PDA

View Full Version : what is going on?

I am a cow!
04-22-2015, 12:43 AM
decided i wanted to give MW another shot... biggests mistake ever, apart from my nuked base all i see is ->everyone on my rivals list is stronger by 10 fold or more.... lowest i saw was 900M in stats last time i checked people were being congratulated on reaching that... what happened to the game???? (dont tell me it turned to scheisse). >immediately regretted my decsion to reinstall can anyone enlighten me pls?

Pidgeot
04-22-2015, 12:51 AM
No one knows, bro...

robmurphy
04-22-2015, 02:01 AM
No one knows, bro...

That's incorrect. We all know exactly what happened.

There was a period of time across 2 events (EP and RB) where the vast majority of players realised the strategy for these events was to farm the hell out of the units as most were between 10M and 45M A/D

Most players in the Top 25 with have stats in the trillions, Most Top 10 are 10 trillion+

Gree have also clearly decided to lower the percentage bonuses of prize units, and reduce the amount of them (e.g. don't get prize units for prestige wrappers anymore)

So all in all, we know exactly what is going on and we either adjust our strategy and tactics to take advantage of these changes, or we don't and we get left behind.

digger2
04-22-2015, 02:31 AM
That's the way the game has gone If you have a life for half a day you can miss out on massive stats jumps. I loved the game when you could check in every few hours do a goal and not worry about being left behind. Now it's just become a job to keep up. Not giving up yet but getting very weary of unobtainable goals and backhanded customer service.

Cuombajj
04-22-2015, 03:25 AM
You can still do that and keep up. Just have to keep an eye on the gold rushes like epic boss was. It was a grind but fun and competitive on an activity basis for once, instead of wallet basis.

J1mcrane
04-22-2015, 03:44 AM
You can still do that and keep up. Just have to keep an eye on the gold rushes like epic boss was. It was a grind but fun and competitive on an activity basis for once, instead of wallet basis.

Exactly!!!

Everyone had the opportunity to boost their stats, some took it some didn't! Their answer may be "I have a life" , that may be the case but you also have low stats!

crazeejay
04-22-2015, 09:04 AM
Exactly!!!

Everyone had the opportunity to boost their stats, some took it some didn't! Their answer may be "I have a life" , that may be the case but you also have low stats!

Ok high stats no life guy.... LOL

J1mcrane
04-22-2015, 11:10 AM
Ok high stats no life guy.... LOL

Or high stats tap bot guy :)

Mr llama
04-22-2015, 12:33 PM
Gree is intentionally trying to ruin the game so players leave and they can cash out. Only explenation for events that have been running continuously for 2 years and are still broken worse than before

Agent Orange
04-22-2015, 02:08 PM
decided i wanted to give MW another shot... biggests mistake ever, apart from my nuked base all i see is ->everyone on my rivals list is stronger by 10 fold or more.... lowest i saw was 900M in stats last time i checked people were being congratulated on reaching that... what happened to the game???? (dont tell me it turned to scheisse). >immediately regretted my decsion to reinstall can anyone enlighten me pls?

Don't have a cow, cow! Darn I loved being able to use that....

Agent Orange
04-22-2015, 02:18 PM
That's incorrect. We all know exactly what happened.

There was a period of time across 2 events (EP and RB) where the vast majority of players realised the strategy for these events was to farm the hell out of the units as most were between 10M and 45M A/D

Most players in the Top 25 with have stats in the trillions, Most Top 10 are 10 trillion+

Gree have also clearly decided to lower the percentage bonuses of prize units, and reduce the amount of them (e.g. don't get prize units for prestige wrappers anymore)

So all in all, we know exactly what is going on and we either adjust our strategy and tactics to take advantage of these changes, or we don't and we get left behind.

Yes I think that is a good analysis of what happened.

I am as I always am a bit curious as to why this happened. Was it a mistake, was it intentional and if so why. Was it to try and level the playing field or did it do the opposite? My initial take on it was that it was to get players going and levelling up to give more targets to the folks already at the top since we still have a level cap.

But what I am noticing at least where my crew fall is that maybe half the players I scout really took advantage of this annomoly so now I'm farming a lot of players who used to farm me. Plus in the past couple of days I'm finding more and more bases being sold off so it seems that this might have backfired.

The other thought that struck me was that it was intentionally done to try and close the gap amoung the top factions and perhaps stimulate more spending. Perhaps that isn't far from the truth since the last three RBs were only of any use to the really top factions and depending on farming strategies maybe it worked or not..