PDA

View Full Version : Epic Boss is WAY too hard. We need a system for everyone, not just "vets"

Shisoru
04-15-2015, 03:06 AM
Heya there. So I'm a level 100 with around 400m attack. I'm currently hitting EB level 31 and it takes 3 money hits to down him. I'm guessing that I'm only going to hit level 50 of that during this event.

I won't be able to raise my stats high enough to ever complete the EB if this system stays in place. The very very strongest players will continue to get stronger by being able to earn the bonuses and players like myself will never catch up, as I'm sure each new EB will be tougher than the last.

Most of the events in Crime City are slanted to give high level and high stat "veterans" the massive advantage. This EB event was the only way the little guys like me could even hope to reach higher ranks. I can't even imagine how a new player would feel knowing the staggering impossibility it is to try to improve their ranking.

I used to spend gold right around lvl 85 to refill my health so I could get over the last 15 levels. Now that I plainly see I have no chance, I won't be doing that. Gree, by utilizing this new system I daresay you are ostracizing quite a large chunk of your player base. My syndicate is a top 75 and we have all realized we won't complete this event.

I understand that the old system wasn't perfect. The boss was simply overpowering for those on a higher level. But, I urge you to reconsider the current setup. This was the best event in Crime City, and we need to meet in the middle.

Thank you.

sister morphine
04-15-2015, 03:22 AM
The epic boss is no kinder to players on the higher levels than it is to you - perhaps slightly less nasty for those above Lvl 250, but I would say harder for 201-250s than last one.

The big mistake was in the previous boss. The prizes awarded then were game changing in their inflation and should have been made equally available to all players regardless of level. If that had been done the most active players would have been the ones to benefit most (this is how it was done in Modern War when the last EB had prizes with stats above a million almost from the start).

As it was, the event was stupidly lop-sided so many low levels just walked right through and farmed literally hundreds of Lvl 100 bosses, whilst higher level players could in many cases barely struggle through the 100th boss. The super strong minis now have raw attack of immense power (one of them joined my syndicate for Raid Boss; his FA was three times stronger than our strongest player and his QA was almost as strong as my FA!), so they will have a huge advantage in both boss events for a long time.

Pablo Benassi
04-15-2015, 03:24 AM
Totally agree. I was in disposition of 2000 gold bar ready to throw in epic boss. I was going to use into the final push to lvl 100 and legendary goals. Now that I'm straggling with lvl 40 I realized that gold isn't gonna get me there so I'm holding my expenditure.
So gree the final result of this big mistake of yours is that players like me (and there are plenty) will not expend gold on the EB.

Shisoru
04-15-2015, 03:43 AM
The epic boss is no kinder to players on the higher levels than it is to you - perhaps slightly less nasty for those above Lvl 250, but I would say harder for 201-250s than last one.

The big mistake was in the previous boss. The prizes awarded then were game changing in their inflation and should have been made equally available to all players regardless of level. If that had been done the most active players would have been the ones to benefit most (this is how it was done in Modern War when the last EB had prizes with stats above a million almost from the start).

As it was, the event was stupidly lop-sided so many low levels just walked right through and farmed literally hundreds of Lvl 100 bosses, whilst higher level players could in many cases barely struggle through the 100th boss. The super strong minis now have raw attack of immense power (one of them joined my syndicate for Raid Boss; his FA was three times stronger than our strongest player and his QA was almost as strong as my FA!), so they will have a huge advantage in both boss events for a long time.

You make some excellent points. Perhaps a better system would be to scale the Epic Boss to attack stats. Make it so it's relatively easy to get to lvl 75. After that make it so that a player either needs to take full advantage of health refills or needs to login more frequently to finish the event.

I myself was able to take some advantage of the last EB. I went from 45m to 400m. However, I'll forever be super weak in comparison to both the veterans and the new Super mini accounts. It's an extremely unfortunate situation for most of us...

Blaggard
04-15-2015, 03:57 AM
Mafia attack mods are taken into account for EB, so the super minis, having no mods, are essentially useless!

Pablo Benassi
04-15-2015, 04:00 AM
Mafia attack mods are taken into account for EB, so the super minis, having no mods, are essentially useless!

and why the damage I make to he boss is less than my attack stats?

Nighteg
04-15-2015, 04:07 AM
As a 250+, last epic took me almost 50 hits to kill a 100. This one will be way easier.

Demolisher VFF Rebels
04-15-2015, 04:36 AM
All I can say is I see more people retiring now than ever the old system wasn't fair but this certainly isn't either . It's just stupid . I know many say get your stats up then complete it but many will just leave and when there's only top teams left they will start to get smaller you only need to look at the top teams TAW had about 15empty seats and SAS1 had 5 for war . Something needed to be changed but I don't think this is the answer I already have several members considering retiring over the constant changes were a T200 team and not many will complete 100kills if any so I'm sure many T500 teams won't complete any syndicate missions let alone 4/5/6 of them .

cynicalmofo
04-15-2015, 05:13 AM
All I can say is I see more people retiring now than ever the old system wasn't fair but this certainly isn't either . It's just stupid . I know many say get your stats up then complete it but many will just leave and when there's only top teams left they will start to get smaller you only need to look at the top teams TAW had about 15empty seats and SAS1 had 5 for war . Something needed to be changed but I don't think this is the answer I already have several members considering retiring over the constant changes were a T200 team and not many will complete 100kills if any so I'm sure many T500 teams won't complete any syndicate missions let alone 4/5/6 of them .

Really?

If all 60 members took 5 hits and stopped until the next daily goal, you wouldn't have an issue. It's people playing for themselves other than the syndicate that will cause issues in these situations. If you won't pay for the 100 kills, play for the syndicate.

Winnson
04-15-2015, 05:53 AM
The epic boss was the last thing to ruin. I guess that's taken care of now.

LOL, so much for being cautiously optimistic when they removed tiers.

There ain't much left to do in this game nowadays. Ah well, it is what it is.

aarondavidsdad
04-15-2015, 06:02 AM
The epic boss was the last thing to ruin. I guess that's taken care of now.

LOL, so much for being cautiously optimistic when they removed tiers.

There ain't much left to do in this game nowadays. Ah well, it is what it is.

There is still one thing the developers haven't ruined. LTBs. If they make the purchase and upgrades gold-only, that would be the final nail for me.

Captain Torgue
04-15-2015, 06:19 AM
The changes they have made to epic boss have been by far a great improvement.

For once minis and free players feel the pain that long time players and gold users have been feeling for a long time.

I bet those of you who are threatening to retire are free players or minis so it's no great loss to Gree.

Max Power
04-15-2015, 07:01 AM

For once minis and free players feel the pain that long time players and gold users have been feeling for a long time.

I bet those of you who are threatening to retire are free players or minis so it's no great loss to Gree.

Kinda agree with this. You knew any changes would bring in a new class of complainers. Saying this is an advantage for higher level players is silly, and even if it was, it would be payback for the multiple previous events where the higher level players were punished.

1. A tiered system that is slanted towards new players having an easy time is not fair.

2. Nobody is "owed" the ability to finish an event for free.

3. Gold sales are what keeps this game alive. If the mini free accounts quit, good for them. Frees up server space for the people who paid their rent. Buh Bye.

4. After the last Boss event, no lower level account has the right to complain. Ever.

Oasis
04-15-2015, 07:03 AM
1. A tiered system that is slanted towards new players having an easy time is not fair.

2. Nobody is "owed" the ability to finish an event for free.

3. Gold sales are what keeps this game alive. If the mini free accounts quit, good for them. Frees up server space for the people who paid their rent. Buh Bye.

4. After the last Boss event, no lower level account has the right to complain. Ever.

-----Agreed!!

TheJess
04-15-2015, 07:48 AM

Seems accurate to say that this event was to swing the pendulum back, in order to help balance out all the imbalance in the previous Epic Boss. The only way to fix this event is to make it so everyone can complete it, not just a few, as in both this round and the previous.

Dipstik
04-15-2015, 08:19 AM
Why on earth do you think everyone should be able to finish? There's got to be a reason to buy gold, you know.

ohlo-00
04-15-2015, 08:44 AM
I did not complete last EB because it was impossoble with lot of gold. Now i think i can do it with some gold. My mini completed last EB in 1 day just for free. I like this new system without tiers. Finaly something for high lvl players. Do something for battle too. My high lvl has much lower average of IP than lower lvl player

Forgot about SA. Do something too. New player mini doesnt need any IPH for SA.

Shisoru
04-15-2015, 08:48 AM
Why on earth do you think everyone should be able to finish? There's got to be a reason to buy gold, you know.

Agreed. However it should be possible for someone to spend gold and have a chance at winning. The majority of current and active players can not finish this event without dropping an entire vault or two. The boss should be scaled to attack stats to give everyone a more equal chance.

Dipstik
04-15-2015, 08:50 AM
I guarantee that anyone can finish by spending enough gold.

Rosie25
04-15-2015, 08:58 AM
I used to love this event but now it's ruined for me I think Gree needs to get their heads out of you no where and find a happy medium for both high and low level players I'm not a gold free player yet this change to epic boss it's making me Definetely consider just giving up on game completely I'm sure if Gree tried they could find a solution for both low and high lvls players issue with boss

fan139
04-15-2015, 09:08 AM
If there is just a base strength surely the games strongest player should be able to finish for free? Which they can but I mean with like 1 hit how the lower levels used to do it not using 5/6 hits.... Few days off cc is always nice tho thanks gree for the break ����

John_Locke
04-15-2015, 09:11 AM
Agreed. However it should be possible for someone to spend gold and have a chance at winning. The majority of current and active players can not finish this event without dropping an entire vault or two. The boss should be scaled to attack stats to give everyone a more equal chance.

That is one of the most ridiculous proposals I have ever heard. What's the point of getting stronger if the game is going to stay exactly the same? And would they make building and upgrade costs fluctuate with your IPH as well?

cc thunder
04-15-2015, 09:43 AM

the way I look at it the epic boss was the only event you could actually complete without using gold. You have to be an extremely frequent player in order to beat it for free but now so much for that, what's the reward for logging in constantly? Free player; gold player whatever.since 2011 I've spent a ridiculous amount of gold on this game, just because I don't spend at the level that I used to doesn't mean that all my past purchases should be thrown out the window

Evan1000
04-15-2015, 09:54 AM

There are certain events that should be completed with gold and some that should be POSSIBLE to complete gold free.. And Epic boss was always one of them.

Epic boss used to be my favorite event for that reason, but now it looks like it'll take gold just to finish the 100.. not to mention speed and legendary goals.

kimberleyj
04-15-2015, 10:11 AM
This game should make you want to get stronger and lvl up. The old style eb most old players either had to spend gold or not finish while newbies and min's finished gold free and it was a walk in the park. It got to a point where people was making mini's just so they can finish eb. new free players or mini's shouldn't be able to gain higher stats than someone that has spent gold over the years. eb got to the point where it was best to be a free player and when you get to a high lvl it was best to just start over.

Nighteg
04-15-2015, 10:19 AM
There are certain events that should be completed with gold and some that should be POSSIBLE to complete gold free.. And Epic boss was always one of them.

Epic boss used to be my favorite event for that reason, but now it looks like it'll take gold just to finish the 100.. not to mention speed and legendary goals.

I wasn't able to finish last EB without gold, but i will finish this one for free.

Vile Lynn
04-15-2015, 10:27 AM

Collect 10 Box Events can be completed gold-free by many.

EB should have never been the gold-free, mini-beast-making-fest that it had become.

Evan, your entitlement is sticking out again.

anirbanthegreat
04-15-2015, 11:20 AM
This EB is worst, wont spend gold for sure, all the randomness and excitment of the game slowly being removed. There must be level attached to the boss health....

Max Power
04-15-2015, 11:38 AM
the way I look at it the epic boss was the only event you could actually complete without using gold. You have to be an extremely frequent player in order to beat it for free but now so much for that, what's the reward for logging in constantly? Free player; gold player whatever.since 2011 I've spent a ridiculous amount of gold on this game, just because I don't spend at the level that I used to doesn't mean that all my past purchases should be thrown out the window

Well think of the new format as a leveling of the playing field for people who have...you know.....a job, maybe?

sister morphine
04-15-2015, 12:34 PM
Well think of the new format as a leveling of the playing field for people who have...you know.....a job, maybe?
Fair enough, but not all jobs pay well enough so someone can drop hundreds here month on month. :)

I'm not fussed about finishing every event, or chasing indy rank in war and SA, but there have to be some instances where it is possible to finish without gold whether that be random good fortune as in RB wrapper and box events, or simply by being active on the game as EB should be. Keeping players at all levels of spending (and none) engaged with the game is surely the good to good player feedback and getting new people in through recommendation from friends. On the other hand if the consensus is that the game is just a money pit, and the company will chew players up and spit them out it's the slow route to death.

Captain Torgue
04-15-2015, 02:20 PM

Good to hear, so sick of free players such as yourself finishing them. It's about time Gree levelled the playing field.

Red BD
04-15-2015, 02:37 PM
This is just an idea, and maybe a lousy one: Maybe, during the course of the week (since they like bringing in cash daily and I don't blame them) they could have limited EBs in which only a range of levels (and/or?) could play.
Just an idea

Evan1000
04-15-2015, 02:39 PM
How bad was the health last time for 250's that 8.8b is nothing?

1Shot
04-15-2015, 02:52 PM
I like that the tier's do not matter, but the health is a bit over the top. Thank you for other feedback ;)

Dipstik
04-15-2015, 03:01 PM
This is just an idea, and maybe a lousy one: Maybe, during the course of the week (since they like bringing in cash daily and I don't blame them) they could have limited EBs in which only a range of levels (and/or?) could play.
Just an idea

If the game is ever designed to discourage people from gaining experience and leveling up (AKA: "Playing the game"), you've got a really bad game on your hands. In order for your idea to have any merit, it would have to be for players Level X OR ABOVE to build. You want incentives to play, not disincentives.

Nighteg
04-15-2015, 03:14 PM
How bad was the health last time for 250's that 8.8b is nothing?

12.5b. With a much lower cash hit.

Evan1000
04-15-2015, 03:16 PM
12.5b. With a much lower cash hit.

.. I'm sorry for ever complaining

Captain Torgue
04-15-2015, 03:29 PM
.. I'm sorry for ever complaining

Apology accepted.

Evan1000
04-15-2015, 03:34 PM
Apology accepted.

I'll still finish for free ;)

PhantomNine
04-15-2015, 04:13 PM
Last EB event it? It took 57 paid hits for me to down the level 100. Was that fair? This lop sided event has been geared in favor of the lower levels for years. Have I enjoyed reading, players bragging that they were only hitting the boss once? This is not the only event we in the higher levels have had to struggle through. Hopefully our struggle's are getting easier and we get a fair chance to compete with everyone. Good job Gree, thank you.

PhantomNine
04-15-2015, 04:26 PM
My level 100 boss's health was 13B (last tier for 251 and over)

Teddy#
04-15-2015, 05:07 PM
I think all the event changes, accomplices and stat inflation are an attempt to both make new players competitive (so they don't think its impossible to get ahead and quit) and also encourage more to buy gold to chase stats to keep up. While players can choose to be gold free or not this is a business and making money is the goal. How can you be fair to everyone when some players are on billions of Attack points and others are just starting out. Gree have been trying to change events to benefit various groups which only ticks off those not in that group in that particular event. EB was for the newbies, the new LTB is for old school IPH players and we now have the Case lucky dip. Not sure what the answer is but also don't think having everyone swim in the same pool is working either.

Dat Guy
04-15-2015, 05:39 PM
Seems accurate to say that this event was to swing the pendulum back, in order to help balance out all the imbalance in the previous Epic Boss.

The pendulum will have swung back and equilibrium restored when I can farm 800 level 100 bosses like some minis did last EB.

starzela
04-15-2015, 09:12 PM
I agree that this epic boss event is way to difficult. I think that they should have made it easier to get to 100, but made it difficult to complete the legendary goal. I think this would have been fair to all players. Either that or bring back the tiered system, but make it easier for the level 200+ players.

HavingFun
04-15-2015, 09:17 PM
I like that the tier's do not matter, but the health is a bit over the top. Thank you for other feedback ;)

You're welcome.

Kitty McPurr
04-15-2015, 09:23 PM
It seems like everyone with stats in the billions complains about it being "too easy for newbies to farm 100s like candy with one free hit.", and all the newer/lower stat players complain about how difficult it is too catch up with everyone having the same Epic Boss health system.

Why haven't they just made the 101,102,103, etc. bosses have increasing health? It seems like an easy fix to adjust the health down for everyone (a little bit), and just add increasing health beyond level 100 to prevent over farming for newbies. Most "huge stat" players could finish and fairly easily, and newbies could also finish (albiet with great timing/ some gold) and none would be able to farm 100s to jump up the stat tiers way too fast.

Just an idea.

Evan1000
04-15-2015, 09:26 PM
There's nothing wrong with farming 100s.. it rewards those who are active.. the only thing wrong with last EB was that only the low levels could farm

Dipstik
04-15-2015, 09:48 PM
There's nothing wrong with farming 100s.. it rewards those who are active.. the only thing wrong with last EB was that only the low levels could farm

Sooooo so wrong.

Evan1000
04-15-2015, 09:51 PM
Sooooo so wrong.

How so? What's wrong with killing a few 100s a day for loot?

Also helps a ton with the syndicate daily goals

Kitty McPurr
04-15-2015, 10:05 PM
Evan the the killing of 500 lvl 100 bosses is exactly the issue we just experienced...it resulted in the mini accounts surpassing their seniors in stats.

Kitty McPurr
04-15-2015, 10:19 PM
the level 100 boss should be (reasonably) attainable by all players, since we do need some newer players to fill in the spots of retiring veterans. Endless farming was the real pickle with the last cycle of EB, that and 250+ player not being able to finish (without many vaults). I think an even playing field can be okay (which is what we are getting now), but it is scaled up a little too much for advancement. If Gree implemented a continously increasing EB health beyond lvl 100 it could help with the complaints.

Furthermore, I think scaled modifiers at certain incriments might also help. Say for example a 1% mod at 50 kills, another 1% at 75 killes, and the finale of 3% at 100 kills. It would serve a couple purposes for Gree and Players...if players were struggling early, they can still shoot for A MODIFIER and possibly spend gold to get 50 killls completed, and much more so for 75 kills, and DIEHARDS (true Bruce Willis style) would push for the 100 kill Mods. 5% mod is a reasonable gimme for top players...but 1% or 2% is an achievement for newer/lower players.

Kitty McPurr
04-15-2015, 10:27 PM
Syndicate goals of 300 kills per day is relatively easy with an active/good stat team...over the event it is only 1800 kills. Perhaps adding an elite mode to syndicate daily goals would be nice. Completing the 300 X 5 still fulfills the indy portion with associated mods. The elite syndicate goals could piggyback the "regular syndicate goals" and be (for example) another 300 in each day.and reward NOT stat gaining mods, but other useful "temporary mods", perhaps 30day income bonuses, or 30day energy/stamina bonuses for the syndicate (non-transferable to individual jumpers.) Either way jumpers kills should only count in the syndicate they are in. Don't disallow jumping, just limit where their kills count.

just an idea...

Evan1000
04-15-2015, 10:42 PM
I know.. I said farming in general isn't bad

It was bad how high levels couldn't when low levels could

Other than that being able to farm 500 bosses should be something to congratulate someone on, that takes persistence

surfinguy369
04-15-2015, 10:47 PM
At least we know who the liberals are on here, the ones expecting everything to be free and not have to be earned!

Evan1000
04-15-2015, 11:00 PM
At least we know who the liberals are on here, the ones expecting everything to be free and not have to be earned!

Anyone that is able to farm 500 bosses deserves 500 loot items.. but it's bad that high levels were deprived the opportunity. High levels should've had the opportunity to farm 500 bosses as well

Dee man/cc
04-15-2015, 11:31 PM
Gree gave us accomplice's to change the game, and get older player's more active to maintain their attack/defense advantages earned by long time gameplay. Then you could buy accomplices in gamepacks to increase your kingpin and accomplices strength.All the accomplices did was make most players upset with the MAJOR change in gameplay that went over like a lead balloon. OUT WITH ACCOMPLICES.
Gree then gave us HUGE raid boss strength increase because to many groups were completing epic portion of event by use of jumpers to complete the event, which meant mid level group's couldn't finish the normal level raid boss unless they also used jumpers. MORE COMPLAINT'S.
Gree then gives us HUGE weapons power boost to try to fix the increase in raid boss strength instead of backing off the raid boss strength screwup Now we have mini monsters with 400+m attack/defense which has upset many players. My main avatar has increased strength by about 200% in last month, and my mini by 400% from their levels before the weapons power boost.
I loved the game because you didn't have to play to try to be a top 10 or 100 or 250 group to have fun with it. Now everything is so twisted up with the constantly changing game environment, it's becoming difficult to have fun. I'm not a fan of all the MAJOR changes that have happened because they should have been incremental, not instantaneous. I'm going to keep playing the game, but I hope we can get the balance back, even if imperfect, that the game had before all the change's in the last several months.

sister morphine
04-16-2015, 12:33 AM
That is so laughable its not true. Farming, whether one agrees with it or not, requires a large investment of time so hardly "free".

Try leaving the ridiculous political analogies at the door next time.

Odice4
04-16-2015, 01:47 AM
Well said!!!!!!!!

Captain Torgue
04-16-2015, 02:30 AM
That is so laughable its not true. Farming, whether one agrees with it or not, requires a large investment of time so hardly "free".

Try leaving the ridiculous political analogies at the door next time.

Spoken like a true hippy, go save the rainforest or recycle your sandals or whatever else it is you hippies do.

sister morphine
04-16-2015, 02:48 AM
Spoken like a true hippy, go save the rainforest or recycle your sandals or whatever else it is you hippies do.
With no rainforests everything would die of asphyxiation. Suck it up capitalist running dogs! ;)

Blaggard
04-16-2015, 04:51 AM

There is everything wrong with farming...just like farming the box event currently on.

Max Power
04-16-2015, 06:39 AM
Fair enough, but not all jobs pay well enough so someone can drop hundreds here month on month. :)

I was referencing time commitment, not financial ones, actually. Between logging on hourly to try and finish free, logging into chat apps to talk about game apps, and coming to the forum, I wonder if people have time for anything else in their lives.

Max Power
04-16-2015, 06:43 AM

Troll level: Beginner.

Oasis
04-16-2015, 06:45 AM
I wonder if people have time for anything else in their lives.

Not that I proud of it, but my social and personal life have suffered greatly because of this game… But, I’m too addicted to put it down…

TheJess
04-16-2015, 07:14 AM
Not that I proud of it, but my social and personal life have suffered greatly because of this game… But, I’m too addicted to put it down…

If that's true, do you want to get back your social, personal life? If yes, try timer approach - no more than 30 min/ day. You'll also need a new syn.

Max Power
04-16-2015, 10:21 AM
If that's true, do you want to get back your social, personal life? If yes, try timer approach - no more than 30 min/ day. You'll also need a new syn.

This is what I did. Created my own syn, got a timer, and thoroughly enjoy being completely pathetic in this game. Timer goes off while out with friends? Ignore.

Life is more important than this crap. Just found out ten minutes ago that an old colleague of mine dropped dead of a heart attack in his hotel room while at a convention last night. He sent me a selfie of himself grinning ear to ear just yesterday while at the show. Puts all this stuff in perspective. People here complaining about difficulty of a make believe event and this guy is on a slab.

Oasis
04-16-2015, 11:10 AM
Sorry to hear that Max!

BrisingrBoss
04-16-2015, 11:20 AM
guys you are looking at this wrong... epic boss is now what it was always supposed to be. people that managed to play hard and increase their stats are supposed to little by little be able to get further in the boss.

now for those complaining about the box event stats increase... at least now gree can make money off of the stat increase. buy a vault of gold gain a billion or more in stats, this gain will help you get further in boss. gree makes their money, those who paid get their stats increase. anyone can gain stats regardless of level, for boss or lock box. if one vault wasn't enough to get you far enough in boss, buy another open more boxes and so on... gree keeps making their money, and players who can afford it get a major stat increase. last boss event a bunch of FREE players got stats for just being low levels and killing over and over. now at least gree can make sure your level doesn't matter, you will; kill bosses based on your own stats.

[]GoD[] Foxy
04-16-2015, 11:24 AM
Put the tiers back in but have tiered rewards. Minis can farm the hell out of 100's for 200-300k items with a 500k wrapper. older more established accounts will have to work hard for their 700k + legendary items and have a 2.5mill wrapper. (I made these numbers up but as long as it is a fair tiering of rewards then whatever number works)
Makes the event relevant for all level of player whilst (potentially) keeping everyone happy. Gives the minis a reason to level up if they want to try for the larger rewards.
It's really not rocket science.

Evan1000
04-16-2015, 12:05 PM
There is everything wrong with farming...just like farming the box event currently on.

Again, what's wrong with that?

Stat inflation is what's wrong, right?

Guess we gotta make every other prize for war not stack now, because of stat inflation, and because people are being rewarded for activity instead of gold spendage.

sister morphine
04-16-2015, 02:44 PM
I was referencing time commitment, not financial ones, actually. Between logging on hourly to try and finish free, logging into chat apps to talk about game apps, and coming to the forum, I wonder if people have time for anything else in their lives.
Ah, ok. Does depend on the job I guess. A guy in my MW faction was knocking down 350 bosses a day in recent EB event there. His job allowed him to leave the game open on his desk with a two minute timer. Only interruptions were if he had to take a call. Nice if you can get it, but I'm not sure I could stand doing that all day even if..... :p

ImmaBoss
04-16-2015, 09:32 PM
EB now ruined.. Gree sucks and is money happy. Before I could complete event and defeat with 3 cash hits. Now 3 cash hits on level 50 wtf. I could free hit the boss til level 85 now 2 free hits at level 25, your game is broken and you can't fix or get s*** right. You take away the strategy some of us have and make it harder for us little guys. Well all I can say from here on out is

GOODBYE. Retired!!

Dipstik
04-16-2015, 09:40 PM
Your strategy for playing the game is... not playing the game?

https://sp.yimg.com/ib/th?id=JN.WRXPU%2bc8tq3%2bv6Iv0%2fH9xQ&pid=15.1&P=0

Green Drake
04-17-2015, 04:41 AM
Again, what's wrong with that?

Stat inflation is what's wrong, right?

Guess we gotta make every other prize for war not stack now, because of stat inflation, and because people are being rewarded for activity instead of gold spendage.

You just don't get it Evan....at all. I see members here trying to explain this to you and they might as well bang their heads against a wall.

Evan1000
04-17-2015, 06:25 AM
You just don't get it Evan....at all. I see members here trying to explain this to you and they might as well bang their heads against a wall.

I get it completely, but here's the point I'm trying to make..

..it's a game

sister morphine
04-17-2015, 06:47 AM

..it's a game
A game should still have the same rules for all players, yes? It shouldn't be made harder for those who've been around for a while. That would be like making a chess grand master start without a queen. In order to get one they'd need to move a pawn right across the board.

Evan1000
04-17-2015, 06:50 AM
A game should still have the same rules for all players, yes? It shouldn't be made harder for those who've been around for a while. That would be like making a chess grand master start without a queen. In order to get one they'd need to move a pawn right across the board.

I didn't say anything about that, I agree that the tiers for the higher levels were utterly insane and was extremely unfair to a majority of players.

All I said was farming in general isn't bad.. as long as it's the same for everyone

Green Drake
04-17-2015, 06:55 AM

..it's a game
That is a convenient argument that you throw out now because it is easy. Yet you are the one that constantly posts new threads whining about modifiers not stacking, war prizes etc etc.
i always gave you a pass here due to your stated youth.....now I am questioning if that is the actual reason.

cynicalmofo
04-17-2015, 07:06 AM
That is a convenient argument that you throw out now because it is easy. Yet you are the one that constantly posts new threads whining about modifiers not stacking, war prizes etc etc.
i always gave you a pass here due to your stated youth.....now I am questioning if that is the actual reason.

Are you suggesting retardation?

Winnson
04-17-2015, 07:33 AM
I prefer the term developmentally disabled.

Max Power
04-17-2015, 07:55 AM

This. Exactly this.

And while it is "just a game", many have spent thousands trying to compete in it, so they have a lot more skin in the game. If I were Evan, I wouldn't be so dismissive, even when it is the only convenient response. Especially from a guy that completely lost his mind when a tier 8 prize was deemed more valuable than a tier 7 prize.

Dipstik
04-17-2015, 08:34 AM
Games also need goals and obstacles to overcome. Everything shouldn't be free.

Evan1000
04-17-2015, 10:50 AM
This. Exactly this.

And while it is "just a game", many have spent thousands trying to compete in it, so they have a lot more skin in the game. If I were Evan, I wouldn't be so dismissive, even when it is the only convenient response. Especially from a guy that completely lost his mind when a tier 8 prize was deemed more valuable than a tier 7 prize.

You act like I'm the only hypocrite here

Evan1000
04-17-2015, 10:55 AM

Do you agree that prizes shouldn't stack?

If so then I'm sorry for complaining..

Green Drake
04-17-2015, 11:02 AM
You can't possibly be this dense. It is unfathomable.
You know what. My mistake. I will join the rest of the posters bouncing my noggin against my office wall

Kid T
04-17-2015, 11:47 AM
The problem with this change is that there used to be events for everyone. EB favored lower levels, RB and LTQ's tended to favor higher level accounts, and SA was the egalitarian event that favored no one. For each event, gold spenders could "spend" their way out of difficulty.

Gold spenders pay to keep the game running - so providing some level of advantage should be expected and understood by the whole community (unless you're a damn commie!). That being said, if free players can't be put in a position to feel they can be competitive, they will quit the game so there will only be enough players to fill 200 or so syndicates - and where's the fun in that?

Developers should revisit the original elements of this game and consider ways to make things reasonably equitable for all players. This doesn't mean that new accounts can become stronger (raw stat wise) in one eb event than established accounts (especially gold spending ones). It also means that they should alienate loyal, long-term players by changing events so much that they can't be enjoyed anymore (PVP, RB, EB...and the list goes on to include just about every event). I'm certainly not against change, but most of the changes that have been made certainly don't add to the fun of the game. Adding accomplices was a bad idea that no one asked for (though i will give credit where it's due by adding SA, which is fun....when it's working properly).

In summary: scale back the overlapping events, this game is becoming too much of a chore to have fun. When you launch an event, do your best to make sure it's bug free. If you find a bug in the event, don't keep it on the schedule til the bugs are fixed. Consider the original element of different events for different types of players (but not so easy for any one group that they can earn a significant edge in game play).

CatDor
04-17-2015, 12:12 PM
Kid T you're right in some ways but wrong in soooo many more. As a level 230 character why would I want an advantage to an ltq??? Not one item is worth the time or effort! Rb favors those minis that got in on the last eb that were able to not only do 100 bosses and all legendary goals but 500 more after farming great items that my 230 character couldn't even achieve 60 of without mass amounts of gold. Are there too many events? YES!! Does gree have to not only engage new players as well as veteran players? YES but there literally has to be a better way, that can balance the game better for all players.

sister morphine
04-17-2015, 02:03 PM
Kid T you're right in some ways but wrong in soooo many more. As a level 230 character why would I want an advantage to an ltq??? Not one item is worth the time or effort! Rb favors those minis that got in on the last eb that were able to not only do 100 bosses and all legendary goals but 500 more after farming great items that my 230 character couldn't even achieve 60 of without mass amounts of gold. Are there too many events? YES!! Does gree have to not only engage new players as well as veteran players? YES but there literally has to be a better way, that can balance the game better for all players.
Absolutely. Spending gold used to be a means to an end - you spent some to circumvent time restrictions to complete events -but a player who put the time in could get close enough to finishing that a smaller amount of gold would let them get across the line. So it was about time management principally.

At some stage the Gree suits decided it should be the end in itself. Without spending, and spending increasingly large amounts a player couldn't begin to get close to finishing. The inevitable result was lots of players simply stopped doing certain events.

Vile Lynn
04-17-2015, 02:09 PM
Absolutely. Spending gold used to be a means to an end - you spent some to circumvent time restrictions to complete events -but a player who put the time in could get close enough to finishing that a smaller amount of gold would let them get across the line. So it was about time management principally.

At some stage the Gree suits decided it should be the end in itself. Without spending, and spending increasingly large amounts a player couldn't begin to get close to finishing. The inevitable result was lots of players simply stopped doing certain events.

So true! Well said!