also.

!Radar
04-30-2015, 03:02 PM
This is completely insane. Like when we were arguing about the "collect all" button. Some people wanted it to be a "collect some" button, other people wanted a "collect what I want you to based on my mood" button. Make buying bulk an option, for those of you that don't want to do it, buy them one at a time, it's that simple. That way everyone is happy, the people who want bulk and you tapaholics that want to buy them individually. In fact here's an even better idea, they should add a confirmation popup when you go to buy them. Then you can two taps per uzi!

Dipstik
04-30-2015, 04:10 PM
Everyone would rather have a bulk purchase option, obviously. No one is saying otherwise. Some have pointed out possible reasons why they might not give it to us, which is completely different. Settle down.