Level 25
#Mafia - 42
#Weapons - 277
#Armor - 104
Attack - 709
Defense - 803
$$$/Hour -$ 4724
No gold items or buildings

1. Are my stats good for my level? I have no idea, but i'm only comparing it to other rivals and i seem to win 99.9% of my fights. (people i fight are level 25 with 38 to 60 mafia)

2. Isn't it possible to have way too many mafia members for your level? My thought is to have a "proper" sized mafia, meaning i can actually support it with the proper gear to win battles. There is no point in having 1000 mafia at my level if i can't get 1000 cars or 1000 guns....Right or Wrong?

3. Is my understanding correct here.....Since i have 42 mafia members, the game selects the best 42 guns, 42 melee weapons, 42 cars, and 42 armor items i have to go into battle with, or defend with.
The game bases the "best" on the item level, therefore higher level items take precedence over lower level. Which explains why even though i have 20 base ball bats or 100 brass knuckles, they are NEVER used anymore in battle.

4. I keep seeing TONS of people at my level who have no cars when they battle. Am i wrong here? Shouldn't you have 1 car for every mafia member? I mean the game "hint" clearly said each mafia member can hold 1 gun, 1 melee weapon, 1 armor and 1 car.....one could assume that would mean you need cars to be successful at the game.

Thanks!

KronicK
10-20-2011, 07:51 AM
First let me start off by giving my stats:

Duke
Level 25
#Mafia - 42
#Weapons - 277
#Armor - 104
Attack - 709
Defense - 803
$$$/Hour -$ 4724
No gold items or buildings

1. Are my stats good for my level? I have no idea, but i'm only comparing it to other rivals and i seem to win 99.9% of my fights. (people i fight are level 25 with 38 to 60 mafia)

2. Isn't it possible to have way too many mafia members for your level? My thought is to have a "proper" sized mafia, meaning i can actually support it with the proper gear to win battles. There is no point in having 1000 mafia at my level if i can't get 1000 cars or 1000 guns....Right or Wrong?

3. Is my understanding correct here.....Since i have 42 mafia members, the game selects the best 42 guns, 42 melee weapons, 42 cars, and 42 armor items i have to go into battle with, or defend with.
The game bases the "best" on the item level, therefore higher level items take precedence over lower level. Which explains why even though i have 20 base ball bats or 100 brass knuckles, they are NEVER used anymore in battle.

4. I keep seeing TONS of people at my level who have no cars when they battle. Am i wrong here? Shouldn't you have 1 car for every mafia member? I mean the game "hint" clearly said each mafia member can hold 1 gun, 1 melee weapon, 1 armor and 1 car.....one could assume that would mean you need cars to be successful at the game.

Thanks!
damn, thats a lot of questions to be answered man:
1:all I have to tell you is the fun is just begin, enjoy the "99.99"% while you can. you are at lvl 25 you should have 125 mafia member, I will add a topic full of code for you later! each lvl up, you should add another 5 mafia and so on until you reach lvl 100!
2: you got that right!
3: the game automatically select the best weapon for you, each mafia can equip 1 gun 1 melee, 1 armor and 1 car, so you got to do the basic math yourself. at your lvl you should have 125 mafia members so 125 guns, 125 melees, 125 armors and 125 cars.
4: in this game, cars is very expensive and valuable , they might and might not have any car, on the list after you fight with rival, it will shows what weapons have been used, sometimes, if there are too many equipments used, the list will not have enough space to show but it is there!
If you dont understand any of my explanation, just reply and I will help you out!

Duke.0
10-20-2011, 08:03 AM
I should have 125 mafia? aka 5 x the level i am = # of mafia members

I just added up my inventory:

Guns = 168 items
Armor = 104 items
Melee = 113 items
Cars = 34

I need a ton more cars and armor items to support 125 mafia if i get that many at this level.
Thanks for your help!

KronicK
10-20-2011, 08:39 AM
dont worry, 99.99% players are not enough cars

Duke.0
10-20-2011, 08:45 AM
really? Should i not be bothering spending money/respect points on cars then? Are they useless? Or just overlooked by a lot of players?

Popeye The Sailor Man
10-20-2011, 09:05 AM
Overlooked I never lose fights I have maximum cars for mafia, I often have over 100 more equipment used in a fight compared to people my level

Max Power
10-20-2011, 09:08 AM
I feel it's best to spend respect points on cars, because the cash value is so damn high. Most people don't choose to afford cars, so they don't have enough.

whocareswhatmynameis
10-20-2011, 09:50 AM

At level 25, you can have a maximum number of 125 mafia size. But the prudent strategy is to keep the "proper" sized mafia as you aptly put it. You should go up on your mafia size only after equipping existing mafia with the best weapons in all categories (preferably respect weapons) . That way, you will always be the strongest player for your level and mafia size.

Duke.0
10-20-2011, 10:35 AM
ok so hypothetically, if i just farmed respect and wanted to equip the "best" items for my 45 mafia members, i should get....
45 tommy guns
45 combat boots
45 mustangs
45 Colombian knife

however this cannot be true, because some loot items have better stats then the respect items. Example, Bullseye Sniper Rifle has 11/8 compared to the Tommy Gun 10/6.
But i see your point, fully equip your mafia with the best items you can afford, then expand your mafia.
Thanks!

Ghost818
10-20-2011, 12:25 PM
ok so hypothetically, if i just farmed respect and wanted to equip the "best" items for my 45 mafia members, i should get....
45 tommy guns
45 combat boots
45 mustangs
45 Colombian knife

however this cannot be true, because some loot items have better stats then the respect items. Example, Bullseye Sniper Rifle has 11/8 compared to the Tommy Gun 10/6.
But i see your point, fully equip your mafia with the best items you can afford, then expand your mafia.
Thanks!Hey duke, you are on the right track but your shifting a little overboard. I was doing well just like you at your level I was balling everyone up cause I spent all my respect on the best things I could but then i started getting tons of random requests and my cars werent enough so i started falling down in the ranks. A few pointers i can give you, respect farming =
Warehouses
Meat Factory
Clothing stores
High level Italian restaurants
Loft

These are the best respect/ experience farming methods so you can buy your gear with respect.

Looting good items is important too, stick with the missions, and eventually they start giving good loot like the riot gun, rampage (car) and a few other good loot items.

Whatever you do, dont rush with adding mafia, take it easy equip them all with the best gear you can afford.

Hope it helped :)

Duke.0
10-20-2011, 12:35 PM
Hey duke, you are on the right track but your shifting a little overboard. I was doing well just like you at your level I was balling everyone up cause I spent all my respect on the best things I could but then i started getting tons of random requests and my cars werent enough so i started falling down in the ranks. A few pointers i can give you, respect farming =
Warehouses
Meat Factory
Clothing stores
Loft

These are the best respect/ experience farming methods so you can buy your gear with respect.

Looting good items is important too, stick with the missions, and eventually they start giving good loot like the riot gun, rampage (car) and a few other good loot items.

Whatever you do, dont rush with adding mafia, take it easy equip them all with the best gear you can afford.

Hope it helped :)

Yeah that did help ghost !
Thanks

I'll farm those buildings you suggested more often .

As far as quests go....What i've been doing so far is the quests that i'm given, but a question with the quests...

Lets say at Liberty Park, i'm doing the Museum quest, and the first time i do it, i don't get the item. Can i click on the museum again and attempt to get the item? AKA Farm different buildings/people from quests to get items?

Hugh Bris
10-20-2011, 12:59 PM
Wow - lots of GREAT advice in this thread. I really wish that I had all of this good information when I started since I leveled up way too fast. It's SO hard now to camp out and just collect cash lol! Good job on all of this info!

Duke.0
10-20-2011, 01:10 PM
Another observation:

If you have people in your mafia, if you visit them you get $100 each mafia member, each day. (once a day)

Ghost818
10-20-2011, 01:18 PM
Not all missions in this game are programed to give loot. Only specific ones that you do, you are rewarded for, and theres no way to just jump to those, you gotta learn how to catch the little fish, before you learn how to catch a shark you feel me? By the way duke, PVP gives good loot too but it takes time.

Duke.0
10-20-2011, 01:25 PM
I know not all of them do, i'm talking about the little brown bags with $ on it. The quests with those...can i farm those quests with the brown bags?

I have gotten some decent items from PVP too.

Update on my Info:
Level 26
49 Mafia
Att - 813
Def - 932
$/Hr - $4764

Fight Record 723W / 99L

Ghost818
10-20-2011, 01:31 PM
Sure i mean you can camp as long as you want if you find that necessary. But lets say a specific mission you do gives you loot ( note im not talkin about the loot you get from a job im talking about the missions) that loot that specific mission gave you is not able to be looted again by doing the same job. hope that answered your question.

Duke.0
10-20-2011, 01:32 PM
Oh and something else.

STATS!

Is there some decent ratio for stat distribution?
As of now i have just been adding some to attack, some to defense and mostly to Energy/Stamina.

What combos work good?
All Energy?

Duke.0
10-20-2011, 01:36 PM
Sure i mean you can camp as long as you want if you find that necessary. But lets say a specific mission you do gives you loot ( note im not talkin about the loot you get from a job im talking about the missions) that loot that specific mission gave you is not able to be looted again by doing the same job. hope that answered your question.

So..
Green Arrow Buildings/People = possible loot items
Yellow arrow buildings/people = possible loot items
No arrows = no loot items?

How are people getting a certain high powered gun from a blue junkyard box then over and over again?
I must be missing something here. It sounds like they are spending 1000's of energy on farming that one blue box to get the item 10, 20, 30 times.

Ghost818
10-20-2011, 01:38 PM
Oh and something else.

STATS!

Is there some decent ratio for stat distribution?
As of now i have just been adding some to attack, some to defense and mostly to Energy/Stamina.

What combos work good?
All Energy?In the beggining, I thought if i spread it out it would be nice, but energy comes in handy once you get further in the cities ( for example where I am to finish one job it takes 200 energy and 11 tries) to do just one job.
as of right now

level 64
Jobs completed: 1731
Fights won: 3076
Fights lost: 342
Robberies won: 1482
robberies lost: 251

Mafia 288
weapons 706
armor 294
attack 5186
defence 6284

i put
attack 35
defence 31
energy 1130
stamina 19

Every two times i level I put one to stamina and one to energy ( stamina costs 2 energy costs 1)
and the third time i level i put one attack one defence and one energy
the fourth time i level i put 3 into energy and back to the start of the cycle.

Duke.0
10-20-2011, 01:48 PM
oh ok, that looks good
I was just looking at your profile in game and seeing your equipment.

I guess what i'm confused about is what i said in post #18 above. Like in your inventory, you have 25 nail bats. Did you farm a building or "quest" person to get that many? I guess thats what im confused about, how does one get 30 guns of the same loot item? It can't all be from PVP is it?

Ghost818
10-20-2011, 02:09 PM
all from PVP my friend. I do the attack missions nonstop. winning streak, hardcore hitman, championship rounds thuglife. they are all above round 30, ive gotten pretty decent loots from pvp. and if you look i have double digit M4a1s thats because i balanced my energy and stamina. :)

Duke.0
10-20-2011, 04:02 PM
Hm..

So can you farm items from different places in the game (not just pvp loot) ?

I mean like

I do a quest on a building with a green arrow, i get a Truck as a reward.
I come back to the same building, this time with no arrow, can i still get another truck?

Penutt
10-20-2011, 05:12 PM
A lower level player inboxed me for some advice and this is what I told him and think it is the most important aspect of the game...Here is my 2 cents:

Ok from what I have learned about this game as far as attack and defense is that when your mafia fight other players or when other players attack you each mafia member is equiped with 1 weapon, 1 armor, 1 vehicle, and 1 loot. So if you had 200 mafia that would equal 800 pieces of equipment but the catch is to buy your weapons evenly. A lot of players will focus too much on weapons and armor but not have enough vehicles which will make you weaker when fighting other players and prone to lose a lot. I just don't randomly attack other players. I will look at there stats to see what ratio of weapons they have. I attacked someone last night who had 6 veyrons but didn't have enough armor so I beat him 9 straight times to help complete my goals. So make sure when you are buying your equipment that you buy enough of each to supply your mafia. Don't have 400 mafia but only have enough weapons and armor to supply all 400 but only have enough melee for 350 and vehicles for 275 because it will make you very weak. Also don't have too many mafia members for your level because it allows stronger players to attack you and stretches out your equipment.

Penutt
10-20-2011, 05:20 PM
@Duke...when you complete a job on a mission (the green arrows) the loot you receive is from you finishing the dual job mission and can not be received again. That is why if you look at other players inventory list there are certain loot that all players only have one of. However if you go to each area on the map they all contain atleast one job you can go back and complete for various pieces of loot. I personally try to concentrate on those that can be completed in one stage versus the dual stage jobs.

whocareswhatmynameis
10-20-2011, 05:28 PM
A few pointers i can give you, respect farming =
Warehouses
Meat Factory
Clothing stores
Loft

While I mostly agree with what you wrote, I wanted to point out that I've found laundromats to be the most effective and abundant source for respect farming. Laundromats (lvl 4 to 7) give 2-3 respect points per experience. Compare that to farming a lvl 7 warehouse that gives 10-12 points for 30 experience (0.3 points per experience). If one's goal is not to level up very fast while at the same time accumulate respect points, laundromats are the way to go. There are other buildings such as Fish market (lvl 2 and above) that give good respect point to experience ratio.

Penutt
10-20-2011, 05:37 PM
While I mostly agree with what you wrote, I wanted to point out that I've found laundromats to be the most effective and abundant source for respect farming. Laundromats (lvl 4 to 7) give 2-3 respect points per experience. Compare that to farming a lvl 7 warehouse that gives 10-12 points for 30 experience (0.3 points per experience). If one's goal is not to level up very fast while at the same time accumulate respect points, laundromats are the way to go. There are other buildings such as Fish market (lvl 2 and above) that give good respect point to experience ratio.

As for respect farming, there are several buildings that give reasonable respect rewards such as italion restaurant, chinese restaurant, diner, clthing store, high level warehouses, and few more but statistically the laundromats produce the best respect rewards.

Duke.0
10-20-2011, 07:20 PM
So how are people farming M4a1's in the junkyard if you can only get an item once?

This is where i'm confused. I hear stories on these very forums of people spending 100's of energy on farming for loot items. How is this possible if you can only obtain an item once?

Penutt
10-20-2011, 07:39 PM
So how are people farming M4a1's in the junkyard if you can only get an item once?

This is where i'm confused. I hear stories on these very forums of people spending 100's of energy on farming for loot items. How is this possible if you can only obtain an item once?

I think you misunderstood what I am saying. When you go to your goal list and it sends you to a place on the map it will always ask you to complete two jobs to complete the goal. Once you complete the two jobs you get a loot item. Those loot items can not be farmed because it only comes from completeing the goal. However, you can go back to any place on the map and do individual jobs to gain loot which has nothing to do with completing a goal and getting goal loot. The M4 A1 is not a goal loot item but an individual job loot item. In other words, you do not have to complete a goal to obtain the M4 A1 but items such as .40 Police Special, FBI Famas, Security Shotgun, and Aces Wild are goal completion loot items.

Duke.0
10-20-2011, 08:01 PM
I think you misunderstood what I am saying. When you go to your goal list and it sends you to a place on the map it will always ask you to complete two jobs to complete the goal. Once you complete the two jobs you get a loot item. Those loot items can not be farmed because it only comes from completeing the goal. However, you can go back to any place on the map and do individual jobs to gain loot which has nothing to do with completing a goal and getting goal loot. The M4 A1 is not a goal loot item but an individual job loot item. In other words, you do not have to complete a goal to obtain the M4 A1 but items such as .40 Police Special, FBI Famas, Security Shotgun, and Aces Wild are goal completion loot items.

OH ok, Thanks!

I didn't know you always get a loot item after completing the two green quests.

And you answered my question :) You can get loot items "aka farming" after the green quests. Thats what i was wanting to know, so thanks!

Max Power
10-20-2011, 08:17 PM
OH ok, Thanks!

I didn't know you always get a loot item after completing the two green quests.

And you answered my question :) You can get loot items "aka farming" after the green quests. That's what i was wanting to know, so thanks!

You can tell in the little information bar at the bottom of the screen. It will give a dollar range for the job and show the little brown bag if there is a possibility of a loot item. The bar will display once you click on the job. When you run out of energy, that's the time to do the research without spending the cash.

Duke.0
10-20-2011, 08:48 PM
You can tell in the little information bar at the bottom of the screen. It will give a dollar range for the job and show the little brown bag if there is a possibility of a loot item. The bar will display once you click on the job. When you run out of energy, that's the time to do the research without spending the cash.

The brown bag means it "could" drop....eventually right?

Just checking :)

But thanks for the info.

Ghost818
10-20-2011, 10:13 PM
Brown bag means that job gives loot, and its not the same loot as the missions, so technically, the answer is YES those jobs give loot, but not the same loot as the specific DUAL job missions. hope that hellped clarify.

Duke.0
10-21-2011, 09:20 PM
Big Thanks to everybody in this thread who helped me out.

Ghost and Peanut you rock.

Today i reached level 30, and no, i'm not rushing it.

I have...

Level 30
70 Mafia Members
Att - 1213
Def - 1232
$/hr - 5095

Yes i know i can have 5 x my level for mafia members (150) but there is no reason to rush it. Its impractical to think i can get 150 cars at this point. I only have 56 cars right now, and i'm working on getting 70 total before i get more mafia members. This way i use the most possible gear in fights.

New Observation (well...new to me...)
I noticed that after a fight, when you see both players weapons/armor and things used in the fight, there seems to be a specific order to the things that YOU used in the fight.... which should give you a hint as to what you should buy in the equipment shop. If you look at it, it goes....

Top Left - Middle - Right

top left = most strongest attack item
top Middle = second most strongest attack item
top Right = third most strongest attack item

Following this pattern you can look down your list of items (always going left to right) you used in the fight and find this to be true. The bottom of the list (bottom right) is the most weakest attack item used in the fight. (also i don't think all of your items are listed once you get to 16 rows of three items. (like my Junker cars are not listed but i know they are used because each mafia can use one car, and i'm not over my limit for cars yet.)

Now, what does this mean, why should you care?
If you are trying to figure out what the heck to buy in the equipment shop, or how to improve your fights, you can use this info to figure out just what will help you the most. I know its helped me figure out what items to spend more $ or respect on. Such as Tommy Guns, or Mustangs (and not buying brass knuckles, because they are NOT used anymore!)

Second Observation....
The game has changed and everybody has seemed to write off explosive items! Why? They are not used each fight and they boost your att/def numbers too.
This means that each mafia member can now use...
1 Gun
1 Melee
1 Explosive
1 Armor
1 Car

In other words, mafia number x 5 = max number of items in a fight

Example, i'm level 70, so 70 x 5 = 350 items max used in a fight.

So many people i have fraught are totally under equipped for fight.

whocareswhatmynameis
10-22-2011, 07:14 AM
Yes i know i can have 5 x my level for mafia members (150) but there is no reason to rush it.

welcome to the club (of smaller but meaner mafia)!!!

The game has changed and everybody has seemed to write off explosive items! Why? They are not used each fight and they boost your att/def numbers too.
i share your sentiment. i have purchased a few dozen. my feeling is most players are concerned that explosives are consumable and therefore not a prudent investment. the jury is out there if the investment is worth it. it is going to take some experimenting and risk taking before we know for sure.

Cheez-It
10-22-2011, 03:30 PM
Big Thanks to everybody in this thread who helped me out.

Ghost and Peanut you rock.

Today i reached level 30, and no, i'm not rushing it.

I have...

Level 30
70 Mafia Members
Att - 1213
Def - 1232
$/hr - 5095

Yes i know i can have 5 x my level for mafia members (150) but there is no reason to rush it. Its impractical to think i can get 150 cars at this point. I only have 56 cars right now, and i'm working on getting 70 total before i get more mafia members. This way i use the most possible gear in fights.

New Observation (well...new to me...)
I noticed that after a fight, when you see both players weapons/armor and things used in the fight, there seems to be a specific order to the things that YOU used in the fight.... which should give you a hint as to what you should buy in the equipment shop. If you look at it, it goes....

Top Left - Middle - Right

top left = most strongest attack item
top Middle = second most strongest attack item
top Right = third most strongest attack item

Following this pattern you can look down your list of items (always going left to right) you used in the fight and find this to be true. The bottom of the list (bottom right) is the most weakest attack item used in the fight. (also i don't think all of your items are listed once you get to 16 rows of three items. (like my Junker cars are not listed but i know they are used because each mafia can use one car, and i'm not over my limit for cars yet.)

Now, what does this mean, why should you care?
If you are trying to figure out what the heck to buy in the equipment shop, or how to improve your fights, you can use this info to figure out just what will help you the most. I know its helped me figure out what items to spend more $ or respect on. Such as Tommy Guns, or Mustangs (and not buying brass knuckles, because they are NOT used anymore!)

Second Observation....
This means that each mafia member can now use...
1 Gun
1 Melee
1 Explosive
1 Armor
1 Car

In other words, mafia number x 5 = max number of items in a fight

Example, i'm level 70, so 70 x 5 = 350 items max used in a fight.

So many people i have fraught are totally under equipped for fight.

This was a good read. Thanks for the post. I'm still trying to figure out this "number of items to mafia members" deal and how it works in a fight.

Ghost818
10-22-2011, 03:39 PM
BASICALLY, each mafia member is assigned a total of FOUR iF AND ONLY IF you have one of each, if you dont have one or more of the four, that specific type of item wont be equipped UNTILL you buy or loot that type. so if you have 500 guns 200 melee 100 armor and 50 cars, and you have a total of 400 mafia

400 will have guns equiped
200 of yours ARE MISSING MELEE
300 are missing armor ( only using guns
and 350 are missing cars ( only using guns )

WHICH MEANS
only 50 are FULLY equipped with all 4 types of equipement.

Duke.0
10-22-2011, 03:54 PM
BASICALLY, each mafia member is assigned a total of FOUR iF AND ONLY IF you have one of each, if you dont have one or more of the four, that specific type of item wont be equipped UNTILL you buy or loot that type. so if you have 500 guns 200 melee 100 armor and 50 cars, and you have a total of 400 mafia

WHICH MEANS

Yes Ghost that is true.....but do you mean 5 items now? The explosives are considered part of the equipment each mafia member "could" use.

I noticed that my explosives that i have (X70 Molotov, X10 Time Bomb, X13 Frag, X1 Stun) i have only lost a few Molotov and some Frag but it has not been often, nor a massive quantity. One fight i lost 5 Molotov, and another fight i lost 3 Frag. But other then that, they are not consumed very often from my experience at level 30 to 32.

Ghost818
10-22-2011, 03:56 PM
Yeah now its 5 before it was 4. My bad :)

nycpizzalover
10-22-2011, 04:14 PM
Yes Ghost that is true.....but do you mean 5 items now? The explosives are considered part of the equipment each mafia member "could" use.

I noticed that my explosives that i have (X70 Molotov, X10 Time Bomb, X13 Frag, X1 Stun) i have only lost a few Molotov and some Frag but it has not been often, nor a massive quantity. One fight i lost 5 Molotov, and another fight i lost 3 Frag. But other then that, they are not consumed very often from my experience at level 30 to 32.

I was fighting a rival and he had like 20 explosives so that his count of weapons was 2020 (over level 100). As we fought, his weapons went down. But not every time, there would be several fights where an explosive wasn't used and then 2 would be and then not again for like 3 fights. It seems like CC software randomly chooses when to add an explosive. It doesn't use them consistently.

Duke.0
10-22-2011, 04:39 PM
I was fighting a rival and he had like 20 explosives so that his count of weapons was 2020 (over level 100). As we fought, his weapons went down. But not every time, there would be several fights where an explosive wasn't used and then 2 would be and then not again for like 3 fights. It seems like CC software randomly chooses when to add an explosive. It doesn't use them consistently.

I don't know how it works, but i do know explosives add to your overall Att/Def numbers, and since its a part of the equipment that each mafia could use, i would think it would be somewhat important to use them.

They are not expensive anyways, they are like $100 for Molotov and $2000 for Frags which is not bad at all for the increased stats they provide.

Cheez-It
10-22-2011, 04:49 PM

WHICH MEANS

Yeah now its 5 before it was 4. My bad :)

Thanks for the break down. I really appreciate it. It was just hard to understand that with no basic explanation or guidelines stating that.

Duke.0
10-22-2011, 04:52 PM
Want me to make a basic "FYI" guide with this information posted in a easy to read format? Because this thread has a bunch of good info posted in it by me, ghost and peanut and a few others.

Ghost818
10-23-2011, 10:46 AM
Want me to make a basic "FYI" guide with this information posted in a easy to read format? Because this thread has a bunch of good info posted in it by me, ghost and peanut and a few others.if any help is needed feel free to contact me id like to contribute

Mabraha
10-23-2011, 01:43 PM
I think youre all wrong about keeping your mafia size down, imo you should have max mafia for your level so you use as much items as possible for your level. I dont think mafia size has anything to do with who is on your rival list.. I am lvl 81 and i have 1000 ish mafia and i see people with only 200 on my list..

Duke.0
10-23-2011, 09:07 PM
I think youre all wrong about keeping your mafia size down, imo you should have max mafia for your level so you use as much items as possible for your level. I dont think mafia size has anything to do with who is on your rival list.. I am lvl 81 and i have 1000 ish mafia and i see people with only 200 on my list..

Ok so you have 1000 mafia (hypothetically)

Do you have 1000 Guns? 1000 melee weapons? 1000 explosives? 1000 armor items? 1000 cars?

When you fight and it says "items used" in the fight, you should have 5000 items being used at all times with that many mafia. If you don't, then your not equipping all your mafia members, which will result in a weaker mafia. If you come across another person who has 1000 mafia and 5000 items, you are probably going to end up loosing the battle, simply because you don't have enough items to support such a large mafia.

In my personal mafia, i have 76 members. (and i'm level 35, so theoretically i could have 175 mafia)
76 mafia x 5 possible items per fight = 380 total items used in a fight
So..
I should be using 380 items in a fight...however i am not....i have 373 items being used. Why?
CARS...i don't have enough cars, in fact i only have 69 cars at the moment. 7 Short of my max cars needed to be at full strength.

I have 28 people who are waiting in request for my mafia, Am i going to accept them? YES, but not just yet, not until i can get 32 more cars and do a count of my armor (i know i got enough guns, but armor IDK?)

I guess it depends on if you want to be powerful or just "ok" at the game. Personally i want the strongest mafia i can get, and to do so requires the use of all items necessary. Even explosives.

From my observations....When you look at your rival list, it organizes by LEVEL first, mafia members second. It tries to get people who are close in mafia members to battle. (not always...but it tries). For me, when i look at my own rivals, i see people who have a few less mafia, and people who have 100-110 mafia.
So my range for level 35 with 76 mafia seems to be people who are level 35 with 65-110 mafia.

I don't know the math formula or how the game figures it out. And really, it doesn't matter!
What does matter is equipping your mafia to the max so you can win more and not die as much.

Mabraha
10-24-2011, 02:11 AM
Maybe your rigth at low level, but mafia size dont have any impact on rival list at higher lvls..
The way i see it you should have max mafia for you lvl because even if you dont have enough cars you will get higher att and def from the other items.

icore360
10-24-2011, 03:32 AM
Great to hear that. Thanks!

Max Power
10-24-2011, 04:46 AM
Ok so you have 1000 mafia (hypothetically)

Do you have 1000 Guns? 1000 melee weapons? 1000 explosives? 1000 armor items? 1000 cars?

When you fight and it says "items used" in the fight, you should have 5000 items being used at all times with that many mafia. If you don't, then your not equipping all your mafia members, which will result in a weaker mafia. If you come across another person who has 1000 mafia and 5000 items, you are probably going to end up loosing the battle, simply because you don't have enough items to support such a large mafia.

In my personal mafia, i have 76 members. (and i'm level 35, so theoretically i could have 175 mafia)
76 mafia x 5 possible items per fight = 380 total items used in a fight
So..
I should be using 380 items in a fight...however i am not....i have 373 items being used. Why?
CARS...i don't have enough cars, in fact i only have 69 cars at the moment. 7 Short of my max cars needed to be at full strength.

I have 28 people who are waiting in request for my mafia, Am i going to accept them? YES, but not just yet, not until i can get 32 more cars and do a count of my armor (i know i got enough guns, but armor IDK?)

I guess it depends on if you want to be powerful or just "ok" at the game. Personally i want the strongest mafia i can get, and to do so requires the use of all items necessary. Even explosives.

From my observations....When you look at your rival list, it organizes by LEVEL first, mafia members second. It tries to get people who are close in mafia members to battle. (not always...but it tries). For me, when i look at my own rivals, i see people who have a few less mafia, and people who have 100-110 mafia.
So my range for level 35 with 76 mafia seems to be people who are level 35 with 65-110 mafia.

I don't know the math formula or how the game figures it out. And really, it doesn't matter!
What does matter is equipping your mafia to the max so you can win more and not die as much.

What none of us know is whether 500 mafia with 3 out of 4 items will beat 100 mafia with 4 out of 4 items. (not counting explosives here) Having that info would go a long way in proving (or not) your theory.

And once you get to higher levels, you get attacked by people 25 levels above you. I don't think mafia size will be as much a factor at higher levels, but that is speculation on my part.

Ghost818
10-24-2011, 05:36 AM
What none of us know is whether 500 mafia with 3 out of 4 items will beat 100 mafia with 4 out of 4 items. (not counting explosives here) Having that info would go a long way in proving (or not) your theory.

And once you get to higher levels, you get attacked by people 25 levels above you. I don't think mafia size will be as much a factor at higher levels, but that is speculation on my part.

Theres also this fact to consider, what if you have 200 mafia and 200 of each(even consumables)

But the rival has 150 mafia (also maxed out items) BUT! his items are better than yours.

The game will favor the rival Because and ONLY because his items were stronger.

Theres never really a EXACT or accurate way to figure these things out, because mafia # doesnt really matter when it comes to winning or losing, its more of an attack/defence matter. At first i thought if the rivals defence was 200 lower than my attack I would own them ( because i usually would when i was level 50ish) BUT now i am level 71 and sometimes i lose to people with 1.3k defence lower than my attack. it has been mentioned plenty of times that there is a random factor when it comes to PVP and robbing that i havnt figured out yet.

Duke.0
10-24-2011, 09:58 AM
So i guess the debate is now..

Quantity vs. Quality

Is it better to have max mafia (lvl x 5)
Or is it better to have a smaller mafia size with better equipment?

I see the points being made above, like.....more mafia members = more equipment being used which would increase attack and defense.

But also...

Less mafia means you can more easily use all the items in a fight and have a better chance to fully equip your mafia.

Hm..

What other pros / cons are there to this?

TemplarX
10-24-2011, 10:57 PM
Hi Duke, this is one of the better and more informative threads around. However, I would not agree with making this a basic FYI guide for 3 reasons:
1) THE FUN OF CC IS THAT NOT EVERYTHING IS EXPLICITLY STATED...so there is a lot of guesswork, exploring, trial and errors, people giving theories. Let those who are diligent dig for the truth, and those ignorant learn from their mistakes.
2) YOU ARE ON THE RIGHT TRACK and that is an advantage. I am playing a LVL 53 and a LVL 28, and I believe you are doing the right things. Keep it an advantage
3) THERE ARE VARIOUS PATHS TO SUCCESS. I think there are various doctrines to pursue and we should let the game thrive on diversity. Some go for mafia size, others spend on weapons, yet others may just want to build a large economy (especially those high-touch frequently online farmers)... so there should not be any "guide" or call anything "basic". At best, the path you chose is just one 'doctrine' amongst many.

Duke.0
10-24-2011, 11:07 PM
Hi Duke, this is one of the better and more informative threads around. However, I would not agree with making this a basic FYI guide for 3 reasons:
1) THE FUN OF CC IS THAT NOT EVERYTHING IS EXPLICITLY STATED...so there is a lot of guesswork, exploring, trial and errors, people giving theories. Let those who are diligent dig for the truth, and those ignorant learn from their mistakes.
2) YOU ARE ON THE RIGHT TRACK and that is an advantage. I am playing a LVL 53 and a LVL 28, and I believe you are doing the right things. Keep it an advantage
3) THERE ARE VARIOUS PATHS TO SUCCESS. I think there are various doctrines to pursue and we should let the game thrive on diversity. Some go for mafia size, others spend on weapons, yet others may just want to build a large economy (especially those high-touch frequently online farmers)... so there should not be any "guide" or call anything "basic". At best, the path you chose is just one 'doctrine' amongst many.

Awesome post :)
Thanks for that
And i do agree, i probably won't make the guide, i was thinking there is SO much variance with the way people play, and the updates from Funzio and the changes, items etc... its impossible to keep up with. So a simple post like this is a way for me, and others (like Ghost and Peanut) to just to shoot ideas around and post up some things we have discovered.

Your welcome to contribute to the thread too. Post up any observations or suggestions. Anything is welcome.

Now as far as new questions...

Where can i farm some cars? I have reached level 37 recently.

Duke.0
10-25-2011, 07:42 AM
Something new...

I have 85 mafia, so i should be using 425 items in a fight.
However i was only using 419.

What i discovered is that the pure "defense" explosive, meaning the ones that have atk = 0 (such as stun grenade) do NOT add to an item used in a fight. It must have at least 1 atk for it to be used in a fight.

CheezyPoofs
10-25-2011, 10:53 AM
This is a really great thread, thanks for all the insight!

Duke.0
10-25-2011, 11:32 AM
Something new...

I have 85 mafia, so i should be using 425 items in a fight.
However i was only using 419.

What i discovered is that the pure "defense" explosive, meaning the ones that have atk = 0 (such as stun grenade) do NOT add to an item used in a fight. It must have at least 1 atk for it to be used in a fight.

I also just saw that my opponent (in a loosing effort) used the stun grenade. So i think this means, if your attacked, your pure defense explosives get used up.

In a nutshell.....

Attack Explosives - Molotov, Hand, Frag - only seem to get used when your attacking a rival
Defense Explosives - Smoke, Stun - only seem to get used when your being attacked and your defending.
Mixed Explosives - Time Bomb - work in both cases???? <---I don't know this for sure yet.... i'm guessing....

I know it sounds simple and you might be thinking ..."Wow, never would have guessed that, Duke is a idiot", but nobody really knows how these get consumed. This might shed some light on the whole situation.

CheezyPoofs
10-25-2011, 11:53 AM
I think the addition of explosives is my favorite part of the update because of the flexibility. While I've recently expanded to 124 mafia (level 82) I've been one of the tiny mafia folks, still kinda am, and adding explosives made it so I could temporarily increase my attack enough to get through the challenges that are based on mafia size....that and hunting for people with a very weak mafia of 240+.

Duke I'm gonna add you, it'll come up as Firefly, can you accept my request so I can check out your hood?

Duke.0
10-25-2011, 12:02 PM
Alright i'll look for you and add you ;)

I'm level 38 with 94 mafia
i'm also a tiny mafia person, and rather get full equipment then a mass mafia :)

Let me know when you send the request so i can add you.

CheezyPoofs
10-25-2011, 12:39 PM
Sent it.
One thing about the small mafia method that I can't find a solution to is how to keep it small. I consider under 50 to be small but through goals etc. I've acquired over 50 henchmen so even if I delete my whole mafia I still have over 50. How many of your mafia are henchmen?

Duke.0
10-25-2011, 12:50 PM
According to my list, 22 are henchmen

However, how small is too small?

I would think that what ever size you choose, you should have the items to back it up and fully equip your mafia.
That's my personal opinion. I have 95 mafia, therefore i should be using 475 items each fight.
So many people i fight, have 95-130 mafia and are not even close to their max number of items for the fight. Which can translate into not all your members are using all their necessary equipment.

I don't see a problem with a large mafia, however, you need the items to back it up.

Duke.0
10-25-2011, 12:55 PM
And i have no idea how to read your message you sent me in game, when i click reply i don't see the original message :(

CheezyPoofs
10-25-2011, 02:01 PM
Up until level 70 or so, having a small mafia keeps you from getting attacked by stronger players because you won't show up on the fight list for other players unless they too have a very small mafia and they're within a few level of you. After level 70 you start getting hit by stronger players with bigger mafias regardless but until then it's a great way to avoid being robbed. If you only have mafia members who you can arm well, as in respect items and good loot, you'll be strong relative to your size and clobber the other small mafias, of which there are many.

If you divide your attack by your Mafia size it'll give you a good sense of how well-armed you are. If you have 100 mafia and are packing 4400 attack then you're bringing 44 attack per Mafia.

Duke.0
10-25-2011, 02:19 PM
@CheezyPoofs
Did you see anything i should improve before i level up when you looked at my hood?
Any gear i'm missing that i should have?
Stats too low? (i'm only comparing it to people my level and its hard to tell whats good stats)

Your hood is nice :) and i agree, so far on my rivals list, since i'm close to 100 mafia, i'm getting people who have over 100 mafia for the most part. A lot of the rivals have 130 mafia right now and i'm only at 95....however, i have full item use out of the 95, where most of the people with 130 do not.

2 Random Questions.

1. Where is a good spot to loot good cars? (not like a hudson hornet, but something with good atk/def)
2. What buildings give the most respect points when robbed?

CheezyPoofs
10-26-2011, 01:18 AM
Clothing stores, meat factories and warehouses are always a good bet for respect points. Diners and Italian restaurants over level 6 are good too.
I haven't looked into car looting yet because the missions required vehicles plus fighting other players I've gotten a lot of police buses. There's a thread on looting here, I'm sure there are a couple for cars.
Devilish taxi in the junk yard maybe. I think that one comes from crushing cookie's car but im not certain.

Some buildings that are not worth robbing:

Gas station
Arcade
Sports Bar
Pizza parlor
Collection agency (at least not level 1 and 2)

whocareswhatmynameis
10-26-2011, 12:49 PM
don't forget laundromats, especially if you want to accumulate respect without leveling up too fast. one drawback is that this strategy requires a lot of patience.

Duke.0
10-26-2011, 01:03 PM
Oh yes, i used to do that and found that you only get 1,2 (sometimes 3) respect points for a laundromat robbery where as a Italian, Clothing Store, Meat Factory, Warehouse you can get 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 respect points for those.

I don't really mind leveling up, i find there is more competition as i level anyhow, which makes it more fun.

occabsSaT
02-08-2012, 12:14 PM
Denger Of Self Medication , lexapro cost (http://www.quidexpat.com/) When prescribed for gastrointestinal problems the recommended dosage is 10mg a day. http://www.quidexpat.com/ - escitalopram online

Babytway
02-08-2012, 12:32 PM
Spam bot Necro, im gonna rob you silly

760android
09-13-2012, 01:25 PM
Why is mafia attack in the profile different from what my current challenge says.... example, 2084 mafia attack according to "ruthless"...my current increase attack challenge..while under stats in profile it says mafia attack 2664??

Any help would be appreciated
Thanks

Coldjoey
09-13-2012, 02:25 PM
Come out of the game and go back in, you may have just been given a weapon from the last beat the boss event.

CADeBot
09-13-2012, 04:41 PM
I have only played a little on facebook, but I was just focusing on leveling up and not so much fighting anybody.

760android
09-16-2012, 01:12 AM
Leaving and coming back has no effect.... also everytime I buy a gun or anything that increases attack says I finished the challenge then rewards me just to take the reward back and say it isn't done.... which attack is real???