PDA

View Full Version : FL

Preacher Wolf
04-12-2015, 08:17 PM
I am really surprised that during this fl i have not ran into any problems. I Know that its not over yet and that we have had a lot of problems with the last couple of hours of the past couple of fl's but as of right now i have not heard of any complaints with how fl is running for everyone. Great Job on fl this weekend gree. This is a step in the right direction and hopefully this is a sign of great things to come from you

groovy shags
04-13-2015, 05:05 AM
I am really surprised that during this fl i have not ran into any problems. I Know that its not over yet and that we have had a lot of problems with the last couple of hours of the past couple of fl's but as of right now i have not heard of any complaints with how fl is running for everyone. Great Job on fl this weekend gree. This is a step in the right direction and hopefully this is a sign of great things to come from you

Guaranteed the usual lockout will come for droid users in the final hour of frontline! So be sure to plan your last battle before the final hour! Let the complaints roll in afterwards!

Preacher Wolf
04-13-2015, 05:56 AM
we have already made sure we made the rank we are going after. we don't want to take the chance of half of our faction being locked out again. But usually we already have a lot of post on all the problems people are having during fl, so even if people get locked out at the end gree still did better than they have in the past.

Paisthecoolest
04-13-2015, 10:12 AM
How about the globe timer and the icon timer being one hour off? Does that count as a problem?

Rolinz
04-13-2015, 10:22 AM
notice the increase in LAG as the event nears the end?

Big John
04-13-2015, 11:00 AM
Close but no cigar.

good gawd noooo
04-13-2015, 11:04 AM
wll the droid lockout of for deploys DID HAPPEN AGAIN>> lluckily this time I had enough time to (or brains) to plan ahead and the apple device I bought after last fl(there not locked out and that's 400 us gree isn't getting )I was actually able to deploy all I intended on. unfortunately members of my team on droid were not still we ended ona 4 node win not bad... but big surprise gree hasn't bothered fixing yet another known and repeated glitch in their lousy programming/servers.. bug surprise that gree continues to let problems continue without any apologies or attempt at fixing them

Brandon Barber
04-13-2015, 11:16 AM
Locked out lost out on 9m, Lost 700th place reward and 800th and now I only got 1 reward.....nothing behind me and no faction rewards

Relic
04-13-2015, 11:28 AM
Hey there,

I asked the team about this, and Android users should be able to get into the game now and participate in FL. My apologies that this occurred yet again, the team is working on ensuring this won't happen again in the future.

good gawd noooo
04-13-2015, 11:36 AM
Hey there,

I asked the team about this, and Android users should be able to get into the game now and participate in FL. My apologies that this occurred yet again, the team is working on ensuring this won't happen again in the future.

ok well your response was after fl ended as I posted right after it was over(the event not just our war). I hope you mean that in the future this will not be a problem. My players on my team are friends with many other factions and so far what we have heard is at least in this event it was just as bad as last time. We can log in that isn't the issue relic. The real issue is when we deploy the don't actually go out it lags then they show back up the the number of deploys and nothing goes out so our efforts are wasted. Yes all ids were able to get into game even watch the battle.

so just to clarify and I apologise in advance if this comes across as I think your stupid cause I don't. however I want to make it clear.
1.) android users CAN log in and see the war
2.)you attempt to deploy it lags (ie you have 250 and tap to deploy 50)
3.) when lag ends it show 0 deploys pending but your amount of deploys rest to 250
4.) this happens over and over..you can check faction chat to reaffirm connection
5.)collect cash do everything you always can that shows connected
6.)go back and try again exactly same thing happens

so relic again not trying to question you intellect at all as I know you simply report back what your told.. however this issue is currently NOT fixed

good gawd noooo
04-13-2015, 11:45 AM
Hey there,

and seriously relic do you play mw?? I know you mean nothing by it but it seriously bugs me that you posted this after event has ended with you can NOW participate in fl.. how can you participate in an event that's over?? and how can you not realize its over before you posted?? Again no disrespect I simply point this out so you can see how some might read that and think.. "if he doesn't know when events end how he gonna know anything ". sorry if this appear I am picking you you NOT the intent. simply trying to point out you might want to check accuracy before you post

Brandon Barber
04-13-2015, 12:04 PM
take your **** back to cc, no one cares what you have to say

Brandon Barber
04-13-2015, 12:05 PM
and not only was the event over, it was 30 minutes past closing when relic posted that, get a clue people this team is full of **** and dont care about this game

Bolt
04-13-2015, 12:38 PM
ok well your response was after fl ended as I posted right after it was over(the event not just our war). I hope you mean that in the future this will not be a problem. My players on my team are friends with many other factions and so far what we have heard is at least in this event it was just as bad as last time. We can log in that isn't the issue relic. The real issue is when we deploy the don't actually go out it lags then they show back up the the number of deploys and nothing goes out so our efforts are wasted. Yes all ids were able to get into game even watch the battle.

so just to clarify and I apologise in advance if this comes across as I think your stupid cause I don't. however I want to make it clear.
1.) android users CAN log in and see the war
3.) when lag ends it show 0 deploys pending but your amount of deploys rest to 250
4.) this happens over and over..you can check faction chat to reaffirm connection

so relic again not trying to question you intellect at all as I know you simply report back what your told.. however this issue is currently NOT fixed

Sorry for the trouble, we were not able to respond on time during the event. I'm going to jump in as Relic got dragged in several different directions. Let me get some additional details from you so we can understand this issue clearly and forward it to the team:

From what I've been told, there is an intentional, approximately 10 second delay on unit deploys to prevent the server from overloading from thousands of units being loaded up simultaneously. This might be what you see every time you play FL (however that does not explain the rest of the problem).

Are you seeing the units reset all throughout the event or just towards the end of the event? Because of the 10 second delay, units deployed right at the very end might not make it and instead get 'rejected' (it might be more than 10 seconds that it rejects too). If you are seeing this issue from the beginning of the event that is something that needs to be investigated and fixed.

You said many but not all on your faction saw this issue? and that this has happened before? If you could point me to previous threads or a support ticket number related to this it will help with the investigation. Thank you for your help.

Modern War Forum GF
04-13-2015, 12:48 PM
On 6 accounts tried to deploy last 20 mins of event... Each and every deploy I tried was pending for 30 secs then got rejected.

Tried for entire 20 mins and only got a whooping 2 deploys to register out of 6000 I tapped during those 20 mins

My 2 cents .. THE servers just cant handle last hr of FL when all teams deploy like crazy. Hence a fix in code won't help, bandwith on server Will ( but that aint cheap )

Bolt
04-13-2015, 12:54 PM
On 6 accounts tried to deploy last 20 mins of event... Each and every deploy I tried was pending for 30 secs then got rejected.

Tried for entire 20 mins and only got a whooping 2 deploys to register out of 6000 I tapped during those 20 mins

My 2 cents .. THE servers just cant handle last hr of FL when all teams deploy like crazy. Hence a fix in code won't help, bandwith on server Will ( but that aint cheap )

Thank you, this information is helpful. Is this happening on iOS or just Android devices? If anyone else can share how much time was left when they noticed the issue this will be helpful.

Modern War Forum GF
04-13-2015, 01:15 PM
Thank you, this information is helpful. Is this happening on iOS or just Android devices? If anyone else can share how much time was left when they noticed this issue this will be helpful.

My accounts are on android, and issue started around 40mins left on event.

Friends in faction, on both droid and IOS had issues login on MW, IOS that got in did manage deploy more, droid that got in couldnt deploy

units42
04-13-2015, 01:17 PM
Thank you, this information is helpful. Is this happening on iOS or just Android devices? If anyone else can share how much time was left when they noticed this issue this will be helpful.

This is junk. I have all the screen shots of the server error with the time remaining in the back round and the site can't upload a measly 188kb pic

Bolt
04-13-2015, 01:31 PM
This is junk. I have all the screen shots of the server error with the time remaining in the back round and the site can't upload a measly 188kb pic

You could load the image to a free image sharing site and Private Message me the link (or share it here).

sstuutss
04-13-2015, 01:53 PM

19.5kb lol

units42
04-13-2015, 01:57 PM
You could load the image to a free image sharing site and Private Message me the link (or share it here).
Ticket #2369672. Has pic there

Warrior Soul
04-13-2015, 03:10 PM
On your first explanation about lag and reset of deployment numbers we started with 50 mins of event left to run,I deployed all 250 deployments on 1 account,at same time my second account on separate device tried to deploy but constantly reset. After 5 mins both deploys were back at 250 and game froze. I was then locked out of game untill this event had finished. Costing my main account a top 200 individual finish and as half my team were also locked out we dropped from inside 200 to 230 finish losing any possible bonus thanks to your new rewards system that is just increasing the gap between top teams and those of us trying to get to the top. all on android were locked out from about 50 mins to go.
my id is: 346-158-908 Warrior
faction id: 853112545 Unite to Fight
I was assured last event that you will investigate and offer some form of compensation but nothing ever happened, this is third time and msny in my team are now fefusing yo take part in what was the best feature in the game.

GI Janers
04-13-2015, 03:36 PM
Im an android user, 2 accounts, separate devices....when I checked, we had 36 minutes left in this FL event. I attempted to log in to get rid of a few last deploys. I was locked out of both devices. Game would not load at all. I tried multiple times to log in, but could not. IOS players in my faction were able to participate in one last war. Not me, or any other android users in my Faction.

tigerlion
04-13-2015, 03:39 PM
Bolt, all Android accounts got locked-out in last hour if you didn't get in before. If by chance you got in, you couldn't deploy. Happened in last 3 FL, if I remember. Not a 1 time thing. Those lock-out for Android also happened at end of some WD, and other events i can't remember. Gree are aware of those problems for a long time but can't seem to fix it or don't care. I'm sorry Bolt, pure incompetence

johnnybravoo77
04-13-2015, 04:20 PM
Heres a great flippin idea....go buy a trac phone and download a game called "Modern War". Create a faction, and attempt to play. Youll find out how many bugs there are....

good gawd noooo
04-13-2015, 05:01 PM
Sorry for the trouble, we were not able to respond on time during the event. I'm going to jump in as Relic got dragged in several different directions. Let me get some additional details from you so we can understand this issue clearly and forward it to the team:

From what I've been told, there is an intentional, approximately 10 second delay on unit deploys to prevent the server from overloading from thousands of units being loaded up simultaneously. This might be what you see every time you play FL (however that does not explain the rest of the problem).

Are you seeing the units reset all throughout the event or just towards the end of the event? Because of the 10 second delay, units deployed right at the very end might not make it and instead get 'rejected' (it might be more than 10 seconds that it rejects too). If you are seeing this issue from the beginning of the event that is something that needs to be investigated and fixed.

You said many but not all on your faction saw this issue? and that this has happened before? If you could point me to previous threads or a support ticket number related to this it will help with the investigation. Thank you for your help.
most of my team been threw this several times all droid users had the issue those they didn't were apple users. in prep for this event and due to couple other droid/gree programming conflicts I actually purchased an ipad so for me I used that device to get my deploys out anyway. pain in butt since I run 3 ids but it worked. what I was stating is that most of the other factions we(our team) talk to reported same issue. and most important so I will cap it.. FL WORKS FINE ON DROIDS TIL THE VERY LAST EVENT AND ONLY YOUR LAST BATTLE BEFORE END OF EVENT IS THIS AN ISSUE. as for tickets my team hasn't bothered since first one because the replies in email rarely match the issue and they NEVER retified or even responded like the team had a clue. no rewards given no explanation so why bother. that is MY sentiment as well as my teams due to previous interaction with gree. As for threads that should be easy for you to trace. check back on the ending dates of the previous 3 fls and you will find almost as many posts as this event has.as for ten second delay well I didn't time it but on last deploy the delays seems more like 20 seconds(hence the mention of lagging). so that could be a side your team investigates. I do thank you for actually replying this IS THE BEST CUSTOMER SERVOCE WE HAVE RECEIVED so far.. hoping your able to correct this in future .. please feel free to message me directly and I can put you in touch with the 24 other members on my team using droid that this affects

good gawd noooo
04-13-2015, 05:08 PM
Thank you, this information is helpful. Is this happening on iOS or just Android devices? If anyone else can share how much time was left when they noticed the issue this will be helpful.

as stated before if droid attempts t deploy all at very beginning a few MIGHT deploy however majority of time the lag(delay you mention x2 or 3) the then your amount of deploys reset to previous balance . This is bad from the beginning but only gets worse as last battle progresses.. which is why it is problably server based however is weird since apple users can work just fine unless they connect on different server the droid does

Papi
04-13-2015, 06:04 PM
Every droid player in my faction got a "cannot connect to server" the last hour of the event. Tickets were sent and I'm sure they won't even be read. So please don't placate us with all the "I let our devs know and it's being fixed" BS. Once again it is the players responsibility to adjust to your incompetence as a mobile gaming company. And as always...Thanks for our continued inconvenience. Sycophants need not address this response.

Danger Mouse
04-13-2015, 07:36 PM
Can someone please name one other (non-Gree) game where players have to deliberately make allowances and change the way they play the game to cover for the fact that the game is broken, continuously remains broken, and is likely to stay broken?
-
Just one?
-
No? Then why do it here?

Helios Von Elisar
04-13-2015, 08:20 PM
A simple fix - a Deploy All button so the servers don't have to register 250 taps from every player. Bandwidth reduced, problem solved. Where do I send my invoice...

good gawd noooo
04-13-2015, 08:42 PM
A simple fix - a Deploy All button so the servers don't have to register 250 taps from every player. Bandwidth reduced, problem solved. Where do I send my invoice...

while actually a good option I personally rarely deploy all to same node.. I am sure majority deploy some and hold to cover nodes other teams may attack.. so the tapping will have to stay for majority but I do think a deploy all would make things more interesting as 3 people tapping deploy all in last 30 seconds of a match can actually turn the tide on a node.. so would make for more dramatic endings to many battles.. 750 quickly dropped on a node that has seen trickles well can give a team a decisive advantage if figured into strategy

Mr P
04-14-2015, 01:16 AM
I deployed units in the final hour and all looked good. There were no deploys pending and deploy bar was empty. I purchased 2 refills and as server updated it took my gold then rejected the 45 deploys it had already shown as gone. Left me sat there with 95 deploys and refused to deploy them on any node with 5 mins of that battle left. I declared at the end with 36 mins left for the event but couldn't connect to server so tried to restart and couldn't even load the game. Yet on news feed after the event it showed that I had declared. So
i'm out 50 gold and lost ranking again. Why can server register gold usage but not deploys?

Danger Mouse
04-14-2015, 01:28 AM
Why can server register gold usage but not deploys?

That is of course a rhetorical question, right?

ezmunie
04-14-2015, 07:28 AM
I use both iOS and Android. No problem with my Android deploying units in Frontline.

The only problem I have with Frontline is lagging and freezing up on my iPad while a war is going on. In the last 3 mins, I can't deploy units, the timer stops and the war is over. If I close the window to the war, the lagging and freezing is still happening.

tigerlion
04-14-2015, 08:50 AM
I use both iOS and Android. No problem with my Android deploying units in Frontline.

The only problem I have with Frontline is lagging and freezing up on my iPad while a war is going on. In the last 3 mins, I can't deploy units, the timer stops and the war is over. If I close the window to the war, the lagging and freezing is still happening.

No problem with Android? You obviously were not in a battle in last hour of last FL. All my 3 Android accounts couldn't get in and was same for all Android members on our faction.

Bolt
04-14-2015, 09:37 AM
most of my team been threw this several times all droid users had the issue those they didn't were apple users. in prep for this event and due to couple other droid/gree programming conflicts I actually purchased an ipad so for me I used that device to get my deploys out anyway. pain in butt since I run 3 ids but it worked. what I was stating is that most of the other factions we(our team) talk to reported same issue. and most important so I will cap it.. FL WORKS FINE ON DROIDS TIL THE VERY LAST EVENT AND ONLY YOUR LAST BATTLE BEFORE END OF EVENT IS THIS AN ISSUE. as for tickets my team hasn't bothered since first one because the replies in email rarely match the issue and they NEVER retified or even responded like the team had a clue. no rewards given no explanation so why bother. that is MY sentiment as well as my teams due to previous interaction with gree. As for threads that should be easy for you to trace. check back on the ending dates of the previous 3 fls and you will find almost as many posts as this event has.as for ten second delay well I didn't time it but on last deploy the delays seems more like 20 seconds(hence the mention of lagging). so that could be a side your team investigates. I do thank you for actually replying this IS THE BEST CUSTOMER SERVOCE WE HAVE RECEIVED so far.. hoping your able to correct this in future .. please feel free to message me directly and I can put you in touch with the 24 other members on my team using droid that this affects

This is very good, very detailed information, thank you. I'll make sure the team has a clear picture of what the issue is so they can work on a comprehensive solution. Once I have more information I'll give you an update, no ETA on that right now though.

ezmunie
04-14-2015, 10:17 AM
No problem with Android? You obviously were not in a battle in last hour of last FL. All my 3 Android accounts couldn't get in and was same for all Android members on our faction.

Actually I was in a battle in the last hour of the last war in FL. Still, I had no problem with my Android.

J-manKometh96
04-14-2015, 12:19 PM
Very good Bolt. Now that you've given the devs a clear picture, you can soon officially tell us they are aware of the issue and are working on a fix, THEY can officially ignore it, you can officially ignore us regarding it since we will never hear any meaningful update on this issue, and when the next FL rolls around nothing will have changed.

Ozymandias
04-14-2015, 01:18 PM
Very good Bolt. Now that you've given the devs a clear picture, you can soon officially tell us they are aware of the issue and are working on a fix, THEY can officially ignore it, you can officially ignore us regarding it since we will never hear any meaningful update on this issue, and when the next FL rolls around nothing will have changed.

Give the man a chance!!

ju100
04-14-2015, 01:29 PM
Actually I was in a battle in the last hour of the last war in FL. Still, I had no problem with my Android.

Weird, it impacted all the droids I know of, on the last half hour... You must have a special version... Beta? not up to date?

Pidgeot
04-14-2015, 01:56 PM
Weird, it impacted all the droids I know of, on the last half hour... You must have a special version... Beta? not up to date?

Jesus may have touched his device.

J-manKometh96
04-14-2015, 02:00 PM
Give the man a chance!!
That wasn't descriptive of Bolt specifically, just GREE in general. However I beg they prove me wrong.

Bolt
04-14-2015, 04:41 PM
I have been told that a fix for this issue is top priority right now and will be completed before the next Frontline and Street Assault events. I will update you if I learn anything new.

GrimAmoeba
04-14-2015, 05:37 PM
I have been told that a fix for this issue is top priority right now and will be completed before the next Frontline and Street Assault events. I will update you if I learn anything new.

Im sure it will be fixed the Gree way

Ozymandias
04-14-2015, 10:22 PM

That's good to hear. Were the developers really not aware this was an issue?

Danger Mouse
04-14-2015, 10:40 PM
That's good to hear. Were the developers really not aware this was an issue?

I'm sure that this also is a rhetorical question, right?

groovy shags
04-14-2015, 10:47 PM

This issue will not be addressed until the end of the nest frontline event. Same as the last 3 events. About 30/45 minutes after it has finished. Then they will say it's magically resolved! The game is functioning properly. lol