PDA

View Full Version : Street Assault lag

Evan1000
04-25-2015, 02:58 PM
I'm usually the one to complain about prizes, I deal with most lag because it's a game, even worse a phone game, with thousands upon thousands of players logging on at once, there's always bound to be some form of lag.

But when it gets to the point where it's hard to even call an active battle because the scores aren't displaying correctly ever, it's gotta be more than just simple game lag. This only started occurring for me last SA, and I was hoping it would go away, but is still here this SA.

Is anyone else experiencing horrific forms of lag lately, and is there any hope that GREE can look into this lag further?

Thanks in advance.

Weasel
04-25-2015, 03:16 PM
I hear buying more henchmen fixes the lag issue.

They won't do anything for your comma splices and poor grammar though.

Red BD
04-25-2015, 03:18 PM
Perhaps this is not directly on point, but in the last 2 SAs I noticed the crew total (during a battle) suddenly dropping (and bonus # changing), then it will go part way/ all the way back up- then drop again ad infinitum. It makes fighting difficult, and I wonder what our score is when all is over.

Evan1000
04-25-2015, 03:26 PM

They won't do anything for your comma splices and poor grammar though.

Lol, not the first time I've been told I use too many commas.

Evan1000
04-25-2015, 03:30 PM
Perhaps this is not directly on point, but in the last 2 SAs I noticed the crew total (during a battle) suddenly dropping (and bonus # changing), then it will go part way/ all the way back up- then drop again ad infinitum. It makes fighting difficult, and I wonder what our score is when all is over.

This is one of the many lags I have been experiencing, and it's irritating as hell. But in this particular post I was referring to the fact that the points won't load at all and I'm watching a 15/20 minute old screen as I'm trying to figure out whether or not it'd be a good steal, not realizing they're at 20m points already and it's only showing me 5.

Bad Fish
04-25-2015, 03:32 PM
Yes, a few of the issues I have when RB isn't going on @ the same time:
1. Deploys taking forever to deploy or not at all.
2. Score bouncing up & down when a lot of teammates deploying.
3. Splash screens maybe 15% of the time.
4. Chat constantly losing connection.

When running with RB:
1. All above mentioned.
2. Extremely long loading time.
3. Game crashing non-stop.

Perhaps they should not run the two most lag ridden events @ the same time but that's for them to decide.

fan139
04-25-2015, 04:01 PM

When running with RB:
1. All above mentioned.

Perhaps they should not run the two most lag ridden events @ the same time but that's for them to decide.

Welcome to Gree logic =
Gree Employee 1:
How can we increase Revenue?????
Gree Employee 2:
Run 2 events at the same time!!!!!
Gree Employee 3:
Wont we need to buy more servers to keep up with demand?!
Gree Boss:
Employee 3 your fired!!!! We want to make money not spend money

cooch
04-25-2015, 04:20 PM
This is one of the many lags I have been experiencing, and it's irritating as hell. But in this particular post I was referring to the fact that the points won't load at all and I'm watching a 15/20 minute old screen as I'm trying to figure out whether or not it'd be a good steal, not realizing they're at 20m points already and it's only showing me 5.

Yes we r noticing this as well. Also lag to do RB, just summoning or checking history or trying to hit. Long times to get into app as well. Droid and iOS

Red BD
04-25-2015, 08:18 PM
Yes we r noticing this as well. Also lag to do RB, just summoning or checking history or trying to hit. Long times to get into app as well. Droid and iOS

Yes! A few hours ago I took what should have been the last hit on a boss... But it somehow did not register with the game, so I had to change Apps and plead for someone with a quick hit left to kill the bugger. So what do I find out 5 minutes later? That I HAD killed the moose. Those Canucleheads! Something similar happened later, but since I started drinking after the first I'm rather foggy on it.

HavingFun
04-26-2015, 04:43 AM

Quoted for truth.

Evan1000
04-26-2015, 01:28 PM

When running with RB:
1. All above mentioned.

These are all also irritating and I only started experiencing most of them when they ran Street Assault alongside RB. They took a good strategic based and stat building event and turned it into a chore for especially the officers. At first I loved having two per cycle and now I dread both of them.

Demolisher VFF Rebels
04-26-2015, 04:27 PM
These are all also irritating and I only started experiencing most of them when they ran Street Assault alongside RB. They took a good strategic based and stat building event and turned it into a chore for especially the officers. At first I loved having two per cycle and now I dread both of them.

That summarises it perfectly I think for most teams well for me and mine

fan139
04-26-2015, 06:26 PM
That summarises it perfectly I think for most teams well for me and mine

It is easier now tho, without deamon farming. Less declares etc

Gungho
04-27-2015, 02:34 AM
The prizes for SA are not really great so half our team are simply not playing except free deploys, and scores so far are the lowest ever...

TheWarthog
04-27-2015, 10:53 AM
I have learned to loathe the last hour of SA. Easily my least favorite time in game. This time I was ok with the lag for the first time ever. Instead, I had some ****wad calling me on my cell phone while I was trying to steal the 8/9 win. Completely blew my chance at 9/9. CC was actually cooperating and R/L blew it for me.

Dam-it

Nighteg
04-27-2015, 10:57 AM
The lags are indeed horrible. The game becomes unplayable. Took me 15 minutes to unload 200 units on droid. Couldn't even login on iOS.

Timala
04-27-2015, 10:58 AM
I would love to participate but with the lag it's just showing a circle going round and round.

It's not working with overlapping events and it's getting very frustrating...

Weasel
04-27-2015, 11:01 AM
I have learned to loathe the last hour of SA. Easily my least favorite time in game. This time I was ok with the lag for the first time ever. Instead, I had some ****wad calling me on my cell phone while I was trying to steal the 8/9 win. Completely blew my chance at 9/9. CC was actually cooperating and R/L blew it for me.

Dam-it

That sucks. Many people have learned to never wait until the last minute to complete goals, as there are a number of things that might occur which result in completion becoming impossible. In most cases this lesson was learned due to events inexplicably ending earlier than the indicated time, but your case shows that there are other factors that could ruin it for you.

It's too bad you missed out, but good job posting here. Maybe this can serve as a lesson to people for future events, not just SA. Waiting until the last minute to accomplish goals is a risky idea and can result in disappointment.

Winnson
04-27-2015, 11:04 AM
At the end there was just nuts. Ah well.

TheWarthog
04-27-2015, 11:06 AM
That sucks. Many people have learned to never wait until the last minute to complete goals, as there are a number of things that might occur which result in completion becoming impossible. In most cases this lesson was learned due to events inexplicably ending earlier than the indicated time, but your case shows that there are other factors that could ruin it for you.

It's too bad you missed out, but good job posting here. Maybe this can serve as a lesson to people for future events, not just SA. Waiting until the last minute to accomplish goals is a risky idea and can result in disappointment.

I dont wait with my main. I learned that one in a previous SA. This was with my mini syndicate. Its a one man show, so I have to build demons and deploys, be really strategic in when I use them. I was sitting on full deploys and plenty of demons. Office phone rang. I sent it to vm, so they called my personal. I sent it to vm too, but by the time the screen cleared the damage was done. LIVID.

TheWarthog
04-27-2015, 11:10 AM
Of course, with all of that said...I'm fortunate enough to have a job that I can neglect to game. :-)

Weasel
04-27-2015, 11:11 AM
I dont wait with my main. I learned that one in a previous SA. This was with my mini syndicate. Its a one man show, so I have to build demons and deploys, be really strategic in when I use them. I was sitting on full deploys and plenty of demons. Office phone rang. I sent it to vm, so they called my personal. I sent it to vm too, but by the time the screen cleared the damage was done. LIVID.

Doesn't really matter if it was main or mini or anything in between. You waited, disappointment ensued. Lesson learned the hard way. Twice apparently, since you already learned the hard way on your main last SA.

cooch
04-27-2015, 11:32 AM
Actually the issues were evident all event. Whether you were collecting cash, hitting a boss, summoning boss, oh and SA. It just got significantly worse in last hour

Multiple events really hurt game performance. It creates anger, tickets, refunds. Carry on gree.

TheWarthog
04-27-2015, 01:05 PM
Doesn't really matter if it was main or mini or anything in between. You waited, disappointment ensued. Lesson learned the hard way. Twice apparently, since you already learned the hard way on your main last SA.

You misunderstand. I wasn't waiting for the sake of waiting (or any other reason), or because it was a mini-syndicate. The lesson was not "un-learned". I was trying to accomplish 2 things...complete syndicate and individual goals. Being a one man syndicate, picking u "perfect" wins on the cheap isn't easy. I would have gladly finished them all early and saved the irritation. But it wasn't possible to do so and save deploys and demons for indi goal completion. I could have picked up my 9/9 earlier and sacrificed the indi. I was hoping to get both (and almost did).

Bad Fish
04-27-2015, 01:13 PM
Actually the issues were evident all event. Whether you were collecting cash, hitting a boss, summoning boss, oh and SA. It just got significantly worse in last hour

Multiple events really hurt game performance. It creates anger, tickets, refunds. Carry on gree.

Second that

Weasel
04-27-2015, 01:44 PM
You misunderstand. I wasn't waiting for the sake of waiting (or any other reason), or because it was a mini-syndicate. The lesson was not "un-learned". I was trying to accomplish 2 things...complete syndicate and individual goals. Being a one man syndicate, picking u "perfect" wins on the cheap isn't easy. I would have gladly finished them all early and saved the irritation. But it wasn't possible to do so and save deploys and demons for indi goal completion. I could have picked up my 9/9 earlier and sacrificed the indi. I was hoping to get both (and almost did).

Unintentional waiting is still waiting. Again, I agree that it's too bad and pretty annoying that you missed out, but the reason why you waited until the end does not change the fact that you waited until the end. At that point it should not have been a surprise that something mostly beyond your control occurred that prevented you from completing you goals.

Evan1000
04-27-2015, 02:21 PM
That last battle was horrific. I love how when you run out of deploys but go to deploy another one and that pop up pops up telling you you ran out of deploys with the two choices "buy more" and "ok", and the buy more button is directly over the option to deploy choppers, so if you're hit with tremendous lag and didn't realize you ran out of deploys and keep trying to deploy you end up wasting 50 gold on deploys you didn't want.

Then after 5 minutes of just trying to deploy your old deploys you now have to spend another 5 deploying the new ones you bought accidentally.

Fun event.

Dipstik
04-27-2015, 02:42 PM
I think the lag is intentional. If it weren't for the lag, how fast could you burn through 250 deploys? I could do it in 20 seconds or so I think. I'm sure others are even faster. Would we REALLY like to have things devolve into battles that last 30 seconds every time? At least the lag keeps people honest. You've got to start 4-5 minutes out if you want to have everyone on the team drop 250 deploys at the last minute.

Weasel
04-27-2015, 03:05 PM
That last battle was horrific. I love how when you run out of deploys but go to deploy another one and that pop up pops up telling you you ran out of deploys with the two choices "buy more" and "ok", and the buy more button is directly over the option to deploy choppers, so if you're hit with tremendous lag and didn't realize you ran out of deploys and keep trying to deploy you end up wasting 50 gold on deploys you didn't want.

Then after 5 minutes of just trying to deploy your old deploys you now have to spend another 5 deploying the new ones you bought accidentally.

Fun event.

That's probably a device specific issue. That "ok/buy more" box lands on the map on all my devices, nowhere near either the unit list or the buy more deploys button.

Get a different device.

Evan1000
04-27-2015, 03:23 PM
It shouldn't take 10 minutes to deploy 100 units.

Lag ruins the whole fun and strategy of street assault, which is using the time you have left and the deploys everyone has to your advantage.

Let's say Node A has 10m on it (without bonus), and Node B has 5m. You have a good roll call, good amount of deploys knowing you can take Node A easy. Now here's the catch, there's only 5 minutes left, and knowing half of everyone's deploys won't be registered in that time, you're forced to take Node B, even though Node A would've yielded a greater bonus.

That's why lag sucks, and ruins the event, and should be fixed.

Evan1000
04-27-2015, 03:23 PM
That's probably a device specific issue. That "ok/buy more" box lands on the map on all my devices, nowhere near either the unit list or the buy more deploys button.

Get a different device.

Oh, well, still frustrating, and I'm sure I'm not the only one that has this issue.

Weasel
04-27-2015, 03:24 PM
It shouldn't take 10 minutes to deploy 100 units.

Lag ruins the whole fun and strategy of street assault, which is using the time you have left and the deploys everyone has to your advantage.

Let's say Node A has 10m on it (without bonus), and Node B has 5m. You have a good roll call, good amount of deploys knowing you can take Node A easy. Now here's the catch, there's only 5 minutes left, and knowing half of everyone's deploys won't be registered in that time, you're forced to take Node B, even though Node A would've yielded a greater bonus.

That's why lag sucks, and ruins the event, and should be fixed.

This SA lag isn't new. If you fail to account for it after knowing about it all this time, it's your fault now, not Gree's.

Evan1000
04-27-2015, 03:26 PM
This SA lag isn't new. If you fail to account for it after knowing about it all this time, it's your fault now, not Gree's.

But the lag is worse. Way worse. We went from 4 minute blitz's to 5 minutes to 8 minutes and crossing our fingers the other team doesn't move.

Weasel
04-27-2015, 03:30 PM
But the lag is worse. Way worse. We went from 4 minute blitz's to 5 minutes to 8 minutes and crossing our fingers the other team doesn't move.

That's server load. More people are trying to compensate for the known lag issue. If battles were meant to be 5 minute blitzes, battle duration would be set to 5 minutes.

For Gree to fix this problem, which is not indicative of anything being broken, they would have to buy more servers. So either learn to compensate by developing your strategy, or accept the disappointment and frustration you cause yourself by failing to account for the known lag issues.

TheWarthog
04-28-2015, 05:31 AM
Unintentional waiting is still waiting. Again, I agree that it's too bad and pretty annoying that you missed out, but the reason why you waited until the end does not change the fact that you waited until the end. At that point it should not have been a surprise that something mostly beyond your control occurred that prevented you from completing you goals.

It wasn't a surprise. It was an unavoidable risk.

Gungho
04-29-2015, 05:18 AM
One would think GREE would notice as overall scores are much lower in SA now, not only due to bad prizes... I remember when we scored double up of what we are doing now, and that is mostly down to frustration of not being sure that deploys counts at the end. But then again Taw and SAS are not scoring 10 billions to win it, more like 2.5billions now.

TheWarthog
04-29-2015, 11:57 AM
One would think GREE would notice as overall scores are much lower in SA now, not only due to bad prizes... I remember when we scored double up of what we are doing now, and that is mostly down to frustration of not being sure that deploys counts at the end. But then again Taw and SAS are not scoring 10 billions to win it, more like 2.5billions now.

Well, that and the lack of demons.