PDA

View Full Version : North Side Massacre Cycle

Vile Lynn
04-22-2015, 12:41 PM
Canuckles.............. 04.23*-04.30 ...RB<<starts today!
Domino Throwdown 04.25-04.26 ...24hr SA
Ice Box*....... 04.27-05.02 ...Box
Market Street Mob... 04.27-04.30 ...LTQ
North Side Massacre 05.01-05.04 ...War

:confused:

Edit: RB was moved up 2 days to today.
We must have missed the announcement.

Edit2: Box event name change

Evan1000
04-22-2015, 12:50 PM
And LTQ and an SLTQ. At the same time.

Calling it

Weasel
04-22-2015, 12:53 PM
Canuckles.............. 04.25-04.30 ...RB?
Domino Throwdown 04.25-04.26 ...24hr SA?
Serial Shootout....... 04.27-05.02 ...?
Market Street Mob... 04.27-04.30 ...?

1) Correct. Name of Uzis normally matches name of Raid Boss.
2) Correct.
3) Box event.
4) Probably SLTQ.
5) Correct.

http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?114643-Questions-Regarding-the-New-Schedule-to-A-Mod

It seems Gree has started running syndicate events alongside RB, likely to discourage jumping but stopping short of actually locking syndicates.

Vile Lynn
04-22-2015, 01:35 PM
1) Correct. Name of Uzis normally matches name of Raid Boss.
2) Correct.
3) Box event.
4) Probably SLTQ.
5) Correct.

http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?114643-Questions-Regarding-the-New-Schedule-to-A-Mod

It seems Gree has started running syndicate events alongside RB, likely to discourage jumping but stopping short of actually locking syndicates.

Thanks! I was looking for that thread.

Yeah, but it makes no sense having syndicates unlocked in the last day or two of RB when customers jump the most.

If the 24hr SA is anything like the last SA... *yawn*

1Shot
04-22-2015, 02:43 PM
Thanks! I was looking for that thread.

Yeah, but it makes no sense having syndicates unlocked in the last day or two of RB when customers jump the most.

If the 24hr SA is anything like the last SA... *yawn*

If it's like last sa I'm sitting out. My stats went up more last sa from opening one box rather than the entire sa event.

Red BD
04-22-2015, 03:00 PM
If it's like last sa I'm sitting out. My stats went up more last sa from opening one box rather than the entire sa event.

Come on 1shot- u mean they don't let U know? I can't believe they don't "pay" u guys ANYTHING (information, gold, ??????). Actually, I DO believe it, just can't fathom why u guys do it under those circumstances. Sorry for any poo-poo I may have given u in the past.

Dipstik
04-22-2015, 03:14 PM
just can't fathom why u guys do it under those circumstances.

The answer is out there. Think about it.

Bolt
04-22-2015, 03:16 PM
Canuckles.............. 04.25-04.30 ...RB?
Domino Throwdown 04.25-04.26 ...24hr SA?
Serial Shootout....... 04.27-05.02 ...?
Market Street Mob... 04.27-04.30 ...?

Domino Throwdown, SA

Serial Shootout, Box event

Market Street Mob, LTQ

North Side Massacre, War

So good guesses, your Crime City spider sense is well developed.

Vile Lynn
04-22-2015, 03:32 PM
Come on 1shot- u mean they don't let U know? I can't believe they don't "pay" u guys ANYTHING (information, gold, ??????). Actually, I DO believe it, just can't fathom why u guys do it under those circumstances. Sorry for any poo-poo I may have given u in the past.

The moderators who type in green are given no more info and have no more access to info or to GREE than you or I do. They aren't employed by GREE in any way; they applied & were chosen to volunteer to be "hall monitors" on the forum. That is it.

Customers keep confusing the moderators with GREE employees who post in orange with official info.

I know why they volunteere, but it's their choice.

Vile Lynn
04-22-2015, 03:36 PM
Domino Throwdown, SA

Serial Shootout, Box event

Market Street Mob, LTQ

North Side Massacre, War

So good guesses, your Crime City spider sense is well developed.

Thanks Bolt!

Any changes to SA? Will we get to farm Demons again?

Red BD
04-22-2015, 04:04 PM
Yeah, thanks Bolt

Sandukan
04-22-2015, 04:31 PM
If Bolt resists the inevitable urge to lock threads he may prove useful.
A& F was the closest we had to fulfilling the basic requirements.

Weasel
04-22-2015, 04:55 PM
If Bolt resists the inevitable urge to lock threads he may prove useful.
A& F was the closest we had to fulfilling the basic requirements.

Just don't forget her info was incorrect more often than not. It wasn't her fault mind you, 'A' for effort, but 'F' for accuracy. She was often given bad info or info that would change before she posted anything. A silent mod is more useful than an incorrect mod.

Sandukan
04-22-2015, 05:35 PM
Just don't forget her info was incorrect more often than not. It wasn't her fault mind you, 'A' for effort, but 'F' for accuracy. She was often given bad info or info that would change before she posted anything. A silent mod is more useful than an incorrect mod.

Hey at least she tried to give us information about events so we are not flying completely blind like we are now and she never got too much into idle harmless forum banter.
The current crop are more intent on stamping out "naming and shaming" on the forum. A crisis that could undermine the game and its ANONYMOUS forum participants.

Weasel
04-22-2015, 05:42 PM
Hey at least she tried to give us information about events so we are not flying completely blind like we are now and she never got too much into idle harmless forum banter.
The current crop are more intent on stamping out "naming and shaming" on the forum. A crisis that could undermine the game and its ANONYMOUS forum participants.

Flying blind isn't much different than flying in the dark with a broken altimeter. At least flying blind you expect surprises though. Flying in the dark with false information presenting itself as truth only leads to frustration rather than surprise.

I love tacos
04-22-2015, 05:54 PM
A&F was interactive with the community but gave out horrible information. Really don't care who's fault it was.

Bring back the original pvp.

Weasel
04-22-2015, 05:58 PM
A&F was interactive with the community but gave out horrible information. Really don't care who's fault it was.

Bring back the original pvp.

You're right, whoever was to blame works (worked?) for the same company.

FYI, the original PvP was a total guessing game and players had to tally their own wins based on their profiles, and guess how many definsive wins they needed to deduct. Final results we usually a suprise as they were basically a blind and silent auction.

Did you mean the PvP showdown? I think you meant the PvP showdown, to which I'd say, "I agree, bring that event back."

Vile Lynn
04-22-2015, 06:03 PM
I would love a PvP event! I'll tally my wins, I don't care.

I like the straight PvP attacks instead of finding buildings to rob, but whatever: it was fun!

Dipstik
04-22-2015, 06:13 PM
I wonder how many people would participate. I haven't attacked since the max level was increased, and I'm still not confident gree won't punish me ex post facto again for leveling up.

Sandukan
04-22-2015, 06:37 PM
Wasn't the PVPs where the crazy idea of higher levels give more points started? I can vaguely remember the first few wars but PVPs was where I first remembered hitting higher level/stats players to get more points.

Vile Lynn
04-22-2015, 07:16 PM
GREE could design the PvP event lite on XP with stat-heavy rewards.
Customers would PvP if they had a reason.

Weasel
04-22-2015, 07:24 PM
Wasn't the PVPs where the crazy idea of higher levels give more points started? I can vaguely remember the first few wars but PVPs was where I first remembered hitting higher level/stats players to get more points.

It's pretty much always been "the lower your player level, the more potential points you can earn" for wars. The PvP showdown awarded more point for robberies than fights and increased potential for points the closer your stats were to your rivals'. Both scoring systems are pretty bad, but it makes more sense in the PvP system because player level was a non-factor. The existing formula for war IP renders individual IP mods less effective the higher your character level.

Joe bananas
04-22-2015, 10:54 PM
GREE could design the PvP event lite on XP with stat-heavy rewards.
Customers would PvP if they had a reason.

This. Who wants the xp from 3 days of PvPing?
Plus with the current Rivals List, it takes me 20 minutes to find a rival I can beat. I don't see an upside to a PVP event.

Red BD
04-22-2015, 11:33 PM
This. Who wants the xp from 3 days of PvPing?
Plus with the current Rivals List, it takes me 20 minutes to find a rival I can beat. I don't see an upside to a PVP event.

Really? 20 minutes?

Nighteg
04-23-2015, 03:47 AM
The PvP showdown awarded more point for robberies than fights and increased potential for points the closer your stats were to your rivals'.

That's because back in the day you had more chance robbing someone than attacking him.

Vile Lynn
04-23-2015, 10:14 AM
RB was scheduled to begin Friday, but GREE switched it to today.

Let the jumping begin, lol! ;)

b-w
04-23-2015, 10:45 AM
SA twice again this cycle? WHY?

Vile Lynn
04-23-2015, 11:13 AM
Cute answer: It's a 24hr SA. Completely different event, heh.

Real answer: Customers will give GREE more money for pixels.

Vile Lynn
04-23-2015, 11:26 AM
@Bolt,

Could you please find out for us what time Street Assult will begin on Saturday*?
Most importantly, when will syndicates be locked for the event?

Thanks!

Bolt
04-23-2015, 11:39 AM
@Bolt,

Could you please find out for us what time Street Assult will begin on Friday?

Thanks!

The 25th is this next Saturday. It is scheduled for 11am PST but this is not set in stone so please don't quote me on that :)

Nothing new on the locking/not locking front.

Vile Lynn
04-23-2015, 12:04 PM
]The 25th is this next Saturday. It is scheduled for 11am PST but this is not set in stone so please don't quote me on that :)

Nothing new on the locking/not locking front.

Yeah, oops! Thanks, Saturday*
(heh, I always mix up days, so happy I was wrong! I have plans Friday night & don't like missing syn events.)

I'm sure lots of customers are happy SA is from Saturday to Sunday.
And, thanks for the time.

SA should still be locked, right?

About RB, I don't figure they'll do anything about jumpers (besides collect data) with this RB.
In all honesty, I don't expect the dev team to do or say anything about RB jumping.
Hearing from them or you about it will be a pleasant surprise. :)
Thanks for keeping us posted either way.

Bolt
04-23-2015, 12:40 PM
[/color]

Yeah, oops! Thanks, Saturday*
(heh, I always mix up days, so happy I was wrong! I have plans Friday night & don't like missing syn events.)

I'm sure lots of customers are happy SA is from Saturday to Sunday.
And, thanks for the time.

SA should still be locked, right?

About RB, I don't figure they'll do anything about jumpers (besides collect data) with this RB.
In all honesty, I don't expect the dev team to do or say anything about RB jumping.
Hearing from them or you about it will be a pleasant surprise. :)
Thanks for keeping us posted either way.

Yes, I have not heard of any plans to change the structure of the SA.

Bolt
04-24-2015, 03:46 PM
[/color]

Thanks Bolt!

Any changes to SA? Will we get to farm Demons again?

I looked it up and Assault Demons require 18 million deploy points again during this SA.

Sandukan
04-24-2015, 03:53 PM
I looked it up and Assault Demons require 18 million deploy points again during this SA.

Great news! Some players were using this glitch to farm hundreds of Demons. Basically getting all the Demons they needed for free.
18 million deploy for Demons is still a bit too low.

I am officially petitioning that Assault demons be raised to 28 million deploy points.

Thanks in advance for passing this on to the developers.

Nighteg
04-24-2015, 04:00 PM

Give my regards to Waffleking. For taking a crappy event, making it mediocre, and ruining it again.

Waffleking
04-24-2015, 04:46 PM
@Bolt,

Could you please find out for us what time Street Assult will begin on Saturday*?

Thanks!

The SA event will start on Saturday at 11am and go to Sunday at 11am.

Waffleking
04-24-2015, 04:47 PM
Give my regards to Waffleking. For taking a crappy event, making it mediocre, and ruining it again.

Demons will not be 18 million points again. We have adjusted the points again to something more reasonable. No you will not be able to farm HC units like you were before.

Weasel
04-24-2015, 04:49 PM
Demons will not be 18 million points again. We have adjusted the points again to something more reasonable. No you will not be able to farm HC units like you were before.

What is an HC unit? Sounds dirty.

Just a suggestion, perhaps the communication between various teams should improve. We appreciate when you try to help, but having two representatives of Gree contradict each other within an hour is far from ideal.

Waffleking
04-24-2015, 04:57 PM
What is an HC unit? Sounds dirty.

Just a suggestion, perhaps the communication between various teams should improve. We appreciate when you try to help, but having two representatives of Gree contradict each other within an hour is far from ideal.

Demons will not be farmable sorry for the confusion. I am the lead of the event so if there are any questions about what is or what is not I will be the one who can answer those. Bolt does an amazing job on these forums but sometimes the information he has is a bit out of date. It is my fault for not updating him with the correct information so again I apologize if this caused any confusion to our players. I just wanted to make sure it was very clear that our per war goals will be much easier than the 18 million points from last time.

Bolt
04-24-2015, 04:57 PM
Just a suggestion, perhaps the communication between various teams should improve.

I was wrong, the value I looked at was for the previous event. I'll be more careful going forward.

Nighteg
04-24-2015, 05:00 PM

Anything above 250k will render the goal not worthy (just so you'd see how ridiculous the 18m was).
When are the other aspects of SA will finally be adjusted, starting with the absurd regen time?
Thanks.

Vile Lynn
04-24-2015, 05:00 PM
Great news! Some players were using this glitch to farm hundreds of Demons. Basically getting all the Demons they needed for free.
18 million deploy for Demons is still a bit too low.

I am officially petitioning that Assault demons be raised to 28 million deploy points.

Thanks in advance for passing this on to the developers.

You mad, bro?
Or just having some personal problems?

BTW, farming demons was never a glitch.

Happy gaming! ;)

Waffleking
04-24-2015, 05:03 PM
Anything above 250k will render the goal not worthy (just so you'd see how ridiculous the 18m was).
When are the other aspects of SA will finally be adjusted, starting with the absurd regen time?
Thanks.

The development team has been hard at work on some new ways to make Street Assault more fun and engaging. These features are still in the works but I really do believe you will like the changes we will be making. I am sorry I can not go into more detail yet but we do have a Street Assault AMA coming up where myself and the Lead Designer will be able to field a bunch more questions for the community.

Evan1000
04-24-2015, 05:05 PM

If this "something more reasonable" is anything above 200k.. I won't even bother with this event. I used to save my gold and spend it on SA, but not anymore.

But thank you for addressing the second *censored* thing you have done to SA.

Few questions:

1- Seeing as how NOT A SINGLE SYNDICATE finished you horrible 700m syn goal for a truly horrid prize.. Will the reqs be brought down tremendously and the prize actually worthwhile?
2- Will indi prizes have 1% modifiers again? I'm sorry, but that's a joke
3- How about syn prizes? 3% and 2% mods for most tiers isn't exactly a way to motivate your customers to spend gold.. in all fairness.

Weasel
04-24-2015, 05:08 PM
The development team has been hard at work on some new ways to make Street Assault more fun and engaging. These features are still in the works but I really do believe you will like the changes we will be making. I am sorry I can not go into more detail yet but we do have a Street Assault AMA coming up where myself and the Lead Designer will be able to field a bunch more questions for the community.

Will there be adequate beta testing performed prior to the launch of these "new ways to make Street Assault more fun and engaging?" I'm sure most players look forward to improvements, but most also do not wish to be the guinea pigs responsible for testing new content in a live environment. Gree has claimed to have test servers for such activities, and I believe that statement, but sometimes it appears from the players' perspective that little or no testing is involved when making "improvements".

Waffleking
04-24-2015, 05:10 PM
If this "something more reasonable" is anything above 200k.. I won't even bother with this event. I used to save my gold and spend it on SA, but not anymore.

Few questions:

1- Seeing as how NOT A SINGLE SYNDICATE finished you horrible 700m syn goal for a truly horrid prize.. Will the reqs be brought down tremendously and the prize actually worthwhile?
3- How about syn prizes? 3% and 2% mods for most tiers isn't exactly a way to motivate your customers to spend gold.. in all fairness.

Hello Evan

1. Yes we have made the goals more inline with the last 24 hour event we held.
2. I am sorry you do not like our stackable prizes but if we give out huge bonuses during events that can lead to issues with stat inflation. We still have to manage prizes to account for this.
3. We have created prizing that is in the top tiers for most of our player base.

Weasel
04-24-2015, 05:11 PM

Few questions:

Regarding points 2 and 3, small modifiers are perfectly acceptable. Given that the majority of item stats are now in the range of hundreds of thousands to several million, even a small modifier provides a significant boost.

Your entitlement is showing again, Gruber. You brag about paying Gree exactly $0 out of pocket, you should be satisfied with anything you can get.

Evan1000
04-24-2015, 05:16 PM
There are plenty of gold (I should say money) spenders in my syndicate that are tired of these 3% modifiers. I'm not speaking for myself here.

But besides that, if the mods were always in smaller increments, it would be a different story. The fact that one random SA they decided to drop all the modifiers exponentially.. that was where this "entitlement" came from.

Waffleking
04-24-2015, 05:17 PM
Will there be adequate beta testing performed prior to the launch of these "new ways to make Street Assault more fun and engaging?" I'm sure most players look forward to improvements, but most also do not wish to be the guinea pigs responsible for testing new content in a live environment. Gree has claimed to have test servers for such activities, and I believe that statement, but sometimes it appears from the players' perspective that little or no testing is involved when making "improvements".

Nope we are going to launch them without any QA or testing at all =) I am kidding!

Yes we will be running a beta and I will announce it to the forums so all players interested can try it out before it hits the prod environment. We will be addressing all major feedback from our players from the Beta before pushing it to the player community.

Vile Lynn
04-24-2015, 05:27 PM
Hi Waffleking, thanks so much for your attention!
*heart you*

Looking forward to trying it out!

Weasel
04-24-2015, 05:31 PM
Hi Waffleking, thanks so much for your attention!
*heart you*

Looking forward to trying it out!

https://s.yimg.com/fz/api/res/1.2/yfZeDhcVU.If5SzXCCbokA--/YXBwaWQ9c3JjaGRkO2g9NDgwO3E9OTU7dz02NDA-/http://pics.bbzzdd.com/users/Jeff7/scruffy_second.png

Sandukan
04-24-2015, 05:32 PM
You mad, bro?
Or just having some personal problems?

BTW, farming demons was never a glitch.

Happy gaming! ;)

Not mad at all but I AM going through some things in my life.
My life coach said to try compartmentalize more.

Anyway, anything in the game that allows players to get strong fast without gold is a glitch.
Do you read your own posts?
I read mine back all the time to impress myself.

Vile Lynn
04-24-2015, 05:41 PM
Not mad at all but I AM going through some things in my life.
My life coach said to try compartmentalize more.

Anyway, anything in the game that allows players to get strong fast without gold is a glitch.
Do you read your own posts?
I read mine back all the time to impress myself.

No, I can't read, but I guess we have different definitions of what a 'glitch' is.

My definition is the correct one. ;)

Sandukan
04-24-2015, 05:59 PM

Glad you're taking responsibility.
So what were you thinking when those numbers (18 million) left your finger tips?
Walk us through that decision making process. Was alcohol or recreational drugs involved?

Remember when you started and was all bright-eyed and bushy-tailed and I told you that your demise was imminent?
I'm psi kick.

Vile Lynn
04-27-2015, 02:54 PM
I think SA went really well all in all with the new changes.

Cycles are only 3 weeks. Many GREE customers actually plan RL around the events during the cycle.
I would appreciate it if last min event & date changes were handled differently by GREE.

Weasel
04-27-2015, 03:07 PM
Many GREE customers actually plan RL around the events during the cycle.

Perfect example of how some people allow the game to play them rather than keeping control and just playing the game.

Sorry, but I have no sympathy for people who find themselves being played.

Nighteg
04-27-2015, 03:15 PM
The new renewing goal has lost it's charm. With nothing to gain, there's no point in being active. The 144k requirement was perfect.

Evan1000
04-27-2015, 03:27 PM
Over 400k for one demon. lol. Good one GREE

Weasel
04-27-2015, 03:34 PM
Demons cost gold. Expecting to get them in large quantities for little to no investment is entitlement on an absurd level.

Gree employees have families to feed too, you know. And there's no rule saying you have to complete the individual goal every event, nor is there a rule against saving up what demons you do earn for use in a later event.

Having the demons raining like $1's at the strip club took away all the strategy and gold requirements. The current way is better than the "deploy 3 demons to win 8 demons" we saw when these goals were new. Want more demons? Buy them.

Evan1000
04-27-2015, 03:42 PM
Having the demons raining like $1's at the strip club took away all the strategy and gold requirements. The current way is better than the "deploy 3 demons to win 8 demons" we saw when these goals were new. Want more demons? Buy them.

Not true. It brought about a whole new strategy to the event. A fun one. But if you want to spend gold on demons instead go right ahead. Lol.

And about the gold spendage, I think it actually upped the spending. If you're in a T10, you think you want a T100 to catch up to you because they're farming demons? No, you're spending more!

Weasel
04-27-2015, 03:51 PM
Not true. It brought about a whole new strategy to the event. A fun one. But if you want to spend gold on demons instead go right ahead. Lol.

A whole new strategy... of not paying for things that formerly required payment. Brilliant! I'm sure the accountants and investors were drooling over that idea.

And about the gold spendage, I think it actually upped the spending. If you're in a T10, you think you want a T100 to catch up to you because they're farming demons? No, you're spending more!

Or, even more likely, you're reducing your spend to $0 because why should you pay for the same thing everyone is getting for free?

Evan1000
04-27-2015, 04:01 PM
A whole new strategy... of not paying for things that formerly required payment. Brilliant! I'm sure the accountants and investors were drooling over that idea.

Yes a whole new strategy. More active battles and the added ability to put up big points faster calls for more strategy. I wonder what your syn does during Street Assault. Throw deploys at a node and hope for the best?

Or, even more likely, you're reducing your spend to $0 because why should you pay for the same thing everyone is getting for free?

They can't reduce their spend to $0, because then the lower syns would catch up. And with their newly acquired confidence on the ability of being able to put up big points they themselves will start to spend gold. Now the T10 has to spend even more, regardless of whether or not they themselves are farming as well.

Weasel
04-27-2015, 04:41 PM
Yes a whole new strategy. More active battles and the added ability to put up big points faster calls for more strategy. I wonder what your syn does during Street Assault. Throw deploys at a node and hope for the best?

What my syndicate does is irrelevant to this discussion. Gree obviously saw their sales plummet once they started giving away what used to cost gold/actual money, otherwise they would have continued with that formula. If it doesn't increase sales, it's not worth keeping. If it reduces sales, it gets fixed real quick.

They can't reduce their spend to $0, because then the lower syns would catch up. And with their newly acquired confidence on the ability of being able to put up big points they themselves will start to spend gold. Now the T10 has to spend even more, regardless of whether or not they themselves are farming as well.

Leaderboard scores were lower than ever before when the demons were basically free. You can say anything you want, but when there is hard evidence contradicting everything you say, you just make yourself seem foolish. If people had actually started spending more, as you claim, Gree must have decided they were earning too much revenue and had to make necessary changes to reduce their profit.

Dipstik
04-27-2015, 04:45 PM
As long as we're all so concerned with Gree's bottom line, they should really make the elite goal for sweeping all five nodes 9 times require CONSECUTIVE sweeps. Make people actually fight for them.

Oh sorry, didn't realize we were only looking for reasons to justify making things easier.

Weasel
04-27-2015, 04:48 PM
As long as we're all so concerned with Gree's bottom line, they should really make the elite goal for sweeping all five nodes 9 times require CONSECUTIVE sweeps. Make people actually fight for them.

Oh sorry, didn't realize we were only looking for reasons to justify making things easier.

That's not a bad idea. Currently, everyone and their grandma can finish 9/9 "elite"... usually within the first 24 hours of the event.

Dipstik
04-27-2015, 04:55 PM
If I were in charge, I'd also prioritize pairings against people with similar win streaks, but I'm sort of a sadist.

Evan1000
04-27-2015, 04:57 PM
Leaderboard scores were lower than ever before when the demons were basically free.

.. how exactly is this "hard evidence"? Scores are lower than ever before NOW, with the taking back of demon farming and the crummy prizes. I went from scoring 50m to scoring 10.

Dipstik
04-27-2015, 04:59 PM
All with tapjoy gold right?

Evan1000
04-27-2015, 04:59 PM

I wouldn't mind this. Streaks should be earned. But my team isn't fighting or spending gold for a 1% mod. If they want players to earn their goals make the goals actually worth the effort.

Evan1000
04-27-2015, 05:01 PM
All with tapjoy gold right?

Haha, what's wrong with that? On the leaderboard it all looks the same, where and how I aquire my gold is irrelevant to how others get theirs.

Weasel
04-27-2015, 05:18 PM
.. how exactly is this "hard evidence"? Scores are lower than ever before NOW, with the taking back of demon farming and the crummy prizes. I went from scoring 50m to scoring 10.

The scores are only lower than ever before among free to moderate gold syndicates because of how inflated they were for the two or three events with free demons. No more free demons will have an obvious result.

Among the top spending syndicates, they are roughly where they'd be expected to be in comparison to syndicates that don't pay for anything. And rightly so.

People spending nothing shouldn't be competing at the same level as those who do spend. And I say that as someone who spends nothing. If I were a spender and Joe Bloe Free-Player were competing at the same level, it would take all of half a second for me to realize my spend isn't actually buying anything. Even people with thousands of dollars of disposable income don't spend it on things that provide zero return of any kind, tangible, virtual or otherwise.

sister morphine
04-27-2015, 10:51 PM
If I were a spender and Joe Bloe Free-Player were competing at the same level, it would take all of half a second for me to realize my spend isn't actually buying anything. Even people with thousands of dollars of disposable income don't spend it on things that provide zero return of any kind, tangible, virtual or otherwise.
If your theoretical spender can't deduce from that they're spending their money in the wrong place, they deserve no sympathy. They would of course be getting a far better indy rank prize than any free player would dream of. That should be why they continue to spend.

If free players see that no matter how much or how smart they play they would be forbidden from earning any prize for completing an event, in case it might upset a spender, where is their motivation to do stuff at all. For someone who talks about "sense of entitlement" as much as you do, I'm surprised you don't see that. Spending real money on the game is a short-cut to finishing events, and nothing more. The extra reward is the superior rank prize.

HavingFun
04-27-2015, 11:27 PM
Haha, what's wrong with that? On the leaderboard it all looks the same, where and how I aquire my gold is irrelevant to how others get theirs.

Spoken like a true hacker.

Nighteg
04-28-2015, 04:07 AM
The scores are only lower than ever before among free to moderate gold syndicates because of how inflated they were for the two or three events with free demons. No more free demons will have an obvious result.

Among the top spending syndicates, they are roughly where they'd be expected to be in comparison to syndicates that don't pay for anything. And rightly so.

People spending nothing shouldn't be competing at the same level as those who do spend. And I say that as someone who spends nothing. If I were a spender and Joe Bloe Free-Player were competing at the same level, it would take all of half a second for me to realize my spend isn't actually buying anything. Even people with thousands of dollars of disposable income don't spend it on things that provide zero return of any kind, tangible, virtual or otherwise.

Farming demons didn't give free players a chance to compete with top teams, they will always be untouchable. The only thing it did was giving ACTIVE people an edge over those who login less. Nothing more, nothing less. And it was a great addition.

Evan1000
04-28-2015, 05:08 AM
They would of course be getting a far better indy rank prize than any free player would dream of. That should be why they continue to spend.

I wouldn't call a 1% mafia attack for first place far better than a 1% melee attack for the T2k. I know a guy in a T3 that said if it wasn't for his syn requirements he wouldn't have even bothered with SA, much less spent gold.

sister morphine
04-28-2015, 05:32 AM
Farming demons didn't give free players a chance to compete with top teams, they will always be untouchable. The only thing it did was giving ACTIVE people an edge over those who login less. Nothing more, nothing less. And it was a great addition.
This. :)

I wouldn't call a 1% mafia attack for first place far better than a 1% melee attack for the T2k. I know a guy in a T3 that said if it wasn't for his syn requirements he wouldn't have even bothered with SA, much less spent gold.
I'm a free player and got no modifier on my indy rank prize. The amount of gold you manage to get through I doubt very much if you're as "free" as you claim to be. Nobody could get through that much just from watching videos - one recent event you claimed to have used about 700 gold if my memory is right; 350 videos is probably more than I get to watch in an entire year! - and the offers that do pay out large quantities either require you to be an adult (gambling sites, insurance comparisons, credit rating etc) and more often than not require spending some real cash to get the gold. So what's the deal? ;)

Killer p
04-28-2015, 06:21 AM
This. :)

I'm a free player and got no modifier on my indy rank prize. The amount of gold you manage to get through I doubt very much if you're as "free" as you claim to be. Nobody could get through that much just from watching videos - one recent event you claimed to have used about 700 gold if my memory is right; 350 videos is probably more than I get to watch in an entire year! - and the offers that do pay out large quantities either require you to be an adult (gambling sites, insurance comparisons, credit rating etc) and more often than not require spending some real cash to get the gold. So what's the deal? ;)

I can easyly back him there as recently there was a 2x gold received on tapjoy not on videos but on their offers, I myself got over 1000 gold free!

Dipstik
04-28-2015, 07:03 AM
Look at Gruber's signature... he claims to have put up 45 million (50 million?) points in SA and 100k in war. His stats are supposedly well over triple mine, and he was recently complaining about having dropped 650 gold to finish that collect-10 event.

Not that I care if he spends gold, but there's no way he's doing all that with tapjoy.

Weasel
04-28-2015, 07:35 AM

Both my accounts were scoring 50m per SA with the free demons. If everyone on my team had been that active that would have amounted to 3 billion points. That's enough to compete with top 20 at the very least, where a fair share of the spending population exists. Why should those spenders let the game play them into spending more because suddenly what used to cost some real dollars became free? Most people play this game without allowing themselves to be instead played by the game.

Edit: after checking the winners list for several of the recent SA events, 3 billion would indeed have been enough to compete at the top level. Anywhere from roughly top 20 to top 5.

Evan1000
04-28-2015, 09:37 AM
Look at Gruber's signature... he claims to have put up 45 million (50 million?) points in SA and 100k in war. His stats are supposedly well over triple mine, and he was recently complaining about having dropped 650 gold to finish that collect-10 event.

Not that I care if he spends gold, but there's no way he's doing all that with tapjoy.

Well now it's tapjoy and supersonic. 100k for a 7 day war is easy and so is 45m with around 200 free demons.

Dipstik
04-28-2015, 09:42 AM
Have we ever had a seven day war? I think I'd have remembered that...

Vile Lynn
04-28-2015, 09:48 AM
Technically, it was 6 days.

Evan1000
04-28-2015, 09:49 AM
Biggest waste of time in my life. At least I got a screenshot out of it

sister morphine
04-30-2015, 04:17 AM
Well now it's tapjoy and supersonic. 100k for a 7 day war is easy and so is 45m with around 200 free demons.
200 demons, even with bonus maxed at x2.75 is only 17.6 million :)