PDA

View Full Version : Over 2 months ago you made the equipment useless. Its time to bring it back to live

The Dutch Republic
04-20-2015, 01:28 PM
Attention Soldiers!

Exciting update: Beginning with World Domination, Germany, Soldier Equipment will no longer factor into battle calculations. Though all Soldier Equipment you've recruited will still remain in your inventory, battle calculations will be calculated using only Army Stats. We hope you enjoy the classic World Domination and build the strongest army to dominate and defeat! More details to come on how Soldier Equipment will be used to enhance your army.

Thank you for all your feedback on Modern War features. We continue to integrate your comments into our game development - striving to provide you with an enjoyable gaming experience.

This message was posted more than 2 months ago. If case Gree has forgotten, just a friendly reminder. When will be able to use the equipment again??

I Will Merc You
04-20-2015, 01:32 PM
This message was posted more than 2 months ago. If case Gree has forgotten, just a friendly reminder. When will be able to use the equipment again??

Just a friendly reminder;

...please no more Equipment 'friendly reminders'.

In case you haven't forgotten, Equipment ruined Modern War for many people.

Not saying I am one of them, but I think the community consensus was unanimous.......No more Equipment.

Hopefully GREE didn't read this thread, and will continue trying to forget....

Agent Orange
04-20-2015, 02:26 PM
Just a friendly reminder;

...please no more Equipment 'friendly reminders'.

In case you haven't forgotten, Equipment ruined Modern War for many people.

Not saying I am one of them, but I think the community consensus was unanimous.......No more Equipment.

Hopefully GREE didn't read this thread, and will continue trying to forget....

Likely a troll, yes everybody soundly told gree to kill the equipment and they actually listened and did.

Brown Out
04-20-2015, 02:34 PM
I liked the equipment. I too wish they would work it back into the game.

J1mcrane
04-20-2015, 02:49 PM
Equipment sucked!!!!

truthteller
04-20-2015, 02:56 PM

I liked the equipment. I too wish they would work it back into the game.

I wonder if there is an equipment glitch out there, that players are eager to "try" just for fun of course :rolleyes:

Danger Mouse
04-20-2015, 05:02 PM
Leave equipment burned and buried. worst "improvement" in the history of the game, and given other "improvements" we've seen, that says it all.

sstuutss
04-20-2015, 05:23 PM
yes everybody soundly told gree to kill the equipment and they actually listened and did.

I dont believe it. They had plenty of feedback before hand and rolled it out anyway, they just couldn't get it to work right so they were forced to bin it. Then they spinit as listening, just like the skill point reset, nothing to do with listening, just the only way they could come up with to fix a major gruck-up.

bam bam.
04-20-2015, 05:40 PM
Time for a poll now everybody has had time to cool off and think about equipment and temp boosts

Evil Mastermind
04-20-2015, 05:49 PM
The problem was implementation, as usual. Had it been given a purpose other than to squeeze gold and negate everyone's previous progress, it would have been ok.

I say bring it back but do it with additional game play feature. First off don't force people to do boring tedious LTQ and FLTQ to obtain it. Get rid of those events. Make equipment available for purchase with game cash or valor and loot drops from events. Strong equipment can be sold via gold or as top event placement prizes.

New purpose for equipment. Have a new raid function. Player vs player using only equipment. However you aren't raiding for money. If you win you can "steal" a persons trinkets (units). Not any current units or even future units won from events. A new line of weak to super strong cash and valor units. This "special" line of units can be stolen by a stronger player (more equipment). If you attempt a raid and lose (based only on equipment) then you will lose a random unit from this "line of special units". Or even steal each other's equipment as part of the feature. ;)

If implemented properly it can be fun, add gameplay value, and not negate any real core aspects of the existing model.

kmg108
04-20-2015, 07:31 PM
That is a neat idea and would probably be fun if ANY other game developer was in control of MW. I'm sure that the current staff would only succeed in locking players out, or worse.

I really can't see much point in trying to add anything new to this game, as long as Gree owns it. The downward spiral has gone on too long...and it is really picking up speed these days.

Big John
04-21-2015, 12:07 AM
I think it is coming back.

garen argon
04-21-2015, 01:43 PM
Just say no to equipment.

WBS
04-21-2015, 02:05 PM
Say no to equipment coming back

I Will Merc You
04-21-2015, 02:11 PM
Say no to equipment coming back, using CAPITAL LETTERS.

Vile Lynn
04-21-2015, 02:15 PM
No, thank you.

Agent Orange
04-21-2015, 02:27 PM
This may be a silly question but why in the world do we need equipment when we had attack and defence skill points. Albeit nobody seemed to know much about how they worked. Oddly that was also true of this new junk.

There still seems to be some confusion as to whether skills points do anything sort of like defense buildings.... But from a lot of experimentation I did find that in specific configurations they were indeed useful.

So why add yet another potentially non functioning layer to this mess.

Big John
04-22-2015, 01:04 AM
Am I the only one getting equipment pop ups?

Pidgeot
04-22-2015, 01:09 AM
This may be a silly question but why in the world do we need equipment when we had attack and defence skill points. Albeit nobody seemed to know much about how they worked. Oddly that was also true of this new junk.

There still seems to be some confusion as to whether skills points do anything sort of like defense buildings.... But from a lot of experimentation I did find that in specific configurations they were indeed useful.

So why add yet another potentially non functioning layer to this mess.

Well, defense buildings do work but they provide so little defense they dont do much.

J-manKometh96
04-22-2015, 02:18 AM
Am I the only one getting equipment pop ups?

I started seeing them about a week ago. I figured it was old crap popping up for some reason. Kind of like when WD results pop up from that faction you were with 3 cycles ago in the middle of RB. If it's current, it's one more nail.

Now off to find Mr. Owl to see if he can tell just how many nails it takes to seal the MW coffin. I'm guessing it's more than three, but the world may never know.

Sharky259
04-22-2015, 03:52 PM
I say no to equipment.
Just Adjust the Skill Points' values and increase Defense Buildings' values to reflect current stat increases so that they will actually do some good.
We don't need more things added to the overtaxed servers we need adjustments to what is already available in the game.

Dog bite
04-22-2015, 06:36 PM
Equipment wasn't my favourite part of the game and I am happy it is gone.
I would prefer not to see it come back.

J-manKometh96
04-22-2015, 06:58 PM
Well this thread seems to make it nearly unanimous. Equipment will return with the next update.