PDA

View Full Version : The push for Apollo

Benasi
04-20-2015, 08:49 PM
Ok, so I, like many had finally decided to do the push for Apollo Ranks for the bigger units, yes I got on it too late, as I was not aware of it or bothered to look into it until I realised it once hitting the bigger factions.

Then they come along and obliterate that idea by bringing out the newer 'super units' (people are calling them) and now there is nothing the fight for or push to achive.

Now if your going to do that, wouldn't common sense make you create the higher ranks worth it, by bringing out bigger units to unlock just like the Apollo ranks did.... But instead bigger super units that resembles the units coming out in events, such as the prize 10/20mil+ units in RB.

Like the Prime ranks and bring out new ranks too, after all there is only small amounts of money and valor to gain from it, hardly worth the effort that the MW community put into it.

GREE if you haven't already, you need to seriously think about this, because if it's not the ranks, its the crapy RB events and other that is ruining the game.

Just coming from a humble MW player.

J1mcrane
04-21-2015, 12:14 AM
Far too sensible, wash out your mouth !

Agent Orange
04-21-2015, 04:36 AM
And that is one of the big problems.... That there is no overall plan or design for the game. If there was then we would have seen adjustments to the rank goals, valor units, unit buildings etc. But we did not so basically it seems pretty obvious that whoever is in charge of overall design is just cludging on bits and bobs here and there with no real thought to the overall playability of the game.

DEWIN NUTTIN
04-21-2015, 06:43 AM
And that is one of the big problems.... That there is no overall plan or design for the game. If there was then we would have seen adjustments to the rank goals, valor units, unit buildings etc. But we did not so basically it seems pretty obvious that whoever is in charge of overall design is just cludging on bits and bobs here and there with no real thought to the overall playability of the game.

I see a strategy, if that's what some wish to call it.

Its like getting a boat back to shore after it sprung a massive leak, hang on, keep it moving, hope you get back to dry land without being forced to swim.

So, hang on, keep pushing until June arrives.

You know June, a wonderful month, the month summer begins; the month with the longest period of daylight for the Northern hemisphere and the shortest for the Southern Hemisphere.

Plus, the month certain changes are to be completed per certain cyber stores!!!

Rob TRK
04-21-2015, 07:43 AM
PDewin, you crack me up you really do.. The game is dead long live the game....

If the portents of doom are correct and the game is closed in June, well it's closed...it's a bit of entertainment. I've never minded paying for my entertainment, even if sometimes that entertainment isn't up to my expectations...

Been to west end and broad way shows costing £100 per ticket, some were great, some average, one on Broadway distinctly disappointing (Flawed casting in my view).

I still play every day (choice 1), pay for a few vaults each cycle to stay in a t10 team (choice2) and my general experience isn't actually that bad... I know it's only pixels and has no real outcome (nothing is won). I also know others have a differing experience.

As to the post thread... Why do Appollo rank... The simple answer - look at the army in your inventory and see what the weakest non bonus unit is. If Appollo rank (or even Dragon Cmdr, once the unit pinnacle) adds to that and would displace units then do it... But do it as it suits you. In WD you will rank based on the combined efforts of your faction to spend its that simple (with stats playing a part in who you can get WD points off). I don't think anyone is trying to compete with Sup anymore (Could be wrong there).

The false hood in all this is "winning" and "competing". Do what you want/ can and just play it for what it is. A game with a shelf life...

DEWIN NUTTIN
04-21-2015, 08:01 AM

If the portents of doom are correct and the game is closed in June, well it's closed...it's a bit of entertainment. I've never minded paying for my entertainment, even if sometimes that entertainment isn't up to my expectations...

Been to west end and broad way shows costing £100 per ticket, some were great, some average, one on Broadway distinctly disappointing (Flawed casting in my view).

I still play every day (choice 1), pay for a few vaults each cycle to stay in a t10 team (choice2) and my general experience isn't actually that bad... I know it's only pixels and has no real outcome (nothing is won). I also know others have a differing experience.

As to the post thread... Why do Appollo rank... The simple answer - look at the army in your inventory and see what the weakest non bonus unit is. If Appollo rank (or even Dragon Cmdr, once the unit pinnacle) adds to that and would displace units then do it... But do it as it suits you. In WD you will rank based on the combined efforts of your faction to spend its that simple (with stats playing a part in who you can get WD points off). I don't think anyone is trying to compete with Sup anymore (Could be wrong there).

The false hood in all this is "winning" and "competing". Do what you want/ can and just play it for what it is. A game with a shelf life...

I have no interest in hearing how GREAT you THINK you are.

But, if you FEEL better, by all means tell those who believe in your greatness to worship you.

Benasi
04-21-2015, 09:25 AM

The whole point of the thread was about getting bigger units to push for past Apollo, because of the "now" smaller units associated with Apollo ranks, i thought that was quite obvious with my wording.

Rob TRK
04-21-2015, 10:07 AM
Dewin, not great at all fella, just playing a game. Never asked for anyone's acclaim or Acknowledgment, it's not my reason for playing.

Bensai, there is room for new units, but as orange said GREE don't really have a strategic approach. Just use what's Avalanche to max your inventory that's my point. So there is a point to them units, just not the dramatic impact you may wish or get.